Solicitation for Topics of Interest

Replies

• UrbanNomad wrote: »
    4. Have y'all ever thought about letting ships go naked? For instance - if I'm looking to clean up a fleet - but don't have a capital ship to use/want to use - just letting me take however many ships in? Could be a really fun mechanic to play around with - heck, you could have a "leader" ship that isn't a capital ship.

We have 4 bounty hunter ships (6 scoundrel ships) and no capital ship for them. That being said, does it make sense to have a capital ship their kind of scum? Your idea of a "leader" ship sorta fits in line.

Every single bounty hunter in this game has a leader ability. Imagine this, what if every bounty hunter ship ALSO had a leader ability. This way, you would not need to have a capital ship. You pick one as the leader, it functions as the capital ship (with some unique abilities) and you then pick three other ships for the rest of the fleet. I'm sure there are a bunch of pros and cons to this idea, issues that I have not thought of, but I do like your idea overall.

That’s almost exactly what I want!

Like rogue squadron (which, yes, I get it, not cannon- whatever) didn’t have a capital ship. They had Wedge. Something like being able to deploy him with a **** ackbar fleet or being able to deploy him in lieu of home one. He starts off with 4 or 5 ships (OG fleet days anyone?) as opposed to 3 but can call a reinforcement once one of them goes to the Death Star in the sky... or the ground. You get what I’m saying.

Being able to call a mass swarm assist or a crazy amount of speed. Something like that would make you say “well, I’m not getting this and this out of a capital ship- but I am getting this” and being able to curate for specific situations would be a heck of a boon to fleets. Having a similar get up for bounty hunters and being able to switch between boba and Jango for Slave one would be interesting. Two different kits for the same ship depending on who was piloting... I was actually thinking about razorcrest as a lead for the BH fleet.

I’m full of stupid ideas CG, let me know if you want to waste an intern’s time on any of them!
  • @CG_Doja_Fett as a player of SWGOH for several years now, first I would like to thank you for your exceptional communication & you’re energy into our community. But to answer your question..

The best Galactic Challenges were the ones that don’t seem too forced. 30 stuns, damage over times, random buffs and any kind of random buff/de buffs thrown in Galactic Challenges are not my favorite. Since we don’t have a playground mode, giving us GC’s that are closest to actual fights in Grand Arena are the best.

So basically:

Pros: Synergies among enemies, allowing us to use characters that aren’t required for the GC’s, and length of GC’s.

Cons: Random debuts/buffs, some challenges in GC are obscure, and requiring certain teams can get old (especially for mid tier to early game players).

Last Note: PLEASE ADD NEW SKINS I BEG YOU. LET US BUY THEM IN THE GET STORE OR SOMEWHERE I BEG YOU DOJA.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    AyyJake wrote: »

Last Note: PLEASE ADD NEW SKINS I BEG YOU. LET US BUY THEM IN THE GET STORE OR SOMEWHERE I BEG YOU DOJA.

@AyyJake in a QA, they have answered this, and they have no plans to add skins. There is concerned about not knowing who you are facing, since we also have multiples of the same toon, they will likely just stick with that plan, and add another toon if they want to represent a character in a different point in time.
  • Where’s the new raid? Bombarded with new characters and a lot of empty promises. Glad to have a good community rep but the Top still is depleting it’s members
  • Any chance we could get a inventory for currently held gear? Currently to plan ahead and stockpile gear for a character you need to go online, look up gear needed for specific level to find items needed. That’s ok. But then to find out if you have the item you need to find another character that not only needs that item but also that you have at the right level just to see if you have that item. For g11 and g12 that can mean searching 1-2 dozen times for the right other character.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett any update about answering any of these questions? What type of format will the answers be in? What's the time line for answers?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CG_Doja_Fett any update about answering any of these questions? What type of format will the answers be in? What's the time line for answers?

