Full Mando Team...

Prev1
Esharan
76 posts Member
edited October 2020
With IG11 coming in without BH tags, a full Mando Team consisting of the main players from season 1 is basically out of the question... Which is highly disappointing...(mando lead, but he basically won't be able to get payout.. With 3 BHs (Mando/Greef/IG11) a unique split BH/scoundrel team from the show would have been viable and fun.

I'm wondering, Doja, can you give us the devs rationale behind not creating synergy that would allow for us to use the main squad from season 1 mando as a cohesive team??

Thanks

Replies

• They all have scoundrel tags/synergy tho?
  • Or why I have two pretty much unusable Relic toons for Territory Battles since without payout Mando and Greef are pretty useless? I mean maybe they will go in a Light Side scoundrel team but they are both so stunted without a payout
  • They can always touch up the text like they did with jango. If all/leader allie(s) is scoundrel the payout is active.
  • They hinted that it wasn't over with the show (or did i Mandela it ?). I guess we'll see by the end of the year if we can bring these guys together. Although, while recreating a crew is fun, theorycrafting using all our characters is fun too.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Honestly, I'm a little surprised they didn't simply add a specific show tag (similar to Phoenix all having the same tag or Rogue One). That would have been the easiest route to take. It also would have allowed some specific synergies without having to worry about other "unwanted" faction interactions.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Well
    We could get another version of a current Bounty Hunter...
    To celebrate Season 2 and he could have the leadership ability
  • Maybe they will all get the bounty hunted tag. Instead of “payouts” they will unlock “most wanted prey” (with special synergy with the Han Solos).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm a little surprised they didn't simply add a specific show tag (similar to Phoenix all having the same tag or Rogue One). That would have been the easiest route to take. It also would have allowed some specific synergies without having to worry about other "unwanted" faction interactions.

Agree, but I would not be surprised if they did a quick rework to add this later.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Kyno wrote: »

Agree, but I would be surprised if they did a quick rework to add this later.

Would be surprised? Or wouldn't be?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Agree, but I would be surprised if they did a quick rework to add this later.

Would be surprised? Or wouldn't be?

Fixed that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    i would be suprised if they change this. They like to release unfinished toons and leave them as they are. Like Visas Marr. Or like Greef and Mando. Do not hope for non existing synergies; if they are not given - do not invest.

None of those 3 are unfinished.

The 2 bounty hunters you listed have turned into 2 of the better additions to a BH team you could ask for.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    i would be suprised if they change this. They like to release unfinished toons and leave them as they are. Like Visas Marr. Or like Greef and Mando. Do not hope for non existing synergies; if they are not given - do not invest.

I can understand this argument for Visas, but Mando and Greef? Are we playing the same game?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I wish Mando and Greef had a "Neutral" tag and could be used in GeoDS as well. It's a bummer.
  • Esharan wrote: »
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    They all have scoundrel tags/synergy tho?

The problem is, with only 2 BHs neither of them will get payout. And without thier payouts they aren't that good. Mando I don't think can even use his disintegrate without activated payout, which is like what his entire kit is built around.

Correct.... you must get to payout and the buff to use the pulse rifle.
  • They are just the requirements for legendary Boba Fett
  • What if Gideon is the new Thrawn ? A very specific team, farmable without needing any Legendary, unlocking a plug n play character that could be used in a variety of teams. Rebel being a dated show, could be a way to reward new players for farming their new favorites Filoni's.
  • So, I'm just going to say this real quick.
    We don't have the new characters in the game yet.
    There's still a chance that the update that actually adds them to the game will change mando's lead/payout or something similar - I wouldn't get your hopes up, but I'm just saying, it's still technically possible, as it wasn't until the update that added RH poe into the game that RH Finn's stuff got updated, wasn't it?

That said, with how good all of the Mandalorian characters are outside of Cara, I'm not really that worried either way. The only place I'd ever see the team used would be lightside TB, which generally speaking, doesn't really seem like a team that would actually see all that much action there - Especially when you consider how good Kuiil could end up being on something like a CLS team, and that there's a massive shortage of non-jedi-only geo TB missions to even NEED a team for.
    You're very unlikely to use that team in pvp, since it wouldn't be arena-tier, optimal BH would be overall better, and Kuiil/IG-11 are likely ending up on one of Rey/CLS/GG, so you also likely won't use it for GAC. MAYBE TW, but that's largely dependent on just how big of a difference the new chars make for said teams, and would likely only be a real concern if you're in a guild that's way below your GP, so you're carrying the entire defenses and actually have to worry about using 100% of your roster.
  • Now we had the Road Ahead, it's time for Round 2 of the Guessing Game.

