Shard Economy Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• DemonR wrote: »
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    DemonR wrote: »
    KavisStarr wrote: »
    Kinda frustrated that I spent my shards in the store this morning before they doubled what I had. I only had 1 left and so they doubled it to 2. How is this fair? Somebody else may have had 2k in their stores and now have 4k. I feel like I was blindsided with a kick in the cro-tch. I had a couple thousand yesterday and would have saved them had I known they were gonna get doubled.

First of all they have a lot of warning that they’d be doubling everyone’s shard shop currency when the update went live so that’s on you. Secondly everything in the shard shop doubled so it doesn’t matter in the slightest if you spent them yesterday or today

You are wrong.

I purchased using old method, but didnt convert them til after the update.

I purchased from the old shop after the update, before the refresh.

I got burned both times.

Both instances are your own fault. If you didn’t convert your shards they won’t double. If you spent your currency before the refresh that’s your own fault. You burned yourself bud.
    I burned myself due, and would not have burned myself but for lazy, ****, inappropriate, game design.

Also, my first bronzium pull after was a character... so, burned 3 times within 10minutes. This update is ****.

The 3rd one was unlucky, it’s the one negative about the update. The other two were your fault, nothing to do with game design. They told us how the shard shop would be affected so you could have planned ahead
  • Such crap,
    Would it have been so hard to change those values in the stores at the same time as the Shard Shop???

This is a callous move that is just going to **** a lot of people off.

Was there even a post that the changes would be at different times? I haven't seen one.

I'm just not sure what to attribute this stuff too..... Incompetence, Ignorance, or Malicious Intent?

Note there is no good answer there.

Regardless is just 1 more thing making me enjoy the game less every day.
  • Such crap,
    Would it have been so hard to change those values in the stores at the same time as the Shard Shop???

This is a callous move that is just going to **** a lot of people off.

Was there even a post that the changes would be at different times? I haven't seen one.

I'm just not sure what to attribute this stuff too..... Incompetence, Ignorance, or Malicious Intent?

Note there is no good answer there.

Regardless is just 1 more thing making me enjoy the game less every day.

It was in the update post. I don’t see why the stores not updating before refreshing makes a difference. If you looked at the stores and saw everyone was still available to buy for 5 shards instead of 10 and still bought them then you’ve only got yourself to blame
  • Bartek wrote: »
    All of this sounds very, very reasonable. A quick question: as the gear in Shard Store will cost twice as before - will we get double shards from Bronzium Data Cards as well? All of the characters obtainable there are kinda legacy toons.

/edit:
    Does not include Bronzium Data Cards due to a technical issue. We will explore increasing this rate in a future update.

I actually find this “Shard Shop” stuff to be quite like a Grocery Store “sell” where they’re offering you a 3 for the price of 2. However, they’ve raised the price of the “sale” item so that you’re basically still paying the same amount as if you’d bought 3 before the “sell”. Lmao I swear, every year and every “Road ahead” update CG bends us over further and further and rams us harder and harder.!

Personally, I’ve never had a “good experience” with drop rates when CG does their double drops. In fact, unless I do multiple refreshes (aka spending crystals which cost money even when your getting top 3 in BOTH arenas), I get very few shards of whatever toon/gear I’m trying to get.

So thanks for nothing CG appreciate it! Keep up the great work!
  • “Character shards dropped from Bronzium Packs will be doubled with the Anniversary Update.”

Yay!!! 😊

“(This does not affect full character drops from Bronzium packs)”

LOL
  • So no double ship shards this is even more terrible than loosing half the currency you get from full characters in bronziums
  • So no double ship shards this is even more terrible than loosing half the currency you get from full characters in bronziums

This is not news. They were very upfront about not changing ship shards.
  • So to summarize 30 pages of this thread. New players get a massive assist for shard farming which is awesome.
    Veteran players take a kick to the nether region by having their shard shop currency nerfed because CG won’t update the rates in Bronzonium cards for full drops....cool cool cool cool, love a nerf in gear economy!
  • If I know correctly, game increase just node and bronzium incoming x2 for single shard. What happens raid, events, bronzium full toon incoming shards. These are still same. The cost of gear part is increased. This is not fair.

This is a celebration people should be happy but we are not. What kind of celebration this.
  • Olderaan
    179 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So to summarize 30 pages of this thread. New players get a massive assist for shard farming which is awesome.
    Veteran players take a kick to the nether region by having their shard shop currency nerfed because CG won’t update the rates in Bronzonium cards for full drops....cool cool cool cool, love a nerf in gear economy!

They said the shard economy changes do neutral effect to gear economy. This is not true because the full drops from Bronzium card isn't doubled while the shard shop gear's prize is doubled. So yeah, this is clearly a nerf not just for the older players but for everyone. It is exactly like an election promise...
  • Dear me.... I was fully aware the update was coming, spent some time yesterday getting my ally points down below 250 to get max value for full drops while I could.
    Realised it was late and went off to bed.
    Opened shard store this morning and saw my 2.500 unconverted (and thus not doubled) shard store currency.

I just nerfed myself :)

(This is not a complaint or a cry for help, just sharing what I find a funny incidence about my own lack of thought)
  • KazinBar wrote: »
    thx Gouj4 & DaarthBrewer - i'll wait 4 refresh - hope it'll work. and alikssepia - that update is meant to help 'particularly' new players, isn't it? btw, hope dev'll do something like that with gears too ..

Help new players - ok, not probs, I'm glad for them, really. But they seemingly jeopardize older players' game process. Don't worsen the quality of the game for me.

I'm still waiting for other stores to be updated. The blue fleet tokens still haven't doubled. Haven't had a chance to check if the exchange rate for them has changed.

