Will simming the Tank Raid break the three Jedi Quests?

Prev13
I have been bringing up this issue ever since the first Q&A. I have asked this question over and over again and never got an official answer. So when the Tank becomes a simmable event, yes or no, will it still be compatible with the three Jedi quests?

In my case, I already have complete the three quests so either answer won't affect me personally. I am just trying to look out for new players and existing players that actually enjoy doing the quests (which I know is not the majority people)

I am totally fine with simming the tank raid provided that...CG does not screw up the interaction between a simmed tank raid and the Prestigious Quests.

• Jedi Knight 4/4 - Earn rank 10 or higher 5 times in the HAAT Raid
• Jedi Master 1/4 - Earn rank 3 or Better 3 times in the HAAT Raid
• Jedi Master 4/4 - Earn Rank 1 in the HAAT Raid

There are of course more conditions to completing the above quests than just the rank a player receives in the Tank Raid. This list can be found here: https://swgoh.gg/db/quests/?type=4

Imagine having to ask your guild leadership to NOT sim the tank battles at least 9 times just for you to do these quests or having to leave your guild because you are a completionist and have a mild case of OCD.

Just image if you were part of a guild's leadership. You get the news that the Tank raid is now simmable. You are happy as you and the rest of your guild don't have waste time doing it for the uninspired rewards.

Little Johnny in your guild then sends you a message saying, "Hey boss man, I just started the Jedi Knight/Master quests and I need you to not sim the tank raid for at least 9 times"... You now have a choice, be a really mean guild leader and tell Johnny "too bad, so sad" or have to do the tank raid manually at least 9 more times...arg!

You also then think hmmmm, if Johnny needs to do it, maybe little Stevie needs to do it as well in a few weeks/months from now. What a pain in the rear end!

Don't worry kind people, Lenders Quizan is here and has the solution!!!

If the tank raid is simmed, everyone gets designated as a 1st place "winner"! Everyone gets the same <insert sarcasm> "fantastic" rewards and little Johnny gets to continue with his quests. Johnny is happy, no downside for you, no downside for the rest of the guild.

Again, the rewards are lackluster to begin with, give 25th place rewards for all I care, just **DESIGNATE** everyone as 1st place just to not cause a problem with quests.

It would be far better to have CG address this from the get go so not to cause undue stress between some players and their guild leadership.

Replies

• I wouldn't expect this to happen. I mean, it makes the whole thing waaaaay more convenient ofc, but don't see this as being a priority for them.
  • I hope CG addresses this for people who want to do the quests because i know itll cause issues in many guilds where Guild Leaders will only want to sim
  • I hope CG addresses this for people who want to do the quests because i know itll cause issues in many guilds where Guild Leaders will only want to sim

I came from a guild like that way back near the beginning of Pit raid being farmable where people wanted to get the portrait and title for taking first but they refused to do anything but sim 24/7 when the time came. I hated it and left specifically to find a guild that treated lower level players better than that. And frankly, when it comes to convenience in content, that's kinda hard to find.
  • They won't fix this.
  • i hope they address this. while im done with the quest i can understand how terrible it would be for other people. at least the pit raid might indirectly be fixed with the challenge version
  • I hope they change it to something like: "previous questgoal" or sim it 10 times. So you can trade time for convenience
  • No, it does not break the quests. No, you do not gain progress towards any quest by simming a raid.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    No, it does not break the quests. No, you do not gain progress towards any quest by simming a raid.

Perhaps "break" was the wrong choice of word to use.

That being said, your second sentence is exactly what this whole post is about. For the benefit of players, I am imploring CG to find a way to make the three quests and simming the tank raid compatible with each other. You can read about my suggestion how in my OP as well as the consequences of doing nothing.

If you have have already done the quests or have no interest in doing them, regardless of which way CG will do it, it will make no difference to you.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    No, it does not break the quests. No, you do not gain progress towards any quest by simming a raid.

That being said, your second sentence is exactly what this whole post is about. For the benefit of players, I am imploring CG to find a way to make the three quests and simming the tank raid compatible with each other. You can read about my suggestion how in my OP as well as the consequences of doing nothing.

