Ugh 4th GA battle in a row where opponent has 2x GL and I have 1. Stop it!

13Next

Replies

• Waqui wrote: »
    Strumpoo wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Have you tried getting a 2nd GL?

Wouldn't do any good. Then his complaint would be that he's facing 3 with only 2.

Nah, I am facing 3 GL this round with only 1 GL.

So, working as intended, lol.

Btw, all this talk about the "poor choices" is ****. I built up my NS team as soon as relics released. A LONG TIME before GL toon were even a pipe dream. Same with BH.

So because I liked a team and I wanted to build them up, I get totally hosed later when CG decides to release characters that totally change everything about the game in a way that isnt even close to the effect of any toon ever?

When relics were released you already knew that it would hurt your matchmaking in GA. It was a "poor choice" for your GA already back then.
    If they are going to punish me for playing the game the way I want to many months ago, then why dont they offer me a way to take my relics off old characters and re-relic the new op toons?

I hate the "you must hoard" **** aspect of this game and everyone that says it is how I have to play. It is stupid. I dont play a game to sit and practice for a guest appearance on "Hoarders". How boring.

Unfortunately, it has come to that in this game's "strategy" lol.

Now I sit on piles of Zeta, omega, gear, etc... since it isn't "worth it" to actually gear toons and play the game. Instead I can be satisfied with my increasing hoard of gear, I guess.. weeee.

Play the game however you prefer. There's no right or wrong way to play it. If you have fun relicing NS, BH and troopers go ahead. Have fun. Just don't expect that your choices won't affect your chances for success.

Your problem is not about hoarding or not. It's about Gearing up characters beyond what's needed for them to do their job in GA. Spend your resources, if you like - but spend them on characters that help you win in GA if that's your goal.

Umm yeah, but they put in super high relic reqs for getting GLs. So, if I want GLs I have to Mega relic, so this wont work.
  • I guess my only hope is they keep expanding the teams slots so that the guys that use super "strat" of only building out the top 5 teams actually feel the pain of having to deal with more than 5 counters.

Oh well, some day.
  • Strumpoo
    90 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    The funny thing is the 3 GL guy I am facing has already failed on the NS team I was so "stupid"to level up. It doesnt matter though because he just gets to lean on that super GL crutch he has by setting 3 GLs on def and there is no way to counter it lol.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Wouldn't do any good. Then his complaint would be that he's facing 3 with only 2.

Btw, all this talk about the "poor choices" is ****. I built up my NS team as soon as relics released. A LONG TIME before GL toon were even a pipe dream. Same with BH.

So because I liked a team and I wanted to build them up, I get totally hosed later when CG decides to release characters that totally change everything about the game in a way that isnt even close to the effect of any toon ever?

When relics were released you already knew that it would hurt your matchmaking in GA. It was a "poor choice" for your GA already back then.
    If they are going to punish me for playing the game the way I want to many months ago, then why dont they offer me a way to take my relics off old characters and re-relic the new op toons?

I hate the "you must hoard" **** aspect of this game and everyone that says it is how I have to play. It is stupid. I dont play a game to sit and practice for a guest appearance on "Hoarders". How boring.

Now I sit on piles of Zeta, omega, gear, etc... since it isn't "worth it" to actually gear toons and play the game. Instead I can be satisfied with my increasing hoard of gear, I guess.. weeee.

Play the game however you prefer. There's no right or wrong way to play it. If you have fun relicing NS, BH and troopers go ahead. Have fun. Just don't expect that your choices won't affect your chances for success.

Your problem is not about hoarding or not. It's about Gearing up characters beyond what's needed for them to do their job in GA. Spend your resources, if you like - but spend them on characters that help you win in GA if that's your goal.

Umm yeah, but they put in super high relic reqs for getting GLs. So, if I want GLs I have to Mega relic, so this wont work.

Um, to get a gl you have to relic a bunch of people, yes. But if you wait and relic everyone when you are ready to do them all at once and start the gl grind, and have enough relic mats and gear to get your gl to r7 immediately, the. You will only be at a disadvantage for a short time while you grind tickets and ult mats.

And if you relic a bunch of toons that don’t get you a gl, you will have matched yourself up with people who do have a gl.

Haven’t really read thread so not sure if this has all been said.

If you want to do well in gac, play by the gac rules.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • @Strumpoo I've beaten 2 gls to my 1 gl, two times last week and I'm also winning the current match in such conditions. Not buying your -woe is me- act one little bit.

Anyway, the solution to your problem is easier than most in a similar situation. Consider a low gl count, top heavy player with 40 g13s facing the same problem. When they get a new gl, that will also tremendously contribute into their top 80. Not your case. GL requirements will hardly add to your top 80. If you demod the useless ones they won't even knock on top 80 spots.

i.e. I have 65 g13s. Rolo is my 80th. Vet chew just exited top 80, each new entry will be moving more junk out of it.
    rvruc3j01dbz.png

You are in a much better spot for this. Given the amount of g13s you have, you sure are a spender and getting a gl is more of a preference than capability. Do it. Or don't. The way is clear. Rest of your complaining is not worth bothering for.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

That's what your opponents with 2 or 3 GLs did. If it didn't work for them why are you even having this discussion?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I guess my only hope is they keep expanding the teams slots so that the guys that use super "strat" of only building out the top 5 teams actually feel the pain of having to deal with more than 5 counters.

Oh well, some day.

Alternatively:
    Stop gearing/relicing characters that don't need that extra gear/relics to do their job in GA.

One of the two options is within your control.