SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Tattz wrote: »
    I’m stating imo he WAI I see nothing in his kit that is contrary to that.

He is supposed to be a devastating attacker according to his official kit.

Out of all GLs, he puts out the least amount of damage. He hits like a wet paper bag vs. everyone but Jedi. He's utterly useless in raids and puts out less damage than most other heros in the game.

Sure, he can InStAKiLL 2 enemies at once with a single move on a 22 turn cooldown, but it's really just a poor gimmick. Especially when Rey and Kylo can instakill people on almost every turn they get. I'll would gladly take 4 of these in a match:

h1w9f4pak9e3.gif

How can you in good conscience say SEE is working as intended? That baffles my mind.

• I checked in to get an update. Nothing major to report, but the devs are in the process of looking at data and analytics, and will likely be contrasting that info with the other GLs to see how things measure up.

So, not sure what'll happen, but they're taking a deeper dive based on player sentiment (meaning you're being heard).

Doja your the best

• Xagen
    407 posts Member
    Tattz wrote: »
    If they buffed him to immortality then what about the SLKR, Rey and JML owners 🤷‍♂️

Rey couldn’t counter SEe—-No), SLKR couldn’t counter JMl-No), JMl couldn’t counter SEE -No)). But See has problems with SLKR one tank, and double-tank SLKr squads are a rock that he can’t climb over at all
  • Ok so I'll start by saying I didn't read all 60+ pages and I'm not going to.

After unlocking see and using him a little with no ultimate here are my thoughts.

It isn't as bad as some are saying. He holds ok but with people in my shard having 3 or 4 gls and a ton of counters. Nothing holds very well.

I can beat about any jml team consistently and easily. Rey teams, I usually don't worry about because my vader counter is so effective, I don't care if he can beat Rey. Vader is more fun anyway. And my understanding is that the rock paper scissors aspect makes beating kylo with hi difficult. And I'm ok with that. I also have a kylo counter.

But I think there are s few changes that could be made to make him more viable in other parts of the game.

1. Fix the assualt battles where his linked works as described. Currently the enemies don't lose protection and CG claims this is wai. I can still beat the assualt battle with ep lead but if you farm a GL they should at least make the assualt battle easier for that faction.

2. Don't punish allied tanks. Currently his kit prevents revives of allied sith. That's dumb. Make it prevent enemy revives not allied ones. That would make sion more viable under see. And his protection recovery does nothing for malak. It should at least heal him since his protection is converted to health. His kit currently punishes the two best sith tanks.

3. Make the protection recovery ability still available in the ultimate. This likely wouldn't affect arena much since the battle is likely over shortly after the ultimate but in multiple wave pve, you shouldn't feel like going to the ultimate form too early may hurt you.
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    If they are all of equal power then show me a Rey or JML squad that can rank 1 arena 4/4 phase 4 GEO TB and ........ solo HSTR
  • I checked in to get an update. Nothing major to report, but the devs are in the process of looking at data and analytics, and will likely be contrasting that info with the other GLs to see how things measure up.

So, not sure what'll happen, but they're taking a deeper dive based on player sentiment (meaning you're being heard).

THANK YOU

cry-happy.gif
  • MolBettaBlu
    76 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    yes that is what people are asking. Or perhaps they are asking for this new GL to perform similar to other GLs in the sense that SEE can beat SLKR, in the sense that in the sith raid you can get at least 30-40M out of him, in the sense that in HAAT you can auto with him. In the sense that when on defense, its not a free auto from SLKR or Rey owners. In a sense that solo SLKRs or solo Reys or Wat Rey duos don't beat SEE.

No one is asking for SEE to be unbeatable, no one is asking for SEE to full clear HSTR (would be nice) but thats not expected and CG doesnt want GLs to perform as such. What people are asking is for SEE to be a hard out, not a cake walk that multiple B tier teams can beat.