If you have have already done the quests or have no interest in doing them, regardless of which way CG will do it, it will make no difference to you.

Doesnt that change "devalue" the quests? The suggested change makes it so you dont have to "try" to get it, you just wait until you are in a guild that has it on sim, and boom you get it.

They didnt implement anything like this for the Rancor, so I would imagine they dont have any current intention of doing it for the Tank.
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    Doesnt that change "devalue" the quests? The suggested change makes it so you dont have to "try" to get it, you just wait until you are in a guild that has it on sim, and boom you get it.

They didnt implement anything like this for the Rancor, so I would imagine they dont have any current intention of doing it for the Tank.

Considering what the rewards of the quests are and that the rank in the tank raid is just one of the conditions, there is really no need to argue for or against the perceived "value".

As for the Rancor, there is just one regular quest (I think) and one hyperdrive quest tied to it. A guild would only have to manually run the raid once and in theory, a player could finish the regular quest.

In the case of the Tank, the raid would have to be manually run nine times and you would have to be in the top 10 five times, then in the top 3 three times then be in first place. You had better hope nobody the whole guild is behind you and nobody decides to solo the tank raid.

Back to the Rancor for a moment, I am hopeful that with the new Rancor raid that is coming, it will be compatible with the hyperdrive quest.

ln7bxk7fzl77.jpeg
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    https://swgoh.gg/db/quests/?page=7 https://swgoh.gg/db/quests/?page=8 https://swgoh.gg/db/quests/?page=9

Going thought the list I found a bunch of Rancor (The Pit) quests, but a new player would end up doing these when they first start playing. Generally speaking, new players don't join a guild (that sims the raid) when they first start playing.

So it appears that the rancor quest I was referring to was actually the hyperdrive one afterall. My mistake.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Considering what the rewards of the quests are and that the rank in the tank raid is just one of the conditions, there is really no need to argue for or against the perceived "value".

As for the Rancor, there is just one regular quest (I think) and one hyperdrive quest tied to it. A guild would only have to manually run the raid once and in theory, a player could finish the regular quest.

In the case of the Tank, the raid would have to be manually run nine times and you would have to be in the top 10 five times, then in the top 3 three times then be in first place. You had better hope nobody the whole guild is behind you and nobody decides to solo the tank raid.

Back to the Rancor for a moment, I am hopeful that with the new Rancor raid that is coming, it will be compatible with the hyperdrive quest.

ln7bxk7fzl77.jpeg

Yes I used the " " for a reason, but it doesnt change the fact that the change you are suggesting, is just giving the quest away. You could not even know the quest exists and get the rewards at some point.

That is why I see this as a hard sell.

I wasnt sure about the Rnacor quest, I just thought this came up when the sim was offered.

Hard pass. Waste of CG's time for a part of the game that they stopped caring about about 2 days after they added them.
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes I used the " " for a reason, but it doesnt change the fact that the change you are suggesting, is just giving the quest away. You could not even know the quest exists and get the rewards at some point. That is why I see this as a hard sell.

and I said, there are other conditions to the three quests. CG would not be simply "giving the quest away"

A player would still need to: Get 10 Jedi characters to Gear tier XI, Earn Rank 10 or better 5 times in Heroic AAT, Win 4 Territory Wars

Then: Earn Rank 3 or better 3 times in Heroic AAT, Get 5 Jedi to Gear Tier XII, Have Ahsoka Tano's Jedi Starfighter at 7 Stars

and finally: Get 10 Jedi to Gear tier XII, Earn Rank 1 in Heroic AAT, Win 10 Territory Wars

and these three quests cannot be done concurrently.

While the raid would have to be done 9 times manually, I do conceded the fact you would have to win 14 territory wars meaning we are looking at what would be over a course of months.
    Hard pass. Waste of CG's time for a part of the game that they stopped caring about about 2 days after they added them.

