Anniversary rewards!

Replies

• Same response to the people demanding that the government pay off their student loans when anothers already have: they went through hell to do it so hell no

Earning things with work > instant gratification

Bit different than student loans. Pretty sure most people that have had to use them agree it’s ridiculous

LMAOOOOO but, SWGOH is evolving. You saying that is the equivalent in saying they should not do double drops for characters since others never got that. Irrelevant argument. 500 GET a month isn’t game changing & still would take awhile to accumulate. With HODA & Wampa needed for Jedi Luke, on top of saving for Malak/GAS that seems nearly unattainable.
  • Same response to the people demanding that the government pay off their student loans when anothers already have: they went through hell to do it so hell no

Instant Gratification? I’m not asking CG to give me 70k instantly. I’m asking for like a monthly 500 through galactic challenges. That way I can save up from TB’s and also begin accumulating extra for another character/ship in the store. Stop being so simple minded, this game is evolving. Double shards are a thing, bundles are a thing, so why can’t GET currency be a thing?
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    No.

It’s not fair on the others who had to use the hard way. Why would you want to get it the easy way. It’s supposed to encourage teamwork within a guild.

Spend your GET sensibly. You don’t get the right to demand top notch toons straightaway so you can use on other people who had to do it the hard way.
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    No.

It’s not fair on the others who had to use the hard way. Why would you want to get it the easy way.

Spend your GET sensibly.

So by your logic CG should not do double drops? Or CG should not have bundles for people to buy that are new? Wake up. This game is about money. Without it, there would be no game. I’m not asking for 70k, but an extra 500-1K a month, would not hurt anyone, still would be a long grind.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Still nope.

Everyone benefits from double drops. They get extra shards to spend in the shard store if they desire. And double drops events doesn’t happen often. The new update double shards drops aren’t for legendary toons or ships.

Nobody in their right mind would buy excess shards in GET stores.

Or nobody in their right minds, apart from you, would be happy to spend £10/$10 for just a thousand GET tokens.
  • Literally any additional GET currency income to "catch up" other players hurts everyone that earned it the slow way
  • Literally any additional GET currency income to "catch up" other players hurts everyone that earned it the slow way

Well so does double drops. So does P2P. That’s the game we are in. Why double drop journey characters (Mission, Zalbar, Carth, Etc.) if you’re going to keep the same GET currency requirements? Doesn’t make much sense. Only difference is more & more people will hit the barrier and be stuck for months. Terrible thought process behind the mechanics of getting Malak/GAS that’s why full 7* unlocks are better.
  • Extra guild activities gives you a goal to get more GET tokens. If you can buy them, then nobody would have the need to do the guild activities.

Working towards getting gas or Malak 7* shouldn’t be instant just because you want it.

If you want that, then this game isn’t for you.
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    Extra guild activities gives you a goal to get more GET tokens. If you can buy them, then nobody would have the need to do the guild activities.

Working towards getting gas or Malak 7* shouldn’t be instant just because you want it.

I have been playing the game probably longer than you have. I’m giving a realistic scenario where CG could improve on. And 500-1K a month of GET currency wouldn’t be game changing where nobody would contribute to their guild. Obviously you do not know how it works.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    @AyyJake

You also get GET from HSTR. Hopefully both GET currencies will be rewards for new Rancor tiers. Also, if you’ve been playing a long time, GET shouldn’t be an issue. 7* Malak and GAS are very achievable in about 3-6 months after unlock. Or save up.
  • @Konju i took a long break from this game before ships were released. Came back now I have both Revans & waiting on GET to reach 70k before doing Malak event. I have around 40k now, but this post is for everyone not just me. With double shards for mission, Z, and Carth, etc this issue is going to hit more & more people and they will feel stuck and lose interest a month or two in. I’m thinking for the broad scope, not personal gain.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I understand, I don’t see it being an issue for new players. I have a decent main account with JML, but I run a low level account as an alternate (just 1.6M GP account helps me give better advice etc. to new players). The farm for DR or JKR is not quick. The farm to unlock Malak is not quick. Even half the time (due to double drops) is not quick. New whales aside, if a player makes it to JKR or DR and then quits, it’s more than just waiting on Malak to inform the decision to quit.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Basically the wait is long for most things in the game. It’s just built into these types of games. Would better rewards help, sure, absolutely. If quitting due to waiting is an option for the individual, then this was already the wrong game for them (unless they are wealthy).

My main point being that hopefully the new Rancor tiers will provide what you are looking for.
  • GET is meant to be a time wall you generally cannot spend to get past. HYoda/Wampa and Negotiator/Malevolence are all time consuming to get, and accruing enough GET for GAS/Malak if you do choose. Nothing wrong with that.

On the topic of double drops, I don’t have an issue with that. Even if they are for characters I already have.
  • I agree that GET being raised is a bad proposition for the health of the guild system and the end-game economy.

However everyone using the excuse "we had to go through it, it would be unfair for us" is being childish.

The game is being updated, that inherently means things are different from how they used to be. No change is off the table unless it is verifiably a bad idea.

And there are enough reasons that we should take a GET change off the table, but being grumpy about "back in my day" is not one of those reasons.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2309 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Do I think they could increase GET rewards for TB and TW? Sure, within a certain threshold before the amount is ridiculous. But do I agree that there should be packs you could purchase to get more GET? Absolutely not. Kinda beats the whole purpose for GET if you could just open your wallet instead of grinding through it.

GET stands for Guild Event Tokens, which means it’s something you earn with your guild. So to have them added to personal Galactic Challenges, as the OP had suggested, is also kinda beating the purpose of what GET is for..
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    AyyJake wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »
    Extra guild activities gives you a goal to get more GET tokens. If you can buy them, then nobody would have the need to do the guild activities.

I have been playing the game probably longer than you have. I’m giving a realistic scenario where CG could improve on. And 500-1K a month of GET currency wouldn’t be game changing where nobody would contribute to their guild. Obviously you do not know how it works.

I have played this game since it came out. So can’t be longer than me. So good try on your part trying to play “I’ve played this longer than you” card.

I got Wampa 7* and HYoda 7* just last year.
  • I got Malak straight away by saving up while I worked on getting Drevan, and maybe a week later I had both. Been doing the same to get GAS and guess what, I have more than enough to get him when I'm ready. And I can spend on gear. It's not really that hard to hoard.
  • For what it's worth, I've been playing since last February. I have GAS, Malak, Wampa, and Hoda at seven stars, and am starting to build my GET back up. I just barely spent anything on gear, since I knew the toons were important to me.

Don’t pretend you speak for everyone.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • As far as more guild event tokens—eff those who call them anything “for the casuals” 🙄🙄🙄—or more shards per token or whatever. Sure, cool. I don’t care.

I have Malevolence, Negotiator, Hermit Yoda, Wampa, and Malak at 7*, General Skywalker is at I think 55/100. I don’t care. Give out free stuff or more get or whatever people are whining about. It’s a game. I farmed my stuff the hard way, but I’m not going to pretend it means anything.... I didn’t “work” for it. I work in a warehouse doing shipping, not on a video game.

Get a life if you want to kvetch about this kind of stuff.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • What does GET1 have to do with the anniversary?
  • CirdanTS wrote: »
    What does GET1 have to do with the anniversary?

This whole argument started by me giving a way for CG to implement a SMALL change in GET currency. Mainly targeted for the players who are mid game who maybe spent the GET on ships/regular characters/gear that didn’t realize how valuable that currency was. It’s a huge setback. When I came back to the game this January, I didn’t realize how important the currency was. I played this game since the release, I don’t care for the long grind, I’m offering a resolution towards a SMALL increase on a monthly GET rewards, and people only took the negatives out of it, not the positive outlooks.
  • @khdelboy so have I. I quit this game before ships came out due to it being stale, (also before Grand Arena was a thing) so I’m an OG on this game too. But stop taking only the negatives, this game has been moving in a great direction. The whole “buy a bundle for GET” it can be a bundle that gives a certain amount for the whole guild. Tap Sports Baseball has that for Gold. But you only take the negative aspects. You’re a grump, get over it.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I think the new Rancor raid tiers will give both currencies. It sounds quite challenging and TB gives out GET2. Sith raid also gives out GET1. I hope it does. And I hope those currencies do help younger players. I made that mistake using my GET currencies toward lesser farms and having to wait on 7* Malak/GAS. I do understand where you are coming from.

I just don’t think that buying GET from a pack would enhance guild achievement or solidarity. I think guilds are a big thing holding this game together for a lot of players. I think CG might know that and wants to encourage guild activities to strengthen the overall health of the game. If there were incentives given to all guild members, maybe, but they haven’t done anything like that yet.
  • AyyJake wrote: »
    CirdanTS wrote: »
    What does GET1 have to do with the anniversary?

This whole argument started by me giving a way for CG to implement a SMALL change in GET currency. Mainly targeted for the players who are mid game who maybe spent the GET on ships/regular characters/gear that didn’t realize how valuable that currency was. It’s a huge setback. When I came back to the game this January, I didn’t realize how important the currency was. I played this game since the release, I don’t care for the long grind, I’m offering a resolution towards a SMALL increase on a monthly GET rewards, and people only took the negatives out of it, not the positive outlooks.

I still don't see how that relates to this thread.
  • All of you guys saying that is "not fair" to speed up the process on GET currency is all whining

Waaa waaa, I don't want new players to get my new toys faster than I did

You must be the same kind of person who complains when a game goes free to play / available for free for a limited time after X amount of years of being in the market

You know what you got from that time?
    Well, you were the pioneers on having those characters, really affects you that much if they speed up the process on getting GET?

I still consider absurd some kind of pack for the GET however...

And, for the record, I have a 55/100 GAS, 7* Malak, 7* HODA and 100 Wampa shards, so yeah, I may benefit from this, but I'm also not a starter in the game
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    AyyJake wrote: »
    Larx wrote: »
    I think its fine as it is. Sure, its a struggle between spending on gear or shards, but on a decent guild u get GET quite fast

Yeah I’m not necessarily complaining on my end, but I can see if you’re new to SWGOH in 2020 how it seems impossible. Just a thought for CG to consider. If they implemented a 500 GET a month I don’t see how it could hurt. It would also ease the G12 gearing process for new characters.

Sure, i see it wont hurt anyone, but it will hurt New Players a lot.
    GET 1 & GET2 is meant for players who understand this game and develop their toons with strategy.

When i started this game, i didnt knew anything about currency, usefulness, shards, etc.
    I had to slowly learn.

If you start this game from your point of experience, you would want malak, GAS or anyone else very fast. But as a new player, not knowing how mechanics work u will get frustrated because you think you have to get everything - RIGHT NOW!

i have an alt with 1.6 MioGP - Shaak Team R5-R7 and DR R1-R5 ( no Malak ) - hell yeah, GAC is real fun! But: i knew what i did, and what i wanted.

a new player would have a much deeper roster and is more competitve to players with same knowledge.

GET1 shouldnt be only for vets, but i really think they shouldnt bloat the GET1 income. it would hurt this game more than you think. it wont help new players more than vets. it helps vets more than new players.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    none

Nice try, but wrong. See you next year.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH