The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• Hey heeey!!!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Lol "flatter rewards."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • You cant do this. You are disrespecting years long friendships and guilds everywhere with these reward structures. You are telling 50% of the guild they are worthless with the relic 8 aero distribution. This is embarrassing. I'm ashamed of you all and you should be ashamed of yourselves. @CG_Doja_Fett
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    giphy.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Trash.

The relic 8 exclusivity aspect also marginalizes guilds that enjoy building up new players -- a minority, sure, but we spend more money to stay relevant because we enjoy the community aspect and arguably act as a gateway for longtime players to either hang or move on.

FREE RELIC 8, even if it's at a price.
  • Montanz
    212 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    You say that you want to reduce friction in guilds by flattening the reward structure but then you contradict yourself by saying you want it to be exclusive “initially” and have the best mats and probably rewards dropping from top10. Seems like you could have given lower ranked members in big guilds a few more mat pieces each. Doesn’t look like it will help any friction or stop any guild chaos from happening. I think ppl are happy about this content and it’s exciting to have a challenge but most are worried about the rewards because we don’t want another sith raid situation.
  • I don't really participate in discussions here, but I came on to say the same thing as others. The bottom 10 getting a single one and 26-40 getting 3, versus top 10 getting 8-11 is really brutal, and is actually a great way to continue the cutthroat competition between guild members, rather than building cooperation.

Handout something like 8 for top and maybe 5 for bottom if you want to actually flatten things out.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    it has +75% Tenacity, gains 15% Turn Meter whenever it takes damage, and uses 3 abilities per turn
    Enemies can't recover Health with Health Steal, recover Protection, or gain bonus Turn Meter.
    Great!

All my support toons are useless!
  • A non-raider who gets bottom rewards would take 20 (!!!!!) raids to get one relic 8?!?

That is absurd and not sustainable. Someone, or 10 someones, always have to be on the bottom of this reward structure, and 1/20th of a R8 (not even, but the raid half) is not good for the game health if this is happening once a week.
  • “The Challenge Tier for The Pit raid requires a high level Guild to work closely together in order to complete. “
    Yeah but rank 1 get more than double reward than rank 11. Good job CG...
  • Agree with all of the other posters, R5 is a ridiculous requirement and reward structure should be equal. I don't understand what they are not getting about this. Plus, why the anti-GL mechanics? They are supposed to be the "top tier" of toons, and require an insane investment to obtain (at least for FTP players, I just recently unlocked SLKR). I would think GLs would get a bonus in this Raid, similar to CLS and JTR in Sith Raid
  • Ultra wrote: »
    it has +75% Tenacity, gains 15% Turn Meter whenever it takes damage, and uses 3 abilities per turn
    Enemies can't recover Health with Health Steal, recover Protection, or gain bonus Turn Meter.
    Great!

Seems very boring. How can we do the most damage per hit while having the best possible survivability?

Yeah, there's some creativity there. But nothing like before.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    Top 5 get double the rewards compared to outside top 10.
    That’s a very triangular definition of flat...

Also, really disappointed in the R5 requirements.
    I have a ton of good tons at R4, I have a bunch of teams with 1-2 members below R/below R5, they are all useless for the raid.

R5 is very very very difficult to do

R1 gate should be digestable imo
    I'd even go as far as r3 but r5 is a bit much. Makes me wonder just how rough this thing is going to be. :o
    My beef is the rewards for the new R8 mats. Ok, so you say the rewards are flatter to reduce friction in guilds. Then this?

eoocai4d8yi1.png
    How is that flat?
    It's about as flat as my buttocks and every bit as cheeky. :tongue:
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    Agree with all of the other posters, R5 is a ridiculous requirement and reward structure should be equal. I don't understand what they are not getting about this. Plus, why the anti-GL mechanics? They are supposed to be the "top tier" of toons, and require an insane investment to obtain (at least for FTP players, I just recently unlocked SLKR). I would think GLs would get a bonus in this Raid, similar to CLS and JTR in Sith Raid

This will cause players to invest in raid focused toons over GLs
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Doja_Fett any comments about the "flat" rewards system? Were there some sort of typos there? Because 1st getting 11 times more than 41-50 is anything but flat.
    If this was correct then it will increase friction in guilds 1000%, not reduce it.
  • Stupid move.
    Sell relic 8 as packs instead 😒
  • Are the relic 8 the only reward items or is there gear as well?

Maybe they meant the gear would be flatter structure?
  • Great. Another power creep.
  • Relic 5 gate is lame as hell, guess my guild will stick to simming instead of enjoying new content. Thanks CG!
  • douja wrote: »
    Relic 5 gate is lame as hell, guess my guild will stick to simming instead of enjoying new content. Thanks CG!

You can do both. Challenge Tier has different tickets.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    Great!

Seems very boring. How can we do the most damage per hit while having the best possible survivability?

Yeah, there's some creativity there. But nothing like before.

The key is just DAMAGE DAMAGE DAMAGE

the whole raid revolves around kitchen sink

so you need tons of r5 in your roster and just hit auto with damage

JML lead is bad because no protection recovery OR TM gain, on top of GL penalties
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Literally unreadable. repost this without the insane blue text please. What and who exactly are the "Spoilers" tags for? People who want to try the raid but be surprised, but are also opening this thread? What is happening??
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I’d be fine with regular gear rewards being somewhat skewed, but claiming flatter reward structure, dating the whole guild have to participate.... and then shafting half the guild completely with R8 rewards is just dishonest.

Again, if you believe that intra-guild competition is what drives spending and thus the game, just be honest about designing the event for intra-guild competition.
    This claims of collaboration and friction reduction is so much at odds with what you actually do it’s mind boggling...
  • We wanted to flatten the rewards across the guild so we did the exact opposite
  • I’m fully aware that anything is subject to change as the new raid is just now rolling out. I realize that it is these type of post that guide the devs to what the players want to I will be kind and gentle here.

We didn’t want relic gating in GC and it’s no surprise we don’t want it now. My guess is they don’t want guilds doing the raid that can’t complete it, but relic gating isn’t the key. In my opinion guild power would be the better option to gate. It takes our freedom away of how we want to play the game. If we get destroyed with our relic 2 characters so be it at least we had fun trying. Because of this relic gating guilds that are able to attempt it many players that do have relic characters won’t be able to because they are not relic 5.

Second is the penalty for using GLs. People payed thousands of dollars for these characters which helps support the game and gives you guys pay checks. More than anything we should be rewarded for using GLs. If you made GLs to OP that’s your fault not ours don’t penalize us for that. That being said yes the new raid doesn’t need to be soloable. There are many other ways this can be accomplished rather than pushing characters to the trash.

Hopefully CG you will listen as you have been doing amazing so far. Don’t let us down!
  • Of course it's a R5 gate. R1-R4 are more accessible to achieve but of course the gate starts at R5 where the arodium heatsinks come into play. Typical.
  • k1w5m66415b1.png
  • Honestly everything new about it seems trash:
    1. relic5 requirements
    2. no tm gain, no prot recovery
    3. rewards "flat" as CGs wallet