Please update JML Lead. Really frustrating to fight against JKR Lead.

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    pånøs wrote: »
    Wasn't referring to you TVF, your comment probably came while was writing mine.

Yeah my bad, I realized that and deleted my follow up post while you were writing this one lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Mirkraag wrote: »
    My bad for looking at the wrong profile mate.
    np, i change mods arounds anyway.

Backtrack though a little bit, are you happy with how JML *lead* is?
    Because SEE is (most likely) getting his buff, and JML gets nothing but a preventable buff that loads ulti under circumstances.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Mirkraag wrote: »

Because SEE is (most likely) getting his buff

That's pure speculation.
  • with 90+ pages (i think?) SEE has movement going and gonna have another - if we don't already have - an SLKR vs Rey beef
  • They are mostly focused on new Beskar Mando. SEE *might* get a buff. But it won’t be any game changer.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    You need to shill harder in order to be a believable CG employee.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Mirkraag wrote: »

Because SEE is (most likely) getting his buff, and JML gets nothing but a preventable buff that loads ulti under circumstances.

I am not happy with his lead. I find that I have to stall the battle to attain ultimate (I finally finished unlocking it, took my time as I was finding success without it). The good part is that I found success without needing the ultimate. The fact that the JML/JKR player can win against the AI in a mirror match quite reliably is still better than SEE’s condition IMO.

Also, just to note, many are calling for a buff to damage against DS squads but a nerf to damage against LS squads for SEE. If the devs do decide to buff SEE, the amount of time they have taken to make that decision indicates that they are being a bit more careful in the overall effect of change to keep balance (in comparison to the Kylo buff, which arguably made Kylo too powerful). That is a big “if” on a potential SEE buff. The feelings in that thread seem to mostly side on the speculation that SEE will NOT be buffed.
  • JML lead is garbage. His ultimate is garbage. If you have 600 speed on JML and 350 speed on the rest of the jedi on your team, before he gives his speed boost, then "maybe" it'll work well. All it takes is facing a team with one more speed on it's JML and you're done. You won't even get a worthwhile turn. (AI JML will just keep doing the efflux and adding to cooldowns / ability block so you can't do anything but basic over and over again. Add to that a Wat and you're really hosed.) Even the Meta report on that website you get to do all your statistical work, but pay so little they have to run 50 ads per page shows JKR lead is the clear favorite.

It's dumb and the ultimate is a waste of time and banners. SEE's ultimate at least will do some annihilating.

You didn't give Rey a jedi tag because it would make her too "OP", but Rey with four Jedi is literally more powerful than JML in the lead, with four Jedi.

Granted, this is pretty much the JML of Episode 8. Whiny and disgruntled not doing a thing to help anyone but himself and easily relegated to uselessness, so I'm sure Ruin Johnson would be happy with it.

Easy fix: make JML immune to cooldowns so he doesn't become useless due to another JML with even one more speed. Make his ultimate easier to build. Just a couple simple fixes to make him equitable to the others while in the lead.
  • You could just use Sith Empire with Wat and Han.
    https://youtu.be/5c_0JzcrgaY?t=320
    The JKR lead counter starts at 5:21
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    All it takes is facing a team with one more speed on it's JML and you're done. You won't even get a worthwhile turn.
    You can... use JKR lead! According to some people problem is solved. Also, you can force -somehow- opponent JKR to mark JKL/GAS, with 99% success.

Also, what's with the JML counter?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    JML lead is garbage. His ultimate is garbage. If you have 600 speed on JML and 350 speed on the rest of the jedi on your team, before he gives his speed boost, then "maybe" it'll work well.

575 on JML and 343 on JKR and it works great.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    JML lead is garbage. His ultimate is garbage. If you have 600 speed on JML and 350 speed on the rest of the jedi on your team, before he gives his speed boost, then "maybe" it'll work well.

Do you prefer the JML lead to JKR lead for mirrors? I find the JKR lead to work better, though I’ve modded JML for protection over speed.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »

Do you prefer the JML lead to JKR lead for mirrors? I find the JKR lead to work better, though I’ve modded JML for protection over speed.

I modded for both and I just like not having to switch back-and-forth.
  • pånøs wrote: »
    All it takes is facing a team with one more speed on it's JML and you're done. You won't even get a worthwhile turn.
    You can... use JKR lead! According to some people problem is solved. Also, you can force -somehow- opponent JKR to mark JKL/GAS, with 99% success.

Also, what's with the JML counter?

If keeping jkr from direct focusing jml is the goal, throw trays in there for 100% jkr marking her. You do then only have a four person jedi team but it will definitely keep jkr from marking jml.
    JML lead is garbage. His ultimate is garbage. If you have 600 speed on JML and 350 speed on the rest of the jedi on your team, before he gives his speed boost, then "maybe" it'll work well. All it takes is facing a team with one more speed on it's JML and you're done. You won't even get a worthwhile turn. (AI JML will just keep doing the efflux and adding to cooldowns / ability block so you can't do anything but basic over and over again. Add to that a Wat and you're really hosed.) Even the Meta report on that website you get to do all your statistical work, but pay so little they have to run 50 ads per page shows JKR lead is the clear favorite.

It's dumb and the ultimate is a waste of time and banners. SEE's ultimate at least will do some annihilating.

You didn't give Rey a jedi tag because it would make her too "OP", but Rey with four Jedi is literally more powerful than JML in the lead, with four Jedi.

Granted, this is pretty much the JML of Episode 8. Whiny and disgruntled not doing a thing to help anyone but himself and easily relegated to uselessness, so I'm sure Ruin Johnson would be happy with it.

