Shard Economy Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• @CG_Doja_Fett Love what you're doing man, I gotta say. Nothing I ever say is meant to disrespect your efforts. I will, however, always be asking "why" something can/can't happen when the "what" is so clearly stated. Like when you say more can't be said then "it's a technical issue we'll explore later," why? Is there a legal reason, do they not actually know what to look into, or have they just not given the information to you? Should we be directing our ire and questions at the legal system, the coding, or the people who won't help you do your job? Cuz you're doing great and I appreciate it.

@CG_Doja_Fett first off you’re doing a great job. I mean that sincerely.

Also, the reason people keep reading between the lines is because we’ve had to do it for years now. Far before your time. And as Shadow said, it’s going to be awhile for people to trust those on your team again. It’s been a year since the gear crunch was brought up to devs like Cyanides and when we presented them how we want to see the gear crunch lessened, where we needed it most, it went ignored. Instead we get a tighter crunch and heavier gear dumps for new toons. Now a year later we are being told “it’s being looked at and we need to see more data”. That excuse has run drier than the deserts of Tatooine. It’s clear as day how to help the gear grind and a golden opportunity by leaving the shard shop alone was one, yet completely passed up.

If it’s legal reasons that you can’t be more forthcoming than you are, we get it. Money talks, especially with EA. However if it’s in house with you guys, and a certain producer there is making the choice to be hush hush; then raise the flag they need to step down or rethink their strategy, because it’s not resonating with the community at all.
  • The bronzium weirdness needn't happen, it casts a shadow on which is otherwise a superb move that should be welcomed by the community. Maybe for once, you can turn the ship around and -fix- it before we get there.
  • alzator12
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I understand that the characters drop rates on bronzium pack and galactic war will not change. We use those shards to buy in the shard shop. So we are literaly screwed : The cost of a stun gun will be 372 shards instead of 186. But we will earn the same amount of character shards in the bronzium packs and galactic war. Those character are old character so they will still earn us 15 as actually. So with the update, we will need 25 character shards instead of 13 to have a stun gun in shard shop. Congrats CG . Nice way of slowing us down with a communication were you claim to help us. I hope that you will earn more money with "this improvement". Your communication team earn it for this elegant way to sell things.
  • Talking Bronziums... can anyone confirm that auto-clicker apps are 100% allowed to be used to burn that >million bro-coins stash? Doing it manually for hours is a pain we don't deserve :smile:
  • For the record, I've taken this Bronzium issue to the devs (as I have with other notable concerns).

Unfortunately, I don't have more to report at the moment. But, I can tell you I'm raising the flags.

I just want to note that when you post on a thread, the forum indicates that a developer (dev) has made a response: hifxnyin0e6w.jpg

I know there has been confusion in the past about what the exact role of a gaming community manager is, and we could all benefit from understanding the industry if we make accusations without merit. Just a note.

Finally, I think I've seen at least two great ideas with merit to maintain the value of bronzium drops; I hope the devs seriously consider them and work out issues such as full character drops having a negative impact on the game's economy down the road.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Talking Bronziums... can anyone confirm that auto-clicker apps are 100% allowed to be used to burn that >million bro-coins stash? Doing it manually for hours is a pain we don't deserve :smile:

Technically, no I think they are not allowed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2020
    alzator12 wrote: »
    I understand that the characters drop rates on bronzium pack and galactic war will not change. We use those shards to buy in the shard shop. So we are literaly screwed : The cost of a stun gun will be 372 shards instead of 186. But we will earn the same amount of character shards in the bronzium packs and galactic war. Those character are old character so they will still earn us 15 as actually. So with the update, we will need 25 character shards instead of 13 to have a stun gun in shard shop. Congrats CG . Nice way of slowing us down with a communication were you claim to help us. I hope that you will earn more money with "this improvement". Your communication team earn it for this elegant way to sell things.

@alzator12
    GW will change, it will offer double the shards for the same price in store, and from the way this is worded, on the drops on table too.
    7eq6k1583wsi.jpg

Currently the only real deficit to players where we lose buying power is bronzium.
  • alzator12
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    THank you for your answer. Ok, my mistake regarding galactic war. i don't understand why the % of drop can't be change regarding bronzium data cards. Shoudn't it be a paramater in the coding ? Can you explain why this
    change can't be carried out ?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    alzator12 wrote: »
    Ok my mistake regarding galactic war. i don't understand why the % of drop can't be change regarding bronzium data cards. Shoudn't it be a paramater in the coding ? Can you explain why this
    change can't be carried out ?

