Shard Economy Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Konju wrote: »
    It's no big deal. Chill.

You should feel free to ‘chill’ elsewhere. This is a reasonable thread with reasonable points.

No, it is not. It is conspicuously lacking an acceptable level of chill.

Do not forget that it is just a game. Have fun with it. Get some perspective.

Chill.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »
    It's no big deal. Chill.

You should feel free to ‘chill’ elsewhere. This is a reasonable thread with reasonable points.

Chill.

For you it is a game, not even top 200 in arena. That is fine. No problem for you. You are already very chill...

For others it is hard earned money invested, representing far more than just a game.

Again, feel free to chill wherever you like. Allow others the same freedom of expression. Thanks.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Except the above calculation goes with 1 day interval assumption of drops without any tracking. So much for integrity and all that spins out of that assumption.

Yes, some posts are overblowing the issue. Have not checked the math on that post as the English was difficult enough.
  • Konju wrote: »
    It's no big deal. Chill.

Chill.

For you it is a game, not even top 200 in arena. That is fine. No problem for you. You are already very chill...

For others it is hard earned money invested, representing far more than just a game.

Again, feel free to chill wherever you like. Allow others the same freedom of expression. Thanks.

Well now you have gone and made me feel bad about my sad underachieving life. I hope it made you happy. Maybe now you can bask in the radiance of your scathing attack and chill with a mimosa.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    It's no big deal. Chill.

Chill.

Well now you have gone and made me feel bad about my sad underachieving life. I hope it made you happy. Maybe now you can bask in the radiance of your scathing attack and chill with a mimosa.

I find nothing wrong with your approach to the game. My post was not an attack, being below top 200 is fine...for you. Your experience is as valid as anyone else. That was my point. I was not scathing in any fashion as it was not intended as an attack.

Not one ounce of me enjoys hurting someone else. I would be happy to return to the topic and allow you to enjoy your freedom of expression as well.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    It's no big deal. Chill.

Chill.

Though if your life is sad, and I caused a remembrance of it, I hope you are also able to gain perspective as well.

Chill.
  • Impact of bronzium full character pulls on SSC gear:

10/25/50/80 shard characters seem to have different drop rates

Appears to be 1.2%/0.6%/0.3%/0.15%(conjecture for 80 pulls as sample was too small)

10 - 12/100 pulls
    25 - 15/100 pulls
    50 - 15/100 pulls
    80 - 8-16(12)/100 pulls

Avg of about 1.5 shards per 10 pulls.

Avg of about 10k ally points per day(anecdotal, unconfirmed)

Translates to 40 pulls/day> 6 full character shards per day on average.

These are rough estimates based off of the 2681 pulls from this reddit post:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/6ic9mn/bronzium_pack_science/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

No idea if bronzium drops have been changed since then or not, but this seems to align with my experience.

6 shards or 90SSC isn't much if I'm honest, but pre-change it does equates to 6 stun guns every two days, not two per month. (Assuming they show up often enough lol)

So losing half that, i.e. 90 stun guns/ month is actually huge, though it is in fact a small percentage of SSC(like 10% ish, though it could be much higher depending on your shard farms.)

Nearly two full stun guns per month loss. I will say that there is a ton of room for error here, but whenever possible I went conservative, so losses could, and likely are, larger for many folk, but still a lowish percentage of SSC and gear farms

I'll let y'all draw your own conclusions

• Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    No change, no fix. I just don’t want this to die, but it certainly feels over to me. Many changes could work:

1. Double full character drops from Bronziums.
    2. Adjust shard shop prices to account for this resulting 10-15% decrease in shard shop gear from the Bronzium nerf.
    3. Reward 1 full character Bronzium daily. 10, 25, 50, or 80 shards a day will not destroy the game.
    4. Reward more shards from other events (GW, Assault Battles, Galactic challenges, Ally token shipments, etc.)
    5. Double ally tokens.
    6. Cut cost of Bronziums in half.
    I’m sure there are many other proposed fixes that would work as well.

No change doesn’t necessarily mean it was an intentional nerf, but either they DO care and are INCOMPETENT or they simply DO NOT care about the nerf at all. BTW it could still have been an intentional nerf.

Lastly, I am happy to help new players and am glad CG is taking steps to secure a brighter future for the game, but not by hurting the huge existing player base (evidenced by the huge number of Division 1 players). Please DO something. It is past time.

