Full Mando Team...

2Next

Replies

• Pile wrote: »
    Rebel fighter for sure. Maybe a kit built for support? Have to see what her actual role is in the show.

Honestly given the location and plotline where we're at in the show, I couldn't guess what tags most of these characters might have other than scoundrel cuz it's the closest thing to "lone wolf" or "loose cannon" that we have. There's obviously some stuff you could try to apply, but I think it would just make more sense to add a tag for the show somehow, and that would make the season 1 crew more of a cohesive team anyway.
  • It wouldn’t be Ashoka.
  • It doesn't need a full team for a Hero's Journey, as it's a serie of different kind of fights. All the characters from mando, gideon incluses, could fit the bill.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    It doesn't need a full team for a Hero's Journey, as it's a serie of different kind of fights. All the characters from mando, gideon incluses, could fit the bill.

Yeah but I can't figure out who you'd be fighting for using all of them plus Gideon. Usually there's a story element, so the only thing that makes sense is Beskar Mando if you include Gideon as part of the Hero's Journey. But it could also be a basic legendary, which leaves anyone from Season 2 open once they get that content rolling.
  • Uh the Razors Crest? Like Hans falcon?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    I'm thinking if we get a legendary event for The Mandalorian it'll be Din Djarin, in full beskar with the jetpack. Every other character in The Mandalorian just doesn't feel epic enough.
    Seems like Sackoff's character from s2e3 is also a likely candidate for a marquee, given how much she's already popped up on the Clone Wars and Rebels.
    I was happy to hear Moff Gideon is in the works! The empire could use another strong leader to make use of leftover troopers and officers.

With the drawn out timing on the release of Kuiil, IG-11, and Gideon, i'm leaning more toward a Legendary Ahsoka being the endgame.

That seems unlikely as they have been making a point to say each thing they are releasing is season 1 this and that. Kuiil and IG-11 also seem to be on an accelerated time table, not a drawn out one, so again, seems unlikely they will be reaching into season 2 for anything (and they mentioned beskar ingots). This feels like they are trying to get season one stuff rolling so they can make room for season 2 and other stuff later, but the current push feel like it's very much isolated to season 1.

Who does that leave to be an event toon, given Gideon is for an upcoming marquee? It's obvious something is abound.
    Sebek wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    I'm thinking if we get a legendary event for The Mandalorian it'll be Din Djarin, in full beskar with the jetpack. Every other character in The Mandalorian just doesn't feel epic enough.
    Seems like Sackoff's character from s2e3 is also a likely candidate for a marquee, given how much she's already popped up on the Clone Wars and Rebels.
    I was happy to hear Moff Gideon is in the works! The empire could use another strong leader to make use of leftover troopers and officers.

With the drawn out timing on the release of Kuiil, IG-11, and Gideon, i'm leaning more toward a Legendary Ahsoka being the endgame.

That seems unlikely as they have been making a point to say each thing they are releasing is season 1 this and that. Kuiil and IG-11 also seem to be on an accelerated time table, not a drawn out one, so again, seems unlikely they will be reaching into season 2 for anything (and they mentioned beskar ingots). This feels like they are trying to get season one stuff rolling so they can make room for season 2 and other stuff later, but the current push feel like it's very much isolated to season 1.

Who does that leave to be an event toon, given Gideon is for an upcoming marquee? It's obvious something is abound.

Mando in Beskar will be a Legendary/Hero's Journey

This. They mentioned a few bars of beskar.... who else would that be a hint towards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I do think for the record, that a second Mando would be a bit soon given how they usually do things. And they said "follow the storyline" to see what's coming, so unless they were hyping up Marquee Gideon, I find it hard to believe that's what they were referring to. And Beskar Mando came before that part anyway.

Basically I think it's reasonable to believe it could be something from the beginning of season 2, and it won't be ready til February because it's so new. This is why they're being vague about dates for Kuiil and IG-11 farming shifts and why Gideon doesn't have a release date. They're gonna stretch it out until they have a legendary from season 2 ready to go. And at this point, any of the throwback characters in season 2 could be a new legendary.

Adding more farming for Kuiil and IG11 seems like the opposite of of stretching.

Honestly I feel like people are shell shocked from them being so direct about this. They are basically telling us what's going on in a very straightforward way.

Also with the Mando Monday thing and the hype around the show, I would assume that this comes from the higher up direction to get things rolling before the holidays.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I do think for the record, that a second Mando would be a bit soon given how they usually do things. And they said "follow the storyline" to see what's coming, so unless they were hyping up Marquee Gideon, I find it hard to believe that's what they were referring to. And Beskar Mando came before that part anyway.

Basically I think it's reasonable to believe it could be something from the beginning of season 2, and it won't be ready til February because it's so new. This is why they're being vague about dates for Kuiil and IG-11 farming shifts and why Gideon doesn't have a release date. They're gonna stretch it out until they have a legendary from season 2 ready to go. And at this point, any of the throwback characters in season 2 could be a new legendary.

Adding more farming for Kuiil and IG11 seems like the opposite of of stretching.

Honestly I feel like people are shell shocked from them being so direct about this. They are basically telling us what's going on in a very straightforward way.

Also with the Mando Monday thing and the hype around the show, I would assume that this comes from the higher up direction to get things rolling before the holidays.

No no, I was saying that we don't know how long they'll be on cantina before moving to a permanent hard node, and they have been very vague about those dates so far. I have no problems with it, but I'm saying it's probably indicative of them wanting to plan the timeline around the future content they already have planned. I bet once they announce Gideon's event and the post marquee farming for him, we will know who the legendary is not long after because they'll have a timeline to know when the first people will 7* Gideon.