CG has to write code to make the tank simmable. All I am saying is while they are at it, just give the 1st place rank to everyone and give whatever rewards they deem.
  • well i finished the four jedi quests, but it starts all over again..
  • Nonentity21
    54 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Haha. I still haven’t gotten the “pit fighter” achievement because by the time I unlocked it half my guild could solo it and rng hates me.

CG has to write code to make the tank simmable. All I am saying is while they are at it, just give the 1st place rank to everyone and give whatever rewards they deem.

They have already written it.

And to Kyno's point, you don't actually "earn" those quests if your guild is simming. If the quests are important to you, you will find a guild that lets you work towards them, but they offer nothing in terms of progression, so they are still (as they have always been) just personal goals that let you show off.
  • Im stuck on a quest where you have to close rancor gate ten times, but my guild will not stop simming pit .. not much you can do
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    And to Kyno's point, you don't actually "earn" those quests if your guild is simming. If the quests are important to you, you will find a guild that lets you work towards them, but they offer nothing in terms of progression, so they are still (as they have always been) just personal goals that let you show off.

and to my points........

I have been bring up this issue for what feels like a year. Long before the code was written.

I have already stated (very first thing in my OP) that I have done these quests. I am thinking about players that haven't.

I have also explained how using my idea is not "giving the quest away" as Kyno suggested. Scroll up.

and once again, if you have have already done the quests or have no interest in doing them, regardless of which way CG will do it, it will make no difference to you.

and to my point........I have already stated (very first thing in my OP) that I have done these quests. I am thinking about players that haven't.

I have also explained how using my idea is not "giving the quest away" as Kyno suggested. Scroll up.

and once again, if you have have already done the quests or have no interest in doing them, regardless of which way CG will do it, it will make no difference to you.

I didn't mean "you" as in "you, specifically," but as the generic "you" as in whoever.

But look, if they change it so a sim gives progress on these, it *is* just giving them away, so they might as well ditch them entirely and give everyone the titles/portraits/rewards. They are designed for you to work through while your guild is doing these things. If you can't do them during that time, and you care about them, you need to either get your guild to not sim, or find a guild that isn't simming.
    I didn't mean "you" as in "you, specifically," but as the generic "you" as in whoever.

Ahh, I see, thank you for clarifying that. :)
    But look, if they change it so a sim gives progress on these, it *is* just giving them away, so they might as well ditch them entirely and give everyone the titles/portraits/rewards. They are designed for you to work through while your guild is doing these things. If you can't do them during that time, and you care about them, you need to either get your guild to not sim, or find a guild that isn't simming.

While I don't 100% agree with you, I do see the point you are trying to make.
  • Ultowe
    38 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    degm5rz1t8ur.png

are we able to do this quest in the rancor chalange tier ???
  • Ultowe wrote: »
    degm5rz1t8ur.png

Probably depends on if it has a door panel.

But this does bring up an interesting thought. If they add Tank Challenge Tier then you can start working on those quests again.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultowe wrote: »
    degm5rz1t8ur.png

That's a good point, I would imagine so. I cant see them removing that element of the raid, at least not from all the phases, as topple is a key raid mechanic in each raid.
  • I’d ignore the quests personally. You’ll probably never use the portraits or titles and any gear pieces or shards are such stingy rewards that it’s a drop in a bucket...in an ocean.

Rewards are old. Quest is old. Some people don’t get to them because they had to choose which quests to have active, since they can’t just all be active all the time for some reason. All these feats happen as you play. Most of them have rewards you’ll have outgrown by the time you get them. He’s asking for a QoL feature for mostly aesthetic rewards. Sometimes I wonder if anyone at CG plays their own game.
  • Dude... my main goal in this game was get qui-gon pic... If simm tank does not count for jedi knight/master prestige quests this could be even more difficult that what is...

Please CG... Simm raids should counts for prestige quests, or maybe the game should remember your historic of positions on raids...
  • I would think CG can have the achievements trigger retroactively if they were so inclined to spend a few minutes on it. When Pit and AAT became simmable guilds didn't have to complete them an extra 50 times. But, as other pointed out these quests don't carry much importance.