Feat- He's Holding a Thermal Detonator

Prev1
So I think this feat was not thought out well. Pretty much impossible to get (in the early tiers) because their team doesn't last long enough for me to try applying 40 thermals, even when i am trying to not kill them. On other GCs I don't think that there were feats that I couldn't complete because my team was too powerful. Its really just academic anyway because the rewards for the feat are garbage, but I thought it was strange

Replies

• Did you use Jawas?
  • No! I didn't even think of that! thank you, I just assumed I had to use BH for that feat as well. Were you able to get it using jawas?
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    I got tier 1 using Jawas. 3-4 I think I used Zam lead.
  • This one doesn't seem to be cumulative either, I just ran tier 5 a handful of times with no luck, anyone confirm either way about it being cumulative?
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Tier one. Zam and Greedo. All that’s needed
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    This one doesn't seem to be cumulative either, I just ran tier 5 a handful of times with no luck, anyone confirm either way about it being cumulative?

It doesn't seem to be. I beat t5 after having achieved the feat in lower tiers and nothin' doin'. I think the cumulative thing on the other GC may have been a bug.
  • Yeah, they still need to add counters to these things so we know what we're doing, but the "too powerful" thing won't be an issue after they add the auto-complete.

In the meantime, as mentioned, t4 and below just use Jawas. I actually only used 4 Jawas so I could get undersized as well.
  • Zam lead for the lower tiers. Rey-led Jawas for the later tiers. On a guildie's suggestion, I did T7 with Rey/Wat/Scavenger/Engineer/Nebit. Tank tech on Nebit, pile lifeblood on him. Try not to die.
  • Rewards wise tier 7 is the only "interesting" one anyway and even there 3x Mk5 detonators? So awesome...
    But it can be done (tier 7) by trying to stall it out a bit (not doing a second disintegrate f.e.) while applying some thermals with Dengar and Zam.
    st362segay4p.png
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • It would be nice if CG integrates more than just 3 feats per GC. This thermal detonator one is impossible for me to achieve, because my BHs are G12+ and my Jawas are too strong for the lower tiers, but too weak for the highest tiers.. the BHs I have barely invested in are lower than the others.
  • It would be nice if CG integrates more than just 3 feats per GC. This thermal detonator one is impossible for me to achieve, because my BHs are G12+ and my Jawas are too strong for the lower tiers, but too weak for the highest tiers.. the BHs I have barely invested in are lower than the others.

Try using a partial team of jawas on lower tiers. I was having the same problem until I dropped to just Scav and Nebit. Unless Scavenger by himself is too strong, there is a comp that will work for you.

For the higher tiers, I just ran Rey lead with jawas. Quite bizarre - but effective. I think on tier 7 I swapped in R2 for more survivability.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

I have the opposite problem. My jawas are such trash they get creamed even on t1. And not worth gearing them.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Jawa Engineer, Jawa scavenger, hoda works for lower tiers.
  • I found this team worked: Rey, General Kenobi, Jawa Scavenger, Jawa Engineer, Chief Nebitt. My Jawas are all gear 8, and I was able to clear tier 7. Rey's Lifeblood really helps them survive!
  • Budgernaut
    118 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Rewards wise tier 7 is the only "interesting" one anyway and even there 3x Mk5 detonators? So awesome...
    But it can be done (tier 7) by trying to stall it out a bit (not doing a second disintegrate f.e.) while applying some thermals with Dengar and Zam.
    st362segay4p.png

Kudos to you! I had given up on tier 6 and 7 until I saw your post. I have r7 Mando, Karga, and Bossk, plus g12 Zam and Dengar. When I saw that your squad worked, it gave me the hope to persevere and I finally cleared all the challenges! You are a hero!

As for the early tiers, my g12 Zam was able to solo them and meet the challenge requirement for thermal detonators. No Jawas needed - it was time for bounty hunters to shine!
  • If your jawas are relic'd up, just put scavenger in by himself and take his mods off.

Zam's lead puts thermal dets on the enemy when BH use their specials, so that's an option too.
  • Budgernaut
    118 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    If your jawas are relic'd up, just put scavenger in by himself and take his mods off.

Zam's lead puts thermal dets on the enemy when BH use their specials, so that's an option too.

I tried that with r7 Bossk, Jango, Greef, and Mano but couldn't get it to work because it took too long to fulfill the contract. I found that you need to get the contract ASAP and disintegrate one of the tanks, so having her contract be so slow to fulfill makes things really tough. Maybe I can keep trting.

EDIT: I just tried it again with Zam lead, Bossk, Dengar, Greef, and Mando and it was too easy. Although I don't have a count of thermal detonators (TDs), it felt like I had way more than my previous runs. I did something different this time. Previously, I tried to avoid setting off the TDs with Zam because I wanted her to add more with her Electro-goggles, but it just didn't add enough. This time, I tried to get her to set off as many as I could so that she could gain turn meter, thus increasing her rate of cooldown and allowing her to throw more TDs sooner. This hlped me fulfill the contract faster which gives Zam stealth to save her from the counters.

EDIT 2: It's not fool-proof, but when you get the right start, it flows pretty smoothly. After 4 tries, I have a 50% success rate with this setup. Speed and turn order matters, of course. Usually Bossk taunts, enemy IG-88 does his AOE, then Greef Karga takes a turn and dispels all debuffs on my BHs. If Karga gets ability blocked, it's over. Also, Kuill's unique buff seems to add enough tenacity that if you don't have the contract by time he starts spreading that buff, you'll have a rough time. Of course, it's not over, because you can dispel buffs with Greef Karga. Now, as I said before, your game plan is to blow up detonators to feed turn meter to Zam to put on more TDs. The best part is you have a team of assists! When Mando can, use his Transpierce to call Zam to attack someone with a TD. Alternatively, whenever Bossk, Greef Karga, or The Mandalorian use a special ability to call an assist, there is a chance to put on a TD, so even if the target has no TDs, you could put one on and still have Zam detonate it on the assist. When you fulfill the contract, I recommend disintegraring IG-11 first because he's tanky and this lost doesn't have a lot of punch. Disclaimer: I still count easily count the TDs, so I'm just assuming I got 40, but with how many turns Zam was getting, I'm sure they got 40.

