Rey or SEE vs JML

ManInWhite
43 posts Member
edited November 2020
Greetings, everyone !

I've activated SLKR recently and got him to G12. That allowed me to get fairly close to top 50 in Squad Arena and would allow me to get to top 20 with R7 and his Ultimate. The problem is, I'm in a March 2016 shard and I stopped playing between August 2016 and January 2020, so top 20 is dominated by 6+ million whales from top guilds with JMLs, Reys and occasional SLKRs. As far as I know, Rey squads can be beaten with the standard SLKR double-tank squad, so my only concern is JML, who can not be beaten by FO.

I've narrowed my possible choices to these three:
1) Get Rey and use her in a full Resistance squad without C3P0 or any high-tier Jedi like GAS, JKR, JKL and the likes.
2) Get SEE and additionally Sith Triumvirate and SET
3) Just get the Sith needed to counter JML and use them with SLKR (although that would be a bit harder as I don't have Malak or both Revans)

Help would be greatly appreciated.

My swgoh.gg account: https://swgoh.gg/p/735683965/

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    6 mil gp does not a whale make
  • There are a few SLKR teams that can beat JML. Here are a few:

DR, DM, BSF, Traya

DR, Thrawn, BSF, Traya

DR, Han, BSF, Traya

DR, Malak, BSF, SET

GG, GBA, WAT, B1

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • For what it's worth, SEE absolutely dominates JML. However, he's kind of lackluster for a GL in every other respect. I probably wouldn't consider getting him unless he's given a bit of a rework.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• scuba wrote: »
    6 mil gp does not a whale make

What if they have newest toons such as Kuill reliced and 8 mil GP ? I should've clarified that 6 mil is the lowest GP of players occupying top 20 in my shard and 7+ is the average GP, with one having even 8 mil. I may be wrong, but that definetely sounds like a whale to me.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    There are a few SLKR teams that can beat JML. Here are a few:

DR, DM, BSF, Traya

DR, Thrawn, BSF, Traya

DR, Han, BSF, Traya

DR, Malak, BSF, SET

GG, GBA, WAT, B1

This is what I was hoping for. It seems that going after DR would be the least investment with the desired result.
    Jarvind wrote: »
    For what it's worth, SEE absolutely dominates JML. However, he's kind of lackluster for a GL in every other respect. I probably wouldn't consider getting him unless he's given a bit of a rework.

It's good to know that JML can be beaten with SEE, so that's still an option. I'm not too concerned with his underwhelming performance for now as I have SLKR to beat all other teams and I generally like Palp as a character. Nevertheless, that'll require more gear and time, so I'll be going after DR.

Thank you very much for your detailed and quick response !
  • LordDirt wrote: »

DR, DM, BSF, Traya

DR, Thrawn, BSF, Traya

DR, Han, BSF, Traya

DR, Malak, BSF, SET

GG, GBA, WAT, B1

I'd highly recommend using Wat. The shield tech on SLKR makes him immune to debuffs (auto cleansing at start of turn) and completely ruins the jedis ability to keep him under control with ability blocks, breach, blind, etc.

DR (lead), BSF, Wat and either Zolo (against opposing Wat) or pretty much any fifth (Malak, KRU, GBA, etc.) if there is no Wat on the opposing team.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »

DR, DM, BSF, Traya

DR, Thrawn, BSF, Traya

DR, Han, BSF, Traya

DR, Malak, BSF, SET

GG, GBA, WAT, B1

I'd highly recommend using Wat. The shield tech on SLKR makes him immune to debuffs (auto cleansing at start of turn) and completely ruins the jedis ability to keep him under control with ability blocks, breach, blind, etc.

DR (lead), BSF, Wat and either Zolo (against opposing Wat) or pretty much any fifth (Malak, KRU, GBA, etc.) if there is no Wat on the opposing team.

I don't have Wat as of now, 15 shards only and my guild gets 8 shards each Geo DSTB. Assuming I get Wat at 4 stars and give him the Mass Manufacture zeta, does he need to give the tank tech to SLKR and then to survive as long as possible or he can just die right after that ?
  • ManInWhite wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

DR, DM, BSF, Traya

DR, Thrawn, BSF, Traya

DR, Han, BSF, Traya

DR, Malak, BSF, SET

GG, GBA, WAT, B1

I don't have Wat as of now, 15 shards only and my guild gets 8 shards each Geo DSTB. Assuming I get Wat at 4 stars and give him the Mass Manufacture zeta, does he need to give the tank tech to SLKR and then to survive as long as possible or he can just die right after that ?

