Wait

Olderaan
179 posts Member
edited November 2020
It would be very cool to have a "wait" icon beside every character's abilities during the battles, just like in some older games (the first that comes to my mind: Heroes of Might and Magic). Just imagine! This option would open a lot of new and fresh ways of strategy.
For example: I don't want to hit a taunting Kenobi with 55% health because he will fall bellow 50% what will triggers Anakin's rage. So, if I have a wait button I can avoid Anakin's mass attack and would figure out how to handle the situation later (eg. focus on Anakin with JKR).
Or, if I don't want to attack a strong Fives with retribution and taunting on him, I can wait a better time with a wait option, for example wait for another character's turn who has dispell ability. A lot of ways would open.
How do you like the idea?
How can the AI manages this on defense?

Replies

• Nope. Would you like to face Rey that never leaves Ultimate Stance and keeps her team invulnerable?
  • Olderaan
    179 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Nope. Would you like to face Rey that never leaves Ultimate Stance and keeps her team invulnerable?

Oh i didn't mean that! :)
    All right then, a bunch of details would still have to be figured out for this, but I think the basic idea could be useful and brings some fresh strategies to the game.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Pass
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Olderaan wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Nope. Would you like to face Rey that never leaves Ultimate Stance and keeps her team invulnerable?

Oh i didn't mean that! :)
    All right then, a bunch of details would still have to be figured out for this, but I think the basic idea could be useful and brings some fresh strategies to the game.

The unfortunate part about it, is that its usefulness is to bypass strategy. The AI is bad enough, giving the players a way to by pass any strategy we try to implant seems like a bad idea. On that note, the AI would never be allowed to have this ability as it won't use it in any "I" way.
  • It is possible, but too expensive and would disturb the calculation of income from cg as many players would find their own solutions to win if it is not intended to win.
  • I’ve always wanted a skip turn option. It would add a ton of strategy. Right now in arena I just hit auto and put my phone down until it’s done.

Sure there are some kinks that would have to be worked out (like all updates), but it would make you have to think a lot more during battles. Especially arena.

On a side note, thanks to the original poster for posting something that isn’t just complaining about the game! I rarely post on the forum because it can be pretty toxic. It’s nice to see someone posting an idea that isn’t just NERF! BUFF! Give me everything I want because I’m so important and I deserve to be catered to!
  • Except the idea drastically changes the utility of many toons and abilities. Counterattacks, retribution, taunting tanks that provide TM or other benefits to their team when hit, etc. Sorry, but this is not a good idea. All it does is give the "active" player a huge advantage that they are not intended to have (by game design). This would adversely effect arena, TW, and GAC just to name a few.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I’ve always wanted a skip turn option. It would add a ton of strategy. Right now in arena I just hit auto and put my phone down until it’s done.

Sure there are some kinks that would have to be worked out (like all updates), but it would make you have to think a lot more during battles. Especially arena.

On a side note, thanks to the original poster for posting something that isn’t just complaining about the game! I rarely post on the forum because it can be pretty toxic. It’s nice to see someone posting an idea that isn’t just NERF! BUFF! Give me everything I want because I’m so important and I deserve to be catered to!

Amen. I bow down to your comment sir 😁.

There is a skip turn button... Its called thrawn Lead... and the ai can't use it at all
  • It works in a single player content, but PVP? No.
  • Nope. That's a bad idea. This would bypass why some teams are so strong.
  • It could've been a good idea if it was implemented at the start. But as-is, the game is already built around the non-existence of a "skip turn" option, so adding it would require overhauling basically everything.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png