Credit Heist

TheChild_eats_eggs1
1459 posts Member
edited November 2020
This has been mentioned on other posts but it deserves its own one. We need MORE Credit Heists, or give better rewards for lower tiers to help new players.
My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Assuming that your guild makes 30k days and that you are last in all heroic raids, there are 12 almost 13 million in credits per month. If you can simulate galactic war, there are more than 600k per day, that is, adding up to 31m per month.

Credits are a barrier that will quickly go away.
  • As someone sitting at 160m credits, I disagree
    The credit timegate doesn't last that long and only forces you to build up teams in waves

Give it a few months, you'll have more than you can use and will be in the Commlink/Carbanti/Stun Gun problem
  • I know what I guys mean, but pre- lvl 80, u don’t get as much. Also, I’m lvl 85, but we don’t do HSTR, and I’m part of a guild in the making
  • If you are constantly working on mods, credits can be definitely become a problem no matter where you are in the game.
  • Reptile wrote: »
    If you are constantly working on mods, credits can be definitely become a problem no matter where you are in the game.

This, and constant farming, promoting to 7*, lvling up etc.
  • camper288 wrote: »
    Assuming that your guild makes 30k days and that you are last in all heroic raids, there are 12 almost 13 million in credits per month. If you can simulate galactic war, there are more than 600k per day, that is, adding up to 31m per month.

I know what I guys mean, but pre- lvl 80, u don’t get as much. Also, I’m lvl 85, but we don’t do HSTR, and I’m part of a guild in the making

True, most of the economy fixes they've announced have to do with helping new players. Players below 85 can't sim GW, players below 85 aren't likely to be in a guild making tons of heroic raids unless it's a really nice guild that lets non-contributors join and claim rewards (which only applies to a small population of guilds and players), and players below 80 now have double the characters to spend 8.2 million on while not even having access to the top tier of Credit Heist when it does roll around once every 15 days or whatever the non-official cadence is.

Not to mention crafting the gear to get someone to g12, depending on the character, takes like 400k, so if they have 20 toons they're working on, it costs 8.2 million to promote and level each one, for a total of 164 million, plus 400k for each just to hit gear 12, which adds about 8 million for a total of 172 million just to get 20 respectably leveled toons without access to any of the high credit rewards.

Not to mention, it hurts no one to lower the level requirements for credit heist, make it appear more often, and up the rewards of daily challenges (or add a new tier), so there's not a constructive reason to complain.
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    camper288 wrote: »
    Assuming that your guild makes 30k days and that you are last in all heroic raids, there are 12 almost 13 million in credits per month. If you can simulate galactic war, there are more than 600k per day, that is, adding up to 31m per month.

I know what I guys mean, but pre- lvl 80, u don’t get as much. Also, I’m lvl 85, but we don’t do HSTR, and I’m part of a guild in the making

True, most of the economy fixes they've announced have to do with helping new players. Players below 85 can't sim GW, players below 85 aren't likely to be in a guild making tons of heroic raids unless it's a really nice guild that lets non-contributors join and claim rewards (which only applies to a small population of guilds and players), and players below 80 now have double the characters to spend 8.2 million on while not even having access to the top tier of Credit Heist when it does roll around once every 15 days or whatever the non-official cadence is.

Not to mention crafting the gear to get someone to g12, depending on the character, takes like 400k, so if they have 20 toons they're working on, it costs 8.2 million to promote and level each one, for a total of 164 million, plus 400k for each just to hit gear 12, which adds about 8 million for a total of 172 million just to get 20 respectably leveled toons without access to any of the high credit rewards.

Not to mention, it hurts no one to lower the level requirements for credit heist, make it appear more often, and up the rewards of daily challenges (or add a new tier), so there's not a constructive reason to complain.
    I totally agree here. CG if this was QOL update, I would value it nearly as much as ship squad loadouts
    Post edited by TheChild_eats_eggs1 on
  • Oh also, based on your math even top players only get 31 million per month without Credit Heists which at the top tier average probably 5 million between the two attempts, and only happens in a great month twice that month.

