Please update JML Lead. Really frustrating to fight against JKR Lead.

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    dgree wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    JKR is back at the top of the meta report, the most used lead in arena.

I do find it sad that, to use JML optimally, you don’t need his lead zeta and you don’t need his ultimate ability - because it will NEVER trigger.

Something went wrong with the design here, it needs fixing.
    Yep, the idea seems to be to force JML into the leader slot to prevent a lead from JKR from making the squad too strong, but then ultimate charge is too slow and it's not even worth it (plus other issues like vulnerability to DR counter).

At least JML doesn't need to use his ultimate to be good (SEE), and there's the "jericho" setup, but especially when the theme behind JML's kit (and as a GL) is a transforming ultimate, it feels weird that this is how he he's generally used in practice. I have 4 JMLs in my shard and none use JML lead.

People running JML lead in arena usually do it because they’ve just unlocked the ultimate ability and want to try it out.

Then they realise they drop like a stone, and switch to JKR lead.

Or not.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I'm good with people using either. My See can beat either lead quite easily even the wat combos now that he is reliced. No ultimate yet but it really doesn't seem to be needed too badly.

Right now Rey teams are an easy win with vader.

Jml teams are an easy win with see.

Kylo is easy enough with thrawn lead for non full fo and easy enough to go around if they are ones that may prove difficult.

I haven't tried mirror matches yet with see. There aren't many of them yet and it is far easier to prey on the jml or Rey teams.

• I'm good with people using either. My See can beat either lead quite easily even the wat combos now that he is reliced. No ultimate yet but it really doesn't seem to be needed too badly.

Right now Rey teams are an easy win with vader.

Jml teams are an easy win with see.

Kylo is easy enough with thrawn lead for non full fo and easy enough to go around if they are ones that may prove difficult.

I haven't tried mirror matches yet with see. There aren't many of them yet and it is far easier to prey on the jml or Rey teams.

Thanks for the irrelevant information to this thread
  • JML lead wins vs. JKR lead JML by opening with "They Grow Beyond" on opposing JML. The rub is in that on defense the AI does not know to do this and thus an attacking JKR lead wins every time.
    I wish they updated JML's AI to do that and also to always focus JKR. Otherwise it is just too easy for the human player to outplay the poor AI.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    For quite a while I defend this idea that JML's ultimate doens't charge as slow as some people claim it, based on my personal experience. I usually use ultimate around the same time opponent's Rey does.

However, I didn't zeta "Jedi Legacy" on purpose, so my Luke gains Jedi Lessons too, allowing me to charge the ultimate faster. Without that, I might have the same experience as others on this thread.

That is all.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    For quite a while I defend this idea that JML's ultimate doens't charge as slow as some people claim it, based on my personal experience. I usually use ultimate around the same time opponent's Rey does.

However, I didn't zeta "Jedi Legacy" on purpose, so my Luke gains Jedi Lessons too, allowing me to charge the ultimate faster. Without that, I might have the same experience as others on this thread.

That is all.

I did that zeta and still don't have any trouble charging the ult, nor winning if I don't. Ignoring taunt is great, especially against JKR lead teams so you can target JTR first with the first special as suggested above.

With that said I'm sure the AI has other ideas.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »

That is all.

I did that zeta and still don't have any trouble charging the ult, nor winning if I don't. Ignoring taunt is great, especially against JKR lead teams so you can target JTR first with the first special as suggested above.

With that said I'm sure the AI has other ideas.

Thanks for the input ! I may jump the gun if it becomes an issue later on then.

About targeting JKR first, I thought the suggestion was to use the special on JML first to win the Efflux race. That's what I'm using and it works; maybe it was by accident ^^
  • My 2 cents, my jml lead (ulti and no wat) team is doing really fine against jkr lead. Once I got the ulti ready it is a walk in the park. First to three first rounds can be scary but it always goes fine.

Maybe some have trouble with the modding of jml ? 🤔
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    The only real problem with the JML lead is pretty basic... All Galactic Legends increase your Mastery in their lead.

JML does not raise mastery. The mastery increase is tied to Jedi Lessons, which are preventable, dispellable, and I think stealable from GMY, no? (could be wrong on the steal-ability)

... and of course, JML's Ult is based on these preventable, dispellable buffs that ONLY AN ABILITY FROM HIS LEAD can give out.

So it's a litany of poor planning. They didn't make JML lead as good as JKR's or JKL's, imo, and that makes the Ult almost pointless.
    Post edited by YetiYeti on
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    The only real problem with the JML lead is pretty basic... All Galactic Legends increase your Mastery in their lead.

JML does not raise mastery. The mastery increase is tied to Jedi Lessons, which are preventable, dispellable, and I think stealable from GMY, no? (could be wrong on the steal-ability)

... and of course, JML's Ult is based on these preventable, dispellable buffs that ONLY AN ABILITY FROM HIS LEAD can give out.

So it's a litany of poor planning. They didn't make JML lead as good as JKR's or JKL's, imo, and that makes the Ult almost pointless.

I believe GMY can only steal non-unique buffs.
  • Konju wrote: »

I believe GMY can only steal non-unique buffs.

Roger that. I wasn't sure if Jedi lessons could be stolen from a Jedi.
  • Main problem of the kit is still that the Lead Ability is not immune to cooldown reduction.
    Also if you get ability blocks everywhere and cooldown increases, your team is literally dead.
    No way to cleanse the team or charge the ult. This is mostly the case if your JML is slower than the other one.

