Shard Economy Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• I'm satisfied that with bronizums dropping twice as often that this is as close to neutral to the gear economy as can be reasonably expected.

I'm still not sure why it took so long for them to make the decision or to let us know that they planned to fix it in some way but at least they finally did.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    It almost seems like vocalizing that we wanted answers may have expedited the answers.

Or maybe a coincidence.

That's good enough for me for now. I imagine the changes will be with the next update. If not then, not now, would be the time to start complaining.

That must be it. There is no way this could have been in the works for a week or two.

And no way knowing otherwise since you spent a day claiming arbitrariness and the thing happened while you were still at it.

this changes nothing about arbitrary timelines we were discussing. its still a bit of nonsense to try and impose those or claim them to not be arbitrary.

I mean you can call our timelines "arbitrary" (not that I would even classify them as timelines or deadlines, they're literally just us asking if there's any new updates), but what makes your idea of how long it should/should not take less arbitrary than ours?

If hypothetically, we didn't get this announcement today, how long would it have taken before you stopped jumping in with your complaints about how we're putting arbitrary expectations on the dev team every time someone asked for an update? Two months? Five? A year?
    It almost seems like vocalizing that we wanted answers may have expedited the answers.

Or maybe a coincidence.

That's good enough for me for now. I imagine the changes will be with the next update. If not then, not now, would be the time to start complaining.

That must be it. There is no way this could have been in the works for a week or two.

And no way knowing otherwise since you spent a day claiming arbitrariness and the thing happened while you were still at it.

this changes nothing about arbitrary timelines we were discussing. its still a bit of nonsense to try and impose those or claim them to not be arbitrary.

Yet you don't know if the change took place in reaction to community's response to op, or...do you?

I will say is that it didn't take place today due to any arbitrary timeline set by the player base.

Yes it was in response to the reaction of the original "fix". We worked quite a bit to collect up ideas for them to present and feedback about the "fix" so Doja would have the information he needed to make a case for further investigation into fixes.

Then think of it from the position of rest of us. We don't know what you -now- reveal and didn't do so anywhere else in the topic, we don't know if it will ever be changed or adamantly kept as is.

And can we take this as a confession you are not simply a forum moderator and we should be holding you up to everything you say around the forums having knowledge we don't? i.e. when you say -wait for something- can we see that as you signaling that something is coming whether positive or negative?

Or maybe a coincidence.

Yet you don't know if the change took place in reaction to community's response to op, or...do you?

I will say is that it didn't take place today due to any arbitrary timeline set by the player base.

Yes it was in response to the reaction of the original "fix". We worked quite a bit to collect up ideas for them to present and feedback about the "fix" so Doja would have the information he needed to make a case for further investigation into fixes.

Maybe not. But maybe we heard about it today rather than two weeks from now because of the "arbitrary deadline" or request for more information.

I don't have inside info so I'll probably never know.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett isn't it ample time for you to tell us how we should be regarding your teamwork with @Kyno and also take his word from a place of authority?
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I'm okay with the doubled drop rate. My big question is Doja safe? Is he alright?
  • Not to be pedantic - "will be" or "are"? (i.e. Is this live or wait for an update)?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • HK22 wrote: »
    I'm okay with the doubled drop rate. My big question is Doja safe? Is he alright?

It would seem in CG's anger, they killed him.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Or maybe a coincidence.

I mean you can call our timelines "arbitrary" (not that I would even classify them as timelines or deadlines, they're literally just us asking if there's any new updates), but what makes your idea of how long it should/should not take less arbitrary than ours?

If hypothetically, we didn't get this announcement today, how long would it have taken before you stopped jumping in with your complaints about how we're putting arbitrary expectations on the dev team every time someone asked for an update? Two months? Five? A year?

no, you can actually go back and read what I said, there is a difference between "checking in" or " asking for updates" and stuff like that vs claiming. "its been long enough" as if there is some information or knowledge that any process or project has had time to be completed.

There is an actual difference between those 2 scenarios. We could totally avoid one, and it would have no bearing on the other. That was my only point, we have no actual idea how long some of these processes or fixes take, so no real point in saying they have had more than enough time to do X.

Yes the longer it takes the more frustrations rise and I get that, but each process/issue is its own thing, so pointing at Y to say that X should be done by now or vise versa doesnt' really make sense, does it?
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett isn't it ample time for you to tell us how we should be regarding your teamwork with @Kyno and also take his word from a place of authority?

He's a forum mod, so yes he speaks from a place of authority. Both Doja and I work very closely with the moderators. Kyno works tirelessly to escalate important issues to our attention and relays updates when he can.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Or maybe a coincidence.

Maybe not. But maybe we heard about it today rather than two weeks from now because of the "arbitrary deadline" or request for more information.

I don't have inside info so I'll probably never know.

I can assure you it was going to happen this week even if you didn't post. a wampa shaped birdy told me so.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Not to be pedantic - "will be" or "are"? (i.e. Is this live or wait for an update)?

