SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Yep. SEE's kit is full of weaknesses and anti-synergies that were often misrepresented as strengths, or at least weaknesses that would be balanced by a currently nonexistent strength. Compare even post-ultimate SEE to SLKR (another GL attacker--Rey is weird) and it's clear that in almost every way, SEE is inferior. Worse multipliers, worse base stats.

SEE is forced into the leader slot like JML is for ultimate, but JML is surviving quite well despite my concerns about him. JML smashes the dominant squad from the previous meta while SEE gets trampled by the previous meta. SEE is in terrible condition, and only works okay in some squads outside of the leader slot because he makes his squad so bad anyway that oftentimes actually having a good sith lead (EP, for example) is more important.

Maybe we'll see more counter squads vs SEE, maybe not. What's important isn't just how many squads can beat SEE on defense, but rather how poorly SEE performs even on offense, and how lackluster he is in every game mode. Maybe an announcement isn't ready until more things are decided, but I think we've hit a point where we know that any "new data" is probably just bumping this thread in a desperate attempt to get more serious attention from CG for an existing issue, as a stop before more serious things people have mentioned like disputing purchases.
  • At this point I doubt the buff him. More than likely they add a character(s) to help him or do nothing.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • The pipe dream of a new toon coming kinda makes sense, eg. "he's so weak they must be bringing someone strong to help him". But it's totally baseless and since SLKR is a better Sith leader than SEE, it would just make SLKR stronger.
  • If they have to create a new character for us to farm just to make him “on par” that’s a huge slap in the face
  • MaulVI wrote: »
    i7vvgfkrg4kh.gif
    na4p3jyj5zxo.gif
    It's things like this that make non SEE owners say "I'm glad I didn't whale on this."

Meanwhile us SEE owners be like

johnny-cash-i-hurt-myself-today.gif
  • dgree wrote: »
    Yep. SEE's kit is full of weaknesses and anti-synergies that were often misrepresented as strengths

What?

Come on man, how could you not like things such as:
    • Sion not being able to revive after he gets one-shotted by Rey, Kylo, or JML
    • Fear from DR, BSF, Malak hindering SEE's ultimate charging
    • Protection recovery where Malak has no protection at all
    • Protection recovery where all Sith are health based not protection based
    • SEE having to waste a turn linking before he can use his 2-enemy instakill, meanwhile SLKR and Rey are instakilling someone on your team every turn they get
    • SEE having to waste a turn activating his Ultimate before he can use his 2-enemy instakill, meanwhile SLKR and Rey are instakilling someone on your team every turn they get
    • SEE losing his most useful ability that gives his team at least a little bit of survivability, when he transforms

anchorman-ronburgundy.gif

• I would Trade SEE for any of the other 3 GLs.. I wouldn't think twice as its not even close.
  • > Be me
    > Install SWGOH
    > Build up roster
    > See your favorite Sith get announced as a galactic legend
    > Spend $6,000 on the prerequisites
    > Unlock SEE
    > Spend another $700 in energy to unlock the ultimate in less than a week
    > Be excited to use your devastating attacker in Arena
    > Climb to the top 10 after spending 250 crystals on refreshes
    > Drop to rank 47 before your payout
    > Uninstall game

• > Be me
    > Install SWGOH
    > Build up roster
    > Unlock SEE
    > Uninstall game

You forgot where you refund all 6700$
  • qhsepsibyp3r.jpg

Devastating Attacker crits for 51k vs. 4+ year old raid boss. Goes on to lose the encounter after 36 minutes.

Working as intended
  • LordDunbar wrote: »
    dgree wrote: »
    Yep. SEE's kit is full of weaknesses and anti-synergies that were often misrepresented as strengths

What?

Come on man, how could you not like things such as:
    • Sion not being able to revive after he gets one-shotted by Rey, Kylo, or JML
    • Fear from DR, BSF, Malak hindering SEE's ultimate charging
    • Protection recovery where Malak has no protection at all
    • Protection recovery where all Sith are health based not protection based
    • SEE having to waste a turn linking before he can use his 2-enemy instakill, meanwhile SLKR and Rey are instakilling someone on your team every turn they get
    • SEE having to waste a turn activating his Ultimate before he can use his 2-enemy instakill, meanwhile SLKR and Rey are instakilling someone on your team every turn they get
    • SEE losing his most useful ability that gives his team at least a little bit of survivability, when he transforms

anchorman-ronburgundy.gif

You forgot SEE calling a dazed team to assist
  • > Be me
    > Install SWGOH
    > Build up roster
    > Unlock SEE
    > Uninstall game

Assuming this is actually true, this should be one of the most profound points on the thread. Regardless of whether the kit is WAI or not, the character is so ridiculously expensive just by virtue of being a GL and was such a disappointing return on investment that someone was willing to throw that money out the window to make a point about the toon.

