Opinions on Relic 8?

Prev13
As a mid tier player, I’m not all that excited for Relic 8. Relic 7 is already a long journey, and now GL owners & P2P people will have a even higher advantage since they come through certain tiers in events. Thoughts?

Replies

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Paying will give you a time advantage, but investing in the proper character/teams is where the real skill happens.
  • Depends on what r8 entails. If it's only a scaled bump over what what we have right now, it doesn't effect much. Given how much r6 to r7 takes, this bump will bring upon a zinbiddle card problem and possibly a new scrap mat.

If it brings in something extra, new ability or another advantage we are entering new territory though. Because most players are managing their relic levels whether they have the resources to push it more or not.

Side story; I have a serious grump with high level scrap mats because cg purposefully excluded some gear types out of them.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    i don't have any information to form an opinion on relic tier 8 at this moment in time
  • My opinion is that it will be stronger than Relic 7, but not as strong as Relic 9 or 10. Hope that’s helpful.
  • If it helps KAM mission then all for it
  • Ultra wrote: »
    i don't have any information to form an opinion on relic tier 8 at this moment in time

Since when does anyone around here need information before we form an opinion?
  • We're getting relic abilities.... obviously.
  • With IG-11 relic 8 baby Yoda jumps out of the pouch.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I have another question about relic 8.

People say that relic 7 is bad for GAC matchmaking as it inflates your GP.
    So i just wonder if we relic 8, how bad will that affect GAC matchmaking ?

Obviously it will affect, but a little bit or a lot or a a crazy crazy lot ?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    This is the forums. Make something up darnit! The wilder and more controversial the better!!! :D
  • I have another question about relic 8.

Will depend on how much it boosts GP, versus how much it improves the character. From a GAC matchmaking perspective, r0 has the best return(minimal GP increase from g12, but huge stat improvement)
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I have another question about relic 8.

Even if r8 causes a gp bump that's not different than the current relic gp bumps (how much does r6 to 7 cost?), if it comes with a significant benefit, that will cause us push toons we've been keeping around r0-r5 to push to max so will greatly effect MM.
  • I am worried but don't have the information to base anything on yet. It all depends on how hard the new Rancor thing is, since they said that's where we'll get mats for r8.

All things considered, even if the stat bump is scaled, there's an issue if they have limited availability. We don't know how often guilds can do the new Rancor tier, nor how much the rewards are, nor what relic level it's tuned to. They could be blocking off the bottom 90% of players from ever achieving a relic 8 character.
  • Not excited about relic 8, but overall i feel more positive about the game lately. So dunno, wait and see
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2020
    Ultra wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    This is the forums. Make something up darnit! The wilder and more controversial the better!!! :D
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    Relic 8 will milk us dry. Its not to help us, its to drain the rest of any storage. I hate it already.

:smiley:
  • EA do things to make money. Whales spend money. To keep the whales happy, EA has to keep raising the bar.
    Be a whale or always stay mid tier lol.
    That's pay to play.
    Sux
  • I hated LS Geo TB for a long time. I know a lot of people still hate it, feeling like they can't do anything except deploy, or if they can, it's limited to ships. The GLs are terrible for some things, but they have made it possible to win more encounters.

So if r8 makes it possible to win more Points in TB, that's fine.

But CG pushed the difficulty of LS TB way too far out in front of the capabilities of the rosters people had access to. Remember that whether you were a whale or not didn't matter since GLs didn't exist when LS Geo TB was released, and the Negotiator wasn't usable yet either.

If the existence of r8 is used as an excuse to scale difficulty to r10, that's bad. If it's used to allow us to catch up to the difficulty we already face in the hardest events, that's fine.
  • I hated LS Geo TB for a long time. I know a lot of people still hate it, feeling like they can't do anything except deploy, or if they can, it's limited to ships. The GLs are terrible for some things, but they have made it possible to win more encounters.

So if r8 makes it possible to win more Points in TB, that's fine.

But CG pushed the difficulty of LS TB way too far out in front of the capabilities of the rosters people had access to. Remember that whether you were a whale or not didn't matter since GLs didn't exist when LS Geo TB was released, and the Negotiator wasn't usable yet either.

If the existence of r8 is used as an excuse to scale difficulty to r10, that's bad. If it's used to allow us to catch up to the difficulty we already face in the hardest events, that's fine.

I imagine once someone has a full Negotiator fleet and 4 R7 LS teams then they stop hating LS Geo TB. My current fleet has me believing I have a shot, and my 2 R7 teams usually get me at least 3/4 waves, sometimes 4/4. I'm cool with that. I honestly think too many guilds were trying for too long before they were ready. Many just had a skewed perspective. Had they just kept doing Hoth after performing pathetically in LS Geo then they would have just viewed it as something to shoot for later. Instead they kept climbing like Icarus
  • I imagine once someone has a full Negotiator fleet and 4 R7 LS teams then they stop hating LS Geo TB.

I don't have that, but I do get 11/12 or 12/12 of the missions I (seriously) attempt, and almost always beat the fleet mission (I do have the full negotiator fleet). But when you face 2x Jedi missions, well, I don't have 2 separate relic jedi teams who can handle those things, so it's 0/4 or in rare cases 1/4 on that.

Still, that's enough not to hate the thing anymore.
    too many guilds were trying for too long before they were ready. ... they kept climbing like Icarus

Well, that's the point, innit? LS Geo simply outclassed - and continues to outclass - not merely the rosters individuals have, but the rosters people have the ability to accumulate in the current game.

When people have r8 Padme & Ahsoka & GS & Clones, and you have JML & GL Rey with all their requirements at high relic, and you have 7*/relic r8 KAM, they still won't have enough to get 36 stars. You have to not only win all the missions, but have incredible GP average across everyone in your guild. The final star for Fleet, for instance, is simply ludicrously out of reach.

But if they didn't want players to hate LS Geo TB they have the obvious easy option of making the rewards for minimal stars on Geo come in less than the maximum rewards for Hoth. But they didn't. They were telling people with the reward structure that they expect people to stop playing Hoth even before they could win a single encounter in a single mission.

Why send that message? I still think that was a terrible choice, even if I'm competent to compete in most of the combat missions now.
  • LilAngus wrote: »
    EA do things to make money. Whales spend money. To keep the whales happy, EA has to keep raising the bar.
    Be a whale or always stay mid tier lol.
    That's pay to play.
    Sux

Does only whales spend money, does rest of the spending by 500k active players where miniscule amount of it are whales sent to donations?
  • Dislike... unless they handle gear 8 -12 crunch by loosing that up.

Dont feel a new relic level should be done until they make it easy to get to gear 12 from gear 1.

So that means stun guns, cuffs, golden eyes, etc need to be much easier to get... then you can add relic 8... but id also say let people catch up some first.
  • The game has become boring due to the gear crunch and the time you need just to gear useless toons ..
    R8 is a joke ...
  • Dont care about it, my chars needs more mk5 stungunsand mk12 furnances than relic mats.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Dislike... unless they handle gear 8 -12 crunch by loosing that up.

Dont feel a new relic level should be done until they make it easy to get to gear 12 from gear 1.

So that means stun guns, cuffs, golden eyes, etc need to be much easier to get... then you can add relic 8... but id also say let people catch up some first.

It shouldn't have to be easy, but it shouldn't be a PITA either - which it is now, unless of course, you spend spend spend - which is their goal.

R8 will most assuredly benefit those at the top of food chain and it will increase the gap. Just because 'everyone' has access to it, it doesn't keep the gap from growing. Someone growing up in poverty has the technical ability to buy a Ferrari. The 1% can simply walk out and do it. But they both have the 'ability' to be able to acquire it. And, even making it fairer, but saying the guy in poverty will rise up to the level to get that Ferrari is a given - it still takes him years, while the guy who can buy it now can have 3-4 or more by the time the other guy gets one.

So sure, I can start a new account today and i can rise up and get there eventually. But those already there can simply compound their advantage by the time i can get there. And to be fair, they can't really combat that part of the equation much. they try, to an extent with shard groups, but I don't think that applies at the GAC level. But, make no mistake, it absolutely benefits those at the top of the food chain more than anyone else.

And, don't forget, they'll add a new GL better than the existing ones where you'll need to R8 10 characters not needed to do the actually event, so you'll have that to look forward too as well :)
  • Can we wait for the new rancor tier and see what the new relic level looks like before declaring it the end of f2p?
  • Can we wait for the new rancor tier and see what the new relic level looks like before declaring it the end of f2p?

Nope! Bring forth the pitchforks! Set the pitch afire!! Yargghhhh!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.

Absolutely not. I'm surprised Ahnold hasn't had 47 videos on youtube discussing relic 8 already. He's slacking since they banned his alt.
  • Honestly if relic 8 provides a big stat boost it will help with LSGEOTB which everyone’s complained about for a year+ straight. So I think this is good, on the other hand the next GLs will likely require relic 8 (likely be prequels) so that makes it unfair as far as balanced requirements. Most important thing: Please don’t increase the amount of electrum conductors to get to relic 8 and I’m happy 😎
  • Honestly if relic 8 provides a big stat boost it will help with LSGEOTB which everyone’s complained about for a year+ straight. So I think this is good, on the other hand the next GLs will likely require relic 8 (likely be prequels) so that makes it unfair as far as balanced requirements. Most important thing: Please don’t increase the amount of electrum conductors to get to relic 8 and I’m happy 😎

I don't think the needs for future gls will be -balanced- as the new batch isn't balanced with the old bunch(or in between eachother) either. It will keep changing and getting pushed harder.