Or, as they have stated they will likely be looking at the gear economy too, and this change will be balanced out when they do that. Since they dont like to commit to things that are not "ready" they cannot come out and directly say that.....

Also lets keep in perspective that actual size of the change, when saying they are "hurting players"

You are right they did say they were going to look at gear economy. Viewing their “timely” response to other issues we can expect that in 2022. Hyperbole potentially, but you get my point. It IS a nerf NOW.

I believe I said 10-15% gear from shard shop in the post you quoted. I don’t believe I have exaggerated the degree to which they have hurt our gear farming. I believe the word “hurt” is appropriate as the gear crunch was always harder than the shard crunch.

Again, helping new players is great.

Yep, and look at how long that 15% takes to add up to 1 piece of gear. It being a nerf now, and taking 6-9 months to fix, adds up to maybe a couple of full pieces of gear.

I believe you are undercutting the issue.

Its math. 15% of daily shard shop currency is not a huge amount. What you buy there are pieces some that need 20-50 to make part of a piece of a piece of gear.

I have not run the actual numbers so I left my comment vague to say a couple of pieces, but if someone ran the math even for 1 year, I would think its closer to 2 than 10. I think a couple is fitting, maybe a few.

Happy to meet you at 6, a full gear tier. Could have another relic in the roster. It matters.

You would have to show your math on that one. I would love to see you close out g13 on 1 toon only from bronzium and the shard shop. That is a stretch.

I use SSC for 90% of my G13 gear and it goes decently fast for me. Only exceptions are when they need G12+ stuff as well, which I'll get from wherever. So SSC isn't insignificant, and conservative math puts us losing 90 salvage per month, see above. Do t want to ruffle feathers, just tryna point out that this is in fact a pretty savage nerf, even if it is a smaller percentage.
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    I just saw an elder bundle in the store. As the number of shards is still the same in these bundles and the prices are still the same, they got less valuable. Or are these packs are now bundled in another way (e.g. with more gear). Did I miss some information about that topic?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    nurm wrote: »
    I just saw an elder bundle in the store. As the number of shards is still the same in these bundles and the prices are still the same, they got less valuable. Or are these packs are now bundled in another way (e.g. with more gear). Did I miss some information about that topic?

@nurm you didnt miss anything, at this time packs have taken a slight hit on value. As most packs contain shards and gear, I imagine that this will all be addressed after they make decisions(and possible changes) to all segments of the economy.
  • the last thing (on Nov19th) posted by CG Crumb was:

First up is Bronzium packs, these originally were not going to be changed due a technical issue but seeing how important this was to you, the team dedicated some extra time to this and was able to find the issues that were preventing us from updating Bronzium Packs. Character shards dropped from Bronzium Packs will be doubled with the Anniversary Update. (This does not affect full character drops from Bronzium packs)

There's no indication in that statement that they're continuing to look into the full drops at all. I believe CG DogaFett said he'd take the full drop concerns to the devs on Nov 17th, but that was before Crumb's post. Do we have any indications from the devs that they're looking into the full drop shard changes at this point or are they done making changes?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    the last thing (on Nov19th) posted by CG Crumb was:

First up is Bronzium packs, these originally were not going to be changed due a technical issue but seeing how important this was to you, the team dedicated some extra time to this and was able to find the issues that were preventing us from updating Bronzium Packs. Character shards dropped from Bronzium Packs will be doubled with the Anniversary Update. (This does not affect full character drops from Bronzium packs)

There's no indication in that statement that they're continuing to look into the full drops at all. I believe CG DogaFett said he'd take the full drop concerns to the devs on Nov 17th, but that was before Crumb's post. Do we have any indications from the devs that they're looking into the full drop shard changes at this point or are they done making changes?

They are looking at things, is the last message I got from Doja, but obviously this doesn't guarantee anything.

They are looking at things, is the last message I got from Doja, but obviously this doesn't guarantee anything.

It would be nice to get an official statement from CG. It's been several weeks. I assume everyone is back from Thanksgiving by now.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

It would be nice to get an official statement from CG. It's been several weeks. I assume everyone is back from Thanksgiving by now.

I am just waiting for him to get "into the office" before I ping him for exactly that. but that doesn't guarantee anything.

I am just waiting for him to get "into the office" before I ping him for exactly that. but that doesn't guarantee anything.

Hopefully we can get an answer then. I think the lack of an answer is worse at this point. If they aren't fixing the bronizum nerf, just say so.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Hopefully we can get an answer then. I think the lack of an answer is worse at this point. If they aren't fixing the bronizum nerf, just say so.

