Shard Economy Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Hello! Just wanted to let you guys know that galactic war rewards for general grievous shards wernt doubled! I only got 1 gg shard today, post update!

i8llofw9u9dj.png

@Kyno
    @CG_Doja_Fett
    @CG_SBCrumb
  • MasonJason wrote: »
    Hello! Just wanted to let you guys know that galactic war rewards for general grievous shards wernt doubled! I only got 1 gg shard today, post update!

i8llofw9u9dj.png

@Kyno
    @CG_Doja_Fett
    @CG_SBCrumb

Grievous isn’t being doubled so this is working as intended
  • MasonJason wrote: »
    Hello! Just wanted to let you guys know that galactic war rewards for general grievous shards wernt doubled! I only got 1 gg shard today, post update!

i8llofw9u9dj.png

@Kyno
    @CG_Doja_Fett
    @CG_SBCrumb

@MasonJason GG isn't an accelerated character that's why. For the complete list see the spoiler tag at the bottom of this thread: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/237876/shard-economy-changes#latest
  • 400 galactic store currency = 4 ship shards or 10 char shards = 150 or 152 shard store currency.
    that is the same amount as before, only that the prices for shard shop purchases doubled.
    they said in the post, shard to purchase ratio were unchanged. eiher cg are very bad at math or they want to fool us badly.
  • 400 galactic store currency = 4 ship shards or 10 char shards = 150 or 152 shard store currency.
    that is the same amount as before, only that the prices for shard shop purchases doubled.
    they said in the post, shard to purchase ratio were unchanged. eiher cg are very bad at math or they want to fool us badly.

What? It's exactly the same.

Everything in the store has doubled price.
    4 ship shards used to give 76 SSC, they now give 152 (under their new exchange rate of 38 per blueprint vs 19 under the old system) - doubled.
    5 shards have became 10 (double), giving 150 SSC - doubled.

They won't double the conversion rate of acceralted character shards, as we'd be getting double the purchasing power on them that we used to have. Characters that are not acceralted do have double the original conversation rate, as we are acquiring them at the same speed as previously.

The ONLY change within the shard/blueprint/SSC economy is the full characters from bronziums.
  • Are there any plans to double the drop for full characters from bronzium in th future?? This was my main source of revenue to buy equipments in the shard shop... it’s quite frustrating to lose buying power in an update that is supposed to help, especially after they said they had fixed the bronzium shard drop. I’m only realizing now that they only fixed part of the bronzium, but not the biggest part :/
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    This thread is getting too long to read so I’m sorry if this has been answered already, but have the devs made a commitment regarding the Bronzium pack issue? It would be good if they said that they will fix it by a certain date, if they will decide by a certain date or if they have decided not to fix it at all. One of these options are within their power to have an answer to today. It would be good to update the original post with this information so it’s easy to find for future reference.

There hasn’t been any new communication that I am aware of in regard to full character drops from Bronzium and the resulting loss of Shard Shop Currency from the devs.
  • Firefox54
    73 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    My question/comment has probably been covered, but, first, I want to thank CG for fixing the Bronzium pack issue before this change started. That was nice.

My question is ... can you please fix the raid output? These need to be doubled as well. For longer-term players, the shards are the most valuable part of the Pit and Tank raids and you have just cut their value in half. Almost everyone in our guild has Han, GK, and Traya (only some very new members) but doubling the raid output would be consistent with the other objectives of doubling drops.

I just didn't catch this on the original post .. I only caught that the Bronzium wouldn't be changing (and is fixed)

I hope others have shared the same opinion.

Thanks.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Firefox54 wrote: »
    My question/comment has probably been covered, but, first, I want to thank CG for fixing the Bronzium pack issue before this change started. That was nice.

My question is ... can you please fix the raid output? These need to be doubled as well. For longer-term players, the shards are the most valuable part of the Pit and Tank raids and you have just cut their value in half.

I just didn't catch this on the original post .. I only caught that the Bronzium wouldn't be changing (and is fixed)

Thanks.

It's explained in the Shard Economy Changes post.

Raid Characters are at the Orginal Rate. This means you'll get the same number of shards, but their value is doubled when converting to SSC. Each shard is worth 30 SSC, rather than 15.
  • UdalCuain ... thanks for clearing up my ignorance ... greatly appreciated :)
  • Firefox54 wrote: »

My question is ... can you please fix the raid output? These need to be doubled as well. For longer-term players, the shards are the most valuable part of the Pit and Tank raids and you have just cut their value in half. Almost everyone in our guild has Han, GK, and Traya (only some very new members) but doubling the raid output would be consistent with the other objectives of doubling drops.

Thanks.

It is unfortunate that raid han and gk aren't accelerated. I think they've been out long enough that they probably should be. Even traya tbh is old enough to accelerate but I get it that she's the reward for the current newest raid.

But maybe they will add more characters to that list at a later time.

Right now the only real issue with the update is the bronizum nerf. And that amounts for about a 10-15% percent need to shard shop income. (See previous posts for details on where that estimate comes from). But that nerf does need to be addressed.
  • Mikek wrote: »
    I still dont believe this was not an intentional nerf. There were many very easy ways to go around nerf and still provide 2x shards for old toons. I believe it was very intentional nerf that they tried to hide behind good intentions thinking that players cant do basic math.

This. It's absolutely intentional. If it wasn't, why do it until they could affect a fix? Anyone believing this new kinder, gentler CG is deluding themselves. They're perfectly willing to lose older players that spend some (or nothing, but if you spend nothing you have zero leg to stand on to complain) to attract new whales.
  • Please forgive my 1st post. I registered just for this issue!

Devs, please address the Bronzium Full Character problem. I'm sure you know how this update makes Gear13 way more difficult to obtain.

