CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited December 2020
[ Developer Insight - Kit Reveal ]

wnu0yais2c4s.jpg

UNIT NAME: Moff Gideon
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Support, Empire, Imperial Trooper, Leader
Empire Leader that can lead a fireteam into battle and punish enemies with the Leader tag

ABILITIES:

Basic: DISRUPTIVE SHOT

zkiablnm4xl4.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and gain 1 stack of Insight, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. If Moff Gideon has at least 4 stacks of Insight, he gains the Special ability Subversive Volley. Insight stacks last until the end of the encounter.

Insight: At 4 or more stacks, gain the Special ability Subversive Volley

Granted Ability: SUBVERSIVE VOLLEY (No cooldown, Requires 4 stacks of Insight)

9yql0vvcybss.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and Daze them for 2 turns. This Daze can't be resisted by enemies with the Leader tag. Moff Gideon loses all stacks of Insight and this ability is removed.

Special 1: DARKSABER LUNGE (Cooldown 4)

3n0ximx0nv7v.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Armor Shred for the rest of the battle.

Special 2: (ZETA) CONTROL THE SITUATION (Cooldown 6)

hcebglvfy61v.gif

FINAL TEXT: Call all Imperial Trooper allies to assist, dealing 30% less damage. All units lose 100% Turn Meter, which can't be resisted. Then, allies gain 25% Turn Meter. Tank allies Taunt for 2 turns, Attacker allies gain 50% Offense for 2 turns, and Support allies gain 100% Protection Up.

Leader: (ZETA)TACTICAL DEPLOYMENT

FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle, if Moff Gideon has exactly one Dark Side Tank ally, two Dark Side Attacker allies, and one additional Dark Side Support ally, all Dark Side allies gain 30% Max Health and Max Protection. If all allies are also Imperial Troopers:
  • Whenever an enemy with the Leader tag uses an ability, Imperial Trooper allies gain 10% Offense (stacking) until the end of the encounter
  • Whenever an enemy with the Leader tag takes a turn, Moff Gideon gains 1 stack of Insight
  • Imperial Trooper allies gain 40% Offense and revive with 50% Health and Protection the first time they are defeated each encounter

Unique 1: KNOW YOUR ADVERSARIES

FINAL TEXT: At the start of Moff Gideon's first turn of each encounter, he inflicts Demoralized on all enemies (excludes raid bosses) until they are defeated, Moff Gideon is defeated, or the end of the encounter. Demoralized can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted.

Demoralized: -50% Offense, -25% Critical Chance, -25% Critical Damage; does not stack with other debuffs
Post edited by CG_Doja_Fett_MINI on

Replies

• Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited December 2020
    FINAL TEXT: Call all Imperial Trooper allies to assist, dealing 30% less damage. All units lose 100% Turn Meter, which can't be resisted. Then, allies gain 25% Turn Meter. Tank allies Taunt for 2 turns, Attacker allies gain 50% Offense for 2 turns, and Support allies gain 100% Protection Up.

Holy smokes this TM reduction + gain ability isn't limited to troopers, This is the level of flexibility that a Galactic Legend should have
  • Phew, his second special looks good!
    Glad I finished my DT farm in the double drops lol
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Moff's anti-leader tag works against JML Jedi Lineup so effectively. All meta teams have at least 3 toons with leader tags (SEE, Darth Revan, Darth Vader, Traya / JML, JKL, GAS / Rey + Jedi etc)

And demoralized being a unique is amazing on its own. I can see this toon take out multiple GLs without requiring one
  • fun
  • -50% Offense. Cannot be resisted or dispelled.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    -50% Offense. Cannot be resisted or dispelled.

Was about to say, Rey + Vandor Chewie + Gideon lmao
  • So Gideon lead, Piett support, shoretrooper tank, with deathtrooper and snowtrooper is the ideal team I'm guessing?
  • Really not looking forward to fighting against this on defense.
  • Someone explain to me why this is not a legendary. Well, I guess this is taking my trooopers from grievous level good to GAS level good lmao
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    So Gideon lead, Piett support, shoretrooper tank, with deathtrooper and snowtrooper is the ideal team I'm guessing?