Final thoughts: This list is super fun! I think Zam's leader ability is aptly named Having a Blast!
    Post edited by Budgernaut on
  • T5-7 I used Zam lead (g11 no zeta), g11 greef, g12 Dengar, g12 mando (unique zeta), and R7 malak. Fear really shuts down the other team once malak is taunting so you have enough time to apply enough thermal dets. When it's time to win, Malak was the only one left standing and soloed the remaining scoundrels. Note that Kuill and 88 are a threat to him with Shock and Heal Immunity.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    When it's time to win, Malak was the only one left standing and soloed the remaining scoundrels.

Pray tell please, how did you know it was time to win? Were you counting TD attempts?
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
    When it's time to win, Malak was the only one left standing and soloed the remaining scoundrels.

Pray tell please, how did you know it was time to win? Were you counting TD attempts?

Old fashioned way - counting the applied dets on my fingers :smile:
    For zam and dengars AOE's I counted resist's on 1x speed (5 chars + an additional det from her lead, 6 - #resists). Greef, Dengar, and Mando just add one when the used their other specials. So you can get 20 pretty quickly on the opening moves. Zam gets TM every time she explodes a det with her basic, so she can cycle See What Sticks and Electro pretty often.
    I've already given feedback on the need for some sort of feat meter in the GC thread, even if it's just a bar (like a raid boss health) or percentage (like BH payouts).
    kalidor wrote: »

You have 40 fingers?!? :o:D
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »

You have 40 fingers?!? :o:D

3 kids ;)
  • Who to use on todays feats? Cant seem to find a squad to finish feats.
    El Nahual
  • Who to use on todays feats? Cant seem to find a squad to finish feats.

Are you talking about Stunning Victory? Yeah, I'm at a loss for that one. I think you need a non-nounty hunter squad with stuns on basic. Aurra and R2-D2 are the first that come to mind.
  • Stunning Victory isn't too bad if you have good nightsisters. A relic daka will keep reviving everyone and you can stun away. Plague helps to prevent ig11 from dispelling those stuns so you can control the match a bit. zztalzin lead (g12), zzAsajj (r5), zDaka (r6), spirit (g12), zombie (g12). For T3 I had to drop spirit, and T2 was Daka lead, asajj, zombie. Couldn't so T1 because they died too fast, don't have a solution for that yet (but don't really care).
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Rewards wise tier 7 is the only "interesting" one anyway and even there 3x Mk5 detonators? So awesome...

I was able to do complete tier V using a lvl 53 Zam Lead, 53 Dengar, 85 Bossk, 85 Greef and 85 Mando, my Zam lead has abilities at lvl 6 and Dengar at lvl 6 and the other chars are maxed out except for the Zeta's.

Zam, Dengar only being 6 stars and Bossk only 5 stars, with the rest being 7 stars.

The way I did it was used Zam and Dengar's thermals and just healed with Bossk and Greef, I also just used the basic shot on Mando and the others. My suggestion is to take out the IG-88 and that Ugnut from the start, then work on Young Lando next. I was able to complete the mission even though the enemy squad was LVL 80 without losing a character.
  • Unfortunately it gets a lot harder as your account levels up and you start getting into relic-territory.

But it’s still very much possible using basically the same strategy. I started with Bossk (r5), Boba (r6), IG-88 (r4), Dengar (r5), and Greedo (g12) thinking the fight would last a long time and I’d get the bombs with a couple Dengar and Greedo specials, but the mobs are surprisingly squishy! Anyway, that got me the Full Bounty Hunter feat.

So then I tried again, dropping 88 (too much damage too fast), moving Bossk to a normal character, and using Zam (g11) as my leader. That got it done surprisingly quick—Zam’s basic refreshed her specials real fast.

For DoTs I used Palpatine lead (g11) and Vader (r7–GUESS WHAT SHIP I’M WORKING TOWARDS!) the rest of the team didn’t even matter. Vader at that level hits like a truck and Merciless Massacre lives up to its name!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

I was able to do complete tier V using a lvl 53 Zam Lead, 53 Dengar, 85 Bossk, 85 Greef and 85 Mando, my Zam lead has abilities at lvl 6 and Dengar at lvl 6 and the other chars are maxed out except for the Zeta's.

Zam, Dengar only being 6 stars and Bossk only 5 stars, with the rest being 7 stars.

The way I did it was used Zam and Dengar's thermals and just healed with Bossk and Greef, I also just used the basic shot on Mando and the others. My suggestion is to take out the IG-88 and that Ugnut from the start, then work on Young Lando next. I was able to complete the mission even though the enemy squad was LVL 80 without losing a character.

Impressive necro. Of the week? Maybe.
    st362segay4p.png

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

I’ve only been getting the crate as a reward at payout time when competing all the feats for Galactic Challenges. I don’t get an individual reward for completing a feat - just the red crate. I thought this was normal.

So what’s that 2nd picture that shows “Feat Rewards” for completing a feat? I finished the detonator one on highest level, earned the red crate, but haven't seen a screen giving me loot for completing the detonator feat (or any feat, for that matter). Am I missing something?