If you are worried about ppl getting full chars too fast I think awarding double if that character is already at 7-star is acceptable. (But if you said Accelerated Characters are now twice as fast to obtain it really shouldn't be a problem?)

Thanks & other than this it's a great update!
  • Please forgive my 1st post. I registered just for this issue!

Devs, please address the Bronzium Full Character problem. I'm sure you know how this update makes Gear13 way more difficult to obtain.

If you are worried about ppl getting full chars too fast I think awarding double if that character is already at 7-star is acceptable. (But if you said Accelerated Characters are now twice as fast to obtain it really shouldn't be a problem?)

I think there may be a technical issue with doubling the shards themselves from the full pulls. But they could double the drop rates to account for this. I think making full drops twice as likely would probably be easier to code than to adjust the shards from them.

Or if that's too hard, they could just adjust the shard shop prices down to account for the difference. That wouldn't be hard.

So the only conclusion to draw if they don't fix this (when easy fixes are available) is that the nerf was intended.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    KavisStarr wrote: »
    Kinda frustrated that I spent my shards in the store this morning before they doubled what I had. I only had 1 left and so they doubled it to 2. How is this fair? Somebody else may have had 2k in their stores and now have 4k. I feel like I was blindsided with a kick in the cro-tch. I had a couple thousand yesterday and would have saved them had I known they were gonna get doubled.

This is a joke right?
  • RTS wrote: »
    Kinda frustrated that I spent my shards in the store this morning before they doubled what I had. I only had 1 left and so they doubled it to 2. How is this fair? Somebody else may have had 2k in their stores and now have 4k. I feel like I was blindsided with a kick in the cro-tch. I had a couple thousand yesterday and would have saved them had I known they were gonna get doubled.

This is a joke right?

No, I think they just don't know how math works.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    RTS wrote: »

This is a joke right?

The amount of people last night / today complaining about basic math is just...mind blowing.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Please forgive my 1st post. I registered just for this issue!

I think there may be a technical issue with doubling the shards themselves from the full pulls. But they could double the drop rates to account for this. I think making full drops twice as likely would probably be easier to code than to adjust the shards from them.

Or if that's too hard, they could just adjust the shard shop prices down to account for the difference. That wouldn't be hard.

So the only conclusion to draw if they don't fix this (when easy fixes are available) is that the nerf was intended.

Not sure it's a technical issue, since they've already changed how many shards we got from Bronzium unlocks once in the past. It used to be that you didn't get 80 shards from a 4* bronzium unlock, it was quite a bit less (don't recall the actual amount). 3*, 2* and 1* were similarly increased to make it 1:1 as well a few years back.
    So it seems like it should be entirely possible for them to change Bronzium unlocks to 160 for a 4* drop.

EDIT: Just checked some really old posts from 2017 and it looks like a 4* bronzium unlock got you 32 shards. So we're better off than we used to be way back when in terms of shard currency from bronzium unlocks, but a lot more gear levels to complete.
    Post edited by kalidor on
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • RTS wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »

This is a joke right?

The amount of people last night / today complaining about basic math is just...mind blowing.

Yeah. Most of the complaints are addressed in the dev post if they would just read before complaining.
  • kalidor wrote: »

Not sure it's a technical issue, since they've already changed how many shards we got from Bronzium unlocks once in the past. It used to be that you didn't get 80 shards from a 4* bronzium unlock, it was quite a bit less (don't recall the actual amount). 3*, 2* and 1* were similarly increased to make it 1:1 as well a few years back.
    So it seems like it should be entirely possible for them to change Bronzium unlocks to 160 for a 4* drop.

I don't remember them changing so you may be right.

But I would think doubling the drop rate of full characters from bronizums would be easier or just as easy.

And then you wouldn't necessarily get 160 shards of one character all at once (if they are trying to avoid that) but you'd get 80 shards twice as often.

But I would think doubling the drop rate of full characters from bronizums would be easier or just as easy.

And then you wouldn't necessarily get 160 shards of one character all at once (if they are trying to avoid that) but you'd get 80 shards twice as often.

If they can't increase the shard shop currency or shards from a full character drop, then they should just change their algorithm for the likeliness of a full drop. Double that rate and we should be good.

If they can't increase the shard shop currency or shards from a full character drop, then they should just change their algorithm for the likeliness of a full drop. Double that rate and we should be good.

Yeah that's what I just said.
  • Sarbitar wrote: »
    As a long term f2p player this update provides two things.
    1. New players boost, which is cool.
    2. F2p nerf, as they saw f2ps are using the shard shop efficiently, so they do not need to buy gear. So let's divide their income by two.
    I'm sorry, but as a former programmer I do not buy the explanation "we can not do this".

I dunno maybe try something like if bronziumpack then result=shardsx2?

Just a thought.

It doesn't divide your shard shop income in two. More like a 15% reduction at most. You have other sources of shard shop income. It still sucks but no need to exaggerate.
  • Sarbitar wrote: »
    As a long term f2p player this update provides two things.
    1. New players boost, which is cool.
    2. F2p nerf, as they saw f2ps are using the shard shop efficiently, so they do not need to buy gear. So let's divide their income by two.
    I'm sorry, but as a former programmer I do not buy the explanation "we can not do this".

I dunno maybe try something like if bronziumpack then result=shardsx2?

Just a thought.

It hurts us, but it hurts one more the more you farm as the loss expands. Ofc the loss may not be as hurtful for a mid range spender+
  • Why are mandalorian shards still set to 1?
  • Why are mandalorian shards still set to 1?

Make a guess, then go read the announcement how this all works.
  • Not a fan of this update l, it’s like I can’t buy gear anymore, lamoh. F2P killer