Anyway new prices look so ridiculously high. I didn't like that 15 for 1 rate from the beginning. Inflation in the game, isn't it silly. Should have made 3 for 1 and cut the prices ten times.
  • I still dont believe this was not an intentional nerf. There were many very easy ways to go around nerf and still provide 2x shards for old toons. I believe it was very intentional nerf that they tried to hide behind good intentions thinking that players cant do basic math.
  • Happy anniversary! Thank you for playing with us the past 5 years (well actually 4 y 10 mo). As a token of our appreciation we will increase the gear crunch. So done with this!
  • Gouj4 wrote: »

It was in the update post. I don’t see why the stores not updating before refreshing makes a difference. If you looked at the stores and saw everyone was still available to buy for 5 shards instead of 10 and still bought them then you’ve only got yourself to blame

I read the updates but they didn't give any time spans. When would they update other shops? In several days? In a week? In a month?
  • alikssepia wrote: »

I read the updates but they didn't give any time spans. When would they update other shops? In several days? In a week? In a month?

Yeah because everyone’s stores refresh at different times how are they supposed to give time frames for that ?. Once your stores refresh they will update I don’t know what else to tell you. Pretty much all of your stores should have updated by now except for maybe fleet arena
  • Good Job for shard Shop. Been playing for 5 years i love it that you decided to Make it harder for me to get shard Shop currency. Didnt think id notice that you didnt double the drops on all shard locations. But yet still doubled the shard Shop? Just change it back to what it was. New players still collect shards not gear from shard Shop......
  • alikssepia
    46 posts Member
    edited November 2020

Yeah because everyone’s stores refresh at different times how are they supposed to give time frames for that ?. Once your stores refresh they will update I don’t know what else to tell you. Pretty much all of your stores should have updated by now except for maybe fleet arena
    Pretty easy: "other stores will be updated later, all during one day". That would be enough.

And not just "will be updated later" - later when? Is it worth waiting? Or you'll have to wait for a month for that while they're figuring it all out? As you see they still don't know what to do with bronzium full character shards.

Pretty easy: "others stores will be updated later, all during one day". That would be enough.

And not just "will be updated later" - later when? Is it worth waiting? Or you'll have to wait for a month for that while they're figuring it all out? As you see they still don't know what to do with bronzium full character shards.

“Other stores will be updated later” is just another way of saying stores will update the next time they refresh which is what they said. I literally don’t even know what you’re trying to complain about at this point. What stores haven’t updated for you cause the only one that hasn’t updated for me is fleet arena and that updates in 10 minutes.

“Other stores will be updated later” is just another way of saying stores will update the next time they refresh which is what they said. I literally don’t even know what you’re trying to complain about at this point. What stores haven’t updated for you cause the only one that hasn’t updated for me is fleet arena and that updates in 10 minutes.

Nevermind, I'm just bitter for them not stating it clear enough, and losing tokens.

What I'm trying to complain about is inflated prices for highly valuable gear in the shard store and my fallen revenues since full character drop in bronzium cards and shards I get in the events won't be doubled. This was the main source for a bunch of shard tokens. Now my gear collecting progress as well as my progress in getting GL will be halved.
  • I have been playing this game for over 3 years now, I get the importance to try to encourage new players, but if you’re like me the shard shop is so important to get gear, unfortunately now the gear is twice as expensive, yet the events are only giving the old amount of shards. I think this is a major blow to continuing with this game. Will this actually be addressed and why was this not sorted out before the change.
    This is definitely not a great reward for years of playing, it’s more like a kick in the teeth. But it’s good news for new players.
  • voyager911 wrote: »
    I have been playing this game for over 3 years now, I get the importance to try to encourage new players, but if you’re like me the shard shop is so important to get gear, unfortunately now the gear is twice as expensive, yet the events are only giving the old amount of shards. I think this is a major blow to continuing with this game. Will this actually be addressed and why was this not sorted out before the change.
    This is definitely not a great reward for years of playing, it’s more like a kick in the teeth. But it’s good news for new players.

Events like assault battles will give double shards. The only thing that hasn’t been doubled is full character drops from Bronziums
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • This thread is getting too long to read so I’m sorry if this has been answered already, but have the devs made a commitment regarding the Bronzium pack issue? It would be good if they said that they will fix it by a certain date, if they will decide by a certain date or if they have decided not to fix it at all. One of these options are within their power to have an answer to today. It would be good to update the original post with this information so it’s easy to find for future reference.

Events like assault battles will give double shards. The only thing that hasn’t been doubled is full character drops from Bronziums

You will still only get 10 shards of Han for the Pit raid, 11 of GK for the Tank raid, and 12 of Traya for the Sith raid. Tomorrow, we all will get only 9 shards of Boba for the daily entry. Isn't this a blow.
  • They should have not only helped newer players to collect shards but also older players collect gear in the shard shop. Without all this inflation/deflation thing.

You will still only get 10 shards of Han for the Pit raid, 11 of GK for the Tank raid, and 12 of Traya for the Sith raid. Tomorrow, we all will get only 9 shards of Boba for the daily entry. Isn't this a blow.
    The raid characters have their shard shop currency doubled so that doesn’t matter. Fair enough on boba that is halved but are the daily login shards that big of an income really ?
    The raid characters have their shard shop currency doubled so that doesn’t matter. Fair enough on boba that is halved but are the daily login shards that big of an income really ?

Well, sometimes even one or two shard shop tokens matter, so yes, everywhere you can get an extra shard, it's a valuable prize. I'm so put down with this update, I can't express... Been playing for almost four years now.