The Road Ahead - November [MEGA]

Replies

• Prosser wrote: »
    Will anything be done for the pilotless ships to allow them to remain competitive with ships with r8 pilots?

This is an important question and I hope CG answers it.
  • To me, not a lot to look forward to in this road ahead. Can't say much about the GCs, but not promising that the big changes aren't going to be ready for 3-4 months. It's the raid that worries me. Probably only possible for guilds with 50+ GLs.
    I'd much rather see them add a tier to each raid, with the pit being only a bit above HSith and the new tier of sith needing a bunch of GLs. That way more people could enjoy something new.
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    How long-lost can the Darksaber be if Sabine's got a Darksaber attack and Rebels takes place maybe 10 or so years before Mandalorian?

12 to 13 years

Sabine gives it to Bo-Katan 1 year before 'A New Hope'.

And depending on if the timeline gives a full year to the Battle of Yavin (it appears to).... Mando finds The Child 11 years later.

Put it to you this way....

If the item you need to unite all the clans under you as king/queen, went missing for a little over a decade.... would you call it long lost or just lost?

Misplaced 😝

But, jokes aside, Wookiweepedia has been a godsend for learning way too much information. Your timeline is right, but Bo-Katan didn't lose it the day Sabine gave it to her, and Gideon didn't find it the day he This Old TIE Fightered himself a new door, so presumably we're only talking about a few years instead of over a decade.

One thing we also don't know is if anyone knows he's got the thing. If it's widely known Gideon has the blade, then it's a bit like the Elgin Marbles, except more lethal.

One of these days I'll watch Clone Wars and Rebels. I'm sure they're good as hell!

Doubt it, though the timeline is not locked exactly down as it pretains to mandalore.

Basically Bo-Katan gets the Darksaber by overthrowing Gar Saxon, as seen in Rebels... the Empire responds by whiping out Mandalore, konown as The Great Purge, which occurs in the Imperial Era, which is before 'A New Hope' (Which ends that Era).

The Imperial Era is the time from when Palp declares himself emperor and the Jedi Purge starts, until 0 ABY (After Battle of Yavin). That signals the start of The Rebellion Era. (Basically the original movie events is the mark of Era change)

We dont know the exact time, but we do know that the Empire wipes out mandalore during The Great Purge, which is in the Imperial Era and we know that a year before The Battle of Yavin, Sabine gives up the Darksaber.

So unless you are making the case that Mof Giddion gets the Darksaber from Bo-Katan after the purge, its more likely she only has it for a very short time.

This conversation could be brought over to the Mandalorian episode 3 post.
  • I didn't understand how End of Event rewards will work. A series of feats, and completing each new feat gives you a better reward box in the end?
  • I didn't understand how End of Event rewards will work. A series of feats, and completing each new feat gives you a better reward box in the end?

Good news--you understood exactly how Endo of Event rewards will work!

You know all the feats in GC right now? Each of those that you accomplish will give you a currency, and at the end of the event that currency will convert to a prize box. The exact way it's going to convert has yet to be revealed, though.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Dagonsith wrote: »
    Prosser wrote: »
    Will anything be done for the pilotless ships to allow them to remain competitive with ships with r8 pilots?

Especially for those of us using Malevolence in arena.
  • DarthGlovoc
    149 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Dagonsith wrote: »

Especially for those of us using Malevolence in arena.

Well many people have said it is time for the fleet meta to be switched up. CG is like we got you covered, 2in1 update. Add a relic level to get more cash and give players what they want by switching up the fleet meta. 😂
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    And we’ve still got a few ingots of Beskar saved for some surprises and there may be a few more friends coming from the Mandalorian yet.

Don’t know if it’s already been mentioned but ...
    Bo-Katan
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Didn't they think that autocomplete should be implemented not only for galactic challenges but also for assault battles?
  • Hortus wrote: »
    Didn't they think that autocomplete should be implemented not only for galactic challenges but also for assault battles?

that would be nice
  • Since we are getting Relic 8, are we going to see Assault Battles Challenge Tier IV?

Challenge tier III is too easy, most of the time I just hit auto
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    HINT: NO

CG: lolz
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • And we’ve still got a few ingots of Beskar saved for some surprises and there may be a few more friends coming from the Mandalorian yet.

Don’t know if it’s already been mentioned but ...
    Bo-Katan

Would like to see
    Cobb Vanth
    as well.

• I'm a bit disappointed that the next thing in raids is Rancor on steroids, especially when Mando gives us multiple awesome raid ideas, but at least we are getting something. Hopefully guilds outside the top whale pods can get some r8 mats too.
    Moff Gideon should be released as more than just marquee. At least "marquee plus" like Jango.
  • They could re-skin the Rancor to be either a
    Krayt Dragon
    or
    Cave Spider
    and up the difficulty, call it a new raid, that shouldn't be too hard or time consuming to do, I'd be OK with that

Better than a new Rancor Tier.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    They could re-skin the Rancor to be either a
    Krayt Dragon
    or
    Cave Spider
    and up the difficulty, call it a new raid, that shouldn't be too hard or time consuming to do, I'd be OK with that

Better than a new Rancor Tier.

Or the Mudhorn, just switch "devour" for "crush" and the door mechanic for the Child levitating it. But hopefully we get some more Mando goodness later.
  • Rebmes wrote: »
    What about ships?

They’re boring as?

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Piewalker wrote: »
    Rebmes wrote: »
    What about ships?

They’re boring as?

Narrator: They aren't
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    I'm a bit disappointed that the next thing in raids is Rancor on steroids, especially when Mando gives us multiple awesome raid ideas, but at least we are getting something. Hopefully guilds outside the top whale pods can get some r8 mats too.
    Moff Gideon should be released as more than just marquee. At least "marquee plus" like Jango.

what awesome raid ideas did mando give us?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I'm a bit disappointed that the next thing in raids is Rancor on steroids, especially when Mando gives us multiple awesome raid ideas, but at least we are getting something. Hopefully guilds outside the top whale pods can get some r8 mats too.

Spoiler, redacted, and classified, obviously

No one answered this so I'll take a poke.

The reason for this, is to make it so that you don't get all the rewards.

i.e. player A gets 1000 points and earns the first box, yay!

player B gets 2500 points and earns the second box, and no longer gets the first box.

etc.

This allows them to reward low level players with different rewards than elder players or w/e.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I didn't understand how End of Event rewards will work. A series of feats, and completing each new feat gives you a better reward box in the end?

player B gets 2500 points and earns the second box, and no longer gets the first box.

etc.

This allows them to reward low level players with different rewards than elder players or w/e.

I love baseless speculation.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I didn't understand how End of Event rewards will work. A series of feats, and completing each new feat gives you a better reward box in the end?

etc.

So you love the forums?
  • scuba wrote: »

etc.

So you love the forums?

Clearly.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

S2e1 was basically a raid. Or the Mudhorn I already mentioned.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

etc.

So you love the forums?

Clearly.

If you made a forum I'd visit.
  • TVF wrote: »

If you made a forum I'd visit.

Came for the game, stayed for the forum.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Nauros wrote: »

I wasn't here for the Jango event, what was this Marquee plus
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/