Shard Economy Changes [MEGA]

Replies

  • Kyno
    28354 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I don’t think the worst of CG, so I don’t believe this was their intent. I think this is much more of an oversight, but then just be honest about it.

    We will know soon enough if it is an oversight. My money is on purposeful though.

    It's not, but we all know the truth never gets in the way of a good story around here.

    It's not an oversight, the bronzium system was out of scope of this project. They tried to fit this fix in to "meet half way", but it's not quite there, as we are pointing out. I cant share more details on the conversations around this, unfortunately.

    This was not a purposeful nerf to gear income.

    It wasn't an oversight, but it was an oversight? What?

    It's not an oversight, and it's not an oversight. They are doing what they can within the scope of the project. Its just not meeting up with the expectations listed, of neutral impact.
  • Kyno
    28354 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I don’t think the worst of CG, so I don’t believe this was their intent. I think this is much more of an oversight, but then just be honest about it.

    We will know soon enough if it is an oversight. My money is on purposeful though.

    It's not, but we all know the truth never gets in the way of a good story around here.

    It's not an oversight, the bronzium system was out of scope of this project. They tried to fit this fix in to "meet half way", but it's not quite there, as we are pointing out. I cant share more details on the conversations around this, unfortunately.

    This was not a purposeful nerf to gear income.

    Except it is. Purposeful or not, it’s a nerf to gear income. So I think the term “chop chop” applies to fixing the overall gear economy now because the autoing of a raid with meh rewards does not make up for a nerf to gear economy.

    The quote I was replying to, was saying it was purposeful. No one is arguing it's not a nerf.

    Again, sure, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.
  • Still baffles me how for some reason everything has to be hush-hush. We're getting a bit more communication then normal, but whenever we ask a direct (and honest) question, even for clarification on communication they've already done, 9 times out of 10 the answer comes from Kyno saying he talked to them, and about half of those times he says they told him not to tell us. Why is that even an issue? I've never even been answered as to why they won't talk, is it something legal about the Bronzium packs that you literally can't even pay for with real money? Doubtful. Is it a coding issue that's gonna destroy the game if someone tries to hack with the limited info they'd get from talking about the code? Probably not, at worst someone locally hacks into their own Bronzium drop rates, and they'll just get banned anyway. So what, is a higher up telling them the shiny new community team has to stay locked in the closet until after updates happen?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I don’t think the worst of CG, so I don’t believe this was their intent. I think this is much more of an oversight, but then just be honest about it.

    We will know soon enough if it is an oversight. My money is on purposeful though.

    It's not, but we all know the truth never gets in the way of a good story around here.

    It's not an oversight, the bronzium system was out of scope of this project. They tried to fit this fix in to "meet half way", but it's not quite there, as we are pointing out. I cant share more details on the conversations around this, unfortunately.

    This was not a purposeful nerf to gear income.
    Based on what I have seen over the past 5 years...is the gist of the project was to look like CG was throwing a bone to new players under the guise of driving more income towards gear purchases. The data shows players are more apt to buy gear than shards. In the mist of said project, and subsequent notification to players, this Bronzium issue or oversight now looks more negative than the perceived positive move to double the shards earned and thus drive gear purchases. Now they come back with a slight fix that really doesn’t do much to resolve problem. Instead of doing the right thing to begin with and keep the shard shop costs the same and help in both areas they now have this mess. Now their hand has been played and people now see what their intent truly is/was..all on top of the 5th anniversary celebration. CG should have just cut to the chase and told everyone just to buy more gear.
  • Kyno
    28354 posts Moderator
    Still baffles me how for some reason everything has to be hush-hush. We're getting a bit more communication then normal, but whenever we ask a direct (and honest) question, even for clarification on communication they've already done, 9 times out of 10 the answer comes from Kyno saying he talked to them, and about half of those times he says they told him not to tell us. Why is that even an issue? I've never even been answered as to why they won't talk, is it something legal about the Bronzium packs that you literally can't even pay for with real money? Doubtful. Is it a coding issue that's gonna destroy the game if someone tries to hack with the limited info they'd get from talking about the code? Probably not, at worst someone locally hacks into their own Bronzium drop rates, and they'll just get banned anyway. So what, is a higher up telling them the shiny new community team has to stay locked in the closet until after updates happen?

    They never tell me not to tell you guys. I have an NDA in place for my position. I have to walk a fine line to not violate that, and I do so at my discretion. If I go to far, which I have never gone "too" far, but I got close and had a discussion about that with them, being told that that was getting a little too close to home.

    They always have details they cannot discuss, there are multiple reasons and layers behind that.
  • Kyno
    28354 posts Moderator
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I don’t think the worst of CG, so I don’t believe this was their intent. I think this is much more of an oversight, but then just be honest about it.

    We will know soon enough if it is an oversight. My money is on purposeful though.

    It's not, but we all know the truth never gets in the way of a good story around here.

    It's not an oversight, the bronzium system was out of scope of this project. They tried to fit this fix in to "meet half way", but it's not quite there, as we are pointing out. I cant share more details on the conversations around this, unfortunately.

    This was not a purposeful nerf to gear income.
    Based on what I have seen over the past 5 years...is the gist of the project was to look like CG was throwing a bone to new players under the guise of driving more income towards gear purchases. The data shows players are more apt to buy gear than shards. In the mist of said project, and subsequent notification to players, this Bronzium issue or oversight now looks more negative than the perceived positive move to double the shards earned and thus drive gear purchases. Now they come back with a slight fix that really doesn’t do much to resolve problem. Instead of doing the right thing to begin with and keep the shard shop costs the same and help in both areas they now have this mess. Now their hand has been played and people now see what their intent truly is/was..all on top of the 5th anniversary celebration. CG should have just cut to the chase and told everyone just to buy more gear.

    Good story, as I said, never let the truth get in the way.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Still baffles me how for some reason everything has to be hush-hush. We're getting a bit more communication then normal, but whenever we ask a direct (and honest) question, even for clarification on communication they've already done, 9 times out of 10 the answer comes from Kyno saying he talked to them, and about half of those times he says they told him not to tell us. Why is that even an issue? I've never even been answered as to why they won't talk, is it something legal about the Bronzium packs that you literally can't even pay for with real money? Doubtful. Is it a coding issue that's gonna destroy the game if someone tries to hack with the limited info they'd get from talking about the code? Probably not, at worst someone locally hacks into their own Bronzium drop rates, and they'll just get banned anyway. So what, is a higher up telling them the shiny new community team has to stay locked in the closet until after updates happen?

