Solicitation for Topics of Interest

Prev13456725
CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
520 posts EA Community Manager
edited March 2022
Hello Holotable Heroes,

As I've been working on a plan for broader community engagement, I've also been considering visiting topics of interest that you, the players, would like to hear more about.

While this seems like the perfect opportunity for trolls to really let it fly on this thread (it's the internet, I get it), let me be more specific by adding the caveat that I am not asking for a list of currently-known, hot-button issues. I am very familiar with the sentiment surrounding those issues, and have done my part to communicate your feelings.

What I'm asking for are any topics of interest that need more explanation (such as a dev breakdown on certain game mechanics -- similar to the Scrybe video breakdown), might be fun to talk about ( for example, some of your favorite Galactic Challenges and what made them enjoyable), or a behind the scenes look at older features/content (I plan on one day telling the story about staying at the studio until 4am to work on the STR mere days before its release).

So, let's hear it. Feel free to include reasons you think it's fun or valuable for the community to explore your suggested topic.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• I'd like to hear about sunset legacy characters. Like, I fondly remember Luminara. But now she has no place anywhere. Back in the day you could at least make the case that she was good for new players to help bolster their roster while they work on better characters, but now there are a healthy number of teams available at early levels using newer characters. Some sunset characters--like Consular or Plo Koon--got new life with ships, or accidental reworks (jawas) that made them relevant again. I remember hearing someone say that reworks are harder to do than new characters so I don't expect these obsolete characters to get reworks. But what are the general thoughts on these characters?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Sebek wrote: »
    I Have to Thank You @CG_Doja_Fett for Communicating With Us, I Really Love it.
    Why doesn't Kuiil Say "I Have Spoken" when Using the I Have Spoken Ability(Mostly Joking here)?
    So for a Point of Interest, I Really would love to hear how are Kits are Created/Designed? :smiley:

I would also like to see the process of creating a character's kit.
  • Up until the release of GLs, we used to have faction/toon reworks/touch-ups that accompany event toon releases which was met with excitement each time.

We didn't get it with gls leaving previously junky toons still very junky, but polluting high standing in our roster at high relics. I want to know the reason behind this turn and if reworks/touch-ups is coming back.
  • I really enjoy the events like assualt battles.it would be nice to have more events and 3v3 content to do more testing with the squads.i really enjoy assault battles and how easy and difficult they can be in later tiers.gives you a challenge to work for and rewards you pretty good.a new legendary event and/ or some new mythic events would also spice things up a bit. i also know cg also shot this idea down awhile back,but the holotables need more porkins. It would be funny but you could also make him a pilot for a ship and give his ship a sacrfice similar to what fives does for another clone trooper.he could sacrafice himself in battle so another more powerful rebel ship survives
  • Hello Holotable Heroes,

As I've been working on a plan for broader community engagement, I've also been considering visiting topics of interest that you, the players, would like to hear more about.

While this seems like the perfect opportunity for trolls to really let it fly on this thread (it's the internet, I get it), let me be more specific by adding the caveat that I am not asking for a list of currently-known, hot-button issues. I am very familiar with the sentiment surrounding those issues, and have done my part to communicate your feelings.

What I'm asking for are any topics of interest that need more explanation (such as a dev breakdown on certain game mechanics -- similar to the Scrybe video breakdown), might be fun to talk about ( for example, some of your favorite Galactic Challenges and what made them enjoyable), or a behind the scenes look at older features/content (I plan on one day telling the story about staying at the studio until 4am to work on the STR mere days before its release).

So, let's hear it. Feel free to include reasons you think it's fun or valuable for the community to explore your suggested topic.