Easy fix: make JML immune to cooldowns so he doesn't become useless due to another JML with even one more speed. Make his ultimate easier to build. Just a couple simple fixes to make him equitable to the others while in the lead.

With jml lead you have a 10 pts speed advantage against the jkr lead version. So if you only need to be faster (and i agree with that), it's not out of reach.
  • TVF wrote: »

Thank you for helping prove my point. My JML is currently at 553 speed and I still have trouble vs JKR lead teams with Wat.

Maybe just remove his lead completely so we don't even bother trying to get his ultimate to activate. I've gone against Rey and had her ultimate activate 3 times before I was able to get his to unlock.

It's rubbish, fix him. (You know, the greatest Jedi in the galaxy???)

. I've gone against Rey and had her ultimate activate 3 times before I was able to get his to unlock.

What's your team ? I usually ultimate around the same time as Rey with GAS, JKL, JKR and Hyoda. Hyoda is key imo.

• Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    Yeah that's pretty cool.... But if you want to fight geo ls and B2 fires once you are pretty screwed with your ultimate.

That's easy...if you want to stop the GALACTIC LEGEND from using ultimate just give them buff immunity...or shock...or ability block..etc

Great you can cleanse it with JKR...OH WAIT this will still tick B2 so you'll still get buff immune.

You would think that Jml is designed to beat ls with his ultimate lasting till the end but well... There's a BIGGER legend like B2.

But this was already said many times and I'm just here to whine a little in the morning ...cheers.

His lead isn’t ideal for LS Geo TB. I don’t even use JML lead. I use him in a JKL squad.

q4qcupoe4gln.jpeg
  • Konju wrote: »
    Yeah that's pretty cool.... But if you want to fight geo ls and B2 fires once you are pretty screwed with your ultimate.

That's easy...if you want to stop the GALACTIC LEGEND from using ultimate just give them buff immunity...or shock...or ability block..etc

Great you can cleanse it with JKR...OH WAIT this will still tick B2 so you'll still get buff immune.

You would think that Jml is designed to beat ls with his ultimate lasting till the end but well... There's a BIGGER legend like B2.

But this was already said many times and I'm just here to whine a little in the morning ...cheers.

His lead isn’t ideal for LS Geo TB. I don’t even use JML lead. I use him in a JKL squad.

q4qcupoe4gln.jpeg

I used JML lead in P1 of Geo TB and it worked just fine.

So, silly question time, since it isn't "ideal" for LS Geo TB, where is it actually ideal?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Thank you for helping prove my point. My JML is currently at 553 speed and I still have trouble vs JKR lead teams with Wat.

Is your point that you should be doing better, because if so, I agree.

Your JML is slow.

Your JML is slow.

Speed is relative to other JML and his shard.. Calling it "slow" without knowing the details is an over extend. As another overextend, teams with JKR lead no need to have fast JML which might be his case.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

q4qcupoe4gln.jpeg

I used JML lead in P1 of Geo TB and it worked just fine.

So, silly question time, since it isn't "ideal" for LS Geo TB, where is it actually ideal?

I am sure you can make it work in Geo, I just found JKL to work more consistently for me.

I do find good use in Squad Arena (fairly subjective point due to differences in shards), even though I’m not impressed by his lead very much.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Your JML is slow.

Speed is relative to other JML and his shard.. Calling it "slow" without knowing the details is an over extend. As another overextend, teams with JKR lead no need to have fast JML which might be his case.

In a vacuum, sure, but Whatelse has a post history.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    My suggestion is to add with his inherited teaching mechanic
    * JML gets 8% charge each time he taunts
    * at the start of his turn if there is taunt on him, dispell his own taunt and any debuff and renew taunt.
    That should help him getting his ult faster, but still slower then most
    and help him build up ult while there is no other character.
    Plus, it would be better to add
    * gain foresight at the start of each round if he's in ultimate mode(for pve)
    * gain taunt at the end of his turn if there is foresight on him.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    VeNeNo wrote: »
    GL lead should be the best overall, it just makes no sense that a JKR lead beats it.
    Lore-wise, there is. Old Luke is drunkard exile who sucks blue milk. And Revan is best strategist of Old Era, who've led successful campaign against would be God =D

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Game has never cared much about lore.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Game has never cared much about lore.
    That's why all abilities are so random (sarcasm)
    Devs do care when it suits them. So in this situation it's perfectly reasonable =D
  • Devian wrote: »
    My suggestion is to add with his inherited teaching mechanic
    * JML gets 8% charge each time he taunts
    * at the start of his turn if there is taunt on him, dispell his own taunt and any debuff and renew taunt.
    That should help him getting his ult faster, but still slower then most
    and help him build up ult while there is no other character.
    Plus, it would be better to add
    * gain foresight at the start of each round if he's in ultimate mode(for pve)
    * gain taunt at the end of his turn if there is foresight on him.

Bottom line is, his ultimate takes too long to charge up. You have to use the extra ability if he's in the lead to charge his ultimate. If you do anything else, it doesn't charge. So if you want to do ability block, mark, AOE, etc., you have to choose between the ultimate and using abilities of your team. Juxtapose that to Rey, who's ultimate charges every time someone on her team blinks.

His ultimate is good, if you can get to it. But because you have to put him in the lead to get to it and because it's so difficult to charge up, it is garbage compared to other GL's. Plain and simple. Rey is better with four other Jedi than Jedi Master Luke is, which shouldn't be the case, but it is.

Give us a better way to charge his ultimate, how he's setup right now is rubbish.

Your JML is slow.

Not all of us get good speed mods for being members of the CGDF. The rest of us have to rely on RNG causing mod depression.