    They never tell me not to tell you guys. I have an NDA in place for my position. I have to walk a fine line to not violate that, and I do so at my discretion. If I go to far, which I have never gone "too" far, but I got close and had a discussion about that with them, being told that that was getting a little too close to home.

    They always have details they cannot discuss, there are multiple reasons and layers behind that.

    I appreciate you clarifying part of why, thank you so much for all you do by being so active on the forums btw.

    However, there are others on the forums whos job it is to communicate with us. Why do you have to answer every question, or at least 90% of them? And why is the one with the NDA and previous scare under his belt the one sent to talk to all of us? They have a community team with two members active on the forums, and they all have their own dev accounts. You'd think given how active recent threads have been surrounding the updates in the past month and a half that it wouldn't have been that unusual to see @CG_SBCrumb or @CG_Doja_Fett in these threads more than once a month. Especially since @CG_Doja_Fett , bless his heart, is a known active contributor to several threads on a near daily basis.

    There's really only so many excuses that can be made, and you having an NDA still doesn't answer why they choose not to answer us. It just explains why you specifically can't tell us more, and I appreciate that honesty.
  • They could give us double drops and no change to shard shop currency. That would have been the simplest idea. The real crunch is gear. They know it. To implement a nerf on the toughest crunch, oversight or not, is a problem.

    My issue is that they are hiding this problem behind beneficial changes i.e. shard doubling and simming tank. They stated that they fixed the bronzium problem with single shards to make us happy since we cared. No, the issue remains with full character drops from bronzium cards, fix it CG.

    I can appreciate where Kyno is coming from, but to say “hey we fixed it” with a partial fix and then caveat that with “it doesn’t fix the issue of full character drops in bronzium packs” is knowingly deceptive. Frankly, that post made me more frustrated.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I don’t think the worst of CG, so I don’t believe this was their intent. I think this is much more of an oversight, but then just be honest about it.

    We will know soon enough if it is an oversight. My money is on purposeful though.

    It's not, but we all know the truth never gets in the way of a good story around here.

    It's not an oversight, the bronzium system was out of scope of this project. They tried to fit this fix in to "meet half way", but it's not quite there, as we are pointing out. I cant share more details on the conversations around this, unfortunately.

    This was not a purposeful nerf to gear income.

    I'm sorry man, and I'm certainly not calling you a liar (as perhaps this is what you were told), but based on past events and communication I don't believe this at all. Maybe too many people have been able to gear up for the new GL/JKL without spending due to **** currency hoards and this is their way of addressing it.

    Let's look at what this does: It simultaneously makes more gear needed more quickly (those new players need all those gear levels - a 7* g8 toon is nearly worthless in most game modes), and reduces the availability of the "free" gear from normal activities. And gear is the biggest way they've monetized the game ever since the great whale boycott after some new toon (Rex maybe?) ended up costing something like $300 to get on average through chromium. I have zero problem with this being a profit driven game, I spend plenty. I have a problem with, once again, them communicating it like it's a big plus when it just isn't. It's like the communication of kyros "diversifying the gear grind" making it sound like they were easing the gear crunch, when in fact, it was being made worse. Especially since they could do a couple different things to offset this nerf, but they're choosing not to do those things. So yeah, from that standpoint, it's definitely intentional because they could do something to change this effect.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I don’t think the worst of CG, so I don’t believe this was their intent. I think this is much more of an oversight, but then just be honest about it.

    We will know soon enough if it is an oversight. My money is on purposeful though.

    It's not, but we all know the truth never gets in the way of a good story around here.

    It's not an oversight, the bronzium system was out of scope of this project. They tried to fit this fix in to "meet half way", but it's not quite there, as we are pointing out. I cant share more details on the conversations around this, unfortunately.

    This was not a purposeful nerf to gear income.

    I'm sorry man, and I'm certainly not calling you a liar (as perhaps this is what you were told), but based on past events and communication I don't believe this at all. Maybe too many people have been able to gear up for the new GL/JKL without spending due to **** currency hoards and this is their way of addressing it.

    Let's look at what this does: It simultaneously makes more gear needed more quickly (those new players need all those gear levels - a 7* g8 toon is nearly worthless in most game modes), and reduces the availability of the "free" gear from normal activities. And gear is the biggest way they've monetized the game ever since the great whale boycott after some new toon (Rex maybe?) ended up costing something like $300 to get on average through chromium. I have zero problem with this being a profit driven game, I spend plenty. I have a problem with, once again, them communicating it like it's a big plus when it just isn't. It's like the communication of kyros "diversifying the gear grind" making it sound like they were easing the gear crunch, when in fact, it was being made worse. Especially since they could do a couple different things to offset this nerf, but they're choosing not to do those things. So yeah, from that standpoint, it's definitely intentional because they could do something to change this effect.

    Yep. And everyone can say all they want that they obviously have more information and we don't know everything that they're doing, but no one other than @Kyno can tell me why we don't have this information. Until otherwise proven, there's no reason to believe it isn't intentional, and they only let the guy with the NDA defend the decisions at his own discretion, which seems like a trap designed to keep us perpetually in the dark in lieu of anyone from CG actually talking to us.
  • MaruMaru
    1974 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I don’t think the worst of CG, so I don’t believe this was their intent. I think this is much more of an oversight, but then just be honest about it.

    We will know soon enough if it is an oversight. My money is on purposeful though.

    It's not, but we all know the truth never gets in the way of a good story around here.

    It's not an oversight, the bronzium system was out of scope of this project. They tried to fit this fix in to "meet half way", but it's not quite there, as we are pointing out. I cant share more details on the conversations around this, unfortunately.

    This was not a purposeful nerf to gear income.

    Hilarious linguistic gymnastics. Cool story bruv. If it wasn't in the scope of the project, it wouldn't effect it and they wouldn't try to come up with a half solution. Even they think it's within the scope of the project just like everything else the change effects.
  • Kyno
    28354 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Still baffles me how for some reason everything has to be hush-hush. We're getting a bit more communication then normal, but whenever we ask a direct (and honest) question, even for clarification on communication they've already done, 9 times out of 10 the answer comes from Kyno saying he talked to them, and about half of those times he says they told him not to tell us. Why is that even an issue? I've never even been answered as to why they won't talk, is it something legal about the Bronzium packs that you literally can't even pay for with real money? Doubtful. Is it a coding issue that's gonna destroy the game if someone tries to hack with the limited info they'd get from talking about the code? Probably not, at worst someone locally hacks into their own Bronzium drop rates, and they'll just get banned anyway. So what, is a higher up telling them the shiny new community team has to stay locked in the closet until after updates happen?

