5th slot choice for Empire

I have the foundation of an Empire team, upto now its been a mix of Sith and Empire, but ild like to split out this and focus my resources towards only Sith, and only Empire as 2 teams.

I have Palp lead, with Vader, Thrawn and Tarkin

Currently have either Snowtrooper or Magmatrooper to slot in, both are about the same gear investment, which is the better of these two to work with.

Replies

• Btw, holding off heavy farming empire until Moff Gideon turns up, but hes going to be a while off before ill get him to a useable level, if at all hes a good member for my team.

https://swgoh.gg/p/354847174/characters/?f=Empire
  • I'd use Shoretrooper if you can farm him. It's better than the options you slotted, but I'd pick Magma out of your options and put Snowtrooper on a Veers Imp. Trooper team
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Plan on working Shoretrooper eventually, not unlocked him yet though, and I have Magma and Snow at 7*, this is just really a temporary slot in until I get to the stage of something like Shoretrooper, which I expect is 4 months away for me.
  • Zaph0dd wrote: »
    Plan on working Shoretrooper eventually, not unlocked him yet though, and I have Magma and Snow at 7*, this is just really a temporary slot in until I get to the stage of something like Shoretrooper, which I expect is 4 months away for me.

I see
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Use Magma, and gear up Death Trooper, Veers, Piett and Starck to go with your Snowtrooper @Zaph0dd
  • I'd use Shoretrooper if you can farm him. It's better than the options you slotted, but I'd pick Magma out of your options and put Snowtrooper on a Veers Imp. Trooper team

OP doesn't have a Veers Imp. Trooper team.

@Zaph0dd I think Snowtrooper would be better. He puts ability block with his basic, and he should do decent damage.

OP doesn't have a Veers Imp. Trooper team.

Read my latest message. He has a low * low gear team which he could gear up and slow-farm. They have great viability (they can beat DR and JKL in 5v5) so they are worth the time.
  • Read my latest message. He has a low * low gear team which he could gear up and slow-farm. They have great viability (they can beat DR and JKL in 5v5) so they are worth the time.

Okay I see what you are saying. @Zaph0dd if you want to build an imp trooper lineup, then you probably should farm another toon for your empire squad, like Shoretrooper as @TheChild_eats_eggs1 said.

But, if you don't want to get imperial troopers now (they require crazy speed mods to really shine), then just go with snow and you'll have more resources available for other farms you want to do. (:
  • Read my latest message. He has a low * low gear team which he could gear up and slow-farm. They have great viability (they can beat DR and JKL in 5v5) so they are worth the time.

Okay I see what you are saying. @Zaph0dd if you want to build an imp trooper lineup, then you probably should farm another toon for your empire squad, like Shoretrooper as @TheChild_eats_eggs1 said.

But, if you don't want to get imperial troopers now (they require crazy speed mods to really shine), then just go with snow and you'll have more resources available for other farms you want to do. (:

This is what you should do. Old_Ben12345 explained what I said. I just said it in seriously horrible english
  • could use bastila fallen, even on low stars she is pretty good
  • Arva wrote: »
    could use bastila fallen, even on low stars she is pretty good

Im replacing Nasty Basty, she isnt Empire, shes going with my Sith team when I finish it, but I know whats going in that.
  • Zaph0dd wrote: »
    shes going with my Sith team when I finish it, but I know whats going in that.

Darth Revan maybe? Just an idea
  • Honestly, with how vader-focused the team is, if you're not looking for raid use, Piett's probably the better 5th even at 3*.

I usually run Palp/Vader/Thrawn/Tarkin/Traya, Unless you're going for SEE I honestly don't think a non-sith empire Sith team that doesn't focus around palp/vader is actually "worth" the investment these days - You don't need a sith team to counter MM with traya, and you don't need a traya team to kill geos these days. The triumvirate team is really outdated overall, and overall behind imp troopers and BHs now.

Personally, since Vader is a almost purely offense-focused team, due to AI issues, I'd go with Piett, as you'll want him geared for both imp troopers in the future, and to replace Tarkin once you get Shoretrooper. (or even replacing tarkin with stormtrooper, since Piett makes him viable.)

And the Emperor's trap zeta is one you'll definitely want in the future anyway, and gives vader more bonuses until you get your troopers team off the ground. (that potency is actually quite good, as vader wants to actually land his DoT stacks.)

By the time you get an imp troopers team off the ground Gideon should be out, and we'll know both what team he's on/using (I still say there's a good chance he might end up replacing veers as an imp troopers lead, or end up replacing shoretrooper as a vader team tank - Both seem fairly possible.) by then.

Piett really does fill in that 5th slot if you're not using Traya, IPD, Shoretrooper or BSF, and he really doesn't even need to be starred/geared all that high - He's there for a unique, and to prevent vader/palp/thrawn from dying first. And once you get that zeta, him just sitting there buffs Merciless by a ton, seeing as it's 6% offense/potency per turn, which is a minimum of like 7 turns in a row for a palp-lead vader (dot, merciless, 5 merciless turns - You can potentially get up to 3 more with perfect turn order against a team with a targetable summon - Geos/MM, via saber throw killing someone and having another dot aoe at the end. (and can technically loop into another one uninterrupted with traya and thrawn going immediately after vader, in that order, for another 6-10 turns. - vader fills all of his team's TM off that first merciless, so it's also consistent against non-hux teams.)

If looking for raid use, then uh, well, neither vader nor sith really do all that well in raids.
    Sith empire's another story, but that still doesn't take Traya. (Sure, that requires unlocking Traya, but HSTR guilds really aren't as hard to get into these days with SLKR being able to solo the whole thing, so really no reason she shouldn't be an option in the relatively short term)

Basically, aim for Piett as your intermediary goal, using either sith or random empire chars (Tie fighter pilot, snowtrooper, etc.) for star locked content - gear him up with either the intent to use him long-term as your 5th, or to transfer him over to a troopers team, as both are very good investments currently, then either replace Tarkin with Gideon or make a solid Trooper team dependent on where he ends up going - Palp/Vader teams excel at offense, and you really should be going for other teams for defense. MM, Geos, Padme, JKR, DR, Shaaktroopers, etc. - which means your vader team really doesn't need a proper tank most of the time, so provided gideon ends up at all decent kit-wise you'll be fully set to use him effectively regardless of which empire team he ends up on.

If both Piett and Gideon go troopers, then either swap back over to using a sith or plug and play for your 5th, or go for IPD/Shoretrooper (plug and plays being: Wampa, wat, daka/zombie, GBA, KRU, Hoda, Nest, Traya, BSF, IG/Kuiil, JKR (hey, plug and play doesn't necessarily mean the best choice. JKR definitely works on nearly any team due to mark being as good as it is.)

If you're really against using piett for whatever reason, TFP's actually probably the best 5th. Buff immunity is great, and gains basically up to 50% TM after every one of his turns from vader keeping debuffs on the entire enemy team.
  • Snowtrooper, he's required for several Dark/Hoth missions so you won't go wrong with Gear for him.
  • Thanks for all the feedback, specially Artumas for suggesting Piett at low star, something I hadnt considered, but as you say, its his unique that matters.
  • Piett
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Piett unless you want to make a veers trooper team
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I’d go Piett, He will boost Vader with a Zeta.