Solicitation for Topics of Interest

Replies

• I just noticed that darth Sidius' leadership is described in two different ways on the character's own screen in-game.

Tap on the leadership skill in-game & on the left side where it lists the incremental gain from each upgrade, the level 8 upgrade promises that Sith will gain 2% offense per critical hit until the end of the battle.

But if you look on the right where it has a unified description of the cumulative effects of all upgrades, it states that the 2% offense bonus lasts until the end of the encounter.

This is a HUGE difference.

Now, I've ignored Sidius for a long time, but as a high-relic requirement for SEE I'm going to start using him again (I mean, I'm sure I'll find some sort of use for him just so as not to completely waste the relic gear). If I'm going to start using him, I really need to know what the actual effect is.

Til end of battle
    or
    Til end of encounter.

I don't care much which one it is, but I really need to be able to know which one it is in advance so I can accurately compare leadership abilities before choosing a leader for a specific mission or battle.
  • Sith Eternal Emperor’s leadership states he gains 10% mastery whenever a decieved or linked enemy uses an ability, and other sith allies gain half that amount. Does this mean they gain 5% of SEE’s mastery, or 5% of their own?
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I just noticed that darth Sidius' leadership is described in two different ways on the character's own screen in-game.

Tap on the leadership skill in-game & on the left side where it lists the incremental gain from each upgrade, the level 8 upgrade promises that Sith will gain 2% offense per critical hit until the end of the battle.

But if you look on the right where it has a unified description of the cumulative effects of all upgrades, it states that the 2% offense bonus lasts until the end of the encounter.

This is a HUGE difference.

Now, I've ignored Sidius for a long time, but as a high-relic requirement for SEE I'm going to start using him again (I mean, I'm sure I'll find some sort of use for him just so as not to completely waste the relic gear). If I'm going to start using him, I really need to know what the actual effect is.

Til end of battle
    or
    Til end of encounter.

I don't care much which one it is, but I really need to be able to know which one it is in advance so I can accurately compare leadership abilities before choosing a leader for a specific mission or battle.

English is the weakest part of the development teams abilities. Let’s them have wiggle room. You always need wiggle room in case something isn’t WAI.
  • Notworking
    169 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I would like to know why in the character faction filter drop down menu we do not have a filter for each GL and their farming requirements (even better if it had the min requirements too).
    If that is too time consuming then introduce extra favourite filters e.g. favourite 1, favourite 2 etc.
    How easy/difficult is it to implement this additional option? Who makes the decision and what criteria is factored into the decision making process?
    I appreciate that that this may be viewed as a "wishlist request" and therefore should not be posted in this thread however like many players I am not an coder and things that seem simple to me to implement such as this or seperating ship/toon deployment/missions in TB which has been getting requested for a long time and hasn't happened then turn into frustration. An explanation of what is involved e.g how much code needs rewritten, programming hours etc, cost v benefit etc would be of interest
    Post edited by Notworking on
  • GAC is considered the flagship PVP content of this game and yet there seems to be a huge miss on the part of the CG around GL's and the lack of counters (in particular Rey in 3v3) which creates huge mismatches and an uncompetitive balance.

Can someone please address (or at least recognize) the issue of double vs single GL matchmaking and how and why this is happening? Otherwise, this has the appearance of yet another game mode that is slowly being poorly managed and not current with the state of the game today.

• I think even if quality of life questions are currently know issues, I'd love to know some QoL updates are coming down the pike and open to discussion.

I get that an idea at the beginning stage of development (neutral tags, Tuskens to build out characters, etc.) may end up being no longer feasible or relevant (or are Tuskens?), but I think having a Q&A for some of these game decisions would be interesting, regardless of the format. "Have a question about URoRRuR'R'R? We've brought back CG_Snookums with a consultancy fee and moratorium on their NDA to answer three--three ONLY-- questions on Friday."

Humility and honesty would be awesome here too. Knowing B1's mastery is an algorithm from throwing a dart at the wall is fine. But if there's more to the story....
  • Stryde wrote: »
    "Have a question about URoRRuR'R'R? We've brought back CG_Snookums with a consultancy fee and moratorium on their NDA to answer three--three ONLY-- questions on Friday."

Brilliant! I could get behind this.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Rather than edit, I will go ahead to add.. Sandpeople always travel single file, to hide their numbers, we really have more than 3.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    I am also curious to know the reasoning behind making us take useless characters (Krennic, Sidious, Rose, Lando) to high relic levels for Galactic Legends, and why there is such a disparity in useless characters between the different GL's.

For instance, SLK's requirements are used in most of the best SLK teams, and allow you to split FO into two useful teams for TB, while less than half (Vader, EP, AP, Dooku, JKA, Veers, Starck) are worth relic levels. What am I supposed to do with an r4 Krennic? Complete garbage.
  • Whats the idea with giving b1 crit chance and crit damage as his mastery. B1 cannot crit lol

I can answer this one, at least. What stats a character gets from mastery levels is determined by their role (tank, attacker, support) and their primary stat (strength, tactics, agility). B1 is an Agility Attacker, so they get offense, crit chance, and crit damage. All Agility attackers (ie: Scavenger Rey, Ahsoka Tano, Resistance Trooper, etc) get those three stats.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Is there any way they could make Hermit Yoda an accelerated farm? I'm such behind him and I would love if I could get him faster
  • Coltc455 wrote: »
    Is there any way they could make Hermit Yoda an accelerated farm? I'm such behind him and I would love if I could get him faster

Hope not, it took me forever to unlock him. You need to grind like the rest.
  • If I recall correctly, it was stated that Geonosian Brood Alpha was created by the studio specifically for this game, so I want to ask, if you could give Geonosian Brood Alpha a given name (example: Poggle, Sun Fac) what would you name him, and if you could do it again for another faction, which one would you most like to make a character for?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    What's the deal with ships? There are few viable fleets, the meta is ancient, the pace of new additions is glacial. It almost looks like they are considered a failure but too big to outright remove. So, where do the devs stand when it comes to ships?
  • Darthdanauz
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I’d like to know if there’s any plans to ease gearing the toon shard double drop was great but too be honest gear is such a bigger grind and more frustrating

Will we get jedi fallen order toons

Will we get an old republic galactic legend
    Post edited by Darthdanauz on
  • There are two general camps on ships--
    1) We need more ships and ship content.
    2) Ships are bad and should feel bad.