And I know assuming it's true is a big leap, but the sentiment in this post is something a lot of us have shared even though none of us have deleted the game yet.
  • I would Trade SEE for any of the other 3 GLs.. I wouldn't think twice as its not even close.

Or that this small 1 line post has so many likes and thumbs up. This whole situation is a fiasco and its just getting worse. And per typical CG fashion their customer service is non-existent.
  • Shiryu wrote: »
    I would Trade SEE for any of the other 3 GLs.. I wouldn't think twice as its not even close.
    And per typical CG fashion their customer service is non-existent.

No word from any of the community managers since this 1.7k reply thread was created almost a month ago, except for one reply stating they are "looking at things and collecting data", nearly 3 weeks ago.

At least forum mod @Kyno occasionally pops on to give his opinion, but it's been 3 days since we heard from him either.

At this point CG either has to be either blatantly ignoring the problems with SEE or their staff must all be in the hospital with Covid or something. Not a good look either way for a game that has made $1 billion in revenue since it was launched.

Shiryu wrote: »
    I would Trade SEE for any of the other 3 GLs.. I wouldn't think twice as its not even close.

No word from any of the community managers since this 1.7k reply thread was created almost a month ago, except for one reply stating they are "looking at things and collecting data", nearly 3 weeks ago.

At least forum mod @Kyno occasionally pops on to give his opinion, but it's been 3 days since we heard from him either.

At this point CG either has to be either blatantly ignoring the problems with SEE or their staff must all be in the hospital with Covid or something. Not a good look either way for a game that has made $1 billion in revenue since it was launched.

How funny that not too long ago, all the Youtubers were rightfully excited with the announcement of that new community manager guy thinking we’d get a lot more... you know... communication. At this point with CG, it’s really on us tbh. Fool me once etc etc, we should know by now it isn’t going to change.
  • For the record guys, from when Doja and Kyno have answered my questions about why we don't hear anything, it sounds like higher ups are the issue. If we're gonna be snippy and angry, better not to poke fun at the communication team specifically and more at CG who hired up a bigger and better communication staff and then told them they aren't allowed to tell us stuff.

How funny that not too long ago, all the Youtubers were rightfully excited with the announcement of that new community manager guy thinking we’d get a lot more... you know... communication. At this point with CG, it’s really on us tbh. Fool me once etc etc, we should know by now it isn’t going to change.

Nothing against the guy but if you look at his profile here, only 181 or 161 (cant remember which) comments on the forums to date, which, seems like an abysmally low number for someone who's job is communicating with the community.

I don't really think it's his fault; my theory is that the actual CG dev team must be a nightmare to communicate with and get answers from, as my grandfather would say "trying to squeeze water from a rock". Although he has a direct line of communication with them, who knows if they even communcate with the guy.

I suppose another facet to this is the corporate beaurocracy above this game. Before CG can comment on anything or do anything, they need to get approval from EA Games, who in turn need to get approval from Disney, etc. This is where independent games shine, you can communcate directly with the people that the buck stops with.

LordDunbar wrote: »

Nothing against the guy but if you look at his profile here, only 181 or 161 (cant remember which) comments on the forums to date, which, seems like an abysmally low number for someone who's job is communicating with the community.

I don't really think it's his fault; my theory is that the actual CG dev team must be a nightmare to communicate with and get answers from, as my grandfather would say "trying to squeeze water from a rock". Although he has a direct line of communication with them, who knows if they even communcate with the guy.

I suppose another facet to this is the corporate beaurocracy above this game. Before CG can comment on anything or do anything, they need to get approval from EA Games, who in turn need to get approval from Disney, etc. This is where independent games shine, you can communcate directly with the people that the buck stops with.

True, true, like I said I'm sure it's not the fault of the team so much as the company, but that doesn't make it a non-issue. Hey Bob Chapek (Disney) and Andrew Wilson (EA), when do we get an SEE fix? Surely you guys can work around layers of NDA's and corporate chains of command? :D
  • For the record guys, from when Doja and Kyno have answered my questions about why we don't hear anything, it sounds like higher ups are the issue. If we're gonna be snippy and angry, better not to poke fun at the communication team specifically and more at CG who hired up a bigger and better communication staff and then told them they aren't allowed to tell us stuff.

Yeah exactly, what I touched upon in my post above.

The reality is, before the community manager can say anything, he needs an answer from the devs; the devs need an answer from EA Games; EA games needs an answer from Disney...and then back down the chain it goes. It's probably a beaurocratic chain of command nightmare, typical of big corporations. I wouldn't be surprised if Bob Chapek himself has to give the approval on what to do with SEE.
    For the record guys, from when Doja and Kyno have answered my questions about why we don't hear anything, it sounds like higher ups are the issue. If we're gonna be snippy and angry, better not to poke fun at the communication team specifically and more at CG who hired up a bigger and better communication staff and then told them they aren't allowed to tell us stuff.

