Advice where to go (F2P)

https://swgoh.gg/p/536284648/characters/

Firstly, i didnt start out fully focused in the beginning, and only started rly focusing on specific teams and comps midway through, also i kinda neglected prep for fleet battles in the beginning, so i am a bit behind on that curve.

Is my current roster. Currently i am farming a Geo Team, and my Hard Node farming is Zombie, both Bastilas, Zaalbar, Jolee and Carth. (Cantina Energy goes to Geos right now, as it will take me a while anyway to get thoose hard nodes finished)
Any advice for that plan?

Where i am rly torns is, on what team i should focus my gearing and Zetas on, either my nightsister squad (they were my first team), or the empire/sith squad.

Fleet Arena wise, i am fairly comfortable in the top 50, just cant rly get to that top 25, as people are just a bit too ahead in terms of fleet power

Replies

• MasterSeedy
    4995 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Zombie doesn't need anything too rare, so I would take NSZ to g11. However your NS cannot go to the next level without Spirit, who is only 3 stars. So let's not gear up NS anymore right now.

I would gear Geos as much as possible without ignoring Empire.
    Put a zeta on Palp's lead & choose your fleet commander - Tarkin or Thrawn. The one you commit to gets g12 + 3. The other stays g11.

Palp gets g11 right away while Vader gets g12. Look opportunistically to give Palp g12 as soon as you reasonably can without hurting progress with your Geonosians.

All this work on Empire minimizes use of Mk5 Stun Guns (when I stay Stun Guns below, it's always the Mk5 unless otherwise specified) and **that** leaves you free to race forward with Geos, who give you a new near-meta faction AND help your fleet tremendously.
    Now, the shards for Geos are about to double, so you shouldn't use ANY refreshes of cantina energy at all. Save the crystals you would have spent on those refreshes for hurrying those Geos and spend them after the shard drop rate doubles on Nov 24th/25th.

Yes, you have a lot of work to do on shards, but Spy & Soldier are 8-energy nodes, so one refresh/day = 265/8 attempts = 33 attempts/day = 22 shards per day after the drop rate doubles. It's 32 shards/day if you can do one more energy refresh for an extra 15 attempts per day. Trust me, save your crystals so that you have them to spend when they are most effective. IIRC, Brood Alpha is a 16 energy node, so he'll get shards at half the rate, but he's already 4 stars and he's viable there. Get your shards for Spy & Soldier first, since Brood Alpha has no ship.

You're going to need a lot of Stun Cuffs (for both Empire and Geo Spy), so make sure you're buying those in the Guild Shipments Store. In the long run you need Brood Alpha to be your highest geared Geo, but in the short run it should be Sun Fac & Spy competing for that spot so they can help you in fleet. Fortunately Spy doesn't need any Stun Guns until G11, so you can take him to g11+4 without a single one. Then you can and should boost him to g12.

In the meantime, Sun Fac gets the first Geo Stun Guns. You want to gear up Sun Fac right away & he'll require 3 stun guns total. You won't give him the first, though, until after you've got your fleet commander to g12 and the other one of the two Empire fleet commanders to g11 for your Empire squad.

With regular energy, again you want to be careful how you spend before the shard rate doubles on Nov 24th/25th. So **only 1 energy refresh per day** between now & then, but you want to be farming certain things right now given your stated priorities even though the shard rate will eventually double.

Also, as a general rule, default to NEVER spending to refresh a node.
    Later, after the shard drop rates double for toons that have been out at least 12 months and are not Journey/special event type toons, you will be able to easily see which toons are getting that double rate. NEVER spend to refresh their nodes. If you get far enough along in the game that you're starting to be able to farm toons that are new and have the lower drop rate, you're getting competitive enough that you might be better off refreshing a node to speed up a farm. Right now, however, if you simply farm more toons at once, you finish all of them at the same time you would finish the series of them spending the same amount of energy but refreshing nodes to do one or two at a time instead. Yes, on rare occasions when you only need that one toon that makes sense, but at your stage in the game it's a waste of crystals. For instance chasing one requirement for Revan doesn't help you until all the other requirements are done - so why not slowly farm all of them at once and save yourself a pile of crystals? That's the way to go. In fact, you can even finish faster since you can buy more energy to farm more things at once if you aren't spending those crystals on refreshes.