They never said it can't. There is a technical issue that was out of the scope of this change. As Doja has said, he is pushing for this to be addressed, and we are all hoping he has enough ammunition to get that included or at least lined up on some timeline (even if they cannot state that)
  • I guess "update at 3:15" is the warning I was looking for(?) lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    I guess "update at 3:15" is the warning I was looking for(?) lol

Gotta spend all our millions of ally points by 3:15, just to be safe lol
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I guess "update at 3:15" is the warning I was looking for(?) lol

Gotta spend all our millions of ally points by 3:15, just to be safe lol

Well got 100k of them. Brb looking for update post 🤞

Edit: don’t see anything in update post...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • It occurs to me that full character drops in Bronzium used to award only half shards if you already had the character unlocked. At some point in the last couple years they changed this mechanic to a full equivalent shard drop.
    So this change effectively is reverting Bronzium shards back to their original value. Except for the single shard drops, that is.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It occurs to me that full character drops in Bronzium used to award only half shards if you already had the character unlocked. At some point in the last couple years they changed this mechanic to a full equivalent shard drop.
    So this change effectively is reverting Bronzium shards back to their original value. Except for the single shard drops, that is.

They used to drop characters, no shards.

They changed changed it to drop shards. IIRC.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    @CG_SBCrumb special thanks to every dev who worked hard to get the bronzium update working on time

And i'm so excited about that tank sim!
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Safe to assume the rewards for Tank Sim will be 10th place for the whole guild?
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    mf0ex9um15d0.png

Stole the thunder red-handed lmao
  • Are the rewards for the tank raid getting fixed with the switch to simming?
  • I guess I should be happy at some improvement, but this is still a bronzium nerf. A very large percent of our bronzium shards come from full character drops. Just doubling the single shard drops is not correcting the problem we've complained about.
  • As bulldog said, full character drops is where the largest chunk of the character shards for shard shop currency come from. You either need to double the odds for pulling a full character (which can range from 10-80 shards i believe) or you need to double the amount of bronziums we can purchase every day.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I guess I should be happy at some improvement, but this is still a bronzium nerf. A very large percent of our bronzium shards come from full character drops. Just doubling the single shard drops is not correcting the problem we've complained about.

Correct. It barely moves the needle.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Are the rewards for the tank raid getting fixed with the switch to simming?

Define "fixed."

CG doesn't think they're broken.
  • Are we potentially misreading the update?
    Character shards dropped from Bronzium Packs will be doubled with the Anniversary Update. (This does not affect full character drops from Bronzium packs)

After you have unlocked a character, you are awarded shards. This would mean that you receive double the shards after you've unlocked a character. I read this as saying that the character drop (unlock) cannot be doubled?
    Ahch-To is recruiting! Say hi, and find yourself a new home with us: https://discord.gg/KTeUgyTeZD
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    What's the difference?
  • TVF wrote: »
    What's the difference?

When you unlock a character with a bronzium pack, you are not awarded shards, you are awarded the character.

If your character is unlocked already, you are not awarded a character, you are awarded shards.
    Character shards dropped from Bronzium Packs will be doubled with the Anniversary Update.
    Ahch-To is recruiting! Say hi, and find yourself a new home with us: https://discord.gg/KTeUgyTeZD
  • i concur with everyone else thats chimed in so far. its a step in the right direction but without addressing full character drops this is still a major nerf and something that ea/cg needs to fix. taking away shard shop currency is still a major issue that needs to be properly addressed. no half measures on this one if ea/cg actually cares. i see this as lip service still.
  • TVF wrote: »
    What's the difference?

When you unlock a character with a bronzium pack, you are not awarded shards, you are awarded the character.

If your character is unlocked already, you are not awarded a character, you are awarded shards.
    Character shards dropped from Bronzium Packs will be doubled with the Anniversary Update.

The end result is the same though, unless there is a change they failed to communicate with us. Unlocking an 80 shard character will still give us 80 shards if we have that character unlocked. But now those shards are worth half.
  • GeneralTartarus
    14 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    The end result is the same though, unless there is a change they failed to communicate with us. Unlocking an 80 shard character will still give us 80 shards if we have that character unlocked. But now those shards are worth half.

Maybe CG can chime in here... but you don't see shards when unlocking a character through Bronziums. You only see shards when the character is already unlocked. Wouldn't that, as defined in the update, mean that the shards are doubled?

I wrote in another thread that I felt there was an issue, but then I re-read the update and thought that there may be no issue?
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    It occurs to me that full character drops in Bronzium used to award only half shards if you already had the character unlocked. At some point in the last couple years they changed this mechanic to a full equivalent shard drop.

It was less than half before iirc