In addition to my original topic of interest, I'd like a general talk about ships. What's the plan going forward with pilots and unpiloted ships; what the plan is for new capital ships, revisiting original capital ships, and filling out smaller factions; what the real metrics say about extant ship content, etc. You don't need to be super specific or detailed, juat a general overview of where we really are in relation to where players perceive us to be, and where we might be going down the line.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Is there any way of having your guild pop up more frequently in the "in game guild search"? What actually makes your guild pop up in there?
  • I already posted in this thread, but this just came up from my guild:

Can we get more detailed TB info? Such as, who completed which wave of which combat mission? Or even something simpler like total successful combat waves (for each person) per Phase. As well as successful special mission attempts. Right now, all we see are total attempts, not successes, and no distinction between an attempt at a combat mission vs how many waves within those missions were completed. This would really help us track progress.

Similar topic, can you talk about the bot community and if there are plans at CG to incorporate into the game any of the quality of life features we rely on third party bots for? (Particularly looking at HotUtils, DSR Bot, the ARIES / LEO / SCORPIO family, etc., which are all incredibly useful but only because the game doesn't do these things for us.)
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Maybe this exists in some form already, but I would find it interesting to hear devs preferences for the films, novelizations, shows or other media in some form of ranking system. Do you prefer this film over that film etc.?

In addition, how have these preferences impacted the game in development, kits or character choices? Do devs get to work on content for which they have a preference? Certainly not always, but perhaps there are some interesting stories.
  • I’d like to hear an update on cheating. I think it’s appalling to allow people to spend money on a game only to coddle and help people who cheat against them. I don’t understand why anyone would spend while this question continues to be ignored.
  • TAZZZOOO
    245 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I’d like to hear an update on cheating. I think it’s appalling to allow people to spend money on a game only to coddle and help people who cheat against them. I don’t understand why anyone would spend while this question continues to be ignored.

Same concern.
    *They* either have to admit they messed up with the Ahnald controversy or admit they allow whales to cheat. Both of which are true but neither look good on *them*.
    Post edited by Kyno on

• 4) Over a year ago, CG said that fleet "squads" were on their QOL wishlist. Ever since then, people have been asking for them during every Q&A. Now with 8 capital ships, the need is even greater. Will we ever be able to save our fleets just like we do with squads?

Eight Capitals, who would have thought?! Please please implement fleet building.
    Looooki wrote: »

But the power creep kicked in and the rewards are just old school that people just sim it.

Make the old contents interesting, scale up the rewards. Make things fun again.

Add a challenge tier to the GW, one that is like the old one difficulty wise. Perhaps with mods and slicing mats as the reward.

I agree with this, but there aren't that many ships. I find the mod loadout menu to be far more needing with the exact same underlying problem. And unlike the ability to place favorites for ships, loadouts you get tabs and lots of scrolling with an inability to arrange in a loadout menu.
  • CG, your "art" could use a buff. I just looked at your SEE graphics for the 1st time out of curiosity and you don't have the background dimming out with the onset of his AOE lightning. Final Fantasy 7 had graphics 20 years ago with probably 100th of the processing power when it would summon creatures. I think it is doable. The arch-nemesis in all of Star Wars should bring a feel of doom during his attack.
  • Oooh... this is great.

1. What was the most unintended "oops I think we broke it" character release/kit interaction and what was it like coming in later to deal with the aftermath?
    2. Why hasn't Mace Windu gotten a rework yet? I think we've seen Mace in at least 3 different iterations with a different kit than what he's currently got - too OP?
    3. Why the mod cap? Like what was the rationale behind it?
    4. Have y'all ever thought about letting ships go naked? For instance - if I'm looking to clean up a fleet - but don't have a capital ship to use/want to use - just letting me take however many ships in? Could be a really fun mechanic to play around with - heck, you could have a "leader" ship that isn't a capital ship.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I really liked the idea of 3v3 TW that was cancelled over backlash of banned TW characters

Any plans on revisiting TW and different formats? What were some of the TW ideas that y'all had that never made the cut?
  • How long did cg have jedi knight Luke's kit planned? Any truth to the conspiracy theories that it was originally supposed to be mace windus kit?
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    UrbanNomad wrote: »
    4. Have y'all ever thought about letting ships go naked? For instance - if I'm looking to clean up a fleet - but don't have a capital ship to use/want to use - just letting me take however many ships in? Could be a really fun mechanic to play around with - heck, you could have a "leader" ship that isn't a capital ship.

We have 4 bounty hunter ships (6 scoundrel ships) and no capital ship for them. That being said, does it make sense to have a capital ship their kind of scum? Your idea of a "leader" ship sorta fits in line.

Every single bounty hunter in this game has a leader ability. Imagine this, what if every bounty hunter ship ALSO had a leader ability. This way, you would not need to have a capital ship. You pick one as the leader, it functions as the capital ship (with some unique abilities) and you then pick three other ships for the rest of the fleet. I'm sure there are a bunch of pros and cons to this idea, issues that I have not thought of, but I do like your idea overall.
This discussion has been closed.