F2P GL Progress - 2nd Batch

Replies

• MaruMaru wrote: »
    @dgree I don't think cg does meta states that calculatedly. A buff/fix can happen at any moment, I wouldn't drop the ball too early.

Yeah, the meta thing sounds about right... although slkr/rey dropping on gas was huge so maybe im still reeling from that.

Wdym "drop the ball"?
  • GL were always intended to surpass all that came before. GL in between balance is another thing though. -drop the ball- as in give up on SEE, spend your hoard elsewhere only to see it get buffed afterwards.
  • It's just that the later into a meta it is, the more meta-chasing provides diminishing returns.

Well, sure if you're just going for Arena performance. But soloing HSTR is a known benefit that doesn't go away just because they release a toon that counters SLKR. Soloing HSTR is the main method of getting the G12 gear you need to collect all the other meta toons -- and you know that future meta toon will also require relics. That bridge has been crossed & we're never going back.

So SLKR has a solid, enduring benefit. They're not going to make HSTR harder (unless someday they add a new tier like they're doing for Rancor, but if they do, that's a long time in the future, and even then the current Heroic tier with the current g12 rewards will still be soloable by SLKR). This is baked in: it's something SLKR can just do.

So that's why I suggest moving forward with SLKR. Other people are going to have him or get him, and if you don't then some day you'll be locked out of top10 HSTR rewards, which are the only worthwhile HSTR rewards, until they make that raid simmable.

I think you should do what you like, of course, but comparing SLKR to a toon whose only value is in the Arena meta is shortsighted, imo.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Despite that, I won't do slkr merely because of the enourmous needs from where my roster is to completion...compared to other gls. I will keep hoping for another team that can pull this feat or a change in the scene overall.

Btw this guy is kinda done:
    7pplylqratym.png
  • @MaruMaru ah, I see what you're saying. I 100% agree. That's why I track my gear, and am working on making a custom gear calculator so that I can see if I have enough resources for a GL + other toons I may gear before I power up those other toons. I've always tried to min-max for the most part.

Grats on Luke, though! I was concerned a bit about him at first but he looks really fun.

It's just that the later into a meta it is, the more meta-chasing provides diminishing returns.

Well, sure if you're just going for Arena performance. But soloing HSTR is a known benefit that doesn't go away just because they release a toon that counters SLKR.
    Absolutely right about SLKR long-term value. If I could get a chance at HSTR top 3 there's a lot of value right there, plus he sounds fun to play. I've been using Shaak/clones with an r1 shaak and I don't really enjoy it anymore and like in arena, clones were also quickly eclipsed by SLKR. I'm aware that SLKR is a fantastic GL and even if SEE is touched up he won't be, but I'm willing to take SEE if he at least up to par simply due to preference of Sith over FO. Anything other than getting SLKR immediately can definitely be described as a mistake, but soon enough I'll figure out which path I take.
  • My goal is to have all 4 GLs by the end of the year as a 100% f2p. 8/15 for SEE now and it comes down to farming 14 G12+ and G13 finishers within next month. Need good luck in Sith raids.
  • I think I can have 2x GLs at the end of the year. Four? Wow, that's really exceeding expectations, that is.
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    lx5dpqsqiidi.jpeg

As of today. If I can get good drop from Sith raids, I have a decent chance to unlock all GLs before end of the year.
  • ScoundrelRui
    805 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    ada0ndi2x92f.jpg
    I'm coming along ok, JKA is almost at r7 and I've got a few that need higher relic levels. Whoever is closest gets to g13 next and the most useful characters get taken to their relic level next unless they need r4 max, that's easy.
  • sloweagle wrote: »
    lx5dpqsqiidi.jpeg

As of today. If I can get good drop from Sith raids, I have a decent chance to unlock all GLs before end of the year.

We are at pretty much the same spot. I have 10 ultimate pieces for JML but will save them for SEE. Better ultimate imo
  • Just unlocked See yesterday. I took a break from the game last October for 8.months so he's my first GL. Need 80 more mk 7 kryos to g13 him. Hoping those are part of the gifts we get today.

Now back to hoarding. My crystal reserve is pitiful for now. I think I'll likely round out my imp troopers but that can go slowly.

After that it really depends on what is best for the new rancor.

As far as another GL goes, I'm probably going to go for Luke or kylo next but it depends on how they each do in the new content.

I'm probably in better shape for Luke but kylo being able to solo hstr is tempting (though it seems they aren't going to allow that on future raids). The concern there is that Kylo is a resource hog if that is the only benefit. And your investment can be instantly devalued if they release a non GL solo team or flatten the rewards.
  • Kylo can do a ton of stuff that no one else can and there's no indication that he'll be bad in the new raid or that HSTR reward flattening is coming, right?
  • dgree wrote: »
    Kylo can do a ton of stuff that no one else can and there's no indication that he'll be bad in the new raid or that HSTR reward flattening is coming, right?

