The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Prev13456799
crzydroid
7254 posts Moderator
edited December 2020
DEV POST
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
Hi Holotable Heroes,

Today we are launching a new piece of content for high level guilds who have mastered the other raids, The Pit Challenge Tier!

The Pit: Challenge Tier

The Challenge Tier for The Pit raid requires a high level Guild to work closely together in order to complete. While the rewards will help you power up your squads even further, the event is intended to challenge a guild as whole. As a result, it will be very difficult for a player or even a handful of guildmates to complete. Similar to Heroic Raids, Guilds will have 48 hours to complete this event. Since the Challenge Tier is designed to require cooperation, we have opted for a flatter prizing structure to reduce some of the friction in-guild while still acknowledging degrees of participation and success. In short, every player who participates will earn the new Level 8 Relic Amplifier material, Aeromagnifiers.
zq2l9qm3aoov.png

The event is available to all Guilds right away but only Relic 5 characters and up are allowed to participate. The Challenge tier uses a new type of ticket and is a completely separate event in the Guilds tab. Which means Guilds will be able to participate in the Challenge Tier while simming the regular The Pit like before.

Launch Cost: 180,000 Tickets
Note: Ticket cap for The Pit (Challenge) tickets is 210,000 Tickets. Guilds will receive an initial credit of 210,000 tickets when their Guild Leader logs in for the first time.

Below, we’ve highlighted in blue all the mechanical changes compared to the original raid.

CHANGES IN BLUE

Phase I Changes
Gamorrean Captain
Basic - Mighty Thrust
Description: Deal Physical damage to target enemy, plus bonus damage equal to 30% of their Max Health, and damage another random enemy.If the target had 25% Health or more, also call an ally to Assist. This attack can't be evaded or countered.
Special 1 - Rally the Guards
Description: Call all Gamorrean allies to Assist, then summon up to two Gamorrean allies to the battle.
Special 2 - Bestial Roar
Description: All allies gain 50% Turn Meter and Offense Up for 3 turns, and other allies recover 50% of their Max Health.
Special 3 - Kill Order
Description: Inflict Deathmark and Healing Immunity on target enemy for 5 turns. This ability can't be Resisted or Evaded.
(Deathmarked targets must be attacked if able, and whenever they are damaged by an attack, they take bonus damage equal to 50% of their Max Health. If the target is defeated while still Deathmarked, they can't be Revived.)
Unique 1 - Pit Fighter II
Description: This unit has +50% Tenacity while it isn't Toppled and is immune to Turn Meter Reduction effects.
For every 20% of its Health lost, this unit gains 75% Offense and Speed (stacking).
At the start of each of its turns, this unit gains 50 Armor Penetration and 10% Critical Chance, Critical Damage, and Potency (stacking) and all enemies both active and defeated lose 5% Offense, Tenacity, and Mastery (stacking) until end of encounter, tripled for Galactic Legends.

Unique 2 - Fearsome Foe IV
Description: As long as this unit isn't Toppled, it has +75% Tenacity, gains 15% Turn Meter whenever it takes damage, and uses 3 abilities per turn. It takes reduced damage from percent Health damage effects and massive damage effects, and takes massive damage from destroy effects. Its Turn Meter gain can't be prevented, and it is immune to Ability Block, Daze, Fear, Health Down, Shock, Stagger, and Stun, as well as cooldown increase. Enemies can't recover Health with Health Steal, recover Protection, or gain bonus Turn Meter.
Fearsome Foe begins a countdown when the encounter begins. When it completes, all enemies will become Enraged until the end of the encounter.
Gamorrean Brute
Basic - Heavy Chop
Description: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Healing Immunity for 2 turns. This attack will critically hit if able.
Special 1 - Head Splitter
Description: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Buff Immunity, Ability Block, and Speed Down for 2 turns.
Special 2 - Impede
Description: Gamorrean Brute Taunts, gains Defense Up and Critical Hit Immunity for 3 turns, and gains 70% Turn Meter.
Gamorrean Guard
Basic - Hack and Slash
Description: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict five Damage Over Time effects on them for 3 turns.
Special 1 - Muscle In
Description: Gamorrean Guard Taunts and gains Retribution for 2 turns.
Special 2 - Punch Through
Description: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Expose them for 2 turns.

Phase II Changes
Rancor
Basic - Crushing Claw
Description: Inflict Healing Immunity for 2 turns to the target and another random enemy, then deal Physical damage to them. Then dispel their buffs and reduce their Max Protection by 50% (stacking). This ability can't be countered.
Special 1 - Rancor Slam
Description: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Health Down for 2 turns. Then, Devour's cooldown is reduced by 1 for each enemy that is below 60% Health.
Special 2 - Bellow
Description: The Rancor roars, Dispelling all positive status effects from all enemies, and removing 75% Turn Meter from each enemy that did not have a positive status effect. Inflict Daze on all enemies for 2 turns.
Special 3 - Devour
Description: Instantly defeat target enemy. This ability can't be Evaded, and the defeated target can't be Revived. This ability is on cooldown when the phase begins.
Unique 1 - Monstrous Endurance
Description: The Rancor has +125% Armor as long as it isn't suffering any negative status effects.
Unique 2 - Pit Fighter II
Description: This unit has +50% Tenacity while it isn't Toppled and is immune to Turn Meter Reduction effects.
For every 20% of its Health lost, this unit gains 75% Offense and Speed (stacking).
At the start of each of its turns, this unit gains 50 Armor Penetration and 10% Critical Chance, Critical Damage, and Potency (stacking) and all enemies both active and defeated lose 5% Offense, Tenacity, and Mastery (stacking) until end of encounter, tripled for Galactic Legends.