We'll have the full Season 1 squad and Gideon, maybe a few more (Flamethrower Trooper ?).

Hero's journey ala Jedi Luke, where you need all good guys and a couple of bad guys at relic level to unlock "Iron Man" Mando ?

• I hope they add Timothy Olyphant’s character in as well.
  • I'm thinking if we get a legendary event for The Mandalorian it'll be Din Djarin, in full beskar with the jetpack. Every other character in The Mandalorian just doesn't feel epic enough.
    Seems like Sackoff's character from s2e3 is also a likely candidate for a marquee, given how much she's already popped up on the Clone Wars and Rebels.
    I was happy to hear Moff Gideon is in the works! The empire could use another strong leader to make use of leftover troopers and officers.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    I'm thinking if we get a legendary event for The Mandalorian it'll be Din Djarin, in full beskar with the jetpack. Every other character in The Mandalorian just doesn't feel epic enough.
    Seems like Sackoff's character from s2e3 is also a likely candidate for a marquee, given how much she's already popped up on the Clone Wars and Rebels.
    I was happy to hear Moff Gideon is in the works! The empire could use another strong leader to make use of leftover troopers and officers.
    Don’t worry Bo Katan and beskar mando coming. Eventually child will they have to wait for series to play outi expect A new Sabine or changes for her as I’m betting she is in mandalorian within 2 weeks
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Pile wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    I'm thinking if we get a legendary event for The Mandalorian it'll be Din Djarin, in full beskar with the jetpack. Every other character in The Mandalorian just doesn't feel epic enough.

With the drawn out timing on the release of Kuiil, IG-11, and Gideon, i'm leaning more toward a Legendary Ahsoka being the endgame.

That seems unlikely as they have been making a point to say each thing they are releasing is season 1 this and that. Kuiil and IG-11 also seem to be on an accelerated time table, not a drawn out one, so again, seems unlikely they will be reaching into season 2 for anything (and they mentioned beskar ingots). This feels like they are trying to get season one stuff rolling so they can make room for season 2 and other stuff later, but the current push feel like it's very much isolated to season 1.
  • Kyno wrote: »

With the drawn out timing on the release of Kuiil, IG-11, and Gideon, i'm leaning more toward a Legendary Ahsoka being the endgame.

That seems unlikely as they have been making a point to say each thing they are releasing is season 1 this and that. Kuiil and IG-11 also seem to be on an accelerated time table, not a drawn out one, so again, seems unlikely they will be reaching into season 2 for anything (and they mentioned beskar ingots). This feels like they are trying to get season one stuff rolling so they can make room for season 2 and other stuff later, but the current push feel like it's very much isolated to season 1.

Who does that leave to be an event toon, given Gideon is for an upcoming marquee? It's obvious something is abound.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member

I don't think Gideon will be needed. Kuiil and IG are going to get those extra cantina drops, likely to accelerate the farm to something feasible for people unwilling to spend obscene cash (but it will still cost a hefty pile of crystals), while there's no such thing announced for Gideon. So they either accelerate him even more, which I find unlikely, or there's no way for him to be included in anything before s2 wraps. And I think that they will release any event before that, to ride on the hype wave.
  • I do think for the record, that a second Mando would be a bit soon given how they usually do things. And they said "follow the storyline" to see what's coming, so unless they were hyping up Marquee Gideon, I find it hard to believe that's what they were referring to. And Beskar Mando came before that part anyway.

Basically I think it's reasonable to believe it could be something from the beginning of season 2, and it won't be ready til February because it's so new. This is why they're being vague about dates for Kuiil and IG-11 farming shifts and why Gideon doesn't have a release date. They're gonna stretch it out until they have a legendary from season 2 ready to go. And at this point, any of the throwback characters in season 2 could be a new legendary.