Other than soloing the sith raid there isn't much. He can beat a t3 of one assualt battle but that can also be beaten by ep led with fairly easily.

In most other areas of the game, you either can't use fo or you can use another team to get similar results. I would hardly say he's needed for ds tb. There are a ton of options for that.

So name one place other than the sith raid where SLKR is worth the resource drain.
    Kylo can do a ton of stuff that no one else can and there's no indication that he'll be bad in the new raid or that HSTR reward flattening is coming, right?

Doja said they were looking into it in the hstr complaint thread. And they specifically said the new raid wouldn't be soloable at least for now. That likely means a raid boss immune to siphoning, which would drastically reduce slkr's effectiveness in the new raid.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Well.. he can currently beat any team in arena, and looks far more future-proof than SEE. Combine that with HSTR and you have probably the top 2 resource income sources.
    Well.. he can currently beat any team in arena, and looks far more future-proof than SEE.

Yeah I'm perfectly fine with using a second team to climb if necessary rather than spending a ton of resources into a nearly year old meta to just use one team.

And I think See will do fine in arena. He beats jml easily and does well against Rey. Yes kylo is a struggle but they can be avoided or another counter used during a climb.

It's just like kylo uses likely avoid jml matches when it's not hard to do so since kylo beats see and Rey far easier.

I have a GL for arena. So you still didn't give something only SLKR can do.
  • If it's a ton of stuff this should be easy for you.
  • As of today, I finally have all the reqs for my first GL: JML. Yay!

I have to grind event tickets. Boo. I mean I knew it was coming but man do I hate it now that it’s finally arrived.
  • Calo_Nord wrote: »
    As of today, I finally have all the reqs for my first GL: JML. Yay!

I have to grind event tickets. Boo. I mean I knew it was coming but man do I hate it now that it’s finally arrived.

At least you are having it easy now. It was much worse.
  • At least you are having it easy now. It was much worse.

This.
    Calo_Nord wrote: »
    As of today, I finally have all the reqs for my first GL: JML. Yay!

At least you are having it easy now. It was much worse.

So you're sayin' I should be grateful I didn't have to walk to school -- up hill -- both ways -- knee deep in snow. Got it. :)
  • Something I've been waiting for a while to happen, that I think might be encouraging for others as well. Leia is my 80th. GL reqs started to slip out of my top 80. Even rose is not that far off. If you can afford enough teams, demod those to help with this transition. Many g12 stuff works better than them at relics.

3muhsu3swe6x.png
    6tugymh191tm.png

Something I've been waiting for a while to happen, that I think might be encouraging for others as well. Leia is my 80th. GL reqs started to slip out of my top 80. Even rose is not that far off. If you can afford enough teams, demod those to help with this transition. Many g12 stuff works better than them at relics.

Lol, I was waiting to see the same. I already pushed Princess Leia off the top 80. And are just waiting my new empire relic toons to push rebels Leia and Hoth Han off the top 80.

• @John_Matrix1985 @MaruMaru

4th GL unlocked, mission accomplished ahead of schedule. Now onto Beskar Armor Mando. Never ending chase:)

yyixjxc6vqbp.png
    @John_Matrix1985 @MaruMaru

4th GL unlocked, mission accomplished ahead of schedule. Now onto Beskar Armor Mando. Never ending chase:)

yyixjxc6vqbp.png

Well done! I'll finish the SEE requirements before Xmas. Hopefully unlock him by the new year.

yyixjxc6vqbp.png

Unadulterated craziness. You are probably the only one with 4. I'll stay on 2 until an see buff or new batch.

Unadulterated craziness. You are probably the only one with 4. I'll stay on 2 until an see buff or new batch.

Maybe I am the first f2p who have done it, or maybe not. There might be great players who just enjoy their accomplishments privately. Not everyone is as obsessed at claiming “world-first”:)

• Yea, I think this might be the case given what it takes. I don't see a problem with some friendly competition for motivation. Not everyone does it with the same mindset as -them- xD

yyixjxc6vqbp.png

Well done! I'll finish the SEE requirements before Xmas. Hopefully unlock him by the new year.

10/330 for SEE now so right on target. Could have started earlier but didn't want to empty the crystal reserve
  • Well, I couldn't keep up with the GL cadence this year, but I started on my 2nd on Oct21 and I'm 2 weeks away from being done with prereqs. At 10-11 weeks per GL, that means that 2GLs ever 26 weeks is sustainable for me in the future, so long as things don't get too muddied trying to finish r8 on a bunch of toons.

And although I wouldn't say I've started on either of the 2 new toons, I did do JKL before JML was announced, so I've got that going for me when it's finally time to do JML.