Pack details

Looooki
1045 posts Member
edited November 2020
1hwc214efzbo.jpg

Though I was better then this. Saw this and like how, this is a great deal!! Brought it for 2 sets of gear and I was wondering what went wrong.

Only to realise the LONG DESCRIPTION says otherwise. So misleading!!

THIS IS A SCAM!
Don't buy this trash!
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• What's wrong?

That's one of the best value packs they've ever put out
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    mv7hkirgxtly.jpeg
    My guild mate just posted this minutes ago. Kind of funny to read this message lol
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    mv7hkirgxtly.jpeg
    My guild mate just posted this minutes ago. Kind of funny to read this message lol

That’s from the other pack.

These are the same packs from a few weeks ago. The pack for $10 has a proper description and clear drops for what you’re buying. It’s a good value in terms of this game.

The $5 which is shown here as the jumbled text that can easily be misread. @CG_Doja_Fett can you ask someone to clean up the text in the $5 pack? Also can you ask whoever pushes these packs we want more like this??? We want more MICROTRANSACTIONS lol. Not this macro nonsense lol.
  • 1. That's still a good value pack in terms of in game pricing.

2. If you buy something without even allocating a few seconds to research what you are spending your money on, the only one you are getting scammed by is yourself.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    "Potential item and materials drop"
    "with a chance to gain"
    "Possible rewards include"

I mean...I'd love to pay $5 and get ALL of that lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Scam is a serious accusation. I hope you can prove it or CG's lawyers will eat you alive.
  • Looooki wrote: »
    1hwc214efzbo.jpg

Though I was better then this. Saw this and like how, this is a great deal!! Brought it for 2 sets of gear and I was wondering what went wrong.

Only to realise the LONG DESCRIPTION says otherwise. So misleading!!

THIS IS A SCAM!
    Don't buy this trash!
    Maybe they’ve changed it, but I always thought a scam attempted to conceal the truth, rather than print it in clearly legible text.
  • I purchased the Gear Completion Bundle II twice and then it disappeared from my store. I thought you could buy these up to 5 times?
    0tkdhv68fkzl.png
  • Hans_Hola wrote: »
    I purchased the Gear Completion Bundle II twice and then it disappeared from my store. I thought you could buy these up to 5 times?
    0tkdhv68fkzl.png

Should be up to three times for the more expensive pack, the cheaper one is five times.
  • 1. That's still a good value pack in terms of in game pricing.

2. If you buy something without even allocating a few seconds to research what you are spending your money on, the only one you are getting scammed by is yourself.

Really, u mean u read every word on ur purchase before u buy it? One would expect what u would be getting from the picture. All these text for a pack is misleading.
    1. That's still a good value pack in terms of in game pricing.

Really, u mean u read every word on ur purchase before u buy it? One would expect what u would be getting from the picture. All these text for a pack is misleading.

As true as it may be that the picture might be a reasonable expectation, they put the text there in full view with no attempt to hide the true nature of the pack. They are not liable for you being unhappy with the purchase, because they outlined clearly what was in the pack (the picture) and the chances of getting it (in the text)

Really, you buy things just from the picture when there’s text clearly available to read?

p6x6fhipf2z7.jpg
    Do you casually buy these bundles too assuming that the minimum return is 10 shards for 37 ships all at once?

It's not like it's the first time we have packs showing possible rewards in a similar fashion.
  • newershadow
    90 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    its kind of deliberately confusing gamble mechanics. You do not know what you buy due to graphics and long text about what you wont get due to suprise mechanics.

Basically you get 50 carbanti and 25 golden. If you need those, price is fair as it would be 1400+350 = 1750 crystals

The rest is just rng. The description is very badly made ... in fact it looks like that it violates Apple/Google rules as well as EU internet rules for online trade as its not clear what you buy.

FWIW, the description within the linked Pack Probabilities document is very clear as to what you’re getting, so their bases are likely covered.

ruwvjszxqu5p.jpeg

sv3unvs4rwqi.jpeg

• Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    its kind of deliberately confusing gamble mechanics. You do not know what you buy due to graphics and long text about what you wont get due to suprise mechanics.

Basically you get 50 carbanti and 25 golden. If you need those, price is fair as it would be 1400+350 = 1750 crystals

The rest is just rng. The description is very badly made ... in fact it looks like that it violates Apple/Google rules as well as EU internet rules for online trade as its not clear what you buy.

If the wall of text is too difficult for the reading comprehension of some, the pack probabilities link is up top in bright yellow and the table is nice and clear.
    nc0x9nw9fugc.jpg
  • Bottom line is they just need to space out the $5 pack text like the text is arranged on the $10 one. It’s not that big of a Fox
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Bottom line is they just need to space out the $5 pack text like the text is arranged on the $10 one. It’s not that big of a Fox

And what does the Fox say?
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Bottom line is they just need to space out the $5 pack text like the text is arranged on the $10 one. It’s not that big of a Fox

Yiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyi
  • Totally agree. This pack is set out to be as deliberately misleading as possible.
    EA are great at taking money though so I’m sure they have done the research and know it’s legal. Ethical doesn’t matter at all.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

“Buy more packs”
  • To the op, calling it a scam would be incorrect. Games like this have been classified as gambling in several countries. So scam-no. They stated theres a "chance", so you basically took a slot machine pull.