So 51 million a month in a great month, means for a new player with all of those sources (which they don't all have) to somehow to pay off the proposed 172 million debt just for 20 decent toons would still take over 3 months in what's supposed to be "an accelerated" time for new players. And that doesn't account for relics or the fact that in a bad month, Credit heist only appears once or not at all since there's no official event cadence for it.

So in a bad period of time with no credit heists, they still (assuming they can sim GW which people below 85 can't, and assuming they're in a top tier guild with max ticket production) only get your aforementioned 31 million a month. That pushes it up to almost 6 months just to get 20 respectable toons, without spending any credits on anything outside of those 20 mind you. Assuming they're at level 85, they have GAC to worry about, and only having 20 good toons doesn't really cut it, so they will have much higher levels of credit debt realistically than 172 million once they really get going.

There is a credit crunch, we're just all past it, or have access to guild resources most new players won't have for a while.
  • Reptile wrote: »
    If you are constantly working on mods, credits can be definitely become a problem no matter where you are in the game.

Oh yeah, and to add to the 20 character debt of 172 million, add just over 1.5 million per toon for a full lvl 15 mod set. So an extra 30 million to make it 202 million credits. At 31 million a month for income if we assume a bad time for credit heist (or they just don't have to team to beat it since they've been working solely on these 20) that means almost 7 months now that we've added mods. And again, only if they're level 85 and in a great guild. Even a meh guild cuts the income by millions per month, and any day not logged in cuts over 600k from GW even if they can sim.
  • Credit Heist event history also reports that for all of 2017 and 2018, never once did it take more than 13 days for the event to roll back around, sometimes as low as 6 days. Since July of 2019, it has dipped below a 10 day break exactly twice, and jumped well above 20 days apart on several occasions, topping out at a 29 day period of no credit heist.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Credits are an early game gate, one that doesn't need any fixing. My 2.2m alt has like 60m credits. It's fine.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I think fixing it for early game, e.g. make higher credit chances higher on early tiers of credit heist, would be nice.
    TVF wrote: »
    Credits are an early game gate, one that doesn't need any fixing. My 2.2m alt has like 60m credits. It's fine.

I disagree. I think they need fixing, as CG are trying to change the economy to help newer players. 2.2m alt is not new. New is under 1m
  • Dal_Zuba
    189 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    5nk22b964hme.jpeg

I’m trying to get to 1 billion. :D

• Lol. Keep going. When CG creates a way to donate credits, put me on your list
    Dal_Zuba wrote: »
    5nk22b964hme.jpeg

I’m trying to get to 1 billion. :D

• TVF
    36524 posts Member

I disagree. I think they need fixing, as CG are trying to change the economy to help newer players. 2.2m alt is not new. New is under 1m

I never said my alt was new. I said it's an early game gate that goes away eventually. It's fine.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I never said my alt was new. I said it's an early game gate that goes away eventually. It's fine.

I kind of agree here. There are always going to be RPG progression style gates in the system. They should fade and nee ones appear....rinse and repeat.

The problems that should be addressed for both new players and old are the ones that dont phase out, within reason.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I kind of agree here. There are always going to be RPG progression style gates in the system. They should fade and nee ones appear....rinse and repeat.

The problems that should be addressed for both new players and old are the ones that dont phase out, within reason.

I 100% agree that it phases out. However with the credit math I did, for someone new to get 20 respectable toons to gear 12, they need to take around 7 months, during a good cycle of credit heists and while being active literally every day possible for them. In a world where they are trying to make new players progress faster, it seems arbitrary to boost shard farming like they are if they are all still going to be gated to a 7 month minimum to reach a roster with 20 reasonably good toons. And that's only if they make smart choices, never gear/star/level any other toons, and this includes at least a few solid scoundrels to do credit heist in the first place. And most of that credit math is assuming a strong active heroic level guild, and that they are level 85. It doesn't phase out until you've already hit around 2 million GP.

TLDR: It does phase out eventually, but since they've stated their goal is to make the game progress faster for new players, and new accounts are perpetually locked behind a 7 month minimum to achieve a respectable level and only if they play perfectly, CG should address the credit economy shortly after the shard update.