Shard Economy Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• I just hope Doja didn't get beet up over the leek. It's not something he mint to do.

Dropping a triple on us? Dang. I'm trying to romaine calm.

Orange you glad he leeked the post. when I saw it, it left me S-peach-less. I’m so grapeful for doja. Hopefully Beskar mango is sublime.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Noooob556 wrote: »
    I just hope Doja didn't get beet up over the leek. It's not something he mint to do.

Orange you glad he leeked the post. when I saw it, it left me S-peach-less. I’m so grapeful for doja. Hopefully Beskar mango is sublime.
    Kale-er me impressed
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Someone said, according to GWR - Beskar Mando will have 7* requirement and g10 recommended, coming on wednesday!
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Someone said, according to GWR - Beskar Mando will have 7* requirement and g10 recommended, coming on wednesday!

Sounds like speculation.
  • Yeah, but what toons needed? Just Cara, Kuill, IG, Mando, Karga, and Moff Gideon? Or will there be more...like a new Boba? Or Fennic, The Armorer, Boka-Tan (sorry if I misspelled), new Ashoka, etc., etc.
    Lol even Frog Lady. I mean she has her own character poster on starwars.com
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”

Nice. And being added to the journey guide immediately is even better.
  • Yeah, but what toons needed? Just Cara, Kuill, IG, Mando, Karga, and Moff Gideon? Or will there be more...like a new Boba? Or Fennic, The Armorer, Boka-Tan (sorry if I misspelled), new Ashoka, etc., etc.

From the podcast, Mando, Cara, I
    Karga, IG-11 and Kuill.

Read the link ultra posted. Has all the info
  • Oh, nvm about that with what toons needed, I read your thing @Ultra. But it would still be cool to get new toons eventually.
  • Noooob556 wrote: »
    I just hope Doja didn't get beet up over the leek. It's not something he mint to do.

Beskar Mango would be a great gamer tag.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Imagine in Beskar armor...😂

sfbi3sls6iyh.gif
  • Konju wrote: »
    Imagine in Beskar armor...😂

sfbi3sls6iyh.gif

The Mango J-Lo-rian.
  • Hey Doja, any other news you want to leek? :#:D;)
  • Hey Doja, any other news you want to leek? :#:D;)

b0tocmil9cko.png
    Really good change

It helps newer players, and players who took a break to catch up with the game

I do like how there is still importance on newer toons (one year mark)

I like how they are handling the shard shop situation. We aren’t getting less than we currently are

Hopefully, we get a much needed economy change to gear, and relic salvage conversion - relics are endgame “gear” thats missing in every endgame content other than Assault Battles, and TB

It might help people catch up but it's bringing a big part of players gear grind to a halt and slowing down the gear farm. I for one am bringing in less than half the gear I was from shard shop. Huge disappointment, and another door closed on upgrading characters. When your gear farming and they say mathematically it will be the same, NOT, bronzium cards is where most of my shard store income comes from yet payout is the same and shard store prices doubled means half the gear you were getting. Another wonderful adjustment by CG.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Zyppah wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Really good change

It helps newer players, and players who took a break to catch up with the game

I do like how there is still importance on newer toons (one year mark)

I like how they are handling the shard shop situation. We aren’t getting less than we currently are

Hopefully, we get a much needed economy change to gear, and relic salvage conversion - relics are endgame “gear” thats missing in every endgame content other than Assault Battles, and TB

It might help people catch up but it's bringing a big part of players gear grind to a halt and slowing down the gear farm. I for one am bringing in less than half the gear I was from shard shop. Huge disappointment, and another door closed on upgrading characters. When your gear farming and they say mathematically it will be the same, NOT, bronzium cards is where most of my shard store income comes from yet payout is the same and shard store prices doubled means half the gear you were getting. Another wonderful adjustment by CG.

