Shard Economy Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Hortus wrote: »
    Ok, another bunch of numbers. 1.9М ally points spent, ~49К shard shop currency received (looks like in line with other numbers I've seen), roughly 2/3 is from full character drops which won't be doubled after update according to the current info. So if nothing will change in the future we will get about 1/3 nerf in the ally points/shard shop gear conversion ratio. It still be about three times better than those overpriced pieces in the weekly store.

P.S. I doesn't take into account other stuff which drops from bronziums so actual nerf will be slightly less.

Your P.S. is exactly why it would have made much more sense (and probably been much simpler) for CG to simply double Bronzium acquisition rates. The minuscule amount of useful gear in Bronzium drops is so negligible that it wouldn't move the needle on gear economy balance.

Yes, I realize that means that we would have to "hit the button" twice as often, but at least it would be a solution that doesn't nerf gear acquisition.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett Can you please also tell the devs about the awful rewards in HAAT and HSTR?
    More importantly, why there is so much crossover on rewards from HAAT into HSTR. There are so many ways to fix the gear crunch but it’s continually ignored

Fix? Do you think the gear crunch is some accidental result of something cg did and they are trying to figure out what went wrong?

Did I say that? I don’t think I did. I think I’m just bringing more ways that the gear crunch can be fixed to Doja’s attention. I forgot that was a crime here on the forums.

Why do you think they want to "fix" it?

It's purposeful.

Personally I'm glad, because the gear crunch is what separates me from most players (whales excluded).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett Can you please also tell the devs about the awful rewards in HAAT and HSTR?
    More importantly, why there is so much crossover on rewards from HAAT into HSTR. There are so many ways to fix the gear crunch but it’s continually ignored

Fix? Do you think the gear crunch is some accidental result of something cg did and they are trying to figure out what went wrong?

Did I say that? I don’t think I did. I think I’m just bringing more ways that the gear crunch can be fixed to Doja’s attention. I forgot that was a crime here on the forums.

It's purposeful.

Personally I'm glad, because the gear crunch is what separates me from most players (whales excluded).

Anecdotal.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Hortus wrote: »
    Ok, another bunch of numbers. 1.9М ally points spent, ~49К shard shop currency received (looks like in line with other numbers I've seen), roughly 2/3 is from full character drops which won't be doubled after update according to the current info. So if nothing will change in the future we will get about 1/3 nerf in the ally points/shard shop gear conversion ratio. It still be about three times better than those overpriced pieces in the weekly store.

P.S. I doesn't take into account other stuff which drops from bronziums so actual nerf will be slightly less.

Your P.S. is exactly why it would have made much more sense (and probably been much simpler) for CG to simply double Bronzium acquisition rates. The minuscule amount of useful gear in Bronzium drops is so negligible that it wouldn't move the needle on gear economy balance.

Yes, I realize that means that we would have to "hit the button" twice as often, but at least it would be a solution that doesn't nerf gear acquisition.

Or they could have simply adjusted to shard shop prices to account for the bronizum nerf. That way you don't have to double the time it takes to open bronizums.

From what I can tell bronizums are roughly 10% of daily shard income (assuming you use the other stores to buy shards rather than fleet currency or prestige and still use the fleet store for zetas). And with the nerf that cuts that part in half so it's about a 5% nerf to shard shop income. So they could just raise the price by 195% rather than 200% and that would make it neutral.

Or by 180% if you assume bronizums are a higher percentage of shard income. I'm just guessing on that part, I don't have the data on that but I'm sure CG does.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

It's purposeful.

Anecdotal.

It's the anecdote that proves the rule.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

hey, do you. I just know they aren't looking to "fix" the gear crunch that they intentionally created. Don't get me wrong, I like getting more gear too.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ally points right now is a hassle, considering you can't spend them in bulk. The only interesting part of it is when you get a full char win, and able to convert that into shard store currency. That part is now going to be nerfed to half.

I think they should include the doubling even for full chars, and also add a 10 x bronzium pack to make it easier to spend ally points. That would be a good change rather than a nerf.
  • They won't since nerfing it is the objective. ;)
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    CG_Doja_Fett Can you please also tell the devs about the awful rewards in HAAT and HSTR?
    If They don't believe something exists are They really continually ignoring it?

From Thier perspective there may not be a gear crunch, and it may be right where They want it to be.
  • scuba wrote: »
    CG_Doja_Fett Can you please also tell the devs about the awful rewards in HAAT and HSTR?

From Thier perspective there may not be a gear crunch, and it may be right where They want it to be.

Except they’ve stated that they know gear is one of the things they need to tackle

Except Cyanides came out last year and said fixes were needed for gear economy and even asked us as much what we would see as relief to the gear crunch if their methods weren’t enough. That was literally a year ago. So yes. Gear crunch acknowledged and ignored.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    scuba wrote: »

Except Cyanides came out last year and said fixes were needed for gear economy and even asked us as much what we would see as relief to the gear crunch if their methods weren’t enough. That was literally a year ago. So yes. Gear crunch acknowledged and ignored.

Are you referring to this post? It reads not much like your representation here.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/220275/cyanide-wanted-to-know-how-to-ease-the-crunch

This is from the current announcement:

"Gear, Ships, and Event rewards are all being closely examined and any upcoming changes will likely be discussed in a future State of the Galaxy or Road Ahead. For the moment, we’re excited to see how these planned changes to Shards will improve the game and inform what other changes we can make in the future."

I'd be fine with further easing just like anyone else of course. But let's not forget the moment we get too close to the finish line, they just invent a further layer. This is an endless crusade and will keep on as long as the game is alive. And at the end of the day, regardless of how they set it up, we compete against eachother and this is the main differentiating factor which also drives the spending.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited November 2020

Gouj4 wrote: »

Except they’ve stated that they know gear is one of the things they need to tackle

Yet as many have stated a simple thing with this change to shards would have been to leave the shard shop alone to ease the gear crunch, however they are not doing this, instead they are doing everything they can to make it stay the same or worse on the gear front.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    whay about gg shards @Kyno ? they're already hideouly overpriced in shard shop...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

Yet as many have stated a simple thing with this change to shards would have been to leave the shard shop alone to ease the gear crunch, however they are not doing this, instead they are doing everything they can to make it stay the same or worse on the gear front.

I’m aware of that but your point was that they didn’t know it exists which they clearly do. Just because they’re not doing anything to address it now doesn’t mean they won’t down the line once they’ve seen whatever they need to see from this shard update.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

I’m aware of that but your point was that they didn’t know it exists which they clearly do. Just because they’re not doing anything to address it now doesn’t mean they won’t down the line once they’ve seen whatever they need to see from this shard update.

My is do they agree it exists to the point the players complain about it. Of course a crunch exists, a crunch is intentional in a game like this. They have done nothing to make it better in 5 years, and have actually done everything that they can to keep it where it is or make it worse, to me this says it is where they want it to be and the "we are going to monitor it" is just the standard answer, because of course they are going to monitor it and they do change it, to make sure it stays where it is or worse.
    Example:
    Ship energy change
    Addition of kyrotech
    Shard farming change (in progress)
    Sith rewards changes

These have all be gear farm neutral or worse.

The entire complaint about this shard changes is it is going to make the gear crunch worse, yet here we are with it being added.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

You are right. They do know and have known that the gear crunch is an aspect the player base has been frustrated with for quite some time. I think scuba was saying that they created the gear crunch to be as it is, therefore they do not view it as a real issue. I think most people who have played this game for over a year or two see the actions of the devs toward the players’ acquisition of gear (the biggest crunch in the game) as a net negative to the player base. They “say” they want to “tackle” the gear crunch issue. Their “solutions” for the gear crunch so far:

1. Introduce Kyrotech (another gear crunch), “alleviated” by obtaining 3ish salvage daily when single characters need 100s
    2. Increase gear levels and relic levels (another crunch)
    3. Introduced Galactic Challenges (“requiring” relic characters to get gear rewards for which there is a crunch)
    4. Add new tiers to Assault Battles (also “requiring” relic characters in order to obtain relic materials)
    5. Offer cheaper gear packs ($5 sounds really nice when fighting for gear for weeks and months), good way to make money for CG.
    6. Nerf Bronzium character drops, reducing shard shop currency.

Don’t get me wrong, I hope you are right and they do something to at least keep the gear crunch as is, but previous actions speak otherwise. Intentionality of the gear crunch by the devs, in my view, is obvious. I do not expect any large positive changes when it comes to gear acquisition, especially when gear purchases make up a big portion of their profits...by design. My worry is that even if/when they do give us some gear benefits down the road, it will be in a similar form as this shard benefit now, creating problems elsewhere in the game.

All I hope for is a net neutral outcome from this Bronzium pack issue when it comes to shard shop currency. I do not expect anything to alleviate the gear crunch, but my guess is that it will come in the form of rewards from a new “impossible to complete for a few more months/year” type of content. Oh wait...new Rancor Tiers are on the way, aren’t they?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I don’t think the worst of CG, so I don’t believe this was their intent. I think this is much more of an oversight, but then just be honest about it.

We will know soon enough if it is an oversight. My money is on purposeful though.

It's not, but we all know the truth never gets in the way of a good story around here.

It's not an oversight, the bronzium system was out of scope of this project. They tried to fit this fix in to "meet half way", but it's not quite there, as we are pointing out. I cant share more details on the conversations around this, unfortunately.

This was not a purposeful nerf to gear income.

Sorry, but I can’t get myself to leave this alone.
    If they do a overhaul of shard economy, where the most significant impact of most seasoned players is not in scope of the project, then I’d say that omission is an oversight.
    Again, I don’t believe this nerf in any way was the intent, but it is a result and due to the oversight (omission) of bronzium impact they simply seem to be stuck in a place where it can’t be reasonably fixed. And we as players have to just deal with the nerf.

I’d wish they just acknowledge that they completely missed this aspect, don’t have the resources to actually fix it but will go ahead with implementation because they still see this as net positive for the community overall.

That would be honest and open and nobody would hold out for a fix which will never come.

They could still surprise me by cutting bronzium cost in half and put 2x or even 10x button on the roadmap, but that’s not going to happen.

• I just hope when they say they'll look more into the economy balance as they slowly implement new changes that they actually mean it. I hope it means they'll actually change it even if we aren't totally happy with how the change happens.

Because in the past it's been a plague of wording things vaguely enough (looking at it, will explore in a future update, etc) that they can get away with never doing it or walking it back and mods and devs can defend it by saying "nothing was ever promised" or "we never said we'd do that" which is technically correct.

I can only get mad at them being "technically correct" for so many years in a row, if they start out the 6th year of the game that way it might be my last straw.
  • Are older ships also getting double drop rates with the 5th anniversary roll out? Only characters were listed in the original post and I hadn’t seen this being asked. I’m sure it has been addressed, but there are an enormous amount of posts on here.

Cheers.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Are older ships also getting double drop rates with the 5th anniversary roll out? Only characters were listed in the original post and I hadn’t seen this being asked. I’m sure it has been addressed, but there are an enormous amount of posts on here.

Cheers.

@WombatJediKnight

Ship blue prints will not be doubled at the source.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Are older ships also getting double drop rates with the 5th anniversary roll out? Only characters were listed in the original post and I hadn’t seen this being asked. I’m sure it has been addressed, but there are an enormous amount of posts on here.

Cheers.

@WombatJediKnight

Ship blue prints will not be doubled at the source.

Oh really. That's a bummer. Thanks for the response.
  • Montanz wrote: »
    At the end of the day not doubling the character unlock pulls of 10/25/50/80 is a huge nerf. Everyone will get burnt by this eventually, even new players once they finish the outdated toons offered there.

This is the kind of change that CG has done in the past to seemingly benefit players but end up hurting them in the long run.

When mk8 biotech salvage was removed from the HAAT ppl didn’t seem to mind (even I didn’t mind as I had 3000) there was a minority of smart players who knew it would be bad but they got downvoted. Fast forward 2 years and now you don’t have any cos every toon needed 4x60 of them. That was a nerf hidden in good news of a chance to get the other rewards.

Maybe that story is a poor example, but back then the majority wanted them removed and they got removed. Now veterans are buying them from shard shop (rip) and guild store.