If an all Jedi team would get immune to ability blocks and cooldown increases (at least for the special lead ability from JML) it would be way better than now and would prevent using JKR or other leads with JML.
    It'll also make sense to use a full Jedi team instead of a mixed one with Wat.

Just think about it. What do you gonna do if your complete team is under ability block and can't use abilities due to cooldown increases? Can't cleanse and can't charge ult -> "useless" GL.
  • Its just doesnt make sense.

You get JML, the supposed ULTIMATE jedi. Now, JKR lead is BETTER because it gives tenacity UP, so if you have better mods your AI will use EFFLUX that will be resisted.

No problem you will say, just use JKR leadership... ok, so I spent 15k energy farming the ultimate to not be able to use it? AND HEAR ME OUT, you need to use TAMBOR because otherwise your ULTIMATE JEDI TANK (with only 60k prot and only 100k hp), WONT TANK.

It just doesnt make sense.

1. JKR tenacity up breaks JML leadership.
    2. If you accept that JML leadership is not worth and use JKR you need to use TAMBOR and accept that your ultimate wont EVER charge.
    3. JML ultimate is not charged passively (1st time ever)
    4. JML cant use his ultimate if he is not in the leader slot.
    5. The ultimate tank wont tank if he is not leader.
    6. JML ultimate cant be charged if you get ability block or cooldown increase. (which doesnt make sense).
    7.FACT: 15K energy wasted.

This is just another underwhelming toon.Not worth the effort, better go farm some jawas.
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    Its completely useless and needs to be looked at. How does one release a GL with this glaring of a flaw?

My only thought is that they knew tons of old time players had the toons already. So they gimped the GL since lots would have him quick.
  • I load JML Ultimate in about 1 to 1.5 min? Landing the infinite stomp for 99 lives on the stairs in Mario Brothers is more difficult.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • I load JML Ultimate in about 1 to 1.5 min? Landing the infinite stomp for 99 lives on the stairs in Mario Brothers is more difficult.

Being faster? Maybe. Are you also getting ulti out vs SEE?
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Yup. Just unlocked my ultimate and still using JKR lead in arena. Might try JML Luke lead in TW, TB, and GA but it could really use some tuning if it as a GL HARD FARMED lead is worse than a 2 year old legendary Jedi lead in Arena, most players' primary source of crystal income.
  • Same as snakeontheplane.

My JML lead crushes JKR lead. Just need to know how to mod and then how to play your team. It is just not an autowin.

I loose against SEE but I am fine with it, as he is specifically designed to destroy jml. I use my Rey against him. And SEE gets humiliated by SLKR.
  • Mirkraag wrote: »
    Same as snakeontheplane.

My JML lead crushes JKR lead. Just need to know how to mod and then how to play your team. It is just not an autowin.

I loose against SEE but I am fine with it, as he is specifically designed to destroy jml. I use my Rey against him. And SEE gets humiliated by SLKR.

Did you happen to win against a jkr lead that turns up that their jml is faster than yours?
    It can be a win or a painful loss
  • If your jml under his own lead is slower than the jml under jkr lead then you are not modding properly. Speed is the key. And mods farming is your best ally
  • pånøs
    152 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    If your jml under his own lead is slower than the jml under jkr lead then you are not modding properly. Speed is the key. And mods farming is your best ally
    Your 568 is slow-ish (assuming your swgoh name matches forum name). Are you telling me your shard has no faster than 568 (under his own lead)
  • Lol, slowish ^^
    Yeah some have faster jml but they also prefer jml lead by far. And i have no real trouble dealing against them. You just need to control the fight and not going like a truck or push auto button.

As long as you preserve your jkr from the other jkr focus, you win
  • pånøs
    152 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Slowish indeed. I see 575, 578.
    Also a Jml lead mirror with you slower will destroy you. Ability block, 25% tmr and on top GS's cd +1. Sorry i don't see how you claim you win.
    Hw do you preserve your jkr from other jkr focus? Pray to rngesus?
  • Well if yours is 463 I see why you get wrecked ^^ And jml speed is not the only factor involved for your whole team to work. It needs synergy and proper modding for each toons. Not r7 jml and autowin (boring if it was the case, and better play an idle game if you want that)

And no not rngesus, but game knowledge. You know target priority and stuff. And as I said I win against faster jml but it is just a longer fight. Oh and the "fast" jml prefers always jml lead (for a reason)
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    pånøs wrote: »
    Slowish indeed. I see 575, 578.
    Also a Jml lead mirror with you slower will destroy you. Ability block, 25% tmr and on top GS's cd +1. Sorry i don't see how you claim you win.
    Hw do you preserve your jkr from other jkr focus? Pray to rngesus?

MIne is 575, I can get up to 578 if I forego protection.

The fastest in the game currently is 580. 578 is very uncommon.
  • Not sure what swgoh you look at, mine is at 572-
    Funny you say game knowledge. How do you preserve jkr from focus? Again outspeed opponent JKR? That's knowledge until you get to one modded faster than you and actually marks your jkr.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited December 2020
  • Wasn't referring to you TVF, your comment probably came while was writing mine.
    I win also faster, as i wrote above: It can be a win or a painful loss. I don't see the 100% victory
  • My bad for looking at the wrong profile mate.

Well if you are that 100% convince that you cant do it just go jkr lead.

On my side, i succeed to have jkr focusing gas or jkl 99% of the time. And for me speed for yoda and jkr are as important as jml. And i can reach ultimate against jkr lead, not in 1 minute but once I reached it, I wrecked the opposite team.

Well that was my 2 cents.

Most important is to have fun and I hope you will have some with jml