He just needs to hand out the tank tech. Just like Zolo only needs to stun Wat at the beginning and then can die. It's pretty much just DR, BSF and SLKR vs 5.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    ManInWhite wrote: »

DR, DM, BSF, Traya

DR, Thrawn, BSF, Traya

DR, Han, BSF, Traya

DR, Malak, BSF, SET

GG, GBA, WAT, B1

He just needs to hand out the tank tech. Just like Zolo only needs to stun Wat at the beginning and then can die. It's pretty much just DR, BSF and SLKR vs 5.

Then I'll start farming the toons required for DR immediately. Again, thank you very much for your help !
    One last thing, though: is Han's zeta actually needed ? He can go first and stun without it and mine is G7 only, so I'm not expecting much damage from him.
  • ManInWhite wrote: »
    ManInWhite wrote: »

DR, DM, BSF, Traya

DR, Thrawn, BSF, Traya

DR, Han, BSF, Traya

DR, Malak, BSF, SET

GG, GBA, WAT, B1

Then I'll start farming the toons required for DR immediately. Again, thank you very much for your help !
    One last thing, though: is Han's zeta actually needed ? He can go first and stun without it and mine is G7 only, so I'm not expecting much damage from him.

Most likely not needed but it's a really good zeta and the TM reduction on his double taps can become handy aswell (obviously not so much on a g7 Solo but for later purpose).
  • Don't get SEE, his only use in the game is killing JML.

Rey will give you a lot more use in 99% of the game
  • LordDunbar wrote: »
    Don't get SEE, his only use in the game is killing JML.

Rey will give you a lot more use in 99% of the game

I will have to agree with that, but her top tier squads include legendary Jedi such as GAS and JKL, and I'm very far away from those, especially from JKL. Unless she can be competitive in Geo LSTB, GAC, TWs and Squad Arena with the Resistance toons required to unlock here, she will be a burden at my low GP.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    She can for all of those other than maybe arena (depending on your account age, shard, and definition of "competitive").
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    She can for all of those other than maybe arena (depending on your account age, shard, and definition of "competitive").

I've mentioned that I'm in a March 2016 shard, everyone in top 50 has either a GL or JKL, and by competitive I've meant essentially meta, as SLKR-led full FO can beat any squad except for JML, and I would like for Rey to do something similiar just with her required Resistance toons.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    She's great in TB/GA/TW with Res toons.

Arena, not so much.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    She's great in TB/GA/TW with Res toons.

Arena, not so much.

In that case she'll be a side farm at best, as there are other toons that can counter JML that are significantly easier to get. So I'll get GBA for Wat and BSF and the others for DR. Thank you very much for your explanations !
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    The short answer is bring Han when they have Wat and use Shoot First to stun him. Thrawn pretty much destroys GLs but it can be a bit tricky to get around double taunts so some squad adjustments to manage the taunting. Malak, Traya, etc can manage taunters allowing you to Fracture GLs.
  • Straegen wrote: »
    The short answer is bring Han when they have Wat and use Shoot First to stun him. Thrawn pretty much destroys GLs but it can be a bit tricky to get around double taunts so some squad adjustments to manage the taunting. Malak, Traya, etc can manage taunters allowing you to Fracture GLs.

Don't have Malak, so I'll stick to DR and BSF to dispel buffs and get Shock on the enemies. SLKR's main weakness is ability blocks, and that's where Wat's tank tech comes in. That way I won't need Thrawn most likely and can use my KRU instead.
  • If tank tech lands on JML, the fight is still winnable but it is a real pain to say the least. The other issue is that JML when built a certain way can literally one shot an entire team other than the GL. DR can also make fights problematic because he health equalizes so he can literally nuke the health of your GL before he goes.

Managing Wat just makes the entire fight easy whether that is 3v3 or 5v5.
  • Straegen wrote: »
    If tank tech lands on JML, the fight is still winnable but it is a real pain to say the least. The other issue is that JML when built a certain way can literally one shot an entire team other than the GL. DR can also make fights problematic because he health equalizes so he can literally nuke the health of your GL before he goes.

Managing Wat just makes the entire fight easy whether that is 3v3 or 5v5.

That's if there is Wat on the opposing team to begin with. In that case I'll use Han to stun him in the beginning. Wat's tank tech will regen SLKR's protection, so if JML nukes the entire team, SLKR will have enough health to regen it quickly through health steal. As for DR, I can just not put a zeta on his unique for this particular use.