I guess what I’m trying to say is I do think these seemingly positive changes need to be examined closely and everyone needs to understand the devs will always have a bigger picture plan to get you to spend money no matter how nice an update sounds.

We were fools for wanting that HAAT gear change and we will be fools again for letting this bronzium nerf pass by unchecked. The complaints are warranted and many ppl have felt the burn before. Stop thinking the player base doesn’t know what’s going on CG.

Edit: it may be the case that something about the gear economy gets changed to balance what will happen with the shard changes. But we don’t know that. All we know is what is happening now.

I think that example isn't really a good one. When they removed the eyeballs that we had a ton of from haat, you got other gear that we didn't have a ton of instead. So it wasn't like it was removed and you just didn't get gear from that slot.

Your case on this current issue is also a bit overblown. If you have a ton of characters to farm (aka you are a newer player), the time you save and energy you can put towards gear farming (a hard node now takes 3 mo for older characters instead of 6) more than outweighs the bronizum nerf.

I don't like the bronizum nerf either and it certainly doesn't follow the intended goal they stated. But it is not as large a nerf for most players as you are indicating.

Actually a lot of the best gear from the shard shop comes from late ship nodes, and they didn't enhance that farm, so after a certain point the crunch will still hit when no new players have good fleets and have to spend 30 stun guns on all of their 7* g8 toons they've gotten at an accelerated pace. And once they've spent 8.2 million credits per toon. And after they get to the point where they've 7*'d all 33 of the Bronzium toons twice as fast making the Bronzium nerf also hit them.

I think maybe his comparison is a tad off, but I disagree that it's overblown. And your energy analogy only applies to newer players anyway, since most of us aren't "saving energy" by farming old toons faster now. We have them all 7* and farm gear nods specifically so we don't have to get as many in the shard shop. This nerf is huge for veterans right now, and the longer it goes with double drops and no Bronzium fix, the more the new players who got "help" are gonna run into the same wall.

It is a nerd. I agree with you on that. And it does need addressed but some are acting like it is cutting their shard currency in half. That just isn't the case.

I get shards from the following sources regularly on my main account.

5-10 shards a day from cantina (depends on how many refreshes)

15 from arena store a day

15 from gw store (yes I do the ships but it converts roughly the same as 15 character shards)

About 7 a day from gw drops

And probably 10 a day on average from bronizums (it varies but let's say 8 of them are from full drops)

So that's about 54 shards or so a day on average. The nerf will effectively take away 4 of those a day. That's an effective reduction in shard shop currency of about 7%. That still isn't good but it isn't the sky is falling disaster that will ruin.

You fleet node point also doesn't hold water. It only takes one fleet to beat all the fleet nodes. If you pick ones that don't have 3 characters per ship and that are decent enough anyway, that isn't too big of hurdle.

If you spend half your energy farming characters and the other half farming stun guns, you would still 7 star the old characters at the same rate you do now and still have half your energy to farm stun guns. You can gear the 7 pilots to g11 or g12 fairly easily to beat the fleet nodes.

If you gear bugs, vader, bossk, boba, tarkin and jka you can have a fleet that can plow through the pve content with little waste.

You need bugs for geo tb eventually anyway. Vader is amazing. Bossk and boba are good for a lot of bh pve content. Jka is great is late game fleet anyway and good for other parts of the game. Tarkin isn't great but probably better than mace or ackbar if you want a lean fleet.

This is one case. My personal shard shop currency is far different. I get a maximum, right now, of about 20-40 shards/day from sources other than Bronziums. I am by no means a new account, but not veteran either. I get on average about 20-40 shards from full character pulls every 2 days so my SSC is being cut nearer to 30% than 4%, assuming the average of my shard pulls. For people caught between being new accounts and launch accounts, this hits pretty hard, especially because it is the most consistent source of shards when all of your energy goes to new character farms or gear/relic farms.

