Geonosian Soldier calls for an assist almost every attack + Darth Sidious needs a nerf

Doc
7 posts Member
edited December 2015
Just played an arena match where when attacked by the Geonosian Soldier, only once did his attack not call on assist. Only his special attack is supposed to call for an assist yet almost every basic attack (except for once) did his basic attack not call for an assist...

Then on top of that you have the massively over powered Sidious who can dodge every other Jedi attack, literally 1 in 2 will not hit if upgraded. He heals himself, causes healing immunity and hits far too hard considering all of these OP skills rendering him almost untouchable by Jedi and almost always making it impossible to heal from his attacks unless you down him, which is literally up to chance.

Who is making up these skills? The only way you can heal characters with healing immunity is Bariss which y'all thought would be fun to charge $50 for or slowly grinding up to the chance you can start getting shards.

Developers have no understanding of how to balance mechanics in this game. I regret spending $10 on daily gems thinking it would make a difference. Instead you guys pick a few heroes you like and give them all the benefits leaving little room to make a actual diverse team.

What's the logic exactly?
Let's just put all the good skills in heroes that take way too much time or require you to spend copious amounts of money to attain and make the majority of heroes redundant unless you have a very specific combination of heroes.

Not to mention the difference in shards needed to make them even relevant
Post edited by Zalenira on

Replies

• Sorry for the curse words, seems as if it always finds into what I type out of frustration. Basically part of my regular vocabulary.
  • Geonosian Soldier comes with a Unique Ability that grants him Turn Meter gain on a critical hit. So if he is with a team that grants him a high chance for critical hits, you might see him attack multiple times.

Darth Sidious has a +35% Evasion against Jedi attacks, which might make it hard to fight him with an all-Jedi squad.
  • Stop calling for nerfs, you're ruining the game
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Sidious is hugely overrated and will not be used much in 6 months or so as better heroes are starting to reach 7☆

Sounds like you faced a Phasma team. Geonosian, and IG-86 are popular squadmates with her Fire at Will leader ability.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • EliasLund wrote: »
    Geonosian Soldier comes with a Unique Ability that grants him Turn Meter gain on a critical hit. So if he is with a team that grants him a high chance for critical hits, you might see him attack multiple times.

Darth Sidious has a +35% Evasion against Jedi attacks, which might make it hard to fight him with an all-Jedi squad.

I see, I didn't know about the turn meter gain.

Cleaner wrote: »
    Stop calling for nerfs, you're ruining the game

Stop submitting rhetorical replies, you're actually ruining the game by enabling imbalance.
    Keaven wrote: »
    Sidious is hugely overrated and will not be used much in 6 months or so as better heroes are starting to reach 7☆

Sounds like you faced a Phasma team. Geonosian, and IG-86 are popular squadmates with her Fire at Will leader ability.

At this rate, the game won't last 2 months. EA may be a big corporation, but the Star Wars hype won't last and by default neither will this game unless they do more than add content and address the original faulty mechanics.

Instead the point i'm trying to make is undermined by censorship. I can't use profanity (which gets filtered by ****)

Now - I would love to know where I can ask for a refund on my purchases and have my account history erased. I'd rather play a game where quality is more important than the beloved Star Wars brand.

That being said - you're probably right, but im not willing to wait 6 months on a game that fails to deliver balanced content.

What was I expecting from this **** freemium game.

(Now just wait till I get a warning for using the acronym ****..)

Moderators are doing a bang up job censoring filtered profanity. I wonder if they think they have positions that make a difference.
  • moddom
    238 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Doc wrote: »
    EliasLund wrote: »
    Geonosian Soldier comes with a Unique Ability that grants him Turn Meter gain on a critical hit. So if he is with a team that grants him a high chance for critical hits, you might see him attack multiple times.

Stop submitting rhetorical replies, you're actually ruining the game by enabling imbalance.

At this rate, the game won't last 2 months. EA may be a big corporation, but the Star Wars hype won't last and by default neither will this game unless they do more than add content and address the original faulty mechanics.

Instead the point i'm trying to make is undermined by censorship. I can't use profanity (which gets filtered by ****)

Now - I would love to know where I can ask for a refund on my purchases and have my account history erased. I'd rather play a game where quality is more important than the beloved Star Wars brand.

That being said - you're probably right, but im not willing to wait 6 months on a game that fails to deliver balanced content.

Moderators are doing a bang up job censoring filtered profanity. I wonder if they think they have positions that make a difference.

While the game might not last, it is definitely not because star wars will lose hype. Star wars has had hype since the late 70's. Sidious isn't really that op, most use him because he is the best thing out of the arena shipments so everyone has him starred up, and genosian soldier isnt that hard to take care of.
  • Sid isn't op. While he isn't the glass cannon Dooku, Maul, et al are, he is relatively fragile. And so what if he makes things difficult for Jedi....Jedi teams were taking over and Sid balanced that out. There are a number of team configs that would eat Sid alive....
  • Doc
    7 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    moddom wrote: »
    Doc wrote: »
    EliasLund wrote: »

While the game might not last, it is definitely not because star wars will lose hype. Star wars has had hype since the late 70's. Sidious isn't really that op, most use him because he is the best thing out of the arena shipments so everyone has him starred up, and genosian soldier isnt that hard to take care of.

Agreed - Geonosian isn't that hard to deal with, but I still find Sidious OP. His perks far outweigh how squishy he is if you aren't a Jedi.
    Sid isn't op. While he isn't the glass cannon Dooku, Maul, et al are, he is relatively fragile. And so what if he makes things difficult for Jedi....Jedi teams were taking over and Sid balanced that out. There are a number of team configs that would eat Sid alive....