@Fingolfin26 I dont believe the intention here was meant to be any style of QA, just more a collection of ideas that he can bring up as time passes and get answers for and discuss.
    This:
    What I'm asking for are any topics of interest that need more explanation (such as a dev breakdown on certain game mechanics -- similar to the Scrybe video breakdown), might be fun to talk about ( for example, some of your favorite Galactic Challenges and what made them enjoyable), or a behind the scenes look at older features/content (I plan on one day telling the story about staying at the studio until 4am to work on the STR mere days before its release).

and this:
    While this seems like the perfect opportunity for trolls to really let it fly on this thread (it's the internet, I get it), let me be more specific by adding the caveat that I am not asking for a list of currently-known, hot-button issues. I am very familiar with the sentiment surrounding those issues, and have done my part to communicate your feelings.
  • Thanks @Kyno do we know when answers might come? I know he has to seek answers and also likely get permission to provide insight into some areas, so it's obviously a process.

Or are there not currently any questions he's willing/ able to answer?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Thanks Kyno do we know when answers might come? I know he has to seek answers and also likely get permission to provide insight into some areas, so it's obviously a process.

Again, I dont see this as he is going to make a post or come back here and directly address all of the questions. I saw this more as he was looking for some general or off hand questions/topics that will get answered over time, not a direct QA style you are looking for.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Thanks Kyno do we know when answers might come? I know he has to seek answers and also likely get permission to provide insight into some areas, so it's obviously a process.

Again, I dont see this as he is going to make a post or come back here and directly address all of the questions. I saw this more as he was looking for some general or off hand questions/topics that will get answered over time, not a direct QA style you are looking for.

I think the crucial question is roughly how long the time will be. It's obviously not near-instant like during Q&A, but will it end up a joke like the officer tool thread? Or can we expect some answers in regular posts like SOTG? Or will there be extra posts covering it?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »

I think the crucial question is roughly how long the time will be. It's obviously not near-instant like during Q&A, but will it end up a joke like the officer tool thread? Or can we expect some answers in regular posts like SOTG? Or will there be extra posts covering it?

I would expect, but I have not spoken to him directly about this, that they would happen a little more organically, not a huge post answering things brought up here. i'm not sure where they will end up. I wouldn't suggest taking this as seriously as the officers post, as in there is no promise to truly address "everything" here, and by all means make jokes about whatever you want.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

I would expect, but I have not spoken to him directly about this, that they would happen a little more organically, not a huge post answering things brought up here. i'm not sure where they will end up. I wouldn't suggest taking this as seriously as the officers post, as in there is no promise to truly address "everything" here, and by all means make jokes about whatever you want.

I'm not taking the officer thread seriously at all, not anymore, so I guess I won't take your suggestion. And yeah, I don't expect everything here to be answered, but it would be nice to know when we can see some effect of this thread.
    And while we are discussing the specifics of this thread, is it supposed to replace Q&As or are the two independent?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I'm not taking the officer thread seriously at all, not anymore, so I guess I won't take your suggestion. And yeah, I don't expect everything here to be answered, but it would be nice to know when we can see some effect of this thread.
    And while we are discussing the specifics of this thread, is it supposed to replace Q&As or are the two independent?

I'm pretty sure he made that clear in his opening, that this was not meant to be anything as detailed and directed as the QA.

"effect of this thread", seems more direct that this is going to be something that is a "serious discussion", as I have suggested, I feel this will be more off hand and when there is time or "space" in a post to slip something in, he will come back to a list generated from this post (thats what i mean when I say more organically), nothing too much more intensive than that. I could be wrong, but trying to manage expectations a little, since there seemed to be some pressure to "get this done", and I dont think that was the point of this thread.
  • I’m curious to know why we can’t save pre-configured fleets like we can with regular squads?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I’m curious to know why we can’t save pre-configured fleets like we can with regular squads?

We threw this on his list the first week he started, I should check to see where that ended up.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Yes, I understand, my question is what the "over time" looks like. I understand doja is busy, but if we he doesn't have time to interact/ answer these questions then it'd be nice to know. The implication was these would be directly answered in some way
  • Kyno wrote: »

I'm pretty sure he made that clear in his opening, that this was not meant to be anything as detailed and directed as the QA.

