SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• WattoisSnoke
    244 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    You know one thing springs to mind that would make Sidious much more useful, as suggested earlier, boost his defence massively based on potency but on top of this... make his leadership a unique instead? Would quickly boost Sith offence. Imagine Vader gaining 2% offence every critical hit... ooft. On top of this, they’d all gain extra CC and extra CD. Easy rework for him. Wouldn’t fix SEE but would help damage a little.
  • SEE should have been what Vader is today: a DEVASTATING attacker that just need a supporting crew around him to succeed on offense while not being a brick wall on defence.

For me there's no point in stopping the farm now since only krennic is left from the trash department, but it sucks knowing that at the end of the journey all i'm getting is disappointment. Lesson learned to wait until testing is done.
  • Devastating attacker SEE vs. other Sith.

The special AoE is decent but not nearly as much as other GLs AoE.

The basic is underwhelming.

vtuq1c3qk3al.jpg
    owl3m1zq4z1s.jpg
    ilfeytyj4t1k.jpg
  • Btw, in above mirror fight I almost LOST vs. the Non-ult SEE because enemy SEE kept gaining protection with his special ability (the one that my SEE loses when he transforms). And my SEE could barely damage him enough to keep up with his protection gain.

Another bad mechanic.
  • LordDunbar wrote: »
    Btw, in above mirror fight I almost LOST vs. the Non-ult SEE because enemy SEE kept gaining protection with his special ability (the one that my SEE loses when he transforms). And my SEE could barely damage him enough to keep up with his protection gain.

Another bad mechanic.

It's almost like using his ultimate WEAKENS HIM AND IS A WASTE OF TIME.
    Btw, in above mirror fight I almost LOST vs. the Non-ult SEE because enemy SEE kept gaining protection with his special ability (the one that my SEE loses when he transforms). And my SEE could barely damage him enough to keep up with his protection gain.

Another bad mechanic.

What a mess his kit is. Good grief. 🤦‍♂️
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    Devastating attacker SEE vs. other Sith.

The special AoE is decent but not nearly as much as other GLs AoE.

The basic is underwhelming.

ilfeytyj4t1k.jpg

Thank you for this graphic depiction of old men farting on each other.
    Post edited by dgree on
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    SEE boasts that he is all sith. So if that’s the case then his ultimate should have been something like this.
    - Ultimate is usable straight away. Once you transform into ultimate you kill all remaining sith (just sith) and gain all their stats. Cant be targeted while in ultimate unless he is the only character. Can’t take a turn for 10 turns but once over all enemies including GL die from lightning blast.
  • This is real devastation

jm65sn7fdgmg.png
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    SEE boasts that he is all sith. So if that’s the case then his ultimate should have been something like this.
    - Ultimate is usable straight away. Once you transform into ultimate you kill all remaining sith (just sith) and gain all their stats. Cant be targeted while in ultimate unless he is the only character. Can’t take a turn for 10 turns but once over all enemies including GL die from lightning blast.

As much as that makes sense, I don't like it because it destroys banners in TW and GAC
  • Some method of a stat share on death could be good. Perhaps Sith allies gain Max Health / Max Prot equal to that of the defeated Sith ally... that would make Nihilus incredibly scary to a lot of teams.
  • WattoisSnoke
    244 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Some method of a stat share on death could be good. Perhaps Sith allies gain Max Health / Max Prot equal to that of the defeated Sith ally... that would make Nihilus incredibly scary to a lot of teams.

I think a watered down 5’s stat share would work... by the time SEE is the only one left, oh boy

• I’m starting to think there is just a little something missing and it’s intended. What if there is sith acolyte type in Mandalorian this season? Slap a sith tag on them and make them a tank. That could complete the SEE team.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    I’m starting to think there is just a little something missing and it’s intended. What if there is sith acolyte type in Mandalorian this season? Slap a sith tag on them and make them a tank. That could complete the SEE team.

The best Sith tank in the game still couldn’t make up for his kits shortcomings. He himself needs work.
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    I’m starting to think there is just a little something missing and it’s intended.
    The lack of communication over this long period of time tells me thats indeed how it is - its all intended.
    Probably the single purpose of SEE is to be Jedi counter, his kit screams "We dont want him to be strong on his own" - no sith revive, no +50% dmg on attacks, losing zetas effects on ultimate, half of his abilities dont work or work poorly vs Dark side enemies. And his link is useless vs 1 enemy or when enemy team has weak taunt that dies instantly.
    I think if CG wanted something to be done - at least they would say it. Seems like they intended to create a GL that requires 14 relic (and 5 of them r7) and that sucks vs half of the existing current teams (from s to b tiers)
  • HolicFan wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    I’m starting to think there is just a little something missing and it’s intended.
    The lack of communication over this long period of time tells me thats indeed how it is - its all intended.
    Probably the single purpose of SEE is to be Jedi counter

And he can't even kill JML under bastila lead with wat. Lol.