CGdojafett, here’s what I think would be absolutely amazing. Reach out the amazing content creators of this game, ahnaldt101, cubsfanhan, hynsey, and others. Ask them what they want to talk about with you and other devs. I’m sure you can find plenty that they would love to discuss and I’m sure that the community would receive any interaction with these YouTuber’s with open arms. I know that the dev studio and the content creators for this game have not always had the best relationship, but “ it’s time to let old things die, kill it if you have to. It’s the only way to become what you are meant to be. “ I know this may not exactly answer the question, but please consider this..... I even hear some YouTuber’s have already taken bets on if you will reach out to them or not. Keep up the good work !
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Love this idea!

Any chance of a ship DeathStar guild raid? I think spicing up fleet could be fun.

How do they decide on character tags? Examples: JKL isn’t a rebel and IG-11 isn’t a tank, Visas only has a healer tag. I have some guesses, but interesting.

Can more 3v3 content be introduced to practice with these squads?

Thanks CG_Doja_Fett
  • Behind the scenes series on retired events: droids fight back, flash events, squad tournaments, ...

Devs share favorite character that almost got released but didn’t and why he/she got cut from the schedule.

• I would like to see the process from start to finish on how raids are designed. The mechanics, the special buffs or debuffs discussion, the fine line between making it fun or frustrating. The plus and the minuses of the whole process.
    Perhaps a sneak peek at the new and improved Rancor and the design behind the challenge tier :)
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I have a bunch of questions i need dev breakdown on, but as far as topics of interest goes, I did like in-game information that Crumb gave with fun facts about the game that you don't have data for OR about the office itself

Some Dev Breakdown questions:

1. Why are some G12 pieces not available for scrap for Electrium Conductor and Zinbiddle Card? The explanation in the recent Q&A didn't make much sense
    2. Why does JML and SEE do not have broad synergy with Light Side / Dark Side alignment? Do you guys regret not limiting Rey / Kylo to their respective factions? GLs were advertised to have broad alignment synergies when Rey / Kylo came out
  • Ultra wrote: »

1. Why are some G12 pieces not available for scrap for Electrium Conductor and Zinbiddle Card? The explanation in the recent Q&A didn't make much sense

So much this.

• I would like to know:
    -1 is there plans ever for more Clones 😂
    -2 (more importantly/mainly) how does CG decide which characters to make legendary, journey, confrontation, etc. is it based on characters overall influence in SW
  • As long as you’re acknowledging the desire to hear more about the “currently known, hot button” stuff and plan to also address that stuff, as is being mentioned above and, I’m sure, below: “ a behind the scenes look at older features/content (I plan on one day telling the story about staying at the studio until 4am to work on the STR mere days before its release).” peaked my interest. More of this.
  • Am I on the list of Trolls? haha.

Anyway, I would like to know more about the match selection algorithm because it seems by far the worst point in the game.
  • Ironjehoshaphat
    335 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I would like an update on tools for officers and guild leaders to get a better since of how well guildmates are contributing in TWs and TBs. Battle logs post those events would be helpful. In TB’s it would be nice to see more detail on CMs and a difference in ships and toons GP deployed Etc.

Does this idea fall into the previous “known” items mentioned in the post?

@Konju A ships based Raid should already be in the game... it only make sense to be the Death Star
  • 1Sandbox format for guildies to play against each other to practice with different mods and characters.
    2 During TW it would be great to be able to watch the other teams attack you, and you to be able to watch your guild mates in their battles.
    Thank you and really enjoy your game.
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Why doesn't Kuiil Say "I Have Spoken" when Using the I Have Spoken Ability(Mostly Joking here)?
    So for a Point of Interest, I Really would love to hear how are Kits are Created/Designed? :smiley:
    jawa7778 wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »

I would also like to see the process of creating a character's kit.

I concur, but also I'd really like to hear about the process of picking characters to add in the first place. Obviously new content like Mando Season 2 gives ideas, but how did someone decide to add Piett? Is there a pitch meeting? Or do people just kinda submit ideas?
  • Why cantina energy still is the most expensive energy (in terms of refreshments and purchases) considering is important to relic characters and the fact R8 is coming?
  • Fingolfin26
    270 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    How frequently are decisions dictated for cg by ea? I'm curious if ea has any kind of regular active role in decision making, or if they trump and change what cg was planning on doing. So like maybe financially, maybe cg wants to do something (cough sandbox mode cough) but ea decides for profit margin reasons that they'd rather the resources get allocated elsewhere?

