[ Developer Insight
- Kit Reveal ]UNIT NAME:
Dark Side, Support, Empire, Imperial Trooper, LeaderEmpire Leader that can lead a fireteam into battle and punish enemies with the Leader tagABILITIES:Basic: DISRUPTIVE SHOT
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and gain 1 stack of Insight, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. If Moff Gideon has at least 4 stacks of Insight, he gains the Special ability Subversive Volley. Insight stacks last until the end of the encounter.Insight:
At 4 or more stacks, gain the Special ability Subversive VolleyGranted Ability: SUBVERSIVE VOLLEY
(No cooldown, Requires 4 stacks of Insight
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and Daze them for 2 turns. This Daze can't be resisted by enemies with the Leader tag. Moff Gideon loses all stacks of Insight and this ability is removed.Special 1: DARKSABER LUNGE
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Armor Shred for the rest of the battle.Special 2: (ZETA) CONTROL THE SITUATION
FINAL TEXT: Call all Imperial Trooper allies to assist, dealing 30% less damage. All units lose 100% Turn Meter, which can't be resisted. Then, allies gain 25% Turn Meter. Tank allies Taunt for 2 turns, Attacker allies gain 50% Offense for 2 turns, and Support allies gain 100% Protection Up.Leader: (ZETA)TACTICAL DEPLOYMENT
FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle, if Moff Gideon has exactly one Dark Side Tank ally, two Dark Side Attacker allies, and one additional Dark Side Support ally, all Dark Side allies gain 30% Max Health and Max Protection. If all allies are also Imperial Troopers:
Unique 1: KNOW YOUR ADVERSARIES
- Whenever an enemy with the Leader tag uses an ability, Imperial Trooper allies gain 10% Offense (stacking) until the end of the encounter
- Whenever an enemy with the Leader tag takes a turn, Moff Gideon gains 1 stack of Insight
- Imperial Trooper allies gain 40% Offense and revive with 50% Health and Protection the first time they are defeated each encounter
FINAL TEXT: At the start of Moff Gideon's first turn of each encounter, he inflicts Demoralized on all enemies (excludes raid bosses) until they are defeated, Moff Gideon is defeated, or the end of the encounter. Demoralized can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted.Demoralized:
-50% Offense, -25% Critical Chance, -25% Critical Damage; does not stack with other debuffs
Holy smokes this TM reduction + gain ability isn't limited to troopers, This is the level of flexibility that a Galactic Legend should have
Glad I finished my DT farm in the double drops lol
And demoralized being a unique is amazing on its own. I can see this toon take out multiple GLs without requiring one
Was about to say, Rey + Vandor Chewie + Gideon lmao
Magma trooper and his tm reduction seems like a nice attacker.
The problem is that then leaves veers,starck,pimp,snow or death, and storm trooper as your b trooper squad
The 30% Hp/prot is not worth using a tank.
Interesting point. I was kind of bummed for not being able to bring piet and veers, since veer's turn meter gain is on his unique it might be worth dropping a tank for unyielding damage.
"While Moff Gideon uses the Darksaber in the stinger for the final episode of Season 1, we never see him fight with it. Since this version of the character is based entirely on his screen time in Season 1, we knew that while we had to include the Darksaber, but left it to function identical to Sabine’s Special (only with a longer cooldown)."
This makes absolute sense, and I appreciate the thinking on this.
Range or Magma) and youre good to go.
Veers, starck, death, shore and whoever's left for 2nd team.
A team can probably take out some serious enemies, B team can still wipe out NS/BH.
Although, Piett is really the key to getting the troopers to be as amazing as they are now. Perhaps piett and moff are overkill and we can keep piett with lower imps to boost them.
@mesa176750 @slickdealer You need a DS tank to get the 30% bonus though...
FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle, if Moff Gideon has exactly one Dark Side Tank ally, two Dark Side Attacker allies, and one additional Dark Side Support ally, all Dark Side allies gain 30% Max Health and Max Protection. If all allies are Imperial Troopers:
So this kit looks absolutely nuts, but I just would like to know, why is that extra clause in there? Armor Shred has always been permanent whether or not it's stated in the kit description, although it does drop each encounter as opposed to each battle, but that doesn't seem like it would ever be relevant unless we get Gideon as a PvE enemy in a multi-encounter setting, such as TB or a raid.
I'll have to go back on my earlier statement that he can take out multiple GLs - Troopers can already take out SEE without him
Remains to be seen if they can push up against JML or not, I wonder how effective he will be in challenge tier rancor raid than anywhere else tbh
It's a debuff there is nothing stopping it from working on a GL.
It does. It's not a real team so there is nothing to miss.
Do each one of these revives count as a “defeat” to trigger the Wall of Stormtroopers zeta?