HolicFan wrote: »
    Probably the single purpose of SEE is to be Jedi counter

HolicFan wrote: »
    Probably the single purpose of SEE is to be Jedi counter, his kit screams "We dont want him to be strong on his own" - no sith revive, no +50% dmg on attacks, losing zetas effects on ultimate, half of his abilities dont work or work poorly vs Dark side enemies. And his link is useless vs 1 enemy or when enemy team has weak taunt that dies instantly.
    I think if CG wanted something to be done - at least they would say it. Seems like they intended to create a GL that requires 14 relic (and 5 of them r7) and that sucks vs half of the existing current teams (from s to b tiers)

Honestly at this point newer players and mid-level players should just be advised to stay away from SEE and go for one of the other 3 GL's.... and current SEE owners should look elsewhere... whether that's other games, reimbursement for false advertising, or just doing their own thing.

CG with their silence says everything. They don't care or him being pretty much a low legendary tier character was intended.... Which is sad cause the kit had promise.

Indeed. What a joke.
  • I thought I would post this here to reach the right audience. Here is an SEE counter to SLKR with double tanks that seems reliable so far. The idea came from Craig Skywalker on my shard. It is similar to a DR counter I've been using for a while. Unlike the other cou term I've tried, this one actually improves with SEE.

Key points:
    You want brute to die from the first kill so that GBA can survive the AOE. This means give GBA protection and speed. When I gave him too much health, the brute survived then health equalization .are them both too weak.

Make sure Hux goes before BSF and DR.

It is good if BSF goes before DR but not necessary. It gives you an extra shot at biff immunity.

Once you clear taunts, fracture SLKR and go all in. Use crowd control as needed. Dont let sith trooper cleanse debuffs. You will not reach ultimate for, so this works just as well before you unlock the ultimate.

I don't think this single counter minimizes the valid concerns raised in this thread. Tweaks definitely need to be made. But hopefully this can help climbing go a bit smoother.

https://youtu.be/4R0ll9h3S9k

PS. Sorry but there's no sound. Maybe I will annotate it in the future.

• Mandelbro wrote: »
    I thought I would post this here to reach the right audience. Here is an SEE counter to SLKR with double tanks that seems reliable so far. The idea came from Craig Skywalker on my shard. It is similar to a DR counter I've been using for a while. Unlike the other cou term I've tried, this one actually improves with SEE.

Key points:
    You want brute to die from the first kill so that GBA can survive the AOE. This means give GBA protection and speed. When I gave him too much health, the brute survived then health equalization .are them both too weak.

Make sure Hux goes before BSF and DR.

It is good if BSF goes before DR but not necessary. It gives you an extra shot at biff immunity.

Once you clear taunts, fracture SLKR and go all in. Use crowd control as needed. Dont let sith trooper cleanse debuffs. You will not reach ultimate for, so this works just as well before you unlock the ultimate.

I don't think this single counter minimizes the valid concerns raised in this thread. Tweaks definitely need to be made. But hopefully this can help climbing go a bit smoother.

https://youtu.be/4R0ll9h3S9k

PS. Sorry but there's no sound. Maybe I will annotate it in the future.

Appreciate the counter advice. Unfortunately just watching that, I can it requires a lot to go right precisely, with precise turn order. SLKR was a breadth away from turning all of that around and ending it. It's definitely good to see something that SEE users can attempt for climbing over SLKR.

As a SEE owner I would definitely advise people away from investing unless you want the character for the collection or trying to maximize things like squad arenas/GAC/TW. Otherwise literally the other 3 are going to net you way better results and feel like GL's. I do agree with some of the above posts and with Mando season in full swing, anniversary stuff going on, then the holidays, it is probably hoped this character just gets forgotten.

Currently I can use SEE against 85% efficient JML teams with any lead BUT Bast with Wat. There is someone in my shard that runes JKR lead with wat/JML that can cause trouble too, however it's more so all his characters are pretty well maxed and his mods are pretty insane. If I do this it's usually to not getting GAS or JKL down before my team is deleted besides SEE. Outside of that Rey is running about 50/50, but whirlwind is just so hard to contend with half the time. SLKR I run about 20% chance of beating. I have to delete TM/SLKR before ult or its a no go.