First advice on which toons to farm? Skip Zombie for now. The change between 6* and 7* isn't that much, and in fact if you're not taking Zombie to g12, you really don't require 7*s.

On the other hand you're getting **slaughtered** in fleet because you have no good tank. That allows the enemy to take out your attackers first and then slowly bleed your tanks & supports with no fear that they'll actually score a kill.

I wouldn't say skip zombie without some other source of shards, but fortunately the Dathomir event slow-farms your zombie for free while you focus on other things that can affect your play **right now**.

You want to the Revans soon, & I completely respect that, but they won't change your fortunes in fleet. You need to get Hound's Tooth to go with Sun Fac's Starfighter & make that strong tank wall you have to have to succeed in Fleet & bring home the crystals.

In place of Zombie, then, you'll be farming the Jango/Hound's Tooth node. (You want the ship, Jango is free)
    You'll also have to add Bossk to pilot the ship.

But let's do fleet energy first, to see what else we can cut to make sure we have a reasonable energy budget for ls/ds battles:
    Farm Bastila with Fleet energy instead of regular energy. This is only 100 energy/day & you get 285.
    So you can also farm Carth from fleet for 100/energy at the same time.
    Now you have 85 energy left over. Spend it on 4 attempts/day of Zaalbar for a total energy budget of 280.
    To sum up Fleet Energy:
    1. Bastila (5 attempts for 100 energy/day)
    2. Carth (5 attempts 100)
    3. Zaalbar (4 attempts for 80)

and then...
    Regular Energy Budget =
    1. Jango Fett + Hound's Tooth (ls-8D, 100 energy/day)
    2. Bossk (ds-9B, 100/day)
    3. Bastila (Fallen) (ds-7A, 100/day)
    4. Jolee Bindo (ds-6D, 80/day)
    5. Zaalbar (ls-5D, 80/day)
    6. Juhani (ls-6A, 80/ day)
    7. Wicket (ds-8A, 100/day)

total energy = 640. This requires all your 375 free energy (3x45 energy log-in bonuses, + 240 accrued) + 3x 120 energy refreshes (150 crystals). But that generates extra energy (total of 735) some of which will carry over to the next day, so you'll be alternating between 2 energy refreshes & 3 (or 100 crystals or 150 crystals per day). But it doesn't have to be like that, and you might not be able to afford that much if you're also spending on 1 refresh per day of Cantina energy (which you should) for 100 crystals/day.

So what this total energy budget really means is that you want to spend leftover energy on Wicket, not the full 100 energy / day. Just what you have. That should work out like this:

375 free + 2 refreshes = 615 energy per day
    Characters 1 through 6 = 540 energy/day
    615 - 540 = 75 energy/day left over for wicket.

That means that most days you'll just be doing 4 attempts at Wicket, but some days you'll only be doing 3. That's okay. Wicket isn't your immediate priority. He's a long term toon that you are getting advance work on to make sure you have him available when ewoks become a priority.

I know it feels like you should speed up Bastila by farming more nodes per day, but she doesn't get you Revan by herself & you're a long way from getting Mission & T3-M4. So in the end, hurrying Bastila doesn't help. Nor does hurrying Carth Onassi, since he's for the dark side event, and you have to finish light-side Revan first, which means he's also useless until you get Mission & T3-M4. Now the farm takes a long time so starting now is the right thing to do, but don't get overeager and spend on Node refreshes. It's throwing crystals away since it won't actually get you what you want any sooner. Keep doing your 5 attempts per day & you'll be there when you need to be there.

I know it also feels like you shouldn't be farming Wicket, but he's another long term farm that's vital to a long term goal, C-3PO. You're going to have to have Threepio. You don't have to gear Wicket now, but knowing you're farming him now means you can get him almost as soon as you decide to get him later since he's the hardest piece of the puzzle to acquire. (Without Wicket you have to overgear toons that you won't use later, like Ewok Scout.)

Maybe you think you should be farming Old Ben for CLS before you farm Wicket for Threepio, but he's a Cantina farm, not a hard node farm. Leia & Stormtrooper Han are both in the Squad Arena store. And you've got R2. So the only one left that you could farm here is Luke (Farmboy) & he's everywhere. You'll get a bunch of passive shards & if the time comes that he's the last thing left to get you can farm him on Hard Nodes, Cantina Battles, and the Guild Store all at once. He can't possibly slow you down the way Wicket can.