It is mathematically the same

Feelings can be deceptive but the numbers never lie
  • If the numbers don't lie then why when the galactic battle is done and you collect all your shards that used to equal two to three purchases in shard store for up to 8 or more pieces of gear now is one purchase for 2 to 4 pieces of gear. Get real.
  • Zyppah wrote: »
    If the numbers don't lie then why when the galactic battle is done and you collect all your shards that used to equal two to three purchases in shard store for up to 8 or more pieces of gear now is one purchase for 2 to 4 pieces of gear. Get real.

Ironic telling someone to get real when you’re wrong.
  • Yeah, haha, so wrong. Fact.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If the numbers don't lie then why when the galactic battle is done and you collect all your shards that used to equal two to three purchases in shard store for up to 8 or more pieces of gear now is one purchase for 2 to 4 pieces of gear. Get real.

Because what you saying is not accurate.

Everything they did was to make it a net neutral for the shard shop.

If you have a specific example, please show us what you mean using actual items and toons, screen shots help, and we can help you understand what they did.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Yeah, haha, so wrong. Fact.

Character shards are either double rate or double value in shard shop currency from every node location, event, raid etc.

The only remaining issue was the full character drops from bronziums. While the shards dropped from these full character bronziums have halved in value, the probability of full character from bronzium drops has been increased. The effective change is as close to a net neutral effect of the shard economy change as possible.

You may be experiencing bad RNG on these bronziums, but it has been changed to as neutral as possible.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Yeah, haha, so wrong. Fact.

I would suggest reading some of the posts you are replying to, because you clearly don't understand the math here - and it's making you look very silly.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Maybe all you people stating it’s neutral can smarten me up on the math I’m sure I’m just missing something - ten shards of Han still nets me the same amount of ssc from a pit sim right? Same with gk on a haat sim. Same on hstr. Same on events that drop shards. Same on ship events. So if I’m still getting the same number of ssc from shards on that stuff and everything in the store is doubled, my spending power is less? I don’t have an accounting degree. Something is telling me, less spending power in store means more crystals spent on gear equals more crystal purchases equals pay raises for the staff all around! I do see the advantage for newer players getting a catch up mechanic (long overdue) but for long time players this is a poke into my wallet to see if I’ll bite.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Nope. 10 Han shards gets you 300 ssc which is double the old rate of 150. Same for GK and Traya.

Assault battle shards were doubled.

Ship shards doubled in ssc value.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Konju wrote: »
    Nope. 10 Han shards gets you 300 ssc which is double the old rate of 150. Same for GK and Traya.

@Bagwell

This is a catchup mechanic and as they stated beyond the change helping newer players get more it would be a net neutral for "everyone else".

See above.
    Shards dropping at the same amount had thier SSC conversion doubled.

Shards that are dropping double are worth the same SSC conversion.

Bronzium full toons have been doubled in frequency to give double the amount of shards

This has all been done to keep the buying power in the store which was now doubled in price.
  • And there is what I was missing. Doesn’t feel double but it’s probably a getting used to the thing thing.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »

@Bagwell

This is a catchup mechanic and as they stated beyond the change helping newer players get more it would be a net neutral for "everyone else".

See above.
    Shards dropping at the same amount had thier SSC conversion doubled.

Shards that are dropping double are worth the same SSC conversion.

Bronzium full toons have been doubled in frequency to give double the amount of shards

This has all been done to keep the buying power in the store which was now doubled in price.

I was going to ask that as i saw this for the first time in a while.
    31hz6oz6bkrp.jpg
  • Xitarus
    54 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    “Our intent with this change is to help all players expand their collections faster”

If this is the intention, I’m not seeing any noticeable difference from what it was before.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Xitarus wrote: »
    “Our intent with this change is to help all players expand their collections faster”

If this is the intention, I’m not seeing any noticeable difference from what it was before.

@Xitarus the rate is literally doubled. Track you data and you can see this. Each hit is worth 2 vs before when a hit would be worth 1.