Description: As long as this unit isn't Toppled, it has +75% Tenacity, gains 15% Turn Meter whenever it takes damage, and uses 3 abilities per turn. It takes reduced damage from percent Health damage effects and massive damage effects, and takes massive damage from destroy effects. Its Turn Meter gain can't be prevented, and it is immune to Ability Block, Daze, Fear, Health Down, Shock, Stagger, and Stun, as well as cooldown increase. Enemies can't recover Health with Health Steal, recover Protection, or gain bonus Turn Meter.
Fearsome Foe begins a countdown when the encounter begins. When it completes, all enemies will become Enraged until the end of the encounter.
Door Control Panel
Unique - Lockdown
Description: When this device is disabled, the pit door will close on the Rancor, Toppling it for 1 turn.

After being disabled, this device is temporarily inactive.

Phase III Changes
Rancor
Basic - Crushing Claw
Description: Inflict Healing Immunity for 2 turns to the target and another random enemy, then deal Physical damage to them. Then dispel their buffs and reduce their Max Protection by 50% (stacking). This ability can't be countered.
Special 1 - Rancor Slam
Description: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Health Down for 2 turns. Then, Devour's cooldown is reduced by 1 for each enemy that is below 60% Health.
Special 2 - Bellow
Description: The Rancor roars, Dispelling all positive status effects from all enemies, and removing 75% Turn Meter from each enemy that did not have a positive status effect. Inflict Daze on all enemies for 2 turns.
Special 3 - Devour
Description: Instantly defeat target enemy. This ability can't be Evaded, and the defeated target can't be Revived. This ability is on cooldown when the phase begins.
Unique 1 - Debilitating Wounds
Description: The Rancor takes 75% less damage from enemies suffering a negative status effect.

Door Control Panel
Unique - Lockdown
Description: When this device is disabled, the pit door will close on the Rancor, Toppling it for 1 turn.
After being disabled, this device is temporarily inactive.

Phase IV Changes
Rancor
Basic - Crushing Claw
Special 1 - Rancor Slam
Special 2 - Bellow
Unique 1 - Rancor Rage
Description: The Rancor may no longer use Devour, but it has +100% Speed and its ability cooldowns recover 100% faster.

Relic 8
The Challenge Tier of The Pit provides a variety of top tier rewards but it also rewards an exclusive item needed for the next level of Relic Amplifiers. Level 8 Relic Amplifiers require 20 each of two new Relic materials. The first material, Impulse Detectors, is created from salvage; the other material, Aeromagnifiers, are unique to the Challenge Rancor Raid.
huxpb284rym8.pngmr8b261rbby9.png

We wanted Relic 8 to initially have a raid-exclusive aspect in order to give Guilds some new goals to work toward and at the same time, reinforce the core gameplay for Guilds in Galaxy of Heroes. Here’s how many Aeromagnifiers you can earn (in addition to other rewards) from completing the Challenge Tier.
10sgb4fscwja.png

Note: There is a visual bug that only shows Reward Ranks 1, 2, 6-10, 11-25, 26-40, 41-50. Ranks 3-5 have the same rewards as Rank 2.

This event will be live later today. Stay tuned for the Update Notes and see you on the Holotables!

DEV POST
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    The event is available to all Guilds right away but only Relic 5 characters are allowed to participate

Yuck

This left a very sour taste in my mouth
  • How many can we do a week utilizing alt guild shells?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Funny how we can scrap new relic materials, Impulse Detectors, while in the Q&A said they can't do that anymore which is why some G12 gear can't be scrapped
  • My beef is the rewards for the new R8 mats. Ok, so you say the rewards are flatter to reduce friction in guilds. Then this?

eoocai4d8yi1.png

How is that flat?
  • "Since the Challenge Tier is designed to require cooperation, we have opted for a flatter prizing structure."

