Solicitation for Topics of Interest

Replies

• It would be interesting to see stuff like a roadmap for a thing.

How an original idea was planned, changed due to something and got realised differently or even declined (due to whatever) , including a few time stamps.

I know that's usually a well keeped secret but some of us might get a feel for it (like a challenge/raid/char/QoL that's already obsolete).
  • Might have been mentioned, but could be fun to hear about most surprising theorycrafts.

What team compositions have surprised you the most and what are some unintended interactions that you’ve only discovered after releasing a toon?
  • I'd like to know the process behind deciding what gear a new character gets. I know it's somewhat influenced by the character's type (tank, support, attacker, healer), but sometimes characters that are released around the same time have suspiciously similar gear tiers (Phoenix is a good example; also greef, mando, 3&C and Cara have very similar g10/11's). I find the lack of variety ...disturbing.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    What has happened to the planned gear inventory, end of last year? Policy is: gearing chars should be better than not gearing them. E.G. Paper Zombie in P3 of HSTR.

This is not true for the scavenger materials, which are needed for the relic levels.

We can just craft more valuable gear for the scavenger, if some chars are NOT geared and are on lower levels. Cause there is no place for crafting the needed scavenger gear
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    behind the scenes look at older features/content (I plan on one day telling the story about staying at the studio until 4am to work on the STR mere days before its release).

So, let's hear it. Feel free to include reasons you think it's fun or valuable for the community to explore your suggested topic.
    Not sure if this question falls in this category,

but can you divulge some toons that were planned for reworks or kit updates but the team weren't able to get to them on time, such as Mace Windu? That character was something TopHat touched on in a podcast that the team wanted to rework properly like GAS + 501st instead of a minor touch up like General Kenobi, Ahsoka, Jedi Knight Anakin did

I feel like all the outdated GR Jedi were due for a rework around LS TB launch and a month or two afterwards alongside Windu but we never got confirmation

Captain Phasma, and other outdated FO / Resistance were teased as something to rework when the team got around to reworking toons but with SLKR buffs later on, I'm not sure if that's the case

So my question is, What toons were slated for reworks over the past 2 years but the team wasn't able to get to them, and if there is any behind the scenes story around it that you can share
  • Any plans for live PvP battles in this game in the future, like most other newer mobile games are including? (Like VS. battles in MSF where you can invite another player/guildie to battle you).

I guess this would even be a lot like a much requested "sandbox mode".

What's their aversion to such? Server infrastructure can't handle it? Hard to monetize? Would be cool to get some insight into this

• What on earth is going on with the Sith faction? The Vader rework was kinda nice for fun on offense, but the faction feels terribly out-of-date despite just getting a "galactic legend."
  • Most of the game centers around squads. What does the staff think of fleet battles? Are there fleet fans on staff, and what have been the most exciting aspects of or developments in ship battles for them?
  • Why is the SWGoH website no longer updated? Was it not really getting any traffic?
  • DarthGlovoc
    149 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Sebek wrote: »
    Why is the SWGoH website no longer updated? Was it not really getting any traffic?

What Swgoh Website?

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/galaxy-of-heroes
    Search: star wars galaxy of heroes, and you find this.
  • Fieldgulls
    419 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Why do we not have separate energy for relic material farming like we do with mods. A few years ago mod farming was removed from catina energy. I was surprised to see relic materials placed on these nodes. If CG is looking to help newer players shouldn’t this be changed like they did with mods?
    Post edited by Fieldgulls on
  • I recall someone mentioning that a yellow health bar does not always mean 50% or lower health. I had thought this was a reliable indicator of when to use certain abilities, eg savage's special.

I'm interested in what the color of the health bar really does indicate.
  • Designer stories!

Which character are the designers most proud* of and why? Anecdotes and behind the scenes.

*The correct answer of course is original Nightsister Zombie, so simple and elegant, yet powerful and intriguing. B)
  • Was the intent of gac to use a full roster or just a partial, and how do they plan to tackle the GL mismatching, especially when there are so few 3v3 counters (Rey), which handcuffs players into having to keep certain players on offense or garunteeing a loss. I would imagine this wasnt in the spirit of the game where it should be more like a chess match.

And what is the future of this game mode? New map? Varying win condition?
  • Would we be able to do something like skins for certain characters maybe like Mando with his jetpack/beskar armor, Then there at the clones phase 1, ahsoka from S7. Something I thought I'd put out there
  • I got one, do you or working at CG have a favorite/most wanted character from star wars that if they could, would add into the game tomorrow?
    I have 3, saw gerrera, beckett and metal-legs maul
  • What was the intention for the 'Neutral' tag? I'd expected creatures, such as Wampa, but the tag still exists, all alone.
  • What was the intention for the 'Neutral' tag? I'd expected creatures, such as Wampa, but the tag still exists, all alone.