    They never tell me not to tell you guys. I have an NDA in place for my position. I have to walk a fine line to not violate that, and I do so at my discretion. If I go to far, which I have never gone "too" far, but I got close and had a discussion about that with them, being told that that was getting a little too close to home.

    They always have details they cannot discuss, there are multiple reasons and layers behind that.

    I appreciate you clarifying part of why, thank you so much for all you do by being so active on the forums btw.

    However, there are others on the forums whos job it is to communicate with us. Why do you have to answer every question, or at least 90% of them? And why is the one with the NDA and previous scare under his belt the one sent to talk to all of us? They have a community team with two members active on the forums, and they all have their own dev accounts. You'd think given how active recent threads have been surrounding the updates in the past month and a half that it wouldn't have been that unusual to see @CG_SBCrumb or @CG_Doja_Fett in these threads more than once a month. Especially since @CG_Doja_Fett , bless his heart, is a known active contributor to several threads on a near daily basis.

    There's really only so many excuses that can be made, and you having an NDA still doesn't answer why they choose not to answer us. It just explains why you specifically can't tell us more, and I appreciate that honesty.

    Yeah, I was only clarifying the part you said about me.

    I never know the full story as to why they cant share certain details, just when they can and cant (more or less).

    I am not sent to do anything. I choose to do this. They never tell me to spread the word to the masses. I choose to walk this line, in an effort to help get as much information out there as I can, because as you can see it's always a conspiracy theory about what happening.

    Doja is a beast, but even he has limits, in both his time and the flow of information. As much as we try to funnel this stuff to him and what he does on his own, he is not the answer guy, he just knows the people who are. It still takes time to get Answers for things, and still there are things that he may not be able to share.IDK.
  • Kyno
    28354 posts Moderator
    Konju wrote: »
    They could give us double drops and no change to shard shop currency. That would have been the simplest idea. The real crunch is gear. They know it. To implement a nerf on the toughest crunch, oversight or not, is a problem.

    My issue is that they are hiding this problem behind beneficial changes i.e. shard doubling and simming tank. They stated that they fixed the bronzium problem with single shards to make us happy since we cared. No, the issue remains with full character drops from bronzium cards, fix it CG.

    I can appreciate where Kyno is coming from, but to say “hey we fixed it” with a partial fix and then caveat that with “it doesn’t fix the issue of full character drops in bronzium packs” is knowingly deceptive. Frankly, that post made me more frustrated.

    It is in no way deceptive. That is a joke to suggest otherwise.
  • Kyno
    28354 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I don’t think the worst of CG, so I don’t believe this was their intent. I think this is much more of an oversight, but then just be honest about it.

    We will know soon enough if it is an oversight. My money is on purposeful though.

    It's not, but we all know the truth never gets in the way of a good story around here.

    It's not an oversight, the bronzium system was out of scope of this project. They tried to fit this fix in to "meet half way", but it's not quite there, as we are pointing out. I cant share more details on the conversations around this, unfortunately.

    This was not a purposeful nerf to gear income.

    I'm sorry man, and I'm certainly not calling you a liar (as perhaps this is what you were told), but based on past events and communication I don't believe this at all. Maybe too many people have been able to gear up for the new GL/JKL without spending due to **** currency hoards and this is their way of addressing it.

    Let's look at what this does: It simultaneously makes more gear needed more quickly (those new players need all those gear levels - a 7* g8 toon is nearly worthless in most game modes), and reduces the availability of the "free" gear from normal activities. And gear is the biggest way they've monetized the game ever since the great whale boycott after some new toon (Rex maybe?) ended up costing something like $300 to get on average through chromium. I have zero problem with this being a profit driven game, I spend plenty. I have a problem with, once again, them communicating it like it's a big plus when it just isn't. It's like the communication of kyros "diversifying the gear grind" making it sound like they were easing the gear crunch, when in fact, it was being made worse. Especially since they could do a couple different things to offset this nerf, but they're choosing not to do those things. So yeah, from that standpoint, it's definitely intentional because they could do something to change this effect.

    A purposeful act in this case would mean they planned all along to lower the gear income through the shard shop for the purpose of lowering gear income. That is not the case, that was not the purpose of this change, even though it may be a byproduct of it, to some extent.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    They could give us double drops and no change to shard shop currency. That would have been the simplest idea. The real crunch is gear. They know it. To implement a nerf on the toughest crunch, oversight or not, is a problem.

    My issue is that they are hiding this problem behind beneficial changes i.e. shard doubling and simming tank. They stated that they fixed the bronzium problem with single shards to make us happy since we cared. No, the issue remains with full character drops from bronzium cards, fix it CG.

    I can appreciate where Kyno is coming from, but to say “hey we fixed it” with a partial fix and then caveat that with “it doesn’t fix the issue of full character drops in bronzium packs” is knowingly deceptive. Frankly, that post made me more frustrated.

    It is in no way deceptive. That is a joke to suggest otherwise.

    I disagree, but see the point. It is a partial fix. To market it as the fix we needed is deceptive. To market it as fixing the bulk of the problem is deceptive. To say they listened to us and then fix only the smallest part of the issue that we've barely touched on is deceptive. To say it was a technical issue and then say "all we really had to do was take the time to look at it harder" is either deceptive this time or deceptive when they said it was a technical issue.

    It might not be purposeful or malicious, but it is deceptive.
  • Kyno
    28354 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I don’t think the worst of CG, so I don’t believe this was their intent. I think this is much more of an oversight, but then just be honest about it.

    We will know soon enough if it is an oversight. My money is on purposeful though.

    It's not, but we all know the truth never gets in the way of a good story around here.

    It's not an oversight, the bronzium system was out of scope of this project. They tried to fit this fix in to "meet half way", but it's not quite there, as we are pointing out. I cant share more details on the conversations around this, unfortunately.

    This was not a purposeful nerf to gear income.

    I'm sorry man, and I'm certainly not calling you a liar (as perhaps this is what you were told), but based on past events and communication I don't believe this at all. Maybe too many people have been able to gear up for the new GL/JKL without spending due to **** currency hoards and this is their way of addressing it.

    Let's look at what this does: It simultaneously makes more gear needed more quickly (those new players need all those gear levels - a 7* g8 toon is nearly worthless in most game modes), and reduces the availability of the "free" gear from normal activities. And gear is the biggest way they've monetized the game ever since the great whale boycott after some new toon (Rex maybe?) ended up costing something like $300 to get on average through chromium. I have zero problem with this being a profit driven game, I spend plenty. I have a problem with, once again, them communicating it like it's a big plus when it just isn't. It's like the communication of kyros "diversifying the gear grind" making it sound like they were easing the gear crunch, when in fact, it was being made worse. Especially since they could do a couple different things to offset this nerf, but they're choosing not to do those things. So yeah, from that standpoint, it's definitely intentional because they could do something to change this effect.

    Yep. And everyone can say all they want that they obviously have more information and we don't know everything that they're doing, but no one other than Kyno can tell me why we don't have this information. Until otherwise proven, there's no reason to believe it isn't intentional, and they only let the guy with the NDA defend the decisions at his own discretion, which seems like a trap designed to keep us perpetually in the dark in lieu of anyone from CG actually talking to us.
    Ok, this is a lot to comb through. I've asked for a summation of key points raised by the comments in this thread, and will work on getting feedback to address some of those recurring points.

    Might take a few days, as tomorrow is a holiday. But, I know the goal here was to make it easier for newer players to unlock and level up units, while also trying as much as possible to minimally effect other parts of the economy for elder players.

    Will keep y'all updated when I have more.

    It was stated, you just dont accept this as proof.
  • Kyno
    28354 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    They could give us double drops and no change to shard shop currency. That would have been the simplest idea. The real crunch is gear. They know it. To implement a nerf on the toughest crunch, oversight or not, is a problem.

    My issue is that they are hiding this problem behind beneficial changes i.e. shard doubling and simming tank. They stated that they fixed the bronzium problem with single shards to make us happy since we cared. No, the issue remains with full character drops from bronzium cards, fix it CG.

    I can appreciate where Kyno is coming from, but to say “hey we fixed it” with a partial fix and then caveat that with “it doesn’t fix the issue of full character drops in bronzium packs” is knowingly deceptive. Frankly, that post made me more frustrated.

    It is in no way deceptive. That is a joke to suggest otherwise.

    I disagree, but see the point. It is a partial fix. To market it as the fix we needed is deceptive. To market it as fixing the bulk of the problem is deceptive. To say they listened to us and then fix only the smallest part of the issue that we've barely touched on is deceptive. To say it was a technical issue and then say "all we really had to do was take the time to look at it harder" is either deceptive this time or deceptive when they said it was a technical issue.

    It might not be purposeful or malicious, but it is deceptive.

    Does this say it is a full fix or resolved all the issues, no.

    Is this a fix that makes the situation better, yes.

    It is in no way deceptive.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Still baffles me how for some reason everything has to be hush-hush. We're getting a bit more communication then normal, but whenever we ask a direct (and honest) question, even for clarification on communication they've already done, 9 times out of 10 the answer comes from Kyno saying he talked to them, and about half of those times he says they told him not to tell us. Why is that even an issue? I've never even been answered as to why they won't talk, is it something legal about the Bronzium packs that you literally can't even pay for with real money? Doubtful. Is it a coding issue that's gonna destroy the game if someone tries to hack with the limited info they'd get from talking about the code? Probably not, at worst someone locally hacks into their own Bronzium drop rates, and they'll just get banned anyway. So what, is a higher up telling them the shiny new community team has to stay locked in the closet until after updates happen?

    They never tell me not to tell you guys. I have an NDA in place for my position. I have to walk a fine line to not violate that, and I do so at my discretion. If I go to far, which I have never gone "too" far, but I got close and had a discussion about that with them, being told that that was getting a little too close to home.

    They always have details they cannot discuss, there are multiple reasons and layers behind that.

    I appreciate you clarifying part of why, thank you so much for all you do by being so active on the forums btw.

    However, there are others on the forums whos job it is to communicate with us. Why do you have to answer every question, or at least 90% of them? And why is the one with the NDA and previous scare under his belt the one sent to talk to all of us? They have a community team with two members active on the forums, and they all have their own dev accounts. You'd think given how active recent threads have been surrounding the updates in the past month and a half that it wouldn't have been that unusual to see @CG_SBCrumb or @CG_Doja_Fett in these threads more than once a month. Especially since @CG_Doja_Fett , bless his heart, is a known active contributor to several threads on a near daily basis.

    There's really only so many excuses that can be made, and you having an NDA still doesn't answer why they choose not to answer us. It just explains why you specifically can't tell us more, and I appreciate that honesty.

    Yeah, I was only clarifying the part you said about me.

    I never know the full story as to why they cant share certain details, just when they can and cant (more or less).

    I am not sent to do anything. I choose to do this. They never tell me to spread the word to the masses. I choose to walk this line, in an effort to help get as much information out there as I can, because as you can see it's always a conspiracy theory about what happening.

    Doja is a beast, but even he has limits, in both his time and the flow of information. As much as we try to funnel this stuff to him and what he does on his own, he is not the answer guy, he just knows the people who are. It still takes time to get Answers for things, and still there are things that he may not be able to share.IDK.


    Yeah I get all that. I just wish one time, in a month when the forums have been exploding with complaints and one of the most popular questions is "why? What's happening and why can't we be told about it?" someone would have come down and explained the process. Start a dev only thread talking us through the process as much as possible without breaking any laws. I don't care how it gets done but I find it hard to believe after such a tumultuous period of these forums practically exploding with questions that Doja has been so busy the entire time that he couldn't take ten minutes to say "This is what happens when you guys have a question and why I can't always get back to you so fast"

    Not trying to disrespect anyone on the grind, you guys are all killing it, mods and CG staff, but you're missing a lot of key opportunities and important questions. This is part of the reason people read between the lines and get so skeptical. I've actually noticed an uptick in "benefit of the doubt" since Doja came in where the first reaction isn't conspiracy theories, but rather honest questions. However when a thread goes on for over a month and garners over a thousand replies with no new info, people naturally get skeptical.
  • They say they fixed it, but then stated at the bottom it’s not fixed. Yes, the information is there, which is why I know about it, which is why I am upset. Just be forthright in your communication: “we fixed the but we have yet to find a solution for the full character unlock.” This approach is significantly less deceptive as the language is all located in the same block of text. Not everyone reads everything so it is strategically deceptive. I’m not sure if you’ve ever worked in sales, Kyno, but I sniff this stuff out so easily.

    The real joke is CG continuing to “give us benefits” in the form of nerfs.
  • Kyno
    28354 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Still baffles me how for some reason everything has to be hush-hush. We're getting a bit more communication then normal, but whenever we ask a direct (and honest) question, even for clarification on communication they've already done, 9 times out of 10 the answer comes from Kyno saying he talked to them, and about half of those times he says they told him not to tell us. Why is that even an issue? I've never even been answered as to why they won't talk, is it something legal about the Bronzium packs that you literally can't even pay for with real money? Doubtful. Is it a coding issue that's gonna destroy the game if someone tries to hack with the limited info they'd get from talking about the code? Probably not, at worst someone locally hacks into their own Bronzium drop rates, and they'll just get banned anyway. So what, is a higher up telling them the shiny new community team has to stay locked in the closet until after updates happen?

    They never tell me not to tell you guys. I have an NDA in place for my position. I have to walk a fine line to not violate that, and I do so at my discretion. If I go to far, which I have never gone "too" far, but I got close and had a discussion about that with them, being told that that was getting a little too close to home.

    They always have details they cannot discuss, there are multiple reasons and layers behind that.

    I appreciate you clarifying part of why, thank you so much for all you do by being so active on the forums btw.

    However, there are others on the forums whos job it is to communicate with us. Why do you have to answer every question, or at least 90% of them? And why is the one with the NDA and previous scare under his belt the one sent to talk to all of us? They have a community team with two members active on the forums, and they all have their own dev accounts. You'd think given how active recent threads have been surrounding the updates in the past month and a half that it wouldn't have been that unusual to see @CG_SBCrumb or @CG_Doja_Fett in these threads more than once a month. Especially since @CG_Doja_Fett , bless his heart, is a known active contributor to several threads on a near daily basis.

    There's really only so many excuses that can be made, and you having an NDA still doesn't answer why they choose not to answer us. It just explains why you specifically can't tell us more, and I appreciate that honesty.

    Yeah, I was only clarifying the part you said about me.

    I never know the full story as to why they cant share certain details, just when they can and cant (more or less).

    I am not sent to do anything. I choose to do this. They never tell me to spread the word to the masses. I choose to walk this line, in an effort to help get as much information out there as I can, because as you can see it's always a conspiracy theory about what happening.

    Doja is a beast, but even he has limits, in both his time and the flow of information. As much as we try to funnel this stuff to him and what he does on his own, he is not the answer guy, he just knows the people who are. It still takes time to get Answers for things, and still there are things that he may not be able to share.IDK.


    Yeah I get all that. I just wish one time, in a month when the forums have been exploding with complaints and one of the most popular questions is "why? What's happening and why can't we be told about it?" someone would have come down and explained the process. Start a dev only thread talking us through the process as much as possible without breaking any laws. I don't care how it gets done but I find it hard to believe after such a tumultuous period of these forums practically exploding with questions that Doja has been so busy the entire time that he couldn't take ten minutes to say "This is what happens when you guys have a question and why I can't always get back to you so fast"

    Not trying to disrespect anyone on the grind, you guys are all killing it, mods and CG staff, but you're missing a lot of key opportunities and important questions. This is part of the reason people read between the lines and get so skeptical. I've actually noticed an uptick in "benefit of the doubt" since Doja came in where the first reaction isn't conspiracy theories, but rather honest questions. However when a thread goes on for over a month and garners over a thousand replies with no new info, people naturally get skeptical.

    I get your point, but I dont ever see that happening.

    Not to disrespect anyone, but it also wouldnt matter, as players are going to believe what they want, regardless of the explanation about what can and cant be said and what is or is not going on.
  • Shadowmaster4
    475 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Still baffles me how for some reason everything has to be hush-hush. We're getting a bit more communication then normal, but whenever we ask a direct (and honest) question, even for clarification on communication they've already done, 9 times out of 10 the answer comes from Kyno saying he talked to them, and about half of those times he says they told him not to tell us. Why is that even an issue? I've never even been answered as to why they won't talk, is it something legal about the Bronzium packs that you literally can't even pay for with real money? Doubtful. Is it a coding issue that's gonna destroy the game if someone tries to hack with the limited info they'd get from talking about the code? Probably not, at worst someone locally hacks into their own Bronzium drop rates, and they'll just get banned anyway. So what, is a higher up telling them the shiny new community team has to stay locked in the closet until after updates happen?

    They never tell me not to tell you guys. I have an NDA in place for my position. I have to walk a fine line to not violate that, and I do so at my discretion. If I go to far, which I have never gone "too" far, but I got close and had a discussion about that with them, being told that that was getting a little too close to home.

    They always have details they cannot discuss, there are multiple reasons and layers behind that.

    I appreciate you clarifying part of why, thank you so much for all you do by being so active on the forums btw.

    However, there are others on the forums whos job it is to communicate with us. Why do you have to answer every question, or at least 90% of them? And why is the one with the NDA and previous scare under his belt the one sent to talk to all of us? They have a community team with two members active on the forums, and they all have their own dev accounts. You'd think given how active recent threads have been surrounding the updates in the past month and a half that it wouldn't have been that unusual to see @CG_SBCrumb or @CG_Doja_Fett in these threads more than once a month. Especially since @CG_Doja_Fett , bless his heart, is a known active contributor to several threads on a near daily basis.

    There's really only so many excuses that can be made, and you having an NDA still doesn't answer why they choose not to answer us. It just explains why you specifically can't tell us more, and I appreciate that honesty.

    Yeah, I was only clarifying the part you said about me.

    I never know the full story as to why they cant share certain details, just when they can and cant (more or less).

    I am not sent to do anything. I choose to do this. They never tell me to spread the word to the masses. I choose to walk this line, in an effort to help get as much information out there as I can, because as you can see it's always a conspiracy theory about what happening.

    Doja is a beast, but even he has limits, in both his time and the flow of information. As much as we try to funnel this stuff to him and what he does on his own, he is not the answer guy, he just knows the people who are. It still takes time to get Answers for things, and still there are things that he may not be able to share.IDK.


    Yeah I get all that. I just wish one time, in a month when the forums have been exploding with complaints and one of the most popular questions is "why? What's happening and why can't we be told about it?" someone would have come down and explained the process. Start a dev only thread talking us through the process as much as possible without breaking any laws. I don't care how it gets done but I find it hard to believe after such a tumultuous period of these forums practically exploding with questions that Doja has been so busy the entire time that he couldn't take ten minutes to say "This is what happens when you guys have a question and why I can't always get back to you so fast"

    Not trying to disrespect anyone on the grind, you guys are all killing it, mods and CG staff, but you're missing a lot of key opportunities and important questions. This is part of the reason people read between the lines and get so skeptical. I've actually noticed an uptick in "benefit of the doubt" since Doja came in where the first reaction isn't conspiracy theories, but rather honest questions. However when a thread goes on for over a month and garners over a thousand replies with no new info, people naturally get skeptical.

    I get your point, but I dont ever see that happening.

    Not to disrespect anyone, but it also wouldnt matter, as players are going to believe what they want, regardless of the explanation about what can and cant be said and what is or is not going on.

    Yes but at that point, it is genuinely the players fault for believing false information. At this point, we don't even know what is true or false, no one answers our questions.

    The difference is subtle, but the state of the forums and the game would be a lot better if the pessimistic people were actually just conspiracy theorists and not people who have genuine points.

    Like if, in the SEE thread for example, when Doja dropped by a month ago if he had said "I'm bringing this to their attention, we're looking at it, we'll have info in about a month and half. I have to send it through them, they have to playtest as well as collect data from at least a month of performance in the wild since this is wildly different than the release of the first GL's. Since we can't compare the wild performance to Kylo or Rey's release, and because the kit is vastly more complex coding for the game, we run the risk of too many bugs or 'half fixes' if we move too fast, so bear with us"

    That would be an example of good communication that answers all the questions we asked. On top of that, even if he left his first communication as is but sticked around to answer some questions after that, instead of leaving such an important thread stagnant, then people wouldn't believe there's an ulterior motive for taking so long.

    I know it's not in your control @Kyno , but do you see the problem there? It's an easy fix, which either means they're purposefully not doing it which is bad, or they're choosing to mislead/not inform the playerbase which is worse.
  • Kyno
    28354 posts Moderator
    Konju wrote: »
    They say they fixed it, but then stated at the bottom it’s not fixed. Yes, the information is there, which is why I know about it, which is why I am upset. Just be forthright in your communication: “we fixed the but we have yet to find a solution for the full character unlock.” This approach is significantly less deceptive as the language is all located in the same block of text. Not everyone reads everything so it is strategically deceptive. I’m not sure if you’ve ever worked in sales, Kyno, but I sniff this stuff out so easily.

    The real joke is CG continuing to “give us benefits” in the form of nerfs.

    Not reading everything makes what they said deceptive? ... I guess we can agree to disagree on that point.

  • And just for the record, I hope everything you say Kyno is right. I respect you, and though I am new to posting, I’ve been reading your posts for a very long time. I hope they fix this. I hope it wasn’t intentional. I love this game. I enjoy the community. I respect you and the position you are in with this particular issue.
  • Kyno
    28354 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Still baffles me how for some reason everything has to be hush-hush. We're getting a bit more communication then normal, but whenever we ask a direct (and honest) question, even for clarification on communication they've already done, 9 times out of 10 the answer comes from Kyno saying he talked to them, and about half of those times he says they told him not to tell us. Why is that even an issue? I've never even been answered as to why they won't talk, is it something legal about the Bronzium packs that you literally can't even pay for with real money? Doubtful. Is it a coding issue that's gonna destroy the game if someone tries to hack with the limited info they'd get from talking about the code? Probably not, at worst someone locally hacks into their own Bronzium drop rates, and they'll just get banned anyway. So what, is a higher up telling them the shiny new community team has to stay locked in the closet until after updates happen?

    They never tell me not to tell you guys. I have an NDA in place for my position. I have to walk a fine line to not violate that, and I do so at my discretion. If I go to far, which I have never gone "too" far, but I got close and had a discussion about that with them, being told that that was getting a little too close to home.

    They always have details they cannot discuss, there are multiple reasons and layers behind that.

    I appreciate you clarifying part of why, thank you so much for all you do by being so active on the forums btw.

    However, there are others on the forums whos job it is to communicate with us. Why do you have to answer every question, or at least 90% of them? And why is the one with the NDA and previous scare under his belt the one sent to talk to all of us? They have a community team with two members active on the forums, and they all have their own dev accounts. You'd think given how active recent threads have been surrounding the updates in the past month and a half that it wouldn't have been that unusual to see @CG_SBCrumb or @CG_Doja_Fett in these threads more than once a month. Especially since @CG_Doja_Fett , bless his heart, is a known active contributor to several threads on a near daily basis.

    There's really only so many excuses that can be made, and you having an NDA still doesn't answer why they choose not to answer us. It just explains why you specifically can't tell us more, and I appreciate that honesty.

    Yeah, I was only clarifying the part you said about me.

    I never know the full story as to why they cant share certain details, just when they can and cant (more or less).

    I am not sent to do anything. I choose to do this. They never tell me to spread the word to the masses. I choose to walk this line, in an effort to help get as much information out there as I can, because as you can see it's always a conspiracy theory about what happening.

    Doja is a beast, but even he has limits, in both his time and the flow of information. As much as we try to funnel this stuff to him and what he does on his own, he is not the answer guy, he just knows the people who are. It still takes time to get Answers for things, and still there are things that he may not be able to share.IDK.


    Yeah I get all that. I just wish one time, in a month when the forums have been exploding with complaints and one of the most popular questions is "why? What's happening and why can't we be told about it?" someone would have come down and explained the process. Start a dev only thread talking us through the process as much as possible without breaking any laws. I don't care how it gets done but I find it hard to believe after such a tumultuous period of these forums practically exploding with questions that Doja has been so busy the entire time that he couldn't take ten minutes to say "This is what happens when you guys have a question and why I can't always get back to you so fast"

    Not trying to disrespect anyone on the grind, you guys are all killing it, mods and CG staff, but you're missing a lot of key opportunities and important questions. This is part of the reason people read between the lines and get so skeptical. I've actually noticed an uptick in "benefit of the doubt" since Doja came in where the first reaction isn't conspiracy theories, but rather honest questions. However when a thread goes on for over a month and garners over a thousand replies with no new info, people naturally get skeptical.

    I get your point, but I dont ever see that happening.

    Not to disrespect anyone, but it also wouldnt matter, as players are going to believe what they want, regardless of the explanation about what can and cant be said and what is or is not going on.

    Yes but at that point, it is genuinely the players fault for believing false information. At this point, we don't even know what is true or false, no one answers our questions.

    The difference is subtle, but the state of the forums and the game would be a lot better if the pessimistic people were actually just conspiracy theorists and not people who have genuine points.

    They have said things, anyone assuming it is false is on them. Anyone saying more doesnt change that. Players will assume what they want to assume.

    Pessimistic people are pessimistic people, and will continue to be so.

    Conspiracy theorists will do what they do.

    You could just take what they are stating at face value, and not assume you are being lied to or that they are covering up ulterior motives. sSure take things with a grain of salt, but without proof they are lying, maybe dont assume they are. Or just dont read what they say at all, if there is no "trust". Many other sources will feed you with thier interpretation of what is being said.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    They say they fixed it, but then stated at the bottom it’s not fixed. Yes, the information is there, which is why I know about it, which is why I am upset. Just be forthright in your communication: “we fixed the but we have yet to find a solution for the full character unlock.” This approach is significantly less deceptive as the language is all located in the same block of text. Not everyone reads everything so it is strategically deceptive. I’m not sure if you’ve ever worked in sales, Kyno, but I sniff this stuff out so easily.

    The real joke is CG continuing to “give us benefits” in the form of nerfs.

    Not reading everything makes what they said deceptive? ... I guess we can agree to disagree on that point.

    Not like, legally deceptive, but in practice yeah. It's the same concept as fine print. Anyone reading purely because they were concerned for the state of Bronziums would've stopped after they read the first text block. Having a separate block makes it so fewer people on the first go around actually read it, it's a legal caveat. Yeah you can't claim you fixed all of something that you didn't fix. But if you leave fine print saying that you didn't actually fix it all, no one is allowed to get mad.

    Not deceptive in a court of law, but deceptive as a business practice. You shouldn't read a contract without a lawyer to watch out for those things for you, I wasn't aware we needed personal lawyers to read dev forum posts.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Still baffles me how for some reason everything has to be hush-hush. We're getting a bit more communication then normal, but whenever we ask a direct (and honest) question, even for clarification on communication they've already done, 9 times out of 10 the answer comes from Kyno saying he talked to them, and about half of those times he says they told him not to tell us. Why is that even an issue? I've never even been answered as to why they won't talk, is it something legal about the Bronzium packs that you literally can't even pay for with real money? Doubtful. Is it a coding issue that's gonna destroy the game if someone tries to hack with the limited info they'd get from talking about the code? Probably not, at worst someone locally hacks into their own Bronzium drop rates, and they'll just get banned anyway. So what, is a higher up telling them the shiny new community team has to stay locked in the closet until after updates happen?

    They never tell me not to tell you guys. I have an NDA in place for my position. I have to walk a fine line to not violate that, and I do so at my discretion. If I go to far, which I have never gone "too" far, but I got close and had a discussion about that with them, being told that that was getting a little too close to home.

    They always have details they cannot discuss, there are multiple reasons and layers behind that.

    I appreciate you clarifying part of why, thank you so much for all you do by being so active on the forums btw.

    However, there are others on the forums whos job it is to communicate with us. Why do you have to answer every question, or at least 90% of them? And why is the one with the NDA and previous scare under his belt the one sent to talk to all of us? They have a community team with two members active on the forums, and they all have their own dev accounts. You'd think given how active recent threads have been surrounding the updates in the past month and a half that it wouldn't have been that unusual to see @CG_SBCrumb or @CG_Doja_Fett in these threads more than once a month. Especially since @CG_Doja_Fett , bless his heart, is a known active contributor to several threads on a near daily basis.

    There's really only so many excuses that can be made, and you having an NDA still doesn't answer why they choose not to answer us. It just explains why you specifically can't tell us more, and I appreciate that honesty.

    Yeah, I was only clarifying the part you said about me.

    I never know the full story as to why they cant share certain details, just when they can and cant (more or less).

    I am not sent to do anything. I choose to do this. They never tell me to spread the word to the masses. I choose to walk this line, in an effort to help get as much information out there as I can, because as you can see it's always a conspiracy theory about what happening.

    Doja is a beast, but even he has limits, in both his time and the flow of information. As much as we try to funnel this stuff to him and what he does on his own, he is not the answer guy, he just knows the people who are. It still takes time to get Answers for things, and still there are things that he may not be able to share.IDK.


    Yeah I get all that. I just wish one time, in a month when the forums have been exploding with complaints and one of the most popular questions is "why? What's happening and why can't we be told about it?" someone would have come down and explained the process. Start a dev only thread talking us through the process as much as possible without breaking any laws. I don't care how it gets done but I find it hard to believe after such a tumultuous period of these forums practically exploding with questions that Doja has been so busy the entire time that he couldn't take ten minutes to say "This is what happens when you guys have a question and why I can't always get back to you so fast"

    Not trying to disrespect anyone on the grind, you guys are all killing it, mods and CG staff, but you're missing a lot of key opportunities and important questions. This is part of the reason people read between the lines and get so skeptical. I've actually noticed an uptick in "benefit of the doubt" since Doja came in where the first reaction isn't conspiracy theories, but rather honest questions. However when a thread goes on for over a month and garners over a thousand replies with no new info, people naturally get skeptical.

    I get your point, but I dont ever see that happening.

    Not to disrespect anyone, but it also wouldnt matter, as players are going to believe what they want, regardless of the explanation about what can and cant be said and what is or is not going on.

    Yes but at that point, it is genuinely the players fault for believing false information. At this point, we don't even know what is true or false, no one answers our questions.

    The difference is subtle, but the state of the forums and the game would be a lot better if the pessimistic people were actually just conspiracy theorists and not people who have genuine points.

    They have said things, anyone assuming it is false is on them. Anyone saying more doesnt change that. Players will assume what they want to assume.

    Pessimistic people are pessimistic people, and will continue to be so.

    Conspiracy theorists will do what they do.

    You could just take what they are stating at face value, and not assume you are being lied to or that they are covering up ulterior motives. sSure take things with a grain of salt, but without proof they are lying, maybe dont assume they are. Or just dont read what they say at all, if there is no "trust". Many other sources will feed you with thier interpretation of what is being said.

    I do take what they say at face value. What they said was "we listened to the community! Here's a 20% fix on an issue, happy anniversary."

    "Okay, great! Thanks, I appreciate what you've said! Now where's the other 80%?"

    *radio silence*

    "Hmmmm.....maybe they don't want us to know about the 80% for some reason?"

    *CONSPIRACY*
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    They say they fixed it, but then stated at the bottom it’s not fixed. Yes, the information is there, which is why I know about it, which is why I am upset. Just be forthright in your communication: “we fixed the but we have yet to find a solution for the full character unlock.” This approach is significantly less deceptive as the language is all located in the same block of text. Not everyone reads everything so it is strategically deceptive. I’m not sure if you’ve ever worked in sales, Kyno, but I sniff this stuff out so easily.

    The real joke is CG continuing to “give us benefits” in the form of nerfs.

    Not reading everything makes what they said deceptive? ... I guess we can agree to disagree on that point.

    Not like, legally deceptive, but in practice yeah. It's the same concept as fine print. Anyone reading purely because they were concerned for the state of Bronziums would've stopped after they read the first text block. Having a separate block makes it so fewer people on the first go around actually read it, it's a legal caveat. Yeah you can't claim you fixed all of something that you didn't fix. But if you leave fine print saying that you didn't actually fix it all, no one is allowed to get mad.

    Not deceptive in a court of law, but deceptive as a business practice. You shouldn't read a contract without a lawyer to watch out for those things for you, I wasn't aware we needed personal lawyers to read dev forum posts.

    This...all of this.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Still baffles me how for some reason everything has to be hush-hush. We're getting a bit more communication then normal, but whenever we ask a direct (and honest) question, even for clarification on communication they've already done, 9 times out of 10 the answer comes from Kyno saying he talked to them, and about half of those times he says they told him not to tell us. Why is that even an issue? I've never even been answered as to why they won't talk, is it something legal about the Bronzium packs that you literally can't even pay for with real money? Doubtful. Is it a coding issue that's gonna destroy the game if someone tries to hack with the limited info they'd get from talking about the code? Probably not, at worst someone locally hacks into their own Bronzium drop rates, and they'll just get banned anyway. So what, is a higher up telling them the shiny new community team has to stay locked in the closet until after updates happen?

    They never tell me not to tell you guys. I have an NDA in place for my position. I have to walk a fine line to not violate that, and I do so at my discretion. If I go to far, which I have never gone "too" far, but I got close and had a discussion about that with them, being told that that was getting a little too close to home.

    They always have details they cannot discuss, there are multiple reasons and layers behind that.

    I appreciate you clarifying part of why, thank you so much for all you do by being so active on the forums btw.

    However, there are others on the forums whos job it is to communicate with us. Why do you have to answer every question, or at least 90% of them? And why is the one with the NDA and previous scare under his belt the one sent to talk to all of us? They have a community team with two members active on the forums, and they all have their own dev accounts. You'd think given how active recent threads have been surrounding the updates in the past month and a half that it wouldn't have been that unusual to see @CG_SBCrumb or @CG_Doja_Fett in these threads more than once a month. Especially since @CG_Doja_Fett , bless his heart, is a known active contributor to several threads on a near daily basis.

    There's really only so many excuses that can be made, and you having an NDA still doesn't answer why they choose not to answer us. It just explains why you specifically can't tell us more, and I appreciate that honesty.

    Yeah, I was only clarifying the part you said about me.

    I never know the full story as to why they cant share certain details, just when they can and cant (more or less).

    I am not sent to do anything. I choose to do this. They never tell me to spread the word to the masses. I choose to walk this line, in an effort to help get as much information out there as I can, because as you can see it's always a conspiracy theory about what happening.

    Doja is a beast, but even he has limits, in both his time and the flow of information. As much as we try to funnel this stuff to him and what he does on his own, he is not the answer guy, he just knows the people who are. It still takes time to get Answers for things, and still there are things that he may not be able to share.IDK.


    Yeah I get all that. I just wish one time, in a month when the forums have been exploding with complaints and one of the most popular questions is "why? What's happening and why can't we be told about it?" someone would have come down and explained the process. Start a dev only thread talking us through the process as much as possible without breaking any laws. I don't care how it gets done but I find it hard to believe after such a tumultuous period of these forums practically exploding with questions that Doja has been so busy the entire time that he couldn't take ten minutes to say "This is what happens when you guys have a question and why I can't always get back to you so fast"

    Not trying to disrespect anyone on the grind, you guys are all killing it, mods and CG staff, but you're missing a lot of key opportunities and important questions. This is part of the reason people read between the lines and get so skeptical. I've actually noticed an uptick in "benefit of the doubt" since Doja came in where the first reaction isn't conspiracy theories, but rather honest questions. However when a thread goes on for over a month and garners over a thousand replies with no new info, people naturally get skeptical.

    I get your point, but I dont ever see that happening.

    Not to disrespect anyone, but it also wouldnt matter, as players are going to believe what they want, regardless of the explanation about what can and cant be said and what is or is not going on.

    Yes but at that point, it is genuinely the players fault for believing false information. At this point, we don't even know what is true or false, no one answers our questions.

    The difference is subtle, but the state of the forums and the game would be a lot better if the pessimistic people were actually just conspiracy theorists and not people who have genuine points.

    They have said things, anyone assuming it is false is on them. Anyone saying more doesnt change that. Players will assume what they want to assume.

    Pessimistic people are pessimistic people, and will continue to be so.

    Conspiracy theorists will do what they do.

    You could just take what they are stating at face value, and not assume you are being lied to or that they are covering up ulterior motives. sSure take things with a grain of salt, but without proof they are lying, maybe dont assume they are. Or just dont read what they say at all, if there is no "trust". Many other sources will feed you with thier interpretation of what is being said.

    Also, I don't just assume they're lying, I ask questions that go unanswered. Like I said, the forums have had a huge uptick in "benefit of the doubt" since Doja came in. No one immediately jumps to wild claims anymore.

    Now in the vein of proof, if we're talking legal proof, there isn't a character witness in the world that would say CG's record with communications entitles them to be immune from criticism. They've lied or misled or "not the whole truth"d us before, if they don't prove otherwise it is a reasonable assumption that they haven't changed their ways.

    That's not what I do, but I'm just saying I 100% support people that choose to behave that way right now because CG has given us no reason to believe otherwise. Low information with no questions answered and given to us in roundabout or misleading fashions is just as bad as a huge information dump riddled with lies or stuff they walk back on. They have made essentially no changes yet, and we're still giving them the benefit of the doubt.
Sign In or Register to comment.