Memories and Favorite Moments - SWGoH is Nearing Five Years

124Next

Replies

• In my previous guild, we first finished the heroic sith raid with less than 1 minute to run out of time. It was such a great moment of fear, joy, teamwork, a lot of adrenaline and emotions. I still remember the day. The guild group on whattsapp going bananas. A guy pulled over his car to have a go at the raid. Using every last toon on the roster to help as you could. And that feeling of achievment, of being part of something, you know? I was in the game for a little more than a year and liked it very much. But after that, it became love and I never looked back.

This is great. I can almost feel the tension and excitement. Congrats to you and your guild!

Knowing you read this and care means a lot as well. Someone like you have been greatly missed around here. I feel we are entering in a great moment for this game. Keep up the good work and hope you recover well from the broken knee and heart.
  • I loved the CLS event and especially the confrontation with Vader - that was a great scene and really nicely done.

JKL event was also great.
  • I personally think that my favorite moment was in a dark side battle, where an enemy destroyed all of my other Bounty Hunters, and had TONS of buffs, but my Boba Fett hit him with an Execute and destroyed him at full health and protection!
  • I'd say joining my current guild and alliance. They are an all around great group and help out in every way possible. Other than that so much of the game blurs together I can't really think of much. Getting any of the legendary's was always fun I suppose.
  • In my previous guild, we first finished the heroic sith raid with less than 1 minute to run out of time. It was such a great moment of fear, joy, teamwork, a lot of adrenaline and emotions. I still remember the day. The guild group on whattsapp going bananas. A guy pulled over his car to have a go at the raid. Using every last toon on the roster to help as you could. And that feeling of achievment, of being part of something, you know? I was in the game for a little more than a year and liked it very much. But after that, it became love and I never looked back.

This is great. I can almost feel the tension and excitement. Congrats to you and your guild!

Knowing you read this and care means a lot as well. Someone like you have been greatly missed around here. I feel we are entering in a great moment for this game. Keep up the good work and hope you recover well from the broken knee and heart.

Much appreciated. I feel like we are entering a good phase where CG is able to increase communication (Crumb and I are working on even more engagement ideas...it's just taking a little bit of time), and it's lining up nicely with where the devs want to take the game. I'm excited to see what's next.
  • In my first guild before simming was a thing instead of everyone soloing the Rancor we had a competition of getting closest to 500k damage without going over got 1st place next raid. Surprisingly difficult.
  • I feel like we are entering a good phase where CG is able to increase communication (Crumb and I are working on even more engagement ideas...it's just taking a little bit of time)

Is there a place where content creators can gather to get in line for some interviews and personalized communication as well? One of my favorite memories was when we got to talk to CG about the upcoming Geonosis Dark Side Territory Battle since TB is my personal favorite mode.

But as a guild, the first time we completed max stars back when Hoth Light Side was a thing we were doing. It came down to the last 10 minutes. I was on a chat with the officers when someone told me that we had hit it. I was running around the house and the dogs were howling cause we were yelling so loud in the guild chat. It was like our team just scored a game winning goal.
  • I feel like we are entering a good phase where CG is able to increase communication (Crumb and I are working on even more engagement ideas...it's just taking a little bit of time)

Is there a place where content creators can gather to get in line for some interviews and personalized communication as well? One of my favorite memories was when we got to talk to CG about the upcoming Geonosis Dark Side Territory Battle since TB is my personal favorite mode.

But as a guild, the first time we completed max stars back when Hoth Light Side was a thing we were doing. It came down to the last 10 minutes. I was on a chat with the officers when someone told me that we had hit it. I was running around the house and the dogs were howling cause we were yelling so loud in the guild chat. It was like our team just scored a game winning goal.

There's something about dogs howling that is sublime. It's truly one of nature's greatest gifts. As far as your question, not sure exactly what we will be doing yet, so I can't say. This is partly because we're still working on how we want to go about our vision, and partly because of the procedural steps involved.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Whatever is the end result, i hope we can see another Q&A or its replacement very soon this year
  • Fav thing is seeing all those characters my kids and I really like ( original movies, clone wars, rebels) but there are a few missing still ( please bring Hondo into the game!!)
  • I've had the game since release, and have played it on and off for those 5 years. Over those 5 years, here are my favorite moments...
    - Unlocking Commander Luke Skywalker, which allowed me to compete in Squad Arena while being F2P
    - Applying my first Zeta to Darth Vader's Leadership (that aged horribly)
    - Getting free Clone Wars Chewbacca shards
    - Watching the initial stages of SWGOH Youtubers (Ahnald, CubsFan, Mobile Gamer, etc.)
  • When I first managed to facilitate a guild merger which allowed my guild to go from me and a couple of buddies (plus our alts), to a guild that was actually able to do heroic raids, generate raid tickets at a reasonable rate, and participate in TWs.

We ended up merging with a few guilds, but that first one allowed us to more than double our size and really set us up for growth making us much more attractive to the later guilds that joined us.
  • complaing how weak the jedi, were begging for jedi rework. Running the qgj zeta, gmy **** igd and ayala were on my haat team. The rebels rebels Rouge one phoniex rebels constant rework r2
  • Most of my most memorable moments were from the early stages of the game. I loved looking at character kits and theory crafting teams (most of which I never made).
    But my favorite memories were from GW. I would sometimes spend hours getting through it all. I had zCody and clones as my main team due to the recharging protection. Then Wiggs as my powerhouse team to take out the last node as needed. I remember some epic battles using nearly my whole roster, first time I ran into a powerful Assaj that kept destroying me was a fun one. But all in all was my favorite game mode and had most of my favorite memories.
  • Genpaku408
    119 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    for me, it was 1 teaming phase 4 with Princess Zody team in Tank raid. Felt amazing back then
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    My fav was when my hk-47 squad happened to become meta, for awhile. ^^ pew pew!

Also, once they put in the Grand Arena, my return to the game became permanent.
    It's nice to battle your whole collection against another player's, without having to contend with players who are way ahead of you in the game (i.e. every other pvp medium here).
  • Best moment for me was unlocking CLS. This opened up the game for me in terms of actually being competitive in arena and finding a solid guild.
  • The first time I managed to solo HAAT was pretty dope. I ran it with Ackbar, CLS, Hoda, Young Han and BB8. It was literally the first time I'd ever used Hoda for anything, and it took like 45 minutes, but man it was cool to finally see that victory screen.

Of course, that was like a year and a half ago and now i can't wait for the tank to be simmable. But y'know.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png