Relic 8 Effects on Ships

Wrathe
195 posts Member
edited February 2021
Does R8 change ship speeds? Meaning is everyone's 1st R8 character going to be GK to stay competitive in Fleet?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• It does change speeds, many people are looking into the numbers right now. Your nego adds 2 speed with it.
  • I personally use Malevolence to beat Negotiator, and vice versa. I doubt +2 speed on the opposing capital ship would make any difference to how effective those counters are.
  • I personally use Malevolence to beat Negotiator, and vice versa. I doubt +2 speed on the opposing capital ship would make any difference to how effective those counters are.

It won't make a difference in malo vs. nego, but consider it in tw where the opposing guild may set malos on defense and have to deal with your guilds fast negos with slower ones. That's how people are considering going for it right now anyway.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Fleet meta might change before I get my first r8. Oh wait, who am I kidding, fleet meta won't change.
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    @CG_Doja_Fett a commitment was made when pilotless ships were released to monitor and review the effect of pilot power increase on the relative viability of pilotless ships to ensure they were not “devalued”. Will we see any updates to pilotless ships now we see relic 8 increasing speed by 2 on some piloted ships ? Thanks in advance.
  • wildnz wrote: »
    a commitment was made when pilotless ships were released to monitor and review the effect of pilot power increase on the relative viability of pilotless ships to ensure they were not “devalued”. Will we see any updates to pilotless ships now we see relic 8 increasing speed by 2 on some piloted ships ? Thanks in advance.

Why do I fear, knowing CG, thatthe answer is going to involve something akin to ship mods? :s
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    wildnz wrote: »
    a commitment was made when pilotless ships were released to monitor and review the effect of pilot power increase on the relative viability of pilotless ships to ensure they were not “devalued”. Will we see any updates to pilotless ships now we see relic 8 increasing speed by 2 on some piloted ships ? Thanks in advance.

Why do I fear, knowing CG, thatthe answer is going to involve something akin to ship mods? :s

That would effect all ships though. So pilotless ships would keep degrading after every gear creep.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    wildnz wrote: »

That would effect all ships though. So pilotless ships would keep degrading after every gear creep.

Not if pilotless ships were allowed an extra "set"....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • They could also make pilotless ships to scale with the companion, similar to how they scale up the summoned toons
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    sloweagle wrote: »
    They could also make pilotless ships to scale with the companion, similar to how they scale up the summoned toons

What companion for Y-Wing?
  • sloweagle wrote: »
    They could also make pilotless ships to scale with the companion, similar to how they scale up the summoned toons

Or pilot-less ships scale with the Capital Ship.. So a boost to Grievous, would speed up Hyena AND Vulture.
  • it makes ships more gooder.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png