Mandalorian S2:E3 Chat (SPOILERS)

2Next

Replies

• @RAYRAY

Interesting! Thanks for the tip. That does turn out to be an intriguing possibility once you know the actor is the same in both shows.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So just putting this out there, with what we see in this episode, could beskar armor Mando be the key to the "Mandalorian" tag.

He can unite the 3 ideas they placed out there, people from the show (LS), people who follow the creed (LS, as I suspect he will run into Mandalorians later who mat not appreciate what he did), and now the people from the planet.....

If they dont give him the bounty hunter tag, then it would kind of exclude (young) Boba, and Jengo.
  • Darksaber.
    Bo Katan.
    Nightwatch.
    Next Ahsoka Tano.
    This series is unloading on a fan boy/girls dream!!!
    I'm glad they're not trying to recruit non Star Wars fans to the series, not that they're not welcome, but realising the fan base is so massive, give them what they want and it'll be a hit.
    I'm so happy, since Mauls appearance in Solo, that they're willing to dive in to any Star Wars content and deliver it.
    I'm very excited for this series, its hitting so many of the right notes for me.
    Bring on Snips 😁
  • If you go back and look at Mando fighting (even in season 1) I think it’s clear that he’s actually not that good at fighting. He’s got a lot of spirit and courage and never gives up but usually it’s his allies that are the skilled fighters. And of course he’s got really good gear which helps him against groups of lesser geared opponents.
  • Episode was awesome, with the pace picking up from the previous one. I think they set up potential growth for Mando as a character. This season is getting good, I'd dare say better than the first.
  • Gouj4 wrote: »
    Sure people have told you this before but you should definitely watch the clone wars series. It’s amazing

+1. The first couple seasons might feel simple and boring, but if you stick through it, gets way better after those.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Wow! Ahsoka Tano’s going to be in the Mandalorian! Who could have seen this coming!

She was in it - did you spot Rosario Dawson at the docks in an early scene?

• Wed_Santa wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Wow! Ahsoka Tano’s going to be in the Mandalorian! Who could have seen this coming!

That wasn’t Ashoka. It was Koska Reeves
  • Is there a difference between Children of the Watch and Death Watch? This episode makes me wonder how much of Mandalors true history Din was taught growing up and if he will have to come to terms with it. Only a couple more days until the next episode!! Can't wait!
  • I''m not entirely sure, but I believe that death watch bought into the hereditary superiority of the ethnic people of Mandalore, the people born there of Mandalorian parents. I don't think they would embrace orphans/converts.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Is there a difference between Children of the Watch and Death Watch? This episode makes me wonder how much of Mandalors true history Din was taught growing up and if he will have to come to terms with it. Only a couple more days until the next episode!! Can't wait!

No. That seems to just be a reference used by people from the planet at this time to reference people who have come from the Death Watch "organization".

Yes it seems he does not have the full story, but it also seems that the current group they are calling the children of the watch, are not fully following Death watch principles either.

It will be interesting to see how this develops.
  • This was the way
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Is there a difference between Children of the Watch and Death Watch? This episode makes me wonder how much of Mandalors true history Din was taught growing up and if he will have to come to terms with it. Only a couple more days until the next episode!! Can't wait!

No. That seems to just be a reference used by people from the planet at this time to reference people who have come from the Death Watch "organization".

Yes it seems he does not have the full story, but it also seems that the current group they are calling the children of the watch, are not fully following Death watch principles either.

It will be interesting to see how this develops.

I think that will be major plot point during the show, and thus a growth avenue for Din (much like his view on droids is changing). I'd like to see how they develop the Children of the Watch/death Watch connection. I may be wrong on this, but I don't see the two groups being one and the same. So much interesting things happened in last episode.
  • Gouj4 wrote: »
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »

That wasn’t Ashoka. It was Koska Reeves

My bad - it was - only excuse was I was watching on my phone and am also very excited about RD bringing a bit of Old Town kickassery the Ashoka role
  • Yep, certainly enjoyed this one.

Going out on a limb here and tentatively linking things together. Could we see a live version of Rebels in a future episode. Bo Katan hints towards a Sabine Wren appearance, its like showing us C3PO and never having R2! We've seen lots of Twileks - so can this mean we see a Hera? Also with Fulcrum Ashoka Tana explicitly being stated - I hope we can see The Ghost land and out pops Zeb.

definit showdown between mando's and Gideon...I think it goes without saying...but then again, that Blue faced strategist is going to be behind something more sinister isn't he?
  • FofoBett wrote: »
    Yep, certainly enjoyed this one.

Going out on a limb here and tentatively linking things together. Could we see a live version of Rebels in a future episode. Bo Katan hints towards a Sabine Wren appearance, its like showing us C3PO and never having R2! We've seen lots of Twileks - so can this mean we see a Hera? Also with Fulcrum Ashoka Tana explicitly being stated - I hope we can see The Ghost land and out pops Zeb.

definit showdown between mando's and Gideon...I think it goes without saying...but then again, that Blue faced strategist is going to be behind something more sinister isn't he?

If they have Thrawn and by extension Ezra, along with the rest of the Ghost crew I would literally be uber impressed. I can't wait to see today's episode, but I have a feeling it is going to be good.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett when can we get a chat for season 2 episode 4 of Mandalorian?
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    EP 4 spoiler while we wait for a new chat
    For now, I can see episode 5 with Ashoka, and episodes 7&8 for epic showdown against Gideon no. 2, but what about chapter 14
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/