Good luck to all those that farmed him. I'm not going to reverse anything, or stop playing. My error was purchasing something from a mobile service with an expectation. That's on me, and it will definitely prevent me from rushing anything again out of my pocket.
  • Everything people are saying about devastated expectations and SEE not feeling like a GL at all are spot-on. One of the kickers here though--a side note, really--is that even if we accept the false premise that this is a "rock paper scissors" thing, SEE was supposed to be good at beating JML. That was apparently supposed to be his niche, even if SEE isn't at all necessary for beating JML and SEE's weakness-filled kit is too focused on exploiting JML's weaknesses. But JML owners were able to overcome his weaknesses, and with the bastila/wat setup it looks like SLKR is far better than SEE. So SEE doesn't even excel in his niche.

SEE is an all-around failure. I know it's hard to admit that the attempt to balance SEE by making him super weak was totally flawed, but a lot about SEE's theme is fun and creative and it'd be a shame to let that go to waste simply due to some commitment (whatever the reason) to making SEE a total dud.
  • MikKro wrote: »
    SEE should have been what Vader is today: a DEVASTATING attacker that just need a supporting crew around him to succeed on offense while not being a brick wall on defence.

I disagree, lore-wise Palpatine is the ultimate sith sorcerer, as opposed to a sith following the warrior creed, like say Maul or Malak. So they're really onto something with his kit. However, the essential parts missing from his kit are the ones where he keeps his meat shields alive, instead of only the opposite.

What's the point of having all this knowledge over life and death that some might consider unnatural if you're not going to use it to keep your human shields intact when **** hits the fan??

Anyways I'm getting him regardless, only missing Piett and bloody Krennic at their respective relic levels now, and even if SEE kinda sucks right now, his kit and lead is sith centered unlike with previous GLs, meaning that all sith released from here-on will in theory be affected by his leadership. This is, quite honestly, amazingly delicious, and I love that CG did this with Luke and ol' gramps.

In regards to future sith, I'd say we're still likely to see Darth Malgus at some point, who is very likely to be a tank, being an accomplished warrior-juggernaut in lore. Also since we already have generic sith marauders and assassins, it would also make sense to give us sith juggernaut and sorcerer. So there's potential for two more tanks possibly protection-based, and finally a sith healer, with lots of opportunities for fun mechanics.

One can dream. Anyways SEE does need a buff unless we get new sith toons real soon. Or so the internet has persuaded me.
  • SEE's kit is Sith-centered, but SLKR does more for DS, Sith included, than SEE does.

SEE:
    • Speed
    • Bonus mastery
    • Very modest mastery increases if the Sith allies even survive
    • Protection recovery for a generally HP-based faction
    • Reduced damage from one enemy attacker unless it's a GL

SLKR:
    • Speed
    • Bonus mastery
    • Crit immunity against all enemies including GLs
    • Critical Damage bonus
    • Advantage plus CD Up for attackers, permataunt for tanks, mad TM gain for support
    • Max HP/Prot gain from TM removal
    • Everything SLKR does on his own--permastunning an enemy on start, cleansing debuffs, murdering everyone
  • All in all, he needs to properly control the battlefield pre ultimate by greatly buffing Sith allies (including a lot of bonus health and protection to tanks), properly affecting enemies with link (including GL’s - and being able to ignore taunt to inflict), have him take a bonus turn when a linked enemy dies with links cool down reset, be able to link single enemies and having deceived do even more against deceived enemies, stack his damage and perhaps stat steal from linked enemies AND selected allies (perhaps leeching linked enemies Offence down to a max of 50% while he becomes stronger). Then, when he gets to ultimate, the enemy players should **** themselves with the damage he does. His AOE needs to have a much shorter cool down and do more damage to GL’s. Oh and remove all his faction based damage restrictions, it’s a bad design.
  • @WattoisSnoke sounds pretty close to my suggestions but without the bullet points. I approve!
  • Can CG finally tell us if they are going to do any change with SEE’s kit ?
    All we need is an answer like yes or no
  • CG’s attitude to SEE owner was just like a fxxk boy,imagine if SEE is the relationship,they couldn’t give a single promise,but also they afraid if they said no,SEE owners will quit the game.
  • CG’s attitude to SEE owner was just like a fxxk boy,imagine if SEE is the relationship,they couldn’t give a single promise,but also they afraid if they said no,SEE owners will quit the game.

More like demand refunds or roll back on gearing characters.

I'm a severe DS fan and even i would ungear my SEE, krennic and CRAP worthless requirements and get JML instantly.
  • i7vvgfkrg4kh.gif
    na4p3jyj5zxo.gif
    It's things like this that make non SEE owners say "I'm glad I didn't whale on this."
This discussion has been closed.