So get Wicket here and there with whatever number of attempts you have in leftover energy for the day. Also Zaalbar will be done before long (he will likely be done first since he's in both your Fleet Energy plan **and** your Regular Energy plan for 9 attempts/ day or 6 shards/ day = 50 days for 300 shards & you need less than that). So when Zaalbar is done, you can up your attempts per day on Wicket to 5/day & use Farmboy to take up your energy slack.

Okay. So that's a plan to get what you said were your priorities. Have I left anything out?

• Ok, firstly, thanks alot for that pretty detailed analysis there, basically means i am more or less on the right track.
    A few points, of why i am farming Zombie and Bastila right now: Zombie means, i can use it in heroic raids, which is another source of gear, credits, currency etc for me.
    And i have been farming Bastila from both fleet and normal node for a bit now, as she is gonna unlock me Yoda 7*, and also is gonna gonna open me up to the assault battles that require jedi on 7*, in addition to giving me another decent team for GAC.

And i am allready saving me all that currency and crystals for the new changes (and i dont spend them on character refreshes).

Fleet wise i am currently running tarkin with vader, biggs + TFP as starter with ahsoka, plo and kylo as reinforcements. But thats mostly just from my early less focused adventures into ships, and then my focus on getting the zeta challenge unlocked.

Any tipps on what i should get from GW and Cantina Stores? (Squad is Han + Leia, Fleet i am getting Tie-X1, GG, when they show up, otherwise its the Geos, allthough i save up a bit of currency from time to time for a zeta)
  • Buy Ships ONLY in the GW Storefor now.

First farm ONLY the Geonosian ships. You're pretty behind on them.
    Then farm ONLY the rare ships - Clone Sergeant's ARC-170, Resistance X-Wing, & the Imperial TIE Fighter.
    Farm all 3 of those at the same time, since they're rare & otherwise you won't be able to spend your 1200 currency per day.

If they're rare enough you're still not able to spend your 1200 currency all at once, then make sure you keep 3,000 tokens in the bank so you can buy the rare ones every time they show up & spend excess on the more common ships. Any ship is fine. You want to collect them all.

Once you've got all or nearly all the ships done, you'll either want to spend on characters in that store again -- you'll need Cad Bane, Phasma, & Magmatrooper for sure. K2SO, Resistance Pilot, Dathcha, & Tusken Raider as well.

Remember, don't buy any of them before your ships are done, but once they are, maybe this order
    GW Characters:
    1. Cad Bane
    2. Magmatrooper
    3. K2SO
    4. Phasma
    5. Resistance Pilot
    6. Dathcha
    7. Tusken Raider

As for the Fleet Arena Store... don't get the Geo characters from there. That's too precious a currency. I also wouldn't buy zeta mats there yet. You want to get all the exclusives that you can only get there - Vader, Grievous, Rex's ARC-170, Ahsoka Fulcrum & Chirrut. There's another ship there that's also exclusive to the Fleet Store (or nearly so).

But Geos have a good source elsewhere. You shouldn't buy things with a good alternative source from the Fleet store. GET Store & Fleet store have very specific things you can only get there (or are very, very hard to get anywhere else).

GET Store should be Hermit Yoda for GET 1 & Malevolence for GET-2. That's it. You shouldn't stray from those until they are done.

Cantina store is interesting given your roster. You probably don't want to buy HR Scout since it will come free when you farm General Hux (he's on the same node). You've got Ahsoka & Chopper.

Cassian's U-Wing, Pao, Bistan, Jawa Scavenger, Fives, Stormtrooper, FOO, Poe & QGJ are the ones you need.

I guess my recommended order would be...
    Cantina Battles Store:
    FIRST - NO BUYING ANYTHING UNTIL SHARD DROPS DOUBLE. Then:
    1. Stormtrooper => 6*
    2. FOO => 6*
    3. QGJ => 7*
    4. Fives => 7*
    5. Poe => 7*
    5. Bistan => 6*
    6. Jawa Scavenger => 6*
    7. Cassian's U-Wing => 7*
    8. Pao => 6*

Now, some of those 6* toons will complete themselves with event & GW shard drops. But others won't. However, if you have them at 6*, when you finally decide that you want to focus on their ship or faction or an event where they're required, you can go back & finish that up quickly. Farming shards can take a lot longer than gear. You can gear a toon from g1 to g12 in 2-3 weeks, and get them to relic 3 in 2 more weeks, for 4-5 weeks total from nothing to relic3. Farming shards usually takes a lot longer than that.

There's also nothing you're going to want to buy here OTHER than shards, so just get all the toons farmed up to 6 or 7 stars, then go back to purchasing Cassian's U-Wing's Blueprints & turn them into Shard Shop currency.

That said, none of these toons are a real priority for what you're doing. So you could do them in a different order if you wanted. It's not like there's a clear advantage one way or another.

• Okay, now that I've written all that out, I'm going to add my standard disclaimer:

This is a game. Things take a long time to develop. If my advice (or **anyone's** advice) isn't going to be fun for your (or you just think it probably won't be), ditch that advice.

We can tell you an efficient path to reach this or that goal, but we can't know what's fun for you, and with goals taking so long to reach, if you're not taking a fun path to get there, SWGOH is going to turn into work. You'll hate it, you'll quit, and you'll be right to do so. Advice that leads to you quitting is bad advice, so don't take it. Forge your own path.

When two pieces of advice both seem good enough, the way to choose between them is to always pick the one that will be more fun.
  • And i have been farming Bastila from both fleet and normal node for a bit now, as she is gonna unlock me Yoda 7*, and also is gonna gonna open me up to the assault battles that require jedi on 7*, in addition to giving me another decent team for GAC.

Your Grand Master Yoda isn't g11 yet. Although it's helpful to qualify to use GMY in specific events & for heroic raids, he doesn't **need** to be 7* until it's time to take him to g12. In the short run you could take Lumi to 7* from GW immediately after the Shard doubling happens. You'll be able to get 30 shards of her per day at that point. So Getting your 5 x 7* Jedi can be done quickly even if you're being patient on Bastila.

Yes, Bastila has a better lead than other Jedi, but you can run GMY lead with no zeta and do okay in those events until Bastila is ready.

As for Zombie & raids, well, if it's important to you it's important to you. I think you'll get more from pushing hardest on fleet and letting the zombie shards roll in slowly while you work on other priorities. (Like getting an early start on Juhani so you're not waiting for her later.) But that's my opinion. Remember my thoughts on rejecting advice that makes the game seem like it would be less fun? If you **want** to take NS into your raids with Zombie, then do what you need to do to make that happen & don't let anyone tell you different.

It's your game. We can provide advice, but it's inevitably colored by our own senses of what's fun & what's important. Make sure you play the game that you want to play it.
  • mInEcRaFtEr0617
    218 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Arva wrote: »
    https://swgoh.gg/p/536284648/characters/

Firstly, i didnt start out fully focused in the beginning, and only started rly focusing on specific teams and comps midway through, also i kinda neglected prep for fleet battles in the beginning, so i am a bit behind on that curve.

Is my current roster. Currently i am farming a Geo Team, and my Hard Node farming is Zombie, both Bastilas, Zaalbar, Jolee and Carth. (Cantina Energy goes to Geos right now, as it will take me a while anyway to get thoose hard nodes finished)
    Any advice for that plan?

Where i am rly torns is, on what team i should focus my gearing and Zetas on, either my nightsister squad (they were my first team), or the empire/sith squad.

Fleet Arena wise, i am fairly comfortable in the top 50, just cant rly get to that top 25, as people are just a bit too ahead in terms of fleet power

Farm Brood Alpha to 5* star, get his Queen's Will its zeta. Then go for Padme. Get her leader ability its zeta, and when you have the materials give her the other zeta. Put together a Galactic Republic team as follows:
    Padme (L), Jedi Knight Anakin, General Kenobi (you need to get him from guild raids), Ahsoka Tano, Grandmaster Yoda.

Assuming your trying to go for JKR, your hard node farming is ideal. As for zetas, focus your zetas on either nightsisters or save them up for Galactic Republic. I do not use nightsisters though, so I have no idea what their zeta priorities are. But for Galactic Republic zetas, here is the zeta priority:

1) Unwavering Courage (Padme)
    2) Always a Choice (Padme)
    3) Righteous Fury (Jedi Knight Anakin)
    4) Soresu (General Kenobi)
    5) Daring Padawan (Ahsoka Tano)
    6) Grandmaster Yoda's zetas aren't really needed but if you want them then go for it