Genuinely curious how does rank 1 getting 11 times the new rewards as rank 41-50 flatten the system.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Agreed. I don’t understand why they keep trying to do things like this. It’s like when they had GC feat of “beat A with relic B or above” or whatever it was.
  • I thought you would be pointing out how the rewards are extremely top-heavy, like HSith. :/

Another Mark of not listening to the player base. Shocking (not really).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I recall they couldn't use some gear for technical reasons? Since they don't mention which salvage gonna be used, it might not be from the ones unavailable for technical reasons. It is only gonna be worse
  • I'll reserve the R5 judgement for after I see the actual raid, but those R8 mats are going to hurt guilds. Get ready to see mercs and people downgrading guilds so they can get top 5.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I knew there was going to be a relic gate, but I was hoping it was r1 gated

Also, the Aeromagnifiers reward pool won't age well over time, as the sith raid reward pool is a huge mess, please rework both reward structures and entry requirements

I know you want guild members to constantly compete against each other but the reward pool is pretty bad, it needs to be more generous from top down for each ranking

Ranks 1-3 need to be a category for 11 Aero, 4-10, 10-25, etc

@CG_Doja_Fett @CG_SBCrumb
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    My beef is the rewards for the new R8 mats. Ok, so you say the rewards are flatter to reduce friction in guilds. Then this?

eoocai4d8yi1.png

How is that flat?

@CG_Doja_Fett @CG_SBCrumb care to comment on how this is flatter?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I thought you would be pointing out how the rewards are extremely top-heavy, like HSith. :/

Another Mark of not listening to the player base. Shocking (not really).

Yes that is my second complaint

Over time it will be redundant, my third complaint is the anti-GL text on every raid boss, that encourages players to avoid GL and focus on raid teams instead
  • Anakin_Earthrunner
    62 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    So much for me helping my guild in the challenge tier raid...I have 1 relic 5 character..... Relic 5 minimum is disgusting.... much less multiple relic 5 teams that are going to need to synergize...
  • Top 5 get double the rewards compared to outside top 10.
    That’s a very triangular definition of flat...

Also, really disappointed in the R5 requirements.
    I have a ton of good tons at R4, I have a bunch of teams with 1-2 members below R/below R5, they are all useless for the raid.
  • Sidenote: What's with that blue color? It hurts my eyes
  • Yippy whale and kracken guilds have something new to play.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    Top 5 get double the rewards compared to outside top 10.
    That’s a very triangular definition of flat...

Also, really disappointed in the R5 requirements.
    I have a ton of good tons at R4, I have a bunch of teams with 1-2 members below R/below R5, they are all useless for the raid.

R5 is very very very difficult to do

R1 gate should be digestable imo
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Ultra wrote: »

Also, the Aeromagnifiers reward pool won't age well over time, as the sith raid reward pool is a huge mess, please rework both reward structures and entry requirements

I know you want guild members to constantly compete against each other but the reward pool is pretty bad, it needs to be more generous from top down for each ranking

Once again, raid reward structure is terrible. Far too top-heavy.

Either CG developers don't actually play the game or they can't stand their guildmates - which is true? Asking for a friend.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • As of now, the rewards average for a guild of 50 is 4.4 on the new piece.

If the devs insist on that total number of Aeromagnifiers, rank 1 could get 6, 2-20 get 5 and 21-50 get 4. That way there would still be an incentive to post more damage, but at least differences in rewards wouldn't be ridiculously disproportionate.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Either CG developers don't actually play the game or they can't stand their guildmates - which is true? Asking for a friend.

LOL

this is 100% the case
  • No joke. I mean, I expected this. I made peace with the structure a long time ago. It is what it is. But don't try and decieve us about it...
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Once again, raid reward structure is terrible. Far too top-heavy.

It's because they don't care about their playerbase or what that playerbase wants. They know this will make them a gajillion dollars as mega-whales fight to make sure they get top 10. Again.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    As of now, the rewards average for a guild of 50 is 4.4 on the new piece.

If the devs insist on that total number of Aeromagnifiers, rank 1 could get 6, 2-20 get 5 and 21-50 get 4. That way there would still be an incentive to post more damage, but at least differences in rewards wouldn't be ridiculously disproportionate.

Yeah, I'm fine with the overall reduction in the reward pool per member for the guild if it ends up being like so
  • I don't believe it does. If the devs truly want to encourage and reward guild cooperation rather than foster competition and 'friction' (as Doja Fett called it), then they would do something like this for raids:

- similar to TB, everyone who participates receives the same total rewards that the entire guild achieved
    - this means that raid fights should not have a theoretical cap (or the cap is determined by the raid tier), each person fights through all the phases (so everyone gets a chance to see it all), and the reward is determined by the sum total performance of everyone together
    - you can still have a leaderboard to show who did the most damage, but don't assign rewards for that because that just means people will compete rather than cooperate

Just a quick idea on how to make it easier to cooperate rather than compete. Yes people can say "well your guild culture and rules should prevent competition if you don't want it", to which I say, why make it naturally harder to do the right thing. If we agree that guild events are meant for a guild to work together to accomplish, then the game should naturally reward that and punish the opposite.
  • No joke. I mean, I expected this. I made peace with the structure a long time ago. It is what it is. But don't try and decieve us about it...

Exactly. Flatter prize structure? This is mathematically the least flat reward structure of all guild activities.

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    CG: We hear you, and because this requires cooperation, we're going to have a flatter reward structure so you don't have to compete with your guildmates
    Also CG: Here is the worst possible way to give out this event exclusive new piece of progression. You're welcome!
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Also, every raid allowed us to max gear our units (Relic 8 in this case)

so why do we have to scrap our gear for the other half of the progression?