I'm not saying this is going to destroy progress, nor is anyone else I think, but honestly with gear being as bad as it is already, ANY nerf is going to suck, and for a lot of accounts this is a pretty decent percentage. I end up getting sometimes a third or more of my daily gear from the shard shop as well, so this effectively slows an already lugubrious process by 10-30% depending on the day/week.
  • Hornist wrote: »
    Montanz wrote: »
    At the end of the day not doubling the character unlock pulls of 10/25/50/80 is a huge nerf. Everyone will get burnt by this eventually, even new players once they finish the outdated toons offered there.

This is the kind of change that CG has done in the past to seemingly benefit players but end up hurting them in the long run.

When mk8 biotech salvage was removed from the HAAT ppl didn’t seem to mind (even I didn’t mind as I had 3000) there was a minority of smart players who knew it would be bad but they got downvoted. Fast forward 2 years and now you don’t have any cos every toon needed 4x60 of them. That was a nerf hidden in good news of a chance to get the other rewards.

Maybe that story is a poor example, but back then the majority wanted them removed and they got removed. Now veterans are buying them from shard shop (rip) and guild store.

I guess what I’m trying to say is I do think these seemingly positive changes need to be examined closely and everyone needs to understand the devs will always have a bigger picture plan to get you to spend money no matter how nice an update sounds.

We were fools for wanting that HAAT gear change and we will be fools again for letting this bronzium nerf pass by unchecked. The complaints are warranted and many ppl have felt the burn before. Stop thinking the player base doesn’t know what’s going on CG.

Edit: it may be the case that something about the gear economy gets changed to balance what will happen with the shard changes. But we don’t know that. All we know is what is happening now.

I think that example isn't really a good one. When they removed the eyeballs that we had a ton of from haat, you got other gear that we didn't have a ton of instead. So it wasn't like it was removed and you just didn't get gear from that slot.

Your case on this current issue is also a bit overblown. If you have a ton of characters to farm (aka you are a newer player), the time you save and energy you can put towards gear farming (a hard node now takes 3 mo for older characters instead of 6) more than outweighs the bronizum nerf.

I don't like the bronizum nerf either and it certainly doesn't follow the intended goal they stated. But it is not as large a nerf for most players as you are indicating.

Actually a lot of the best gear from the shard shop comes from late ship nodes, and they didn't enhance that farm, so after a certain point the crunch will still hit when no new players have good fleets and have to spend 30 stun guns on all of their 7* g8 toons they've gotten at an accelerated pace. And once they've spent 8.2 million credits per toon. And after they get to the point where they've 7*'d all 33 of the Bronzium toons twice as fast making the Bronzium nerf also hit them.

I think maybe his comparison is a tad off, but I disagree that it's overblown. And your energy analogy only applies to newer players anyway, since most of us aren't "saving energy" by farming old toons faster now. We have them all 7* and farm gear nods specifically so we don't have to get as many in the shard shop. This nerf is huge for veterans right now, and the longer it goes with double drops and no Bronzium fix, the more the new players who got "help" are gonna run into the same wall.

It is a nerd. I agree with you on that. And it does need addressed but some are acting like it is cutting their shard currency in half. That just isn't the case.

I get shards from the following sources regularly on my main account.

5-10 shards a day from cantina (depends on how many refreshes)

15 from arena store a day

15 from gw store (yes I do the ships but it converts roughly the same as 15 character shards)

About 7 a day from gw drops

And probably 10 a day on average from bronizums (it varies but let's say 8 of them are from full drops)

So that's about 54 shards or so a day on average. The nerf will effectively take away 4 of those a day. That's an effective reduction in shard shop currency of about 7%. That still isn't good but it isn't the sky is falling disaster that will ruin.

You fleet node point also doesn't hold water. It only takes one fleet to beat all the fleet nodes. If you pick ones that don't have 3 characters per ship and that are decent enough anyway, that isn't too big of hurdle.

If you spend half your energy farming characters and the other half farming stun guns, you would still 7 star the old characters at the same rate you do now and still have half your energy to farm stun guns. You can gear the 7 pilots to g11 or g12 fairly easily to beat the fleet nodes.

If you gear bugs, vader, bossk, boba, tarkin and jka you can have a fleet that can plow through the pve content with little waste.