Yeah exactly, what I touched upon in my post above.

The reality is, before the community manager can say anything, he needs an answer from the devs; the devs need an answer from EA Games; EA games needs an answer from Disney...and then back down the chain it goes. It's probably a beaurocratic chain of command nightmare, typical of big corporations. I wouldn't be surprised if Bob Chapek himself has to give the approval on what to do with SEE.

Yeah but either way it's still a problem. They may as well not have hired Doja to manage the community if they were planning to stop all meaningful communications anyway. Granted they've told us about a huge upcoming update and communicated about the anniversary, but that's the standard we should expect from the company anyway, not a shining beacon of hope we should praise them for.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

At least forum mod Kyno occasionally pops on to give his opinion, but it's been 3 days since we heard from him either.

I have been told multiple times that all the information has been provided and there is no more evidence to provide, they need to make a change or a statement based on what has been provided and the player base should not have to supply anything towards this effort, so I have been checking, but there doesn't seem to be any reason for me to respond.

Your synopsis of the situation is incorrect, but it doesnt matter what I say.
  • Kyno wrote: »

At least forum mod Kyno occasionally pops on to give his opinion, but it's been 3 days since we heard from him either.

I have been told multiple times that all the information has been provided and there is no more evidence to provide, they need to make a change or a statement based on what has been provided and the player base should not have to supply anything towards this effort, so I have been checking, but there doesn't seem to be any reason for me to respond.

Well there's still more to collect, it just shouldn't be our job. We could keep going I'm sure, no one said there isn't more to collect. We just shouldn't *need* to collect more, which seems obvious given the amount we've collected and that we aren't paid employees.

Secondly, we went on to say (and lightheartedly complain about it) that we understand it's not the community team's fault, but it's still an issue. Is our synopsis incorrect that someone other than Doja or you is holding up the information?

But I digress, it's an issue either way if they've still not had any results and no one you've passed data to has made any progress in over a month. Especially once we get past the anniversary, cuz I can acknowledge that's been taking a lot of their time. Although one may argue that not giving themselves a month of leeway after a huge release like two new GL's might be it's own form of mismanagement.

Im trying to infere your message here, but I thinking youre saying in correlation with your previous messages that youre looking for evidence to push forward to dev team.

That was followed up with receiving backlash that all the evidence was there. I for one am sorry youre the first wall to absorb the backlash.

But more importantly: First, testing does seem to have been provided to a pretty good extent. Issues with his kit seem to be pointed out. Is there more testing that could be done? Sure but at what cost and for how long? Lets not be naive that a buff to any high cost character is extremely time sensative for him to maintain any modicum of relevancy before the next big thing drops. With the innumerable amount of mod compositions and team compositions, saying things like "more testing" sounds like "more money" from something that is already viewed as wallet bait.

My final concerns are this: Does every toon require this amount of test results? I dont honestly know if characters commonly go through this? In everything Ive ever developed I felt I got what I was expecting. This is the first character to bring me to the forums.

But the biggest concern of all: Why complete silence? Why not just state: We understand your concerns but we believe that character is WAI. Again it feels like radio silence leaves room for hope for change which encourages people to keep pumping in money.

Players would like to hear some sort of update or decision.
  • Dkfusion wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Is there more testing that could be done? Sure but at what cost and for how long? Lets not be naive that a buff to any high cost character is extremely time sensative for him to maintain any modicum of relevancy before the next big thing drops. With the innumerable amount of mod compositions and team compositions, saying things like "more testing" sounds like "more money" from something that is already viewed as wallet bait.

My final concerns are this: Does every toon require this amount of test results? I dont honestly know if characters commonly go through this?

This. It's a unique situation with anniversary, so we should cut them some slack, but there is a level of time sensitivity to a character like this being tweaked. If it's gone four more months from here, we're looking at the announcement of the next GL's, and with the amount of content supposedly in the works between now and then, I wouldn't be surprised if an SEE fix only gives him a month of viability before new toons push him to the side.

And a note on those final concerns, I agree. To be fair, GL's aren't common characters, they may very well be harder to test, design, and balance than others, so I don't think that should be the baseline. However they have an official record of tweaking an underperforming GL. On that timeline, SLKR was noted to be below expectations, looked into, tested, and finally updated, and all during a time of them working through Covid so they were supposedly stunted in their speed. Yet they got a fix out in a month's time.
    SEE has been out for a month and a half, not during a complete shutdown due to Covid (given it's still blegh but not as bad as March/April), and we're still only on the "looked into" stage before they run any official tests.