And based upon your account. Are you sure you didn't pick up SEE just for the memes? Cause Relic 7 ewoks and cup lead me down that path. I dont want a meme GL, I want a real one that is "ON PAR" with the two prior GLs
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    If they are all of equal power then show me a Rey or JML squad that can rank 1 arena 4/4 phase 4 GEO TB and ........ solo HSTR

I think it’s irrelevant to compare Dark Geo vs Light Geo at all, ))
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    yes that is what people are asking. Or perhaps they are asking for this new GL to perform similar to other GLs in the sense that SEE can beat SLKR, in the sense that in the sith raid you can get at least 30-40M out of him, in the sense that in HAAT you can auto with him. In the sense that when on defense, its not a free auto from SLKR or Rey owners. In a sense that solo SLKRs or solo Reys or Wat Rey duos don't beat SEE.

No one is asking for SEE to be unbeatable, no one is asking for SEE to full clear HSTR (would be nice) but thats not expected and CG doesnt want GLs to perform as such. What people are asking is for SEE to be a hard out, not a cake walk that multiple B tier teams can beat.

And based upon your account. Are you sure you didn't pick up SEE just for the memes? Cause Relic 7 ewoks and cup lead me down that path. I dont want a meme GL, I want a real one that is "ON PAR" with the two prior GLs

I relic’d them because I liked them simple as that ewoks are my favourite faction

• Personally I don't care if SEE can beat SLKR, it would be nice if it was a bit easier, but I feel that argument is a red herring.

More so than anything else, I would like to see two things:

1- Better leadership and survivability for his sith team. Yeah I've got it down where I can beat Rey about 75% of the time now, which is OK for Arena, but because my entire Sith team is dead before the end of the match, it's useless for TW/GA because of the banner loss. JML is even worse, because even though SEE is the direct counter for JML (and I can hit auto on just about ant JML team and win), again, my entire team is usually dead by the end of the match (show me a sith hero in the game that puts out as much damage or has as much survivability as JKL and GAS).

2- Better viability in PvE/Raids. There is no reason at all a "devstating attacker" should be putting out minimal damage in raids to the point where he has no use, at all. It's just pathetic. If CG isn't going to improve his damage to non-jedi teams in PvP, at least do it in PvE.

• Tattz
    192 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Xagen wrote: »

I think it’s irrelevant to compare Dark Geo vs Light Geo at all, ))

Ok so show me the HSTR squads then please they are equally powered as you say

If you are coming here for all GLs to be able to solo HSTR... sign me up. I see no reason SLKR should be the only one. I would much rather farm light side GLs as the TB battles are much harder on LS than DS

• Tattz
    192 posts Member
    I’m not saying that but SLKR can do something in the HSTR that no other GL can do so how are they equally powered

Well, Rey is a support and JML is a tank. So it's not fair to compare them to SEE and SLKR who are billed as Devastating Attacker and Immense Attacker (CG's words) respectively. For raid damage, SEE should be more in the league of SLKR, but reality is he's behind Rey in 3rd place for raid damage and possibly behind JML as well.

Geo TB? Who cares about that. If you have SEE, then you already have all the other relic DS heros needed for him and could achieve 4/4 anyway without him.

I’m not saying that but SLKR can do something in the HSTR that no other GL can do so how are they equally powered

They aren't.

SLKR is unarguably the best GL in the game, he has great utility in every aspect and game mode.

On a scale of 1 to 10, based on usefulness, I'd rate the GLs as follows

SLKR - 10
    Rey - 8
    JML - 7
    SEE - 2

SLKR is viable in Arena, GA, TW, HSTR, GC; everything.

Rey is viable in everything as well but not quite as good as SLKR in sith raid.

JML is viable in everything except sith raid.

SEE only has one function - Arena.

• Xagen
    407 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    agree on this point, but SLKR is not mandatory for Dark Geo and Can be easily replaced by multiple high-relic teams, on the other hand Lightside Gls performes very good with right strategy even comparing with f2p high relic toons, And actually i can hardly find out any other squads that performs much better than Lightside GLs, so they could hardly be replaced by f2p toons. Just to remind that Lightside Geo of the most difficult events in the game. Taking back to SEE, he can be easily replaced by f2p high relic squads on Dark Geo, he doesn't perform good in HSTR, and now he is 100% worse than other 3 Gls for TW/GA/Arena

If they buffed him to immortality then what about the SLKR, Rey and JML owners 🤷‍♂️

He needs to be on par with the other GLs as advertised otherwise it is false advertising and CG could be forced to refund people's money.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    I mean no I’ll feeling to any of you just my opinion may all have a merry Christmas and a happy new year 👍🏻
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    I checked in to get an update. Nothing major to report, but the devs are in the process of looking at data and analytics, and will likely be contrasting that info with the other GLs to see how things measure up.

Appreciate the non-update update. Unfortunately a lack of good news is when you're needed the most.
  • Assassin9818
    349 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I checked in to get an update. Nothing major to report, but the devs are in the process of looking at data and analytics, and will likely be contrasting that info with the other GLs to see how things measure up.

I'm pretty sure you cannot say this, but I guess it is not wrong to ask and hoping for an answer. How long does roughly take the devs to do this kind of process? Thx by the way for some sort of update even though it doesn't really change the situation at all.
  • dgree wrote: »

Appreciate the non-update update. Unfortunately a lack of good news is when you're needed the most.

Honestly... agree with this. With Doja here I was hoping CG would be turning over a new leaf and listening to their community more.
    I know Doja is just the messenger but wow... really wish after two months the devs would be farther then they are.

All we wan't is his kit to synergize with his gosh darn faction and not be a clunky mess.

And I'm not getting my hopes up... cause if the numbers come back "all clear" then nothing will change. his kit will still be a clunky mess and he'll still be useless in most if not all places.
  • LordDirt wrote: »

He needs to be on par with the other GLs as advertised otherwise it is false advertising and CG could be forced to refund people's money.

Lmao, good luck with that.
  • Shiryu wrote: »
    dgree wrote: »

kit will still be a clunky mess and he'll still be useless in most if not all places.

Yeh. He's really only good in Arena (only because he's a hard counter to JML and there's so many JMLs), and even there, he's not the dominant force. If this GL drop didn't have JML or SEE didn't counter him, can anyone honestly say that SEE is on par or has any use in the game at all? Thank the lord he can at least do 1 thing fairly well. But he needs to be able to do more.

• MaruMaru wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »

I did it before when CG gave everyone bonus shards by mistake for a hero (I think it was malak?) and I unlocked him to 7 stars and spent $200 on gear to take him straight to g12. Then when they took the shards back and reverted him back to 6 stars I requested refund through Google and they approved. I will probably do the same here with SEE. Maybe.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member

I'm pretty sure you cannot say this, but I guess it is not wrong to ask and hoping for an answer. How long does roughly take the devs to do this kind of process? Thx by the way for some sort of update even though it doesn't really change the situation at all.

I don't think there's any telling. That they somehow released SEE focusing on nerfing him out the box, without testing, and without anticipating the mistakes they made not understanding his weaknesses and compensating them with strengths, for a brand new meta galactic legend... this is probably unprecedented.

They totally dropped the ball on SEE and picking it back up and figuring stuff out--if they want to do anything at all, or are allowed to--is going to take time, especially when it's not a priority. No good precedent, and not a priority? That's really not the sort of thing you can get a good estimate for.
  • LordDunbar wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

I did it before when CG gave everyone bonus shards by mistake for a hero (I think it was malak?) and I unlocked him to 7 stars and spent $200 on gear to take him straight to g12. Then when they took the shards back and reverted him back to 6 stars I requested refund through Google and they approved. I will probably do the same here with SEE. Maybe.

You would think you'd just learn to stop throwing money at them.

Gambling is a real addiction
    LordDunbar wrote: »

Gambling is a real addiction

Yeah I remember the malak fiasco. I was mad enough to quit for 8 months. And I didn't even spend money on it.

I also now have see ftp. I'm not even mad though. I got use out of him (or at least his requirements) and he does ok in arena.

I really didn't expect much more than that. The assualt battles and linked not removing protection bothers me more than anything to be honest.

Yeah, soooo...cg won't refund money on things like this, the stores will as long as you risk your account in the process.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    g8rhxufd2ee0.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.