"at this point".....

unfortunately, I am sorry to say, he will not be meeting your arbitrary deadline.

may I ask why now is the time when they have to say something? Can't they be waiting to get a little more information on their end to see if they can get a fix in?

"at this point".....

unfortunately, I am sorry to say, he will not be meeting your arbitrary deadline.

may I ask why now is the time when they have to say something? Can't they be waiting to get a little more information on their end to see if they can get a fix in?

It isn't an arbitrary deadline. But I actually do have patience and even advocate for it in the forums when people expect an immediate answer to an issue. But when weeks or months pass and the dev's refuse to tell us one way or the other what they plan to do (if anything) about the bronizum nerf or the concerns people have with see, it is worse than just saying "we looked at th ef issue and won't be making changes".

It doesn't take a month to make a decision on whether they intend to fix the bronizum nerf or not. Making the decision doesn't even take a week. Implementing it may take until the next update but they can communicate their intentions before that.

"at this point".....

Did they tell you they were waiting to get a little more information on their end to see if they can get a fix in?

"at this point".....

Because we've all seen how much CG delays fixing things in this game? Look at the Unending Loyalty bug, still here more than a year later. The Fives bug took a year to fix. The IG-88 TB quest bug was in the game for years. Turn meter bars are still disappearing even though the dev tracker has said the fix is ready for release for weeks. And I'm sure there's more examples that I can come up with, that's just off the top of my head.

Don't get me wrong, I think this game is slowly trending in the right direction. I'm hopeful that things are getting better. But people keep asking for an official statement because there are literally years of precedent that tell us that CG will take forever to provide a fix (if they even decide to do so). And the only thing that we can do is keep asking and asking on the forums because there's literally nothing else we can do about the situation.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

"at this point".....

It isn't an arbitrary deadline. But I actually do have patience and even advocate for it in the forums when people expect an immediate answer to an issue. But when weeks or months pass and the dev's refuse to tell us one way or the other what they plan to do (if anything) about the bronizum nerf or the concerns people have with see, it is worse than just saying "we looked at th ef issue and won't be making changes".

It doesn't take a month to make a decision on whether they intend to fix the bronizum nerf or not. Making the decision doesn't even take a week. Implementing it may take until the next update but they can communicate their intentions before that.

How do you know it doesnt take a month?

How is that not arbitrary? Do you have knowledge of this issue that let's you know a month or any time is the correct amount?

What if it's more than a decision and part of looking into it involves examining actual code and solution to see if they could work both code wise and any implication they might put out into the economy?

I get that you want them to answer, as do I, but without knowledge or information from them, isnt this an arbitrary deadline?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

"at this point".....

Because we've all seen how much CG delays fixing things in this game? Look at the Unending Loyalty bug, still here more than a year later. The Fives bug took a year to fix. The IG-88 TB quest bug was in the game for years. Turn meter bars are still disappearing even though the dev tracker has said the fix is ready for release for weeks. And I'm sure there's more examples that I can come up with, that's just off the top of my head.

Don't get me wrong, I think this game is slowly trending in the right direction. I'm hopeful that things are getting better. But people keep asking for an official statement because there are literally years of precedent that tell us that CG will take forever to provide a fix (if they even decide to do so). And the only thing that we can do is keep asking and asking on the forums because there's literally nothing else we can do about the situation.

None of this makes that statement not an arbitrary timeline.

Wanting answers doesn't mean that when you want them is the "last chance " for an answer to be given.
  • FerociousPanda
    419 posts Member
    edited December 2020

"at this point".....

Wanting answers doesn't mean that when you want them is the "last chance " for an answer to be given.

I don't remember saying that this was a "last chance" for an answer, but go ahead and beat that strawman.

"at this point".....

You mean like the information they got that SEE sucks? That JML's ult is lackluster? That the unending loyalty immortality or the missing buttons are still a thing? That GAC div 1 is still having a range of over 4.5m GP (4.5 - 9+) and the leaderboard is dominated by MM exploiters?

I think people are just sick of CG "getting a little more information" on stuff that's been out in the wild/known for so long, sometimes for more than a year.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

"at this point".....

I don't remember saying that this was a "last chance" for an answer, but go ahead and beat that strawman.

That would be the arbitrary deadline I was discussing in the post you quoted.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Legend91 wrote: »

"at this point".....