So as uncommon as this situation is, even with the limited experiences we have had with this we can tell this is going slower than usual and that is obviously cause for concern.
  • I bet if SEE could do an “unintentional loop” in sith raid he would have been addressed in an hour. Lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dkfusion wrote: »

Im trying to infere your message here, but I thinking youre saying in correlation with your previous messages that youre looking for evidence to push forward to dev team.

That was followed up with receiving backlash that all the evidence was there. I for one am sorry youre the first wall to absorb the backlash.

But more importantly: First, testing does seem to have been provided to a pretty good extent. Issues with his kit seem to be pointed out. Is there more testing that could be done? Sure but at what cost and for how long? Lets not be naive that a buff to any high cost character is extremely time sensative for him to maintain any modicum of relevancy before the next big thing drops. With the innumerable amount of mod compositions and team compositions, saying things like "more testing" sounds like "more money" from something that is already viewed as wallet bait.

My final concerns are this: Does every toon require this amount of test results? I dont honestly know if characters commonly go through this? In everything Ive ever developed I felt I got what I was expecting. This is the first character to bring me to the forums.

But the biggest concern of all: Why complete silence? Why not just state: We understand your concerns but we believe that character is WAI. Again it feels like radio silence leaves room for hope for change which encourages people to keep pumping in money.

You can call it testing, but I have been asking for people to provide examples of what they are saying, and yes I guess you could call it testing, when questions of mods and team comp come up, but we have seen time and time again that new metas "are trash" and yet after more playing and no changes to the character, they are just fine.

This is a new(ish) situation, they usually correct bugs and loopholes, but they dont necessarily change a toon once they are out there to change the power level of said toon. So this is kind of a different situation we wont normally run into.

They have not been silent, they said they are looking at the situation. They did not meet the arbitrary timeline of "looking into it", so now we are here declaring they dont care, and other statements "not making digs at them" but making digs at them.

And I'm sure they would love to have a decision, but that doesn't mean they are going to rush to any conclusions.

You can call it testing, but I have been asking for people to provide examples of what they are saying, and yes I guess you could call it testing, when questions of mods and team comp come up, but we have seen time and time again that new metas "are trash" and yet after more playing and no changes to the character, they are just fine.

This is a new(ish) situation, they usually correct bugs and loopholes, but they dont necessarily change a toon once they are out there to change the power level of said toon. So this is kind of a different situation we wont normally run into.

They have not been silent, they said they are looking at the situation. They did not meet the arbitrary timeline of "looking into it", so now we are here declaring they dont care, and other statements "not making digs at them" but making digs at them.

And I'm sure they would love to have a decision, but that doesn't mean they are going to rush to any conclusions.

Tests? Does anyone think the link ability is WAI? At this point Kyno its time for the 2 week old comment to change from looking into SEE to SEE is not working as intended and we are attempting to figure out the correct tweaks to make.
  • I’m very curious as to what, if they tweak anything at all, they actually will do with his kit to improve him. There’s a plethora of suggestions here but wondering what their line of thinking would be for improvements.

Not trying to nitpick you Kyno, but changing a toon is called a rework, and adding new content regularly changes toons viability. Both things happen semi-regularly. Adding Zeta's changed the viability of tons of toons and improved their power (Maul for example). They added a whole new move to Vader and made him a god. They buffed SLKR because of stuff that wasn't even a bug. They added Resistance tags to the Vets and drastically improved how they function. Adding Piett took every single Imp Trooper and skyrocketed them under a new buff they added to the game just for Piett.

They don't have to necessarily do it by tweaking his kit specifically, but you absolutely can't say they don't change a toon once they are out. It has been happening since they added zetas. They don't have to tweak his kit, they just have the tweak the toon. Be that through a straight stat buff, a kit tweak, a new move, a zeta text update, a new mechanic or buff/debuff, or a supporting toon if they must.

• I have hope until Tuesday when the big 5-year anniversary post comes. I guess they are just so busy with that. Even a simple "we will do some tweaks to Sith Eternal Emperor and Jedi Master Luke Skywalker in an upcoming update soon". Imo Sheev needs some work and Luke needs some tweaks. Cause it is weird that the best lead for Luke is JKR or Bast (with Wat). That means Luke will never get his Ult in practice and I assume CG wants to have the standard be Ult GL > non-Ult GL. Otherwise why spend crystals/money for tickets, if you know non-Ult is just as good, maybe even better than Ult (which is for Sheev in some battles). Even businesswise this is not good for them. For when they announce new GL's or new players come and see they can just spend till they get the character without Ult and then slowly farm tickets for the Ult. It doesn't make sense in that regard to not buff/change/tweak Sheev and Luke

Also imo Sheev needs to control the opposing team more. Like Dooku said to Anakin in the CW "The Sith control everything. You just don't know it!". Again I know lore is not the main focus in the game, but SW has so much lore for fun and good kits :)
This discussion has been closed.