He absolutely is - listen, he might not remain OP, but he currently is in combination with most common heroes. 50% evasion on Jedi's, healing immunity, and self healing. People clearly recognize this considering most arena teams have Sidious (i'm late to the party). If by balanced you assume a team will have then yeah, maybe it is.

I stand by my remarks regarding Sidious OP.

First it was Barriss Offee (who quite honestly seems almost a tame choice compared to Sidious IMO, I didn't even think it was that bad) - you could stun her or block an ability. You cannot do the same with Sidious, by the time you can finish him off, its too late, you're losing. You certainly can't deal with it by healing other then Barriss.

Unless you actually spent money to get Barriss or have a team that can stun lock, Sidious is absolutely OP. There is little you can do to deal with him unless you have X,Y,Z. I suppose what i'm trying to say is, someone who deals as much damage, causes healing immunity most of the time, is able to dodge of half of any decent light side hero is OP.

The stupid moderators and whatever admins there are don't actually address these issues. There is no transparency to this game. We are not told what will be changed, we are not told what will come, we are expected to spend money to solve these stupid issues.

I came here expecting a forum, but this is merely a place for players to discuss nonsense like this without legitimate feedback from the people who are working on the game. The community manager doesn't address anything, you have no feedback besides that from players such as yourself and I.

I'll stop myself here to stop wasting everyone time with this topic, I shouldn't have expected anything good to come from this. The best responses i've gotten for posting this is "You've been warned" for using profanity.

Post edited by AlderaanPlaces on
  • Apparently st*pid is a profanity.
  • Geonosian soldier can use his special attack every other turn when upgraded to level 5. He still has a spot on my A-team because of that. Sidious or Luminara seem to be the ones to assist most often which has been great though I'm sure that's just random.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    You said you're late to the party and expect to run through all content and win every battle? That's like playing WoW to lvl 10 and screaming for nerfs against a max lvl in pvp. Maybe your opponent played longer and is geared better and you have no chance (right even) to be complaining.
    If you have a tough time vs a team with a genosian soldier I'm afraid you need more/better toons which will come in time. Patience is a virtue.
    Also ranting like that gets you a warning doh. Trashtalking devs and complaining about profanity? Makes you look like a 12 yr old. Probably why we have the prof filter in the first place. This game is played by a lot of teens most likely and the younger they get the more they throw tantrums.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Today I had this GW match where I force blasted Sid with Luminara so he was half hp, after that my asokha tano finished the job with her special. The rest of the match was easy, my opponent had a genosian soldier and 3 others I dont even remember, think it was phasma as leader cause I did see the genosian soldier shoot 3 times. Anyway piece of cake! Thanks devs for the awesome RNG I got in this match!

Now tell me why you never read these stories on forum?
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Diego wrote: »
    Geonosian soldier can use his special attack every other turn when upgraded to level 5. He still has a spot on my A-team because of that. Sidious or Luminara seem to be the ones to assist most often which has been great though I'm sure that's just random.

Are you serious. Every other turn? That honestly sounds broken to me. Could you please post a screenshot of that?

Anyway Doc, I actually giggled a bit while reading through your replies because I found myself agreeing with several of what you've just said. Im just going to mention that Marvel Future Fight is a good example of what a balanced game is but I won't go into details about that.

Though we are about a few months into the game and even from my observations as a soft launch player, this game is still relatively young and new. Many characters have yet to be tried and tested as the only ones that are, are the ones that are of the current meta. With a few exceptions of new characters being explored and are on the rise here and there. Which is encouraging to see honestly.

That being said, there are currently no reliable official complete stats database given to us by the developers and as a result the community had to collectively do their own homework which in turn gave birthed to swgohcantina, a beautiful wip. Shout out to Kyl and FTB. Most players won't invest their materials and gears on other non mainstream characters in fear of wastage as resources are limited. Fact. Most players would rather heed towards the community guides to achieve their desired game play experience. This is completely fine and understandable as these guides were made by the people, for the people.

As I was saying, when the developers made the (I would say) mistake of boosting Darth Sidious to be in favor towards the "canon lore", they've basically moved towards a unique route for themselves. One in which they must obviously be committed to head towards to, if they intent to salvage their credibility as professional game developers.

This is expected of them by the community as a whole since they are after all the people in power. Following this discourse is with regards to the myriad of characters that they have under their belt as well. That is why certain characters that have yet to be buffed must be buffed, ie Mace. And certain characters that needs to be fixed and reworked, needs to be fixed and reworked. (Damage Variance of FOTP, IG86 and friends.)

And as much as people are saying that there are "ways to counter sid, droids and etc etc"(which there are, obviously) that kind of mentality perpetuates and accepts the imbalances and mistakes the game developers have made whether folks realize it or not. Not to mention condescending. Instead of just providing alternative squad setups and what not, we as a community must also acknowledge and talk about this power discrepancies in order to help improve this game in whatever way that we can.

I might not go to the extant of saying that so and so characters are OP, so and so needs to be nerfed, but rather, the defense and offense mechanics of this game is completely disproportionate as of now. The game Developers need to acknowledge the fact that the dark side characters are blatantly outperforming the rest and must, to the best of their ability, fix that disparity between the two or else there really isn't going to be much balance in the force to be honest. Major character bugs such as Leia's multi attack and other characters Damage output must be looked into.

Doc I agree with you that this game still has a tremendous amount of potential and as much as I can't tell you to have the patience to watch it mature and grow, I personally want to have hope that it will improve because there are ALOT of things that needs to be fixed.
    Post edited by ZarAzi on
  • Ah I see. So it is similar to Qui Gon Jin's Harmonious Assault
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Which reminds me. Cooldowns really should be shown in the descriptions of abilities @CG_AaronNemoyten.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot