Bounty hunter/Scoundrel & Bounty Payouts

The bounty hunters have always been a problem because their Payouts are too hard trigger without the essential BH characters on one team. I've thought for a while now that a great solution would be to allow scoundrels to contribute to bounty payouts. It would help to utilize the scoundrel faction more, and allow players to make multiple good teams with BH leaders, and have more fun with their abilities. I thought that maybe The Mandalorian characters would bring this feature so we could make more viable teams with good synergy. But since this hasn't been added, it would be a great idea for the devs to consider so using these factions would be more fun

Replies

• If you use bobas leader contract which is the first enemy is killed it’s activated is an easy contract in my opinion to activate payouts more often
  • Yea but there are a lot of cool ones that you just cant really utilize the way it's set up now. It would be a lot more fun if scoundrels could contribute. One of the main problems is there just aren't enough tanks. And think about it, Mando and Cara would actually have synergy. It would just be a fun thing to add for the factions, that would also be in line with the lore.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    I would love that but it's highly doubtful they'll do it
  • It would but knowing CG they probably won’t change it
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    The (insert any faction here) have always been a problem because their Payouts are too hard trigger without the essential (above mentioned faction) characters on one team. I've thought for a while now that a great solution would be to (farm the relevant characters)

There. I helped your quote above.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Or did you
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • @Mephisto_style The bounty hunter faction is the only one that has the (payout) function. So no you cant (insert any faction here). And payouts dont just activate their leadership abilities, but also their unique, and sometimes even a whole ability.

And you cant use any of it without a very specific BH squad...
    @Mephisto_style The bounty hunter faction is the only one that has the (payout) function. So no you cant (insert any faction here). And payouts dont just activate their leadership abilities, but also their unique, and sometimes even a whole ability.

And you cant use any of it without a very specific BH squad...

Yeah, you missed the point. You said, "their Payouts are too hard trigger without the essential BH characters on one team." Every team in the game has essential characters. That's how this whole thing works. BH are used offensively in GAC pretty much against NS. Which is fine because zombie usually goes 1st and dies 1st anyway. Bossk or Boba lead can be good there. Drop Assaj or Talzin out of a NS team and you gimp the team. IDK, what you wrote sounded like a guised cry about farming essential toons. Maybe I am wrong.
  • You're definitely wrong. You're not recognizing how limited this faction becomes with the payouts. A good example is 3v3 how the heck are you supposed to activate them then?
  • They definitely struggle in 3v3 because of the contract mechanic. Boba Fett's may be the only contract that isn't affected by the drop in bounty hunters. All others struggle. The hardest part about BHs is that you need mass assists to get more attacks against bounty targets (except Zam's and Aurra's contracts). Until recently, Bossk was your best tool for fulfilling contracts. Now we have Greef, but that still leaves at least a whole team of BHs without a lot of assists to get their payouts.
  • @Budgernaut Definitely need the mass assist. I was thinking about it even more, I said you needed the core BH characters to pull it off. But in reality you have no hope of doing it without Bossk.

Also the thing that is frustrating is that the BH faction desperately needed another tank. Then CG brought IG-11 (who is a bounty hunter droid, and yes a BOUNTY HUNTER) but just chose not to give him the tag!?
  • I dont understand these decisions??? You cant even use most of the Mandalonrian series characters as a team? This could all be fixed by simply allowing scoundrels to contribute to bounties. It would fit the lore, and create a ton of fun theory crafting possibilities!
  • Yeah, that's an interesting proposal, because the scoundrels still wouldn't bemefit from payouts and lack a contract that nedds to be fulfilled, so you lose some of that power by having fewer contracts but you get the BH contracts faster or more reliably.

I think Mando messes it up, though, because I think they want his disintegration locked to Bounty Hunter teams.
    @Budgernaut Definitely need the mass assist. I was thinking about it even more, I said you needed the core BH characters to pull it off. But in reality you have no hope of doing it without Bossk.

Also the thing that is frustrating is that the BH faction desperately needed another tank. Then CG brought IG-11 (who is a bounty hunter droid, and yes a BOUNTY HUNTER) but just chose not to give him the tag!?

The IG11 incarnation isnt a Bounty Hunter anymore - the BH IG11 gets killed quickly (spoiler). The one we have in the game is rebuild from kuill to protect the "child".

But yes - CG should still add the BH Tag to give BHs another tank (clearly need, its all about Bossk...) and also give something for the IG88 lead payout! (to even have an option to get it activated with another BH Droid! in a Droid/Scroundel Team). @Kyno

Currently a missed chance for BH... (and the whole Mando Squad!)

• Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Aurra can get her payout absurdly fast. Dengar can also hit a very fast payout. Jango rounds out fast payouts. Because Greef and Bossk call full team assists and Dengar, Boba, Jango do AoEs getting to BH payouts quickly is pretty easy. Generally setting the speeds on a BH team is important so you can setup the Payout by using skills in the proper order.

BTW always put Jango as the last member of the team so his double shot is more likely to land when Greef and Bossk calls for the team assists.
    Post edited by Straegen on
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Straegen wrote: »
    Aayla can get her payout absurdly fast. Dengar can also hit a very fast payout. Jango rounds out fast payouts. Because Greef and Bossk call full team assists and Dengar, Boba, Jango do AoEs getting to BH payouts quickly is pretty easy. Generally setting the speeds on a BH team is important so you can setup the Payout by using skills in the proper order.

BTW always put Jango as the last member of the team so his double shot is more likely to land when Greef and Bossk calls for the team assists.

Aayla is a bounty hunter now?
  • There are a lot of scoundrels. They would have to do a lot of thinking about unwanted interactions. Too expensive
  • Budgernaut wrote: »
    Yeah, that's an interesting proposal, because the scoundrels still wouldn't bemefit from payouts and lack a contract that nedds to be fulfilled, so you lose some of that power by having fewer contracts but you get the BH contracts faster or more reliably.

I think Mando messes it up, though, because I think they want his disintegration locked to Bounty Hunter teams.

Exactly, it does balance itself out. And with Mando theres just no way to get his special without a full BH squad. There is absolutely zero synergy with the other Mando characters, I just dont get it!? And I still cant believe IG-11 isnt a BH
  • There are a lot of scoundrels. They would have to do a lot of thinking about unwanted interactions. Too expensive

With the scoundrels not getting the payout/leadership bonuses it's not that big of a problem. And work or not they should do it. There is like zero synergy with the Mando characters!?
  • Yes scroundels dont need "Payouts" but it would be good if the add something - at least adjust Mando Squad to get his Payout activated with or without IG11 (but add BH tag to IG11 would be nice even WITHOUT his own payout)
  • Allowing scoundrels to contribute to bounties would be a great way to make the faction more fun, that's all I'm saying. Theres just so much cool stuff they can do, but you can only realistically run one team at a time, it kinda sucks. All those abilities just sit on the shelf
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Budgernaut wrote: »
    Boba Fett's may be the only contract that isn't affected by the drop in bounty hunters.

Even then, you have to make sure a BH is the one that gets the kill, or it won't count.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png