Magma trooper and his tm reduction seems like a nice attacker.

The problem is that then leaves veers,starck,pimp,snow or death, and storm trooper as your b trooper squad
    So Gideon lead, Piett support, shoretrooper tank, with deathtrooper and snowtrooper is the ideal team I'm guessing?

The 30% Hp/prot is not worth using a tank.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I'm thinking you could make an anti-BH team with Gideon, Snow, Starck, Storm, and Magma while keeping Veers, Piett, Death, Shore, and Range as a general all offensive team. A fast enough Piett can get the buff tm train going for Veers
  • CUFCfan
    32 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    With the revive now a thing for Imps, will that trigger Stormtrooper's zeta if an Imp ally dies and revives?

Interesting point. I was kind of bummed for not being able to bring piet and veers, since veer's turn meter gain is on his unique it might be worth dropping a tank for unyielding damage.
  • From the Developer Insights:

"While Moff Gideon uses the Darksaber in the stinger for the final episode of Season 1, we never see him fight with it. Since this version of the character is based entirely on his screen time in Season 1, we knew that while we had to include the Darksaber, but left it to function identical to Sabine’s Special (only with a longer cooldown)."

This makes absolute sense, and I appreciate the thinking on this.
  • Yeah Im thinking Gideon lead, piett, range, snow and magma for one team. Piett can force the taunt on someone (probably
    Range or Magma) and youre good to go.

Veers, starck, death, shore and whoever's left for 2nd team.

A team can probably take out some serious enemies, B team can still wipe out NS/BH.

Although, Piett is really the key to getting the troopers to be as amazing as they are now. Perhaps piett and moff are overkill and we can keep piett with lower imps to boost them.
  • It seems a very interesting plug and play support. Noit having any imp geared up and looking forward to use it anyway !
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »

Interesting point. I was kind of bummed for not being able to bring piet and veers, since veer's turn meter gain is on his unique it might be worth dropping a tank for unyielding damage.

@mesa176750 @slickdealer You need a DS tank to get the 30% bonus though...

FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle, if Moff Gideon has exactly one Dark Side Tank ally, two Dark Side Attacker allies, and one additional Dark Side Support ally, all Dark Side allies gain 30% Max Health and Max Protection. If all allies are Imperial Troopers:
  • DarthTriumvirate
    82 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Special 1: DARKSABER LUNGE (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Armor Shred for the rest of the battle.

So this kit looks absolutely nuts, but I just would like to know, why is that extra clause in there? Armor Shred has always been permanent whether or not it's stated in the kit description, although it does drop each encounter as opposed to each battle, but that doesn't seem like it would ever be relevant unless we get Gideon as a PvE enemy in a multi-encounter setting, such as TB or a raid.

superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • Better kit than SEE
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • It looks like he will work with stormtrooper, magmatrooper, death trooper and krennic
  • Does Demoralised's -50% Offense, -25% Critical Chance, -25% Critical Damage stat debuff effect enemy Galactic Legends? It'd be good to get an official statement from the Devs on this interaction
    Lets be honest, Lego Star Wars the Skywalker saga is going to be more polished, fun and overall better than Swgoh could ever be
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Better kit than SEE
    Its a cool kit but he seems alright.

I'll have to go back on my earlier statement that he can take out multiple GLs - Troopers can already take out SEE without him

Remains to be seen if they can push up against JML or not, I wonder how effective he will be in challenge tier rancor raid than anywhere else tbh
  • How does that team include two Death Troopers? What am I missing?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Does Demoralised's -50% Offense, -25% Critical Chance, -25% Critical Damage stat debuff effect enemy Galactic Legends? It'd be good to get an official statement from the Devs on this interaction

No need.

It's a debuff there is nothing stopping it from working on a GL.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moroveus wrote: »
    How does that team include two Death Troopers? What am I missing?

It does. It's not a real team so there is nothing to miss.
  • [*] Imperial Trooper allies gain 40% Offense and revive with 50% Health and Protection the first time they are defeated each encounter

Do each one of these revives count as a “defeat” to trigger the Wall of Stormtroopers zeta?
  • So given he needs 4 IT's to be really effective, is he useless in 3v3 GAC?