"effect of this thread", seems more direct that this is going to be something that is a "serious discussion", as I have suggested, I feel this will be more off hand and when there is time or "space" in a post to slip something in, he will come back to a list generated from this post (thats what i mean when I say more organically), nothing too much more intensive than that. I could be wrong, but trying to manage expectations a little, since there seemed to be some pressure to "get this done", and I dont think that was the point of this thread.

He might be preparing for a long string of Monday Morsels?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Yes, I understand, my question is what the "over time" looks like. I understand doja is busy, but if we he doesn't have time to interact/ answer these questions then it'd be nice to know. The implication was these would be directly answered in some way

That was my point, I dont think this was ever meant to be a direct back and forth in this thread to answer the questions, in that style.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

He might be preparing for a long string of Monday Morsels?

This is what I was thinking when he opened this up, or at least something like this and others sprinkled into other posts, as things progress.
  • Fingolfin26
    270 posts Member
    edited December 2020

That was my point, I dont think this was ever meant to be a direct back and forth in this thread to answer the questions, in that style.

I agree, that wasn't my impression either, but to my knowledge he hasn't been answering them elsewhere. Thus my question of when he might turn to answering a few of the questions in here?
  • CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
    520 posts EA Community Manager
    edited December 2020
    Kyno is correct in that I'm using this thread to field ideas and gauge interest in issues/topics/questions the community is most interested.

I can't provide a timeline for when they'll get answered. As far as format of answering them, I'd likely make a new post addressing one of the topics or (my original and still current intent) is to use your replies as "well-of-suggestions" for a future means of community engagement that I've been working on.

This one will be a slow burn. But, for what it's worth I really appreciate the responses.
  • Anakin_Earthrunner
    62 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    For what it's worth, I really appreciate you reaching out to us. You're doing a great job. Keep it up :smile:

• Anakin_Earthrunner
    62 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    You too Kyno :)

• vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    This is my idea :

In our profiles, we could have an additional statistic “light or dark side orientation”.
    For example if a user has a total of 15 Dark side G13 toons and 5 light side G13 toons, the statistic would say 75% dark side

And in that example of a dark side user, the profile portrait would be surrounded by red.
    For a light side user it would be surrounded by blue
  • I like it.

For new players it could use whichever is the highest gear tier they've achieved so far. If you only have g6 on your best toon because you're level 50-something, then it counts g6 toons (and ignores partial progress toward g7). Once you hit relic though, it just counts relics and ignores how many relic tiers have been added. You're either relic or you're not for this calculation.

The alternative, of course, is to base it off GP. If you have more GP in LS ships & toons, you get the blue outline, and vice-versa.

• This came up in light of the new relic 8 reward structure in Pit Challenge.

Who decides the reward structure and design for events, and what does that process look like?

I posted this elsewhere, so I'm just going to summarize here rather than cross-post: if you want to encourage guild cooperation then you should make it naturally easier for people to work together rather than more difficult, meaning you should reward cooperation (like you do in TB and TW) and punish the opposite (also like you do in TB and TW). Otherwise what's the point of being in a guild, you might as well just make raids open to everyone (which is not necessarily a bad idea either). Did the devs ever consider this? If yes, then why did they dismiss it? If no, then why not?
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    I would be interested to know if CG understands what "a flatter reward structure" actually means, and why you insist on punishing guilds with raid rewards structured as they are? With the release of the Pit CT there is yet another raid in which if you don't get top 10 you are going to fall behind very quickly.
  • @StarSon
    With the release of the Pit CT there is yet another raid in which if you don't get top 10 you are going to fall behind very quickly.

Do we actually know this yet? Where was the reward structure released?
  • when will the jkl event be ? We waiting over 90 days!? We are also waiting for information about the mando drop from the cantina
This discussion has been closed.