Does disney determine star wars stuff, like what characters you can portray? Or ea? When cg needs some advanced knowledge of characters to start working out kits do they go to ea or Disney for that?

Not trying to fling mud or anything just honestly curious
  • Some longer-form questions:
    • What kind of work goes into putting together a Content Update? Have there been any significant changes to what does and doesn’t need a content update to go live within the game (I know double drops used to need a full restart to go live)?
    • Are there any particular criteria that go into building weekly shipments, or the frequency at which they change? Will weekly shipments change if there wasn’t a content update in the preceding week?

• Is it possible to watch a battle later, such as in TW and GAC? It would be interesting to see how your teams defended.
    Why have there been more updates requiring to download outside of the game recently? They used to happen every 3~4 months but we've had several just since September.
  • 22ofl1obw129.jpg

I like Galatic challenge. Yes this one. Then it was challenging and I still play it from time to time. There is this feeling when it was new is to keep ur best toons for the last few nodes so u can power through it and compete it. It was really an achievement back then to be able to complete GW on a daily basis.

But the power creep kicked in and the rewards are just old school that people just sim it.

Make the old contents interesting, scale up the rewards. Make things fun again.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I'd love to know how you decide which characters to add. We have the OT more or less covered, same for ST. PT still has some reserves. SomeTCW, a bit Rebels, but no Resistance at all. Some KOTOR, but no other games. Pretty much nothing from other non-cinematic media. So, which sources are off limits and which are fair game? Is there some (at least vague) priority order for those that can be used? How much are you bound by official canon?
  • What sort of work streams are used?
    Does the studio use an agile or waterfall method?
    What colour lightsaber would you have?
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    deleted
  • If this question has asked before, then I apologize, but could we have newer characters (or just different ones) dropped in the Bronzium Data Cards.
    I think most of us have Boba Fett, Ima-Gun-Di and Mace Windu at 7* now, so something different would be nice. I'm not asking for any GL's or journey paths, but maybe having month of perhaps Rogue One or Resistance dedicated characters?
  • I'm gonna second Nauros. What's the process on who gets in? And how much interaction does CG have with other branches of the Star Wars machine, like bioware or marvel? Is there a red list, are characters from old republic on it? Will you release Kyle Kattarn when the High Republic doesnt pan out like Afroman might sing about?
  • What do the developers think about the perfomance of Sith Eternal Emperor?
    Working as intended or underperforming?
  • 1) Are there any plans for Galactic Bounty I/II events to happen more often then once every six weeks (on average)? Perhaps have each one run once per calendar month? Is a Galactic Bounty III event in the works?

2) We have had a credit heist for a long time now. It's great. Will we ever have a ship credit heist? Instead of using toons, we could use ships. Even a seldom used faction would be great as it would encourage people to upgrade their ships (which generally means upgrading the ship's pilots as well).

3) Some battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in are starting to get tedious. All of the eight round assault battles come to mind. Are there any plans to allow us to sim ALL battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in? Over a year ago, you (you as in CG) said that you were going to take a "holistic approach to time-saving" but since then, you have made these battles take even more time by adding additional tiers to the events. Can you please explain the contradiction?

4) Over a year ago, CG said that fleet "squads" were on their QOL wishlist. Ever since then, people have been asking for them during every Q&A. Now with 8 capital ships, the need is even greater. Will we ever be able to save our fleets just like we do with squads?
  • For some character you base the kit respect to their peak form in the story (GAS, rey, SLKR,...), for other their final form (SEE, JML,...), for other again you design them as we see at the beginning of their journey (Mando,...). What is the thought process behind this decision? How do you choose which point of the story you will use to take inspiration for the character?
This discussion has been closed.