You mean like the information they got that SEE sucks? That JML's ult is lackluster? That the unending loyalty immortality or the missing buttons are still a thing? That GAC div 1 is still having a range of over 4.5m GP (4.5 - 9+) and the leaderboard is dominated by MM exploiters?

I think people are just sick of CG "getting a little more information" on stuff that's been out in the wild/known for so long, sometimes for more than a year.

That's understandable, but what makes yesterday the day for them to "just say so" and they cant possibly be working on it or still looking into things???
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    "getting a little more information"

The new "soon".
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.

"at this point".....

How is that not arbitrary? Do you have knowledge of this issue that let's you know a month or any time is the correct amount?

What if it's more than a decision and part of looking into it involves examining actual code and solution to see if they could work both code wise and any implication they might put out into the economy?

I get that you want them to answer, as do I, but without knowledge or information from them, isnt this an arbitrary deadline?

I think a month is more than enough time to get a "yes this will be fixed" or a "no this will not be fixed any time soon" answer.

Call it arbitrary if you want. I like that doja has at least started responding to new issues quickly with the we're looking into it.

But if all they do is respond with "we're looking into it" and we don't hear anything for months, it is little better than them just ignoring us in the first place.

If not a month than how long should we have to wait for an answer. It's been over two months on the See needs a buff thread. Or is expecting something other than "we're looking into it" on that too arbitrary too.

I think that we need to get some kind of timely response on many issues other than "we're looking into it". Without some kind of arbitrary deadline, then CG just ignores the issue altogether. So I just say it. Yes, they should have an arbitrary deadline as to when they give us something on issues like this. Otherwise they will ignore it indefinitely.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

"at this point".....

I think a month is more than enough time to get a "yes this will be fixed" or a "no this will not be fixed any time soon" answer.

Call it arbitrary if you want. I like that doja has at least started responding to new issues quickly with the we're looking into it.

But if all they do is respond with "we're looking into it" and we don't hear anything for months, it is little better than them just ignoring us in the first place.

If not a month than how long should we have to wait for an answer. It's been over two months on the See needs a buff thread. Or is expecting something other than "we're looking into it" on that too arbitrary too.

I think that we need to get some kind of timely response on many issues other than "we're looking into it". Without some kind of arbitrary deadline, then CG just ignores the issue altogether. So I just say it. Yes, they should have an arbitrary deadline as to when they give us something on issues like this. Otherwise they will ignore it indefinitely.

yes it is arbitrary, a month is a timeline you pick without any knowledge of what is going on.

expecting something is not arbitrary, the lines of "at this point they should have X" or other deadlines that somehow "it has been enough time" are arbitrary, because they are not based on information. I'm not sure what he can say if they are looking into it, that is what is going on at this point and time..... as he has said, he will not comment in any way that can lead to being inaccurate or construed as a promise that may be "broken or missed"

That is one way to make a stand, but that doesn't seem like a likely one to help the situation, nor does it seem like something that will get you the information you want. I would suggest patience, but I'm sure you feel they have just used that up.

"at this point".....

yes it is arbitrary, a month is a timeline you pick without any knowledge of what is going on.

expecting something is not arbitrary, the lines of "at this point they should have X" or other deadlines that somehow "it has been enough time" are arbitrary, because they are not based on information. I'm not sure what he can say if they are looking into it, that is what is going on at this point and time..... as he has said, he will not comment in any way that can lead to being inaccurate or construed as a promise that may be "broken or missed"

That is one way to make a stand, but that doesn't seem like a likely one to help the situation, nor does it seem like something that will get you the information you want. I would suggest patience, but I'm sure you feel they have just used that up.

Do you know anything we don't? You are talking as if it's -under construction- without knowing that either. We also got anakin-ns solo as -being looked into- as official announcement how long ago?

"at this point".....

I am fully aware that you or doja can't do anything or say anything more at this point and I get that. But expecting us to have infinite patience is also ridiculous.

If for some reason they think that one month is too short on this particular issue, they could respond and say "we're working on it and we think we'll have a decision in x amount of time".

I'm ok with them setting a deadline for themselves depending on the issue. But when weeks amor months go by and we don't even get that, it's just poor communication.

And I understand that there is likely little you or doja can do about that. I have had bosses that did things I didn't always agree with as well. But I can at least provide my feedback that as a player, it seems like we should be getting a little more information by this point.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to argue that we shouldn't expect answers in a timely manner.