This will be live in an update next week.

Or maybe a coincidence.

no, you can actually go back and read what I said, there is a difference between "checking in" or " asking for updates" and stuff like that vs claiming. "its been long enough" as if there is some information or knowledge that any process or project has had time to be completed.

There is an actual difference between those 2 scenarios. We could totally avoid one, and it would have no bearing on the other. That was my only point, we have no actual idea how long some of these processes or fixes take, so no real point in saying they have had more than enough time to do X.

Yes the longer it takes the more frustrations rise and I get that, but each process/issue is its own thing, so pointing at Y to say that X should be done by now or vise versa doesnt' really make sense, does it?

It became a -we- that includes you all of a sudden? Then how do you know this change took place as a result of the communities response which you confirmed in the other post? Maybe they were planning it all along. How will we ever know one way or the other if you keep intervening in all topics?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett isn't it ample time for you to tell us how we should be regarding your teamwork with @Kyno and also take his word from a place of authority?

He's a forum mod, so yes he speaks from a place of authority. Both Doja and I work very closely with the moderators. Kyno works tirelessly to escalate important issues to our attention and relays updates when he can.

Ok, but he also makes claims about various issues with some information about them without acknowledging if that is his opinion or he knows more about what's going on. So do we take all his statements as some sort of official response, where do we draw the line?
  • ObiThrawnKenobi
    8 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Are we just going to ignore the fact that Doja accidentally leaked "nothing"?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Not to be pedantic - "will be" or "are"? (i.e. Is this live or wait for an update)?

This will be live in an update next week.

As someone who typically eviscerates CG for the lack of timely communication, I have to admit, this "new leaf" y'all have turned over is quite pleasant. Good work on all fronts. Kudos to you, Kyno and Doja.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Ok, but he also makes claims about various issues with some information about them without acknowledging if that is his opinion or he knows more about what's going on. So do we take all his statements as some sort of official response, where do we draw the line?

Crumb doesn't solve puzzles... that's our job
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Are we just going to ignore the fact that Doja accidentally leaked ---?

This Reply will be Probably removed

It's already been censored

Or maybe a coincidence.

Claiming it's been long enough is an opinion. I'm not a mod so my statements are clearly my opinion. It happened that I was right on this one. If a fix was coming anyway then it was time for them to communicate it.

It's easy to say "be patient " when you know as fix is coming. But we aren't privy to that information so it is a little more difficult for us to be patient.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CG_Doja_Fett isn't it ample time for you to tell us how we should be regarding your teamwork with Kyno and also take his word from a place of authority?

n5btjq8lq7s8.png

Please feel free to draw the line where every you feel comfortable. Take it all with a grain of salt, I'm just trying to help these guys out. I hope you can understand.

(I love using StarTrek memes here)
  • Really appreciate the extra effort you guys put in to make sure no one gets screwed over by the shard economy changes! It really shows that Capital Games wants to get back together with the community! Continue on this course CG!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Or maybe a coincidence.

Claiming it's been long enough is an opinion. I'm not a mod so my statements are clearly my opinion. It happened that I was right on this one. If a fix was coming anyway then it was time for them to communicate it.

It's easy to say "be patient " when you know as fix is coming. But we aren't privy to that information so it is a little more difficult for us to be patient.

I didn't know it was coming, I knew it was being looked at, and I knew what information was passed to them. I am patient, I play the long game.

I also dont think being impatient and stating "it has been long enough" (type responses) are the same thing.

anyway, I'm glad this worked out. Hope we can all have a wonderful day thinking about what the future will bring us....
  • ObiThrawnKenobi
    8 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Esharan wrote: »
    CG_Doja_Fett isn't it ample time for you to tell us how we should be regarding your teamwork with Kyno and also take his word from a place of authority?

Okay so since doja Just leaked that we're getting "something" next week...Can you just go ahead and confirm it and get that news out to us officially.. also please don't get mad at doja We love him

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2201164#Comment_2201164

This is going to get censored
    Post edited by Kyno on

n5btjq8lq7s8.png

Please feel free to draw the line where every you feel comfortable. Take it all with a grain of salt, I'm just trying to help these guys out. I hope you can understand.

(I love using StarTrek memes here)

Ok, one last word; just be clear which of your hats you are wearing when making a statement which can especially be taken in more than one way.
  • Please don't get mad a Doja for the leak.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    What?!? [redacted]?!

I am so happy. This better not be a joke!!!

Or maybe a coincidence.

I didn't know it was coming, I knew it was being looked at, and I knew what information was passed to them. I am patient, I play the long game.

I also dont think being impatient and stating "it has been long enough" (type responses) are the same thing.

anyway, I'm glad this worked out. Hope we can all have a wonderful day thinking about what the future will bring us....

Ok so how should I express impatience?
    Saying it's been long enough that we should have an answer does that. I could put "in my opinion" in front of it but that hardly seems necessary since it is clearly my opinion whether I state it or not.