Long Time player. Still a Noob

I have been playing this game for over a year. I have not gotten any of my players to Relic stage. Is this just a pay for game feature? I have spent over 900 hours playing this game but Relic level seems impossible. What us the key to getting a player to Relic?

Replies

• 1. Succeed in one or both of the Arenas - Squad has better crystal payout, but Fleet is easier to break the top 5 where the best rewards are found **and** it awards fleet tokens in addition to crystals, and fleet tokens are what are going to boost your zeta mat income up where it needs to be. Overall, I think it's better to go Fleet first, but if you somehow manage to get good in squad arena first, you can certainly feed that back into Fleet Arena & find yourself doing well in both before long. I did it the other way, using my fleet income to increase my success in Squad Arena. Either way, you're going to have to do well in one ASAP & then transfer that success to the other through steady improvements fueled by crystal spending.

2. Have a great guild.

3. Focus: Pick specific, achievable goals that build on each other and get them done without getting distracted.

4. Have a plan for EVERYTHING.

This means you need about 10 - 12 different plans, once for each store & one for each type of energy. Now, it's technically not necessary to have a plan for Mod Energy if you're trying to achieve relics, but if you're making a plan for everything else, why not?

So if I were to guess, I'd say you probably don't have a plan for how to spend in the GW Store to help your relic quest. But you should have one. This game is designed to take forever & a day to accomplish the big goals. You shouldn't be discouraged that you have no relic'd toons yet. But you can change that if that's what you want. Plenty of people are willing to give advice & even ongoing mentoring. In fact, if you're following Step2, you're already getting great mentoring because that's part of what a great guild does for you. But since you're here asking these questions, I would guess that you also have a guild that's only "okay" or maybe even not that good.

Now, if you're going to actually accomplish #1-4, you probably have to do them in this order:

1. Set your goals, both short term & long. This includes deciding now whether you're going to improve in Fleet Arena first & use that to help you in Squad Arena, or whether you're going Squad Arena first & use that to help you in Fleet Arena.
    2. Plan how to spend all your currencies & energies so that everything you do helps towards those goals.
    3. Get a great guild.
    4. One of those goals should be improving in the Arenas, and it won't come immediately, but it will happen as a result of your work on #1, #2 & #3.

• I mentor a couple people, and for those people we have so many lists - what zetas to get next, which character gets the next Mk5 Stun Gun, etc. They also have plans for which characters are worth buying in the Guild Store and what order to prioritize them as well as which gear is worth buying in the guild store. They don't always have things planned so specifically that they know when to switch back & forth between buying gear in that store & buying characters in that store, but they do have guidelines, like never buy gear in the Guild Store unless it's for their Squad Arena characters (which change, of course) or unless they've finished their top X characters.

Thinking those things through so that when you're not sure whether you want to spend your Guild Tokens on gear or characters really helps. It reduces it to easy questions like, "Am I all done with farming the characters that are best purchased in the Guild Store?" or "Is this gear going to a character in my Arena Squad?"

This also means you don't have to plan things out as specifically as, "the next 17,100 guild tokens go to characters X, Y & Z before I spend the next 6,800 tokens on specific gear salvage A, B, & C." You need to have a plan, but you don't need to be an accountant.

• could you also send swgoh.gg pls
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Being in a good guild is what is going to get you the gear for relics. But be careful not to relic anyone too fast before you have a well rounded roster and good teams worth getting that high. Otherwise you will just be overinflating your power.
  • So I assume that all f2p players take a year or more to max out gear and have the yellow rings around their character icons?
  • Rstan28 wrote: »
    So I assume that all f2p players take a year or more to max out gear and have the yellow rings around their character icons?

Well, I've been playing almost 7 months, and I have 3 gear 12's, one of those is almost 13. I've stayed really focused though. If you pick a team and only gear that team, you should be in g12-13 range in no time. Just focus like MasterSeedy said.
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Being in a good guild is what is going to get you the gear for relics.

Can confirm. I've been in a guild running both geo tb's for a little while now, and that's helped me a lot. Although, the gear that you can only get from geo tb seems to be the gear that I never get from it. :\

Good luck
    I have been playing this game for over a year. I have not gotten any of my players to Relic stage. Is this just a pay for game feature? I have spent over 900 hours playing this game but Relic level seems impossible. What us the key to getting a player to Relic?

To answer your first question, no it is not a pay-for-game feature. It just takes a ridiculously long time to reach for free-to-plays and a very short time to reach for pay-to-wins. In other words, the more money you put into the game, the faster you will be able to relic a character.

To answer your second question, either spend lots of money on the gear or spend countless hours grinding it out yourself. I have been playing for about a year and a half as a strictly-f2p, and I just got my first relic about a month or two ago. It was on Vader, who is fairly easy to get to g13. If you want an easier route to your first relic'd character that is worth using, go for Vader.

Almost all of the materials needed for the g13 I got from these places:

- Territory war loot
    - Territory battle loot
    - Raid loot
    - Guild Store
    - Guild Events Store
    - Championship Store
    - Shard Store

Most of these locations also require an active guild that frequently does Heroic raids, Territory Wars, and Territory Battles. Unless you are willing to buy gear instead (which, looking at some of the prices, can get very expensive), this is the only way to reach a reliable f2p method of farming the materials you need to get a character to g13 and start relic-ing them.

*I did not farm anything using energy, since the gear yields are very slim and are way too unreliable. It is never worth grinding any gear that way, unless there are no other methods in game to farm that gear. Use your energy to farm character shards and ship blueprints instead.*

So I assume that all f2p players take a year or more to max out gear and have the yellow rings around their character icons?

Yeah it took me about a year to get my first g12. After the first, Vader, came my second and third, Rex and Fives. Once you get your first, the next few start flowing in soon after.
  • Btw yellow ring = g12
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/

Yeah it took me about a year to get my first g12. After the first, Vader, came my second and third, Rex and Fives. Once you get your first, the next few start flowing in soon after.

It only took me 6 months f2p to get two g12 characters. I will soon have Vader to g13.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Dito. My alt is complete f2p and nearly 1.5 years old.
    11 Relic Char between R1-R7

Focus is the most important thing in this game!
  • Yeah the problem with this game. Million terminologies. Geos, Phoenix.,sith. Etc.. I currently have 97 characters. Not one one them has a relic. I have Vader at g11 and working on 12. Every challenge, raid or whatever I just use who is ever strongest. So I have yoda, vader, bobba fett, and two others. I work on about 10 characters if not more all the time to compete in the events and challenges. So one day im trying to get jedi raven and the next upgrading yoda. Not sure how to focus in a game like this. Is it worth 3 years to max out two characters? Seems sort of pointless.
    Yeah the problem with this game. Million terminologies. Geos, Phoenix.,sith. Etc.. I currently have 97 characters. Not one one them has a relic. I have Vader at g11 and working on 12. Every challenge, raid or whatever I just use who is ever strongest. So I have yoda, vader, bobba fett, and two others. I work on about 10 characters if not more all the time to compete in the events and challenges. So one day im trying to get jedi raven and the next upgrading yoda. Not sure how to focus in a game like this. Is it worth 3 years to max out two characters? Seems sort of pointless.

You will never get anywhere if you keep switching which heroes you upgrade based on which event is currently running. Focus by sticking to your plan, regardless of current events. If you can complete an event, great. If not, just do what you can and then move on.
    The other option is to buy gear bundles so you CAN focus everything at once, but that will require a hefty number of crystal vaults to play that way.