Repeatable Events and High Tenacity

Prev1
I'd first point out that I have already completed all feats in all 7 tiers of the current BH GC (so this doesn't come off as a "sour grapes" post). In repeatable events, please stop with the high tenacity toons (or ships - ala Finalizer event). It only forces players to enter, open, then, when the needed debuff(s) don't stick, retreat, rinse and repeat. That does not make the event "better" or "more puzzly" - it just makes it rng-dependent, boring, and take longer than it should.

High speed or high health units, as a gear/relic "check" is understandable. But high tenacity is just a "time wall". Please stop implementing it in repeatable events.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I don’t mind high tenacity — it would be too easy if you can stick every debuff without any problems

The tenacity is high enough imo

It wasn’t too crazy where everything was resisted nor did I need high potency to land debuffs
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So the solution is to not make them repeatable??? :smirk:
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I'd first point out that I have already completed all feats in all 7 tiers of the current BH GC (so this doesn't come off as a "sour grapes" post). In repeatable events, please stop with the high tenacity toons (or ships - ala Finalizer event). It only forces players to enter, open, then, when the needed debuff(s) don't stick, retreat, rinse and repeat. That does not make the event "better" or "more puzzly" - it just makes it rng-dependent, boring, and take longer than it should.

High speed or high health units, as a gear/relic "check" is understandable. But high tenacity is just a "time wall". Please stop implementing it in repeatable events.
    I could be reading this wrong, because it’s been a long day at the end of a trying week, but this looks like “I’ve got lots of health and speed mods, but not enough potency mods” to me...
  • I read it as “please don’t make us remod for events”.
  • I read it as “please don’t make us remod for events”.

Even with potency sets, tenacity is too much even. Defend CG some more lol

I could be reading this wrong, because it’s been a long day at the end of a trying week, but this looks like “I’ve got lots of health and speed mods, but not enough potency mods” to me...

Yeah, you missed the first line. I've got plenty of potency mods.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I read it as “please don’t make us remod for events”.

Didn't stop Nikoms apparently.

Hasn't stopped me either and I didn't feel the need to re-mod for potency. There are bigger challenges here than the enemy team's tenacity.

There are at least two viable strategies available if you are trying to succeed with questionable gear levels and as always the more you try to underdog the battles the greater the impact of RNG outcomes.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Didn't stop Nikoms apparently.

Hasn't stopped me either and I didn't feel the need to re-mod for potency. There are bigger challenges here than the enemy team's tenacity.

There are at least two viable strategies available if you are trying to succeed with questionable gear levels and as always the more you try to underdog the battles the greater the impact of RNG outcomes.

Just because Nikoms beat the event doesn’t mean that his debuffs weren’t bouncing off enemies because of their insane tenacity, which is his point. It’s not insurmountable but it takes away several teams that rely on debuffs to thrive which takes away the replay aspect of the event and others like it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

The amount of tenacity used, generally speaking means you can remod to have less RNG, not overcome it.

Adding to that the point that the event is very easily replayable over multiple days, means it is easier to restart the event to get better RNG, than it will be to try and push towards "the best modding possible".

Also back in the day, they did say that the expectation on thier end was that mods would be moved less than we do. If that expectation has changed, then it would make sense for them to give us better management over that system.
  • Thought the current event was just about right including the high tenacity. With some simple manipulations of game play and using certain skills and assists it is easy for a few different variations to quickly reach contract. So far have beaten the event with bossk, jango and manderlorion leads whilst having fun doing so
  • Just to clarify a bit - since many people seem to be focusing on this specific GC:

In general, there are several (not all) events that entail a general strategy of "To start, attack target X to inflict debuff Y. If it doesn't stick, retreat and start over..." This is largely true in the current GC where the preferred strategy is to have Bossk open with "Hunting Party" to stun IG-11 and get has many hits on him to help speed up the payout, regardless as to which BH lead you use. But it's not limited to this GC. Just as another example, it's true for most of the early strategies to win the "Finalizer" event (i.e. "Stun opponent's Eta-2, or retreat and start over...").