It was added added the same time as T3-M4 I believe. He was supposed to be neutral, but it screwed a load of things up and he ended up being light side instead.

Hope you get an answer saying that they plan to revisit it. As you say, Wampa would be a good fit.
  • I can't wait for them to introduce Acklay, Reek & Nexu as playable toons. (With Geonosian Beastmaster.) Maybe then they can introduce the neutral tag.

In the meantime, I still think that Jawas should be Neutral at best. They steal property & enslave free droids as a foundational part of their culture. They don't just occasionally accidentally grab something they thought was abandoned but wasn't. Why would Jawas ever be light side?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Why's everyone so hype for a neutral tag? Are you really that excited to use jawas in dark side territory battles and tuskens on light?
    I got one, do you or working at CG have a favorite/most wanted character from star wars that if they could, would add into the game tomorrow?
    I have 3, saw gerrera, beckett and metal-legs maul
    When Rogue One was entering theatres there was an in-game pop up survey that had a bunch of questions on it. One of the questions had you pick three characters that you would like to see added off a long list of characters. I remember seeing Saw Gerrera on the list because I'm a big Forest Whitaker fan, but can't remember many other names since it was almost 4 years ago now. But the point is that at least Saw was on their radar a while ago! He might eventually be released if there's an anniversary or something.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Why's everyone so hype for a neutral tag? Are you really that excited to use jawas in dark side territory battles and tuskens on light?

I don't actually assume that Neutrals will be allowed in the territory battles. They specify light side & dark side, so maybe those toons can't be used in those modes at all.

It's not that I desperately want a Neutral tag, it's just that it bugs me that some toons are labeled as dark or light when I don't think that they should be. It's like how people used to be annoyed that Old Ben didn't get the Rebel tag, before the rework included it. It's a game & they can do anything they want, but some decisions just bug some people.

For me one of the decisions that bugged me is LS Jawas.
  • 1/ why the RNG for shards and gear is kept that bad?
    2/ why there is no still Mace Windu rework?
    3/ why can't we sim all the events we already cleared a bunch of time at 3 stars?
    4/ where is the neutral faction?
    5/ what's the point of left alone toons ? (tunskens, Visas, Gamorean, Underworld...)
  • Just a character idea I've been thinking of but I think dark side Yoda would be an interesting addition we've seen in the clone wars Yoda fears it so maybe have a basic attack, a lighting strike AOE, a special that's surrounds a character with a black mass dealing special damage and giving fear, and finally a debuff ability. I know I haven't explained in full detail but hopefully you all get the idea.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett

Please have the team provide us the future of the GET1 and GET2 currencies.

We’ve had two characters released at 5*. In today’s game they are useless before 7*. (GAS and Malak)

Hoarding currency is not fun. It is the opposite of fun. An announcement that 5* unlocks requiring GET are a thing of the past would go a long way.
  • 1.) Get rid of the GL ticket system. A farm after a farm is not fun. Get rid of it. Nobody likes it.

2.) Where’s Hondo?

3.) Revisting Old Republic stuff anytime soon? (Redeemed Revan?)

4.) Mace and Galactic Republic Jedi Rework? New clone wars content?

5.) What determines what era you focus on outside of movies and shows
  • Content should make us want to interact more. Think of the CLS event I replay the old ben scene sometimes.

Asylum war has a good point here, but it also makes me want to thank CG again. Making events repayable for no rewards is something CG got wonderfully right. When someone asks me for help with an event, I'm able to replay the event to refresh my memory. Really old events are still hard because they were forced to be much easier then (for instance, events that first came out under a level 75 cap so g9 didn't even exist yet). That means that I almost certainly have the toons upgraded way too far to give me an idea of what the actual difficulty is or what the actual pitfalls are going to be, But for most events, this is an incredible help for those of us who are trying to mentor newer players. This is over and above the joy of playing good events again. I'm really looking forward to JKL making it into the Guide for exactly that reason.
  • this is an incredible help for those of us who are trying to mentor newer players.

Cannot agree more with this. Now I want to go replay the CLS event and sac Old Ben.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Hey Spoilers Man! /s

Dood! The guy two posts above me already spoiled it, I was just chiming in!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
This discussion has been closed.