Please update JML Lead. Really frustrating to fight against JKR Lead.

Prev13456
Akenno
538 posts Member
edited November 2020
JML Lead is weak in comparison to JKR Lead.
I gave JML his ult and you can't even charge it correctly due to ability blocks and cooldown increases all the time vs a JKR lead team...
It is really annoying to fight against JKR lead with JML and his ult... It feels like it is totally not worth taking this GL and his ult tbh... It makes me throw out my mobilephone... So here is my suggestion:

JML need an updated lead ability to counter JKR lead.

1. Make JML special ability (Inherited Teachings) immune to cooldown manipulation
2. Buff the team more if you only have Jedi e.g. make the Jedi Lessons a locked buff
3. Make the character immune to ability block if he got Jedi Lessons

The first one is a must have.

I hope to see an update soon to prevent JKR lead and give people a good reason to give him his ult.
Please give him the same treatment as GL Kylo...

Replies

• Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    JKR lead with JML and Wat is insane. One of the players on my shard one shots my JKR in my Rey team.
  • VeNeNo wrote: »
    A lot of people think he has not to be buffed. Still there are some mechanics that need to be fixed.
    The situation you underlined is one of them.
    GL lead should be the best overall, it just makes no sense that a JKR lead beats it.
    Plus JML lead is fundamental to reach his ultimate. Something has to be changed for sure.

People who don’t have him says he shouldn’t be buffed.

His ultimate is useless, he is useless in raids, he is better under both JML and JKR leads.

Easily the worst GL. JKL, GAS, and Malak are all more important.
  • From my experience, JML Lead is fine against Rey and Kylo, but struggle against JKR lead+JML (it's all about "will opponent's JKR, which go first thanks to Tenacity up, mark my JKR ?").

The best solution I've found so far is to switch to JKR lead to win mirror, even without Wat.

I do agree it's kind of disappointing, because ultimate isn't used in this case. Imo, it's not really a "JML isn't strong enough" situation but more a "JML is frustating because you can't use his full potential (lead+ultimate) if you want to use him at full potential, as a member of a JKR team" case.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    It’s almost as if different opponents require different solutions
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »

The problem is Luke lead is never the solution. It is garbage.
  • Disagree with you all. All you need to do is have a faster JML and you can use his second ability to call JKL in to assist against the enemy JML causing a dispel on tenacity up, inflicting tenacity down and also a cooldown increase, then use Direct focus on enemy JKR, then JML is up again and this is when you drop his AOE ability block, JKL drops his stun/vulnerability then GAS comes in to aoe and increase cooldowns further and at this time JKR should be dead. Then you can work on ultimate and once ultimate is up the match is over. Not that hard guys, really isn’t.
  • Yup. I've got 10 ultimate abilities waiting for whenever I get my next GL. I've seen the ultimate in the wild 2 or 3 times maybe?
  • I think the only thing that needs to happen is that Jedi Lessons is locked/undispellable/unpreventable... that solves most of the issues.

• Shaddess wrote: »
    Disagree with you all. All you need to do is have a faster JML and you can use his second ability to call JKL in to assist against the enemy JML causing a dispel on tenacity up, inflicting tenacity down and also a cooldown increase, then use Direct focus on enemy JKR, then JML is up again and this is when you drop his AOE ability block, JKL drops his stun/vulnerability then GAS comes in to aoe and increase cooldowns further and at this time JKR should be dead. Then you can work on ultimate and once ultimate is up the match is over. Not that hard guys, really isn’t.

I love it how you wait until end of battle to load the ulti. At the time one starts to work the ulti, it's already over.
    Disagree with you all. All you need to do is have a faster JML and you can use his second ability to call JKL in to assist against the enemy JML causing a dispel on tenacity up, inflicting tenacity down and also a cooldown increase, then use Direct focus on enemy JKR, then JML is up again and this is when you drop his AOE ability block, JKL drops his stun/vulnerability then GAS comes in to aoe and increase cooldowns further and at this time JKR should be dead. Then you can work on ultimate and once ultimate is up the match is over. Not that hard guys, really isn’t.

Yep, worked like a charm.

Didn't notice the "can't be resisted" part of the skill, thanks a lot for the tip !
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Gifafi wrote: »
    When the solution prevents you to use the harder to get and most impressive skill -with animation and all- of your star character, it's not unbalanced, it's not an impossible solution, but it's not fun.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    When the solution prevents you to use the harder to get and most impressive skill -with animation and all- of your star character, it's not unbalanced, it's not an impossible solution, but it's not fun.

It's not fun but OP wants an answer, and this is it.

Personally, I think winning easily by changing my lead is fun, but that may just be me.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lozsta wrote: »
    JKR lead with JML and Wat is insane. One of the players on my shard one shots my JKR in my Rey team.

I think right now you see the jml under a jkr lead a lot due to it working well in the current environment.

However, I just unlocked see and with a g11 non ultimate see, I have seen enough to say that this team would likely not do well against see (probably worse than jml lead).

Basically, you link jml with gas and he loses all his protection. So the protection regen is lost. The taunt is lost. He has no chance of reaching his ultimate.

I can win about 30% of the time with a g11 see. The biggest issue I have is not enough dmg. Once I get the last few kyros and have him at r7, that issue likely goes away. And with the ultimate it definitely does. That will likely turn the 30% win rate I have now to and easy win every time.

So when there are more see in an arena shard, I would expect people to go back to jml lead to try and hold better.

Or you just use JKR lead and hit auto.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »

It's not fun but OP wants an answer, and this is it.

Personally, I think winning easily by changing my lead is fun, but that may just be me.

I'm all on board with the mix and match fun of changing lead and all the maybe-the-best-team-is-not-the-obvious-one fun of theorycrafting.

The frustration probably comes from the "ultimate only if on lead" situation. It's like playing with a Prince Adam action figure and never transforming him into He-man. Something is not right.

PS: Thanks to @Shaddes for solving this issue though with a great idea for an opener against JKR+JML. I have decent enough mods to take advantage of it, for now ;)
  • pånøs
    152 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    q1fl1vndpjmd.jpg

gps0y204yr7b.jpg
    JML ulti loading is pure garbage no matter the perspective. Mirror or vs his par
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    pånøs wrote: »
    q1fl1vndpjmd.jpg

gps0y204yr7b.jpg
    JML ulti loading is pure garbage no matter the perspective. Mirror or vs his par

I also have a lot of trouble versus SEE (btw, I take any advice anyone would share to kick some Emperor's butt with JML, if possible with JML as lead), as you showed in your pics, but my only victories were thanks to ultimate.

Versus Rey, usually we play our ultimates around the same time;
    vs mirror... well, it's mirror, so...it's as fast as my opponent I reckon;
    versus Kylo I don't really care because I'll win anyway. Luke transforms to wrap up the victory usually.

Mass shock is an issue, that's for sure. However, it's only a problem if opponent is packing a GL, and even the best Sith Empire heroes can't help poor Kylo. So it's only an issue versus SEE, who is your most difficult matchup imo.

If you have trouble loading your ultimate vs other JML or Rey, could you please share what comp you use and how you cycle the special skill ? There's probably room to speed things up.
  • I had 0 - 10 today with jml. I couldn't pass that. Jericho and not, it just doesn't die fast enough. I haven't been able to load jml ulti as well. Between ability block, cd + 1, fear and isolate that skill is completely useless. I get SEE is garbage but JML is not far behind and been unable to win a GL with a GL... well, I don't see what CG is trying to do.
  • Maybe you could share how you do it.
    I bailed from using the ulti and using jkr lead instead.
  • It’s really not hard to fix JML. Small fixes like upping charge amount or making jedi lesson unprevenyable and that’s it.
  • pånøs wrote: »
    I had 0 - 10 today with jml. I couldn't pass that. Jericho and not, it just doesn't die fast enough. I haven't been able to load jml ulti as well. Between ability block, cd + 1, fear and isolate that skill is completely useless. I get SEE is garbage but JML is not far behind and been unable to win a GL with a GL... well, I don't see what CG is trying to do.

I guess i misunderstood your post. I also have trouble versus Emperor, as you have. Each GL has favored enemies.

I thought you had trouble versus other GL as well, my bad.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    It’s really not hard to fix JML. Small fixes like upping charge amount or making jedi lesson unprevenyable and that’s it.