The point of this clarification, is simply that I was expressing some feedback in general, regarding these "tenacity check at the door" mechanics - not specific to this event. The "puzzle" of the events should be figuring out the best tools for the job - not depending on opening RNG. It's not a big deal - I have plenty of free time to do it over and over and over and over and over again (as evidenced by the amount of time I have to post). It's just feedback. In general.

• Don’t get me wrong, I’d prefer not to have to change mods for events either. Even if they improve mod handling to perfection it will still feel like a chore.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I got all feats but the last 2 tiers thermal feats. I’m impressed you got 40 off and killed everyone. What was the team comps and strategy?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sewpot wrote: »
    I got all feats but the last 2 tiers thermal feats. I’m impressed you got 40 off and killed everyone. What was the team comps and strategy?

Scavenger and Jawa Engineer. Auto basic.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I got it right after I posted that lol
    Just to clarify a bit - since many people seem to be focusing on this specific GC:

In general, there are several (not all) events that entail a general strategy of "To start, attack target X to inflict debuff Y. If it doesn't stick, retreat and start over..." This is largely true in the current GC where the preferred strategy is to have Bossk open with "Hunting Party" to stun IG-11 and get has many hits on him to help speed up the payout, regardless as to which BH lead you use. But it's not limited to this GC. Just as another example, it's true for most of the early strategies to win the "Finalizer" event (i.e. "Stun opponent's Eta-2, or retreat and start over...").

The point of this clarification, is simply that I was expressing some feedback in general, regarding these "tenacity check at the door" mechanics - not specific to this event. The "puzzle" of the events should be figuring out the best tools for the job - not depending on opening RNG. It's not a big deal - I have plenty of free time to do it over and over and over and over and over again (as evidenced by the amount of time I have to post). It's just feedback. In general.
    The strategy of this event is about figuring out the best tools for the job. Zam lead boosts your team's potency and enables a TD-fest. Jango lead lowers the enemy team's tenacity and sets you up for a quick payout, activating Mando's disintegrate.

And the Fiinalizer event opening is Hunted on Eta-2 which can't be resisted followed by stun on Y-Wing which has lower tenacity and you can still win even if it gets taunt up.
  • If only there were a BH with tenacity down that was the smartest BH to also get for the Chewbacca event.
  • If only there were a BH with tenacity down that was the smartest BH to also get for the Chewbacca event.

If only people would read the very first line of the very first post and realize this is NOT about this event specifically....

Not sure what this has to do with anything. You know how many events I've seen debuffs getting resisted WITH Tenacity Down applied already? Many.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    If only there were a BH with tenacity down that was the smartest BH to also get for the Chewbacca event.

If only people would read the very first line of the very first post and realize this is NOT about this event specifically....

This is a losing battle, these threads always lead to, this is how I did x or this is how to do y.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    @scuba @MetaThumper @Nikoms565
    I read the OP. It complained about BH GC and high tenacity. My reply is a solution. It is also the most valid solution. You will find many posts on the forums where I recommend to people using HK for his tenacity down. My most common is Thrawn to HK, but even Jawa Engineer then HK. It's the mechanics. Complaining about legit mechanics such as NPCs using high tenacity just like I do with my 174 tenacity Nest is not going to change any Dev decisions.

Get Dengar. I don't have Dengar, but that is the solution.

It would be funny if a Dev jumped in here and said,"If you guys can mod your Nest to 174, why can't we mod our NPC's to 174?"

Galactic Challenges are not meant for everyone to = win each week. You should steamroll some and you should struggle on others, unless your roster is just that awesome. Mine is not. Lots of missing feats this time, cause I don't have Dengar.

