Anniversary rewards!

Replies

• Anniversaries has always been their anniversary..
    Don't expect anything else then new packs...
  • AyyJake wrote: »
    With HODA & Wampa needed for Jedi Luke, on top of saving for Malak/GAS that seems nearly unattainable.

I've been playing for a few years; mostly as F2P.
    And I've Malak, Wampa & Hoda.
    You can do it, but you have to play at least Hoth once a month and keep every GET1 you earn.
  • Just gimme JKL event and I`m happy :)
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Merailla wrote: »
    Just gimme JKL event and I`m happy :)

Sshhh I need a few weeks
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    Merailla wrote: »
    Just gimme JKL event and I`m happy :)

Yes! Bring it on!
  • Hopefully the discounts on crystals return with vaults getting the same discount. Ridiculous they haven’t offered it in awhile honestly
  • Of all the things they should work on....

GAC matchmaking
    GAC new maps
    Ship squad selection
    Raid rewards
    Raid Scoring System
    Gameplay Bugs (turn meter, rey freeze..etc, anakin ship)
    Player Sandbox (community ask)
    New re-playable content (not reskinned stuff we have already seen)

GET currency is probably and should be last on the list.
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    Extra guild activities gives you a goal to get more GET tokens. If you can buy them, then nobody would have the need to do the guild activities.

Working towards getting gas or Malak 7* shouldn’t be instant just because you want it.

If you want that, then this game isn’t for you.

It also shouldn't be as long as it was when he was meta. And in reality it isn't. There are more events giving out get currency than there were a few years ago. So the grind is eased some. The new raid will likely ease it more. How much is hard to say.

But the idea that a character should forever remain as hard to get as they were when launched is ludicrous. That's like saying a 2 year old car should cost the same as it did brand new. Malak and even gas don't have the utility they did when released. They are still great characters but aren't meta. So it is reasonable that they cost less (measured in time) than they did before.

And that is the case already for farming their requirements. It may need to be the case for the get currency at some point too.

This will likely happen in the form of more events rewarding the currency but could also be achieved by lowering the price in store if you want to specifically help newer players get the shards sooner.
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    Extra guild activities gives you a goal to get more GET tokens. If you can buy them, then nobody would have the need to do the guild activities.

Working towards getting gas or Malak 7* shouldn’t be instant just because you want it.

It also shouldn't be as long as it was when he was meta. And in reality it isn't. There are more events giving out get currency than there were a few years ago. So the grind is eased some. The new raid will likely ease it more. How much is hard to say.

But the idea that a character should forever remain as hard to get as they were when launched is ludicrous. That's like saying a 2 year old car should cost the same as it did brand new. Malak and even gas don't have the utility they did when released. They are still great characters but aren't meta. So it is reasonable that they cost less (measured in time) than they did before.

And that is the case already for farming their requirements. It may need to be the case for the get currency at some point too.

This will likely happen in the form of more events rewarding ocurrency but could also be achieved by lowering the price in store if you want to specifically help newer players get the shards sooner.

Some cars increase in value over time....just sayin. I would also argue that Malak and GAS are more important than ever since GAS is an integral part of (non GL) GL counters.
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »

This will likely happen in the form of more events rewarding ocurrency but could also be achieved by lowering the price in store if you want to specifically help newer players get the shards sooner.

Some cars increase in value over time....just sayin. I would also argue that Malak and GAS are more important than ever since GAS is an integral part of (non GL) GL counters.

Very few cars increase in value over time other than for collecting purposes. So the anology fits alright.

And you have a point that malak and gas still have value. But still not as much as when they were new. At release, they held in the top 20 of arena and dominated in gac. That is more valuable than a counter in gac or an offensive climb team in arena.

I'm not saying they should be free. But maybe a little cheaper. And in another year, when they lose even more value (as all characters do) they should probably be even cheaper.

Very few cars increase in value over time other than for collecting purposes. So the anology fits alright.

And you have a point that malak and gas still have value. But still not as much as when they were new. At release, they held in the top 20 of arena and dominated in gac. That is more valuable than a counter in gac or an offensive climb team in arena.

I'm not saying they should be free. But maybe a little cheaper. And in another year, when they lose even more value (as all characters do) they should probably be even cheaper.

I agree, but I would argue the amount of sources of GET currency going up is essentially a cost nerf, as long as you don't spend all of it on gear without thinking ahead. So for smart players, the price has gone down.

But back on the topic of anniversary rewards and relating it to GET, I don't believe for a second that the solution to any GET related woes in this thread is handing out any substantial amount of GET as a gift or making it purchasable in the shop. It may get cheaper, but you still have to actually fight for and earn Malak/GAS with your guild. That's the whole point.

I agree, but I would argue the amount of sources of GET currency going up is essentially a cost nerf, as long as you don't spend all of it on gear without thinking ahead. So for smart players, the price has gone down.

But back on the topic of anniversary rewards and relating it to GET, I don't believe for a second that the solution to any GET related woes in this thread is handing out any substantial amount of GET as a gift or making it purchasable in the shop. It may get cheaper, but you still have to actually fight for and earn Malak/GAS with your guild. That's the whole point.

I'm fine with that. And adding additional sources of get is a fine solution and they have used it.

I only brought up lowering the store price as an option if they want to lower the price of the shards only and not associated gear to disproportionately help newer player.

I agree with you that it doesn't need to be purchasable but handing out a few thousand (or malak and gas shards) once a year is fine.

On the Gl shard as a gift issue.

I actually don't think GL shards would be all that helpful. It won't get you there much faster since even 15 shards is less than a day of energy to do a portion of the event.

It would be far better to give out piett/chewpio/mon mothma shards add and maybe 1000 regular energy for ticket farming.

10 or 15 or even 50 GL kylo shards are completely worthless unless I'm already ready for him and even then it saves a day of energy refreshes at most.

I'm fine with that. And adding additional sources of get is a fine solution and they have used it.

I only brought up lowering the store price as an option if they want to lower the price of the shards only and not associated gear to disproportionately help newer player.

I agree with you that it doesn't need to be purchasable but handing out a few thousand (or malak and gas shards) once a year is fine.

On the Gl shard as a gift issue.

I actually don't think GL shards would be all that helpful. It won't get you there much faster since even 15 shards is less than a day of energy to do a portion of the event.

It would be far better to give out piett/chewpio/mon mothma shards add and maybe 1000 regular energy for ticket farming.

10 or 15 or even 50 GL kylo shards are completely worthless unless I'm already ready for him and even then it saves a day of energy refreshes at most.

Ooooh I actually like the idea of giving out some requirement shards. If they gave out shards for some of the hardest to farm requirements of each GL, that would be more useful than handing out GL shards. Give me 10 shards each of Hux, Sith Trooper, Mon Mothma, the Res Heroes, Chewpio, Piett, etc. Make my F2P GL farm shorter on my lower account, THAT'S a gift :D
  • All I want for the anniversary is a R7 Zeta'd Clone Wars Chewie
    5e94826f7d7499000120d564-image_f9b9d30e.jpeg?region=0%2C48%2C1536%2C768&width=960

*I suppose the relic mats refunded for the 672 Gentlemen/women of exquisite taste who already have him at G13 or above*
  • KAM shards would be the greatest present and very appreciated! <3
  • Ok... anniversary is tomorrow... still no news on the gifts?
  • I just want 100k GET1 tokens.
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    Mandelbro wrote: »
    I just want 100k GET1 tokens.

I like your style! Dream Big, Dream Big
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    It would be nice if they said thx to the paying community.
    F2P-get normal amount of rewards
    P2P- get 2x the rewards

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Fredy5 wrote: »
    Anniversaries has always been their anniversary..

You are wrong about last year and you will be wrong about this year. See you next year!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    It would be nice if they said thx to the paying community.
    F2P-get normal amount of rewards
    P2P- get 2x the rewards

LOL
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • 2 portions and blue milk
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Wadthebad wrote: »
    2 portions and blue milk

Nah, one quarter portion.
  • Just help me get my slkr geared to g13 and I'm a happy person. No seriously.... Please
  • TVF wrote: »
    Wadthebad wrote: »
    2 portions and blue milk

Nah, one quarter portion.

60 portions
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

@Fredy5 are you not accepting the gift sent to your inbox on principle?
  • TVF wrote: »

@Fredy5 are you not accepting the gift sent to your inbox on principle?

If he doesn't want it, I'll take it.