This is a great idea. It would also be nice if one character was able to spread the Jedi lessons buff to others once they had it when JML isn’t in the lead.

*Edit to add: This would allow the ultimate to be reached but it would also slow it down in comparison to JML lead. Fair balance IMO.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    pånøs wrote: »
    q1fl1vndpjmd.jpg

gps0y204yr7b.jpg

I also have a lot of trouble versus SEE (btw, I take any advice anyone would share to kick some Emperor's butt with JML, if possible with JML as lead), as you showed in your pics, but my only victories were thanks to ultimate.

Versus Rey, usually we play our ultimates around the same time;
    vs mirror... well, it's mirror, so...it's as fast as my opponent I reckon;
    versus Kylo I don't really care because I'll win anyway. Luke transforms to wrap up the victory usually.

Mass shock is an issue, that's for sure. However, it's only a problem if opponent is packing a GL, and even the best Sith Empire heroes can't help poor Kylo. So it's only an issue versus SEE, who is your most difficult matchup imo.

If you have trouble loading your ultimate vs other JML or Rey, could you please share what comp you use and how you cycle the special skill ? There's probably room to speed things up.

I think it's supposed to be an uphill battle to beat see with jml and to beat jml with kylo, and to beat kylo with see.

So not sure there is a lot that can help you with see if you are using jml.

It's CGs way of saying you need two GLs.

I have see with no ult and can easily beat jml (even with jkr lead with wat) but find it easier to just use my vader counter for Rey and thrawn counter for kylo.
  • pånøs wrote: »
    I had 0 - 10 today with jml. I couldn't pass that. Jericho and not, it just doesn't die fast enough. I haven't been able to load jml ulti as well. Between ability block, cd + 1, fear and isolate that skill is completely useless. I get SEE is garbage but JML is not far behind and been unable to win a GL with a GL... well, I don't see what CG is trying to do.

I think that your issue is you are trying to beat paper with rock. See is a counter to jml so beating him with jml will be difficult. Just like beating jml with SLKR is difficult and beating SLKR with see is difficult.

Seems like the plan is for you to have two GLs if you want to be prepared for anything. Either that or farm a counter team to the GL that counters the one that you have.
  • What's funny is how often I see Rey under JKR lead too. It's a good thing she doesn't have the Jedi tag so that she isn't OP with jedi....

I see a couple people using JML in the lead in my arena, but mostly it's JKR lead and that's for either JML or Rey.

Then again, JML went to a planet in the middle of nowhere by himself, so I guess his lead is supposed to be "Sus" anyway?
  • JKR is back at the top of the meta report, the most used lead in arena.

I do find it sad that, to use JML optimally, you don’t need his lead zeta and you don’t need his ultimate ability - because it will NEVER trigger.

Something went wrong with the design here, it needs fixing.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    JKR is back at the top of the meta report, the most used lead in arena.

I do find it sad that, to use JML optimally, you don’t need his lead zeta and you don’t need his ultimate ability - because it will NEVER trigger.

Yep, the idea seems to be to force JML into the leader slot to prevent a lead from JKR from making the squad too strong, but then ultimate charge is too slow and it's not even worth it (plus other issues like vulnerability to DR counter).

At least JML doesn't need to use his ultimate to be good (SEE), and there's the "jericho" setup, but especially when the theme behind JML's kit (and as a GL) is a transforming ultimate, it feels weird that this is how he he's generally used in practice. I have 4 JMLs in my shard and none use JML lead.
  • dgree wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    JKR is back at the top of the meta report, the most used lead in arena.

Yep, the idea seems to be to force JML into the leader slot to prevent a lead from JKR from making the squad too strong, but then ultimate charge is too slow and it's not even worth it (plus other issues like vulnerability to DR counter).

At least JML doesn't need to use his ultimate to be good (SEE), and there's the "jericho" setup, but especially when the theme behind JML's kit (and as a GL) is a transforming ultimate, it feels weird that this is how he he's generally used in practice. I have 4 JMLs in my shard and none use JML lead.

People running JML lead in arena usually do it because they’ve just unlocked the ultimate ability and want to try it out.

Then they realise they drop like a stone, and switch to JKR lead.