You need bugs for geo tb eventually anyway. Vader is amazing. Bossk and boba are good for a lot of bh pve content. Jka is great is late game fleet anyway and good for other parts of the game. Tarkin isn't great but probably better than mace or ackbar if you want a lean fleet.

This is one case. My personal shard shop currency is far different. I get a maximum, right now, of about 20-40 shards/day from sources other than Bronziums. I am by no means a new account, but not veteran either. I get on average about 20-40 shards from full character pulls every 2 days so my SSC is being cut nearer to 30% than 4%, assuming the average of my shard pulls. For people caught between being new accounts and launch accounts, this hits pretty hard, especially because it is the most consistent source of shards when all of your energy goes to new character farms or gear/relic farms.

I'm not saying this is going to destroy progress, nor is anyone else I think, but honestly with gear being as bad as it is already, ANY nerf is going to suck, and for a lot of accounts this is a pretty decent percentage. I end up getting sometimes a third or more of my daily gear from the shard shop as well, so this effectively slows an already lugubrious process by 10-30% depending on the day/week.

So this update only speeds up your farming by only 40-20%.
  • They try to limit the impact of bronzium on the economy. But yes, the fact that toon shard will let us half the amount of shard shop currency is huge. Because it’s a high source of gear g12 and g12 plus in the shard shop. Sith raid gear are good for top 10 only. BUT....
    It’s necessary to change what they have to change for newcomers. Bronzium is a mecanism that are in the launch 5 years ago. And the only thing I can say it is completely not a fun things to do. Imagine that except the top 10 sith raid, the higher source of high level gear is bronzium with single click, there is no battle at all, no fun here. So if this change can let CG transfert the gear income in other way than doing bronzium click, it’s in that way I want to go.
    Finally, when a change affects equally everyone in the game, it is fair from my point of you.
  • Bronzium packs are no longer getting 'nerfed'. Check "Dev Announcements and News" and then read "Update on Bronzium Packs and Tank Takedown Raid". CG_SBCrumb writes it out as follows:

"First up is Bronzium packs, these originally were not going to be changed due to a technical issue but seeing how important this was to you, the team dedicated some extra time to this and was able to find the issues that were preventing us from updating Bronzium Packs. Character shards dropped from Bronzium Packs will be doubled with the Anniversary Update. (This does not affect full character drops from Bronzium packs)"

The Issue has effectively been resolved from this angle. However, regarding ships. If you read the shard economy changes, Ship blueprints may not have double drops, but their blueprints are now worth double what they used to be. So the Bronzium Packs balance out now.
  • Bronzium packs are no longer getting 'nerfed'. Check "Dev Announcements and News" and then read "Update on Bronzium Packs and Tank Takedown Raid". CG_SBCrumb writes it out as follows:

"First up is Bronzium packs, these originally were not going to be changed due to a technical issue but seeing how important this was to you, the team dedicated some extra time to this and was able to find the issues that were preventing us from updating Bronzium Packs. Character shards dropped from Bronzium Packs will be doubled with the Anniversary Update. (This does not affect full character drops from Bronzium packs)"

The Issue has effectively been resolved from this angle. However, regarding ships. If you read the shard economy changes, Ship blueprints may not have double drops, but their blueprints are now worth double what they used to be. So the Bronzium Packs balance out now.

Did you read the topic at all? Check this line from your quote:

"(This does not affect full character drops from Bronzium packs)"

This is the part we get majority of shards that turns into shard shop currency from.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Bronzium packs are no longer getting 'nerfed'. Check "Dev Announcements and News" and then read "Update on Bronzium Packs and Tank Takedown Raid". CG_SBCrumb writes it out as follows:

MaruMaru wrote: »
    Bronzium packs are no longer getting 'nerfed'. Check "Dev Announcements and News" and then read "Update on Bronzium Packs and Tank Takedown Raid". CG_SBCrumb writes it out as follows:

Did you read the topic at all? Check this line from your quote:

"(This does not affect full character drops from Bronzium packs)"

This is the part we get majority of shards that turns into shard shop currency from.

This.

Even in small samples, you can see this. Full characters do drop less, but the fact that they are 10-80× the shard ship currency, this doesnt really resolve the issue or bring us to a net neutral on the change.