Oh, and @MetaThumper the answer to your question should be is your potency minus the statistical 15% base chance to resist a debuff after you have applied tenacity down.
  • @scuba @MetaThumper @Nikoms565
    I read the OP. It complained about BH GC and high tenacity. My reply is a solution. It is also the most valid solution. You will find many posts on the forums where I recommend to people using HK for his tenacity down. My most common is Thrawn to HK, but even Jawa Engineer then HK. It's the mechanics. Complaining about legit mechanics such as NPCs using high tenacity just like I do with my 174 tenacity Nest is not going to change any Dev decisions.

It would be funny if a Dev jumped in here and said,"If you guys can mod your Nest to 174, why can't we mod our NPC's to 174?"

Galactic Challenges are not meant for everyone to = win each week. You should steamroll some and you should struggle on others, unless your roster is just that awesome. Mine is not. Lots of missing feats this time, cause I don't have Dengar.

Except you didn't read the OP. It says nothing about this being specific to this BH GC. It says in general repeatable content, why is the tenacity always tuned so high? They didn't ask how to beat this one, they said they already beat all of it.

Apparently the meaning of "I read the OP" has changed recently
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba MetaThumper Nikoms565

Oh, and @MetaThumper the answer to your question should be is your potency minus the statistical 15% base chance to resist a debuff after you have applied tenacity down.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

OP is NOT asking for a "how to" on this event, it was a simple feedback on ALL repeatable events.

I simply stated that threads like this are a losing battle because many can't go with general feed back on ALL events and feel the need to provide a "how to" on which ever event is running, I didn't ask for a how to, and you still provided one.
    So thanks for proving my point.
  • Potency exists.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Not sure what this has to do with anything. You know how many events I've seen debuffs getting resisted WITH Tenacity Down applied already? Many.

Even with tenacity down there's a 15% chance for any debuff (except, ironically enough, tenacity down) to be resisted. This is a mechanic that exists in all parts of the game.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
    If only there were a BH with tenacity down that was the smartest BH to also get for the Chewbacca event.

In general posting specific examples is likely to get you specific responses.

In general factions have access to tenacity down / potency up / lead potency modifiers.

In general every toon can use potency mods.

In general if you are struggling based on an RNG outcome then either you need better gear / relics / mods or you should be looking for better tactics.

Was that general enough for you?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    In general posting specific examples is likely to get you specific responses.

Clearly. Regardless as to any attempts to dissuade them from doing so.
    In general factions have access to tenacity down / potency up / lead potency modifiers.
    I realize that - which is why I use them on events that utilize the mechanic I'm offering feedback on. At the risk of bringing up a specific event, and thus opening up that can of proverbial worms, that is precisely why I used Jango lead in the most recent GC.
    In general every toon can use potency mods.

Ok. I know you love remodding for events with minimal rewards too, so I'll just leave it at "Ok".
    In general if you are struggling based on an RNG outcome then either you need better gear / relics / mods or you should be looking for better tactics.
    . First off "struggling" is a very broad term. But in general, I am not struggling, as I complete all tiers of all events. But I'll keep that in mind.

• Frankly these opening TM-trains are far more irritating than higher tenacity opponents. You cannot even retreat and re-start until the train has run its course which in some cases can be half a minute or more.
    afii3p9x7j69.png
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Frankly these opening TM-trains are far more irritating than higher tenacity opponents. You cannot even retreat and re-start until the train has run its course which in some cases can be half a minute or more.
    afii3p9x7j69.png

Nah..... Your bounty hunters just need milk.

@scuba @MetaThumper @Nikoms565

Except you didn't read the OP. It says nothing about this being specific to this BH GC. It says in general repeatable content, why is the tenacity always tuned so high? They didn't ask how to beat this one, they said they already beat all of it.

Apparently the meaning of "I read the OP" has changed recently

Except I did read the OP, and I stand by my points. Use tenacity down mechanics, even though you are not just referring to this event "I'd first point out that I have already completed all feats in all 7 tiers of the current BH GC (so this doesn't come off as a "sour grapes" post" that you did refer to with your cognitively dissonant opening disclaimer.

Just about every faction has a toon that puts down tenacity. It is a great and powerful mechanic.