MAW- Worlds First RANCOR RAID CHALLENGE complete

124Next

Replies

• Davethulhu wrote: »
    Labotus wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    1raek25w1at3.png

@CG_Doja_Fett any congratulatory messages for almost worlds first Raid solo?

How is this possible? Looks like Fakenews xD

It's real. The guild is #4 on the leaderboard. Pretty impressive for a guy with only 3.8M GP. An inspiration to us all.

Hahaha you owe me a coke cause i just spit mine out when i read that last line.

+10.

Well played
  • Just another example of CG catering to whales. Us regular folks can't even field a team. Still no content for dolphins or FTP. Imagine that
  • Ultra wrote: »
    1raek25w1at3.png

Hello There, jrod here. Leader of the Vanguard Alliance of which the Sand People guild call home. Some points of clarity: SPAPT is a hyper casual, quiet guild of about 160mil GP, they have a guild discord which hasn’t been used in nearly 6 months, until yesterday. This is guild in which the players log in every few days, play some SW and move on with their lives.

Apollo appeared in this guild in late summer, never joined the discord, never talked in-game, and you’ve all seen his .gg at this point, he was barely ever active. The other players and officers basically had no idea who this player is. Once the Rancor+ score posted, their officers started discussing how it “was odd”, but these are players so disconnected from the “game outside the game” they they really had no idea what had occurred. That’s when the attacks started.

Ultra, Khal, Brownie, and few other players bombarded both the silent guild discord and our alliance server literally DEMANDING answers. Repeatedly using the everyone tags when they could, posting memes and images in every channel they could access, including administration & rules channels. Absolutely relentless messages and pings to players who have nothing to do with the situation. All in a self-proclaimed quest to “report the cheater” appropriately. Confused and overwhelmed, eventually the SP officers gave them what they demanded just to make the barrage of insults and accusations end.

Then what happens? Are those screenshots appropriately reported to LD and Doja? No. They’re publicly posted to the forums, to reddit, to nearly major large scale discord server.

Yes. Apollo cheated. That sucks. He has been removed from the guild and reported. But a much worse travesty is the actions of “reputable players” who literally harassed and interrogated confused and innocent players. You’re adults. Grow up. If you want to track down a cheater, fine. But act responsibly, have some tact, explain what and why you’re doing what you’re doing. You make a lot of other people completely miserable yesterday to the point they’ll likely be quitting the game entirely.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I don't know the other two but this sounds way more like something I'd do than Ultra would, he's quite respectable.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Can probably add these guys to the list as well: https://swgoh.gg/g/8115/sand-people-are-people-too/

Isn't it a bit elitist to assume a guild is cheating because they have lower gp than yours?

A little lower, sure. This is something else.

Other than the one guy doing 144 mil dmg, as far as I have seen it should be theoretically possible for a 200 mil gp guild to legitimately clear the raid. I have no idea if they have the teams to do so or not. So accusing them of cheating based on the pics shown seems a bit wrong to me.

Theoretically possible for a 200m guild, probably.

For these specific guilds, seems quite unlikely.
  • sndnichols wrote: »
    Just another example of CG catering to whales. Us regular folks can't even field a team. Still no content for dolphins or FTP. Imagine that

If you can't field a team at this point, you're either a new player or you haven't been paying attention to the direction of the game. End game content is for neither of those categories when it is first released unless you just spend spend spend (like a 6 month old 7M account with 40 zetas spending). This is how every game works. If you bought a WoW expansion a month before a new expansion dropped, would you complain you can't access a new raid for max level players when you're only level 60?
    1raek25w1at3.png

Hello There, jrod here. Leader of the Vanguard Alliance of which the Sand People guild call home. Some points of clarity: SPAPT is a hyper casual, quiet guild of about 160mil GP, they have a guild discord which hasn’t been used in nearly 6 months, until yesterday. This is guild in which the players log in every few days, play some SW and move on with their lives.

Apollo appeared in this guild in late summer, never joined the discord, never talked in-game, and you’ve all seen his .gg at this point, he was barely ever active. The other players and officers basically had no idea who this player is. Once the Rancor+ score posted, their officers started discussing how it “was odd”, but these are players so disconnected from the “game outside the game” they they really had no idea what had occurred. That’s when the attacks started.

Ultra, Khal, Brownie, and few other players bombarded both the silent guild discord and our alliance server literally DEMANDING answers. Repeatedly using the everyone tags when they could, posting memes and images in every channel they could access, including administration & rules channels. Absolutely relentless messages and pings to players who have nothing to do with the situation. All in a self-proclaimed quest to “report the cheater” appropriately. Confused and overwhelmed, eventually the SP officers gave them what they demanded just to make the barrage of insults and accusations end.

Then what happens? Are those screenshots appropriately reported to LD and Doja? No. They’re publicly posted to the forums, to reddit, to nearly major large scale discord server.

Yes. Apollo cheated. That sucks. He has been removed from the guild and reported. But a much worse travesty is the actions of “reputable players” who literally harassed and interrogated confused and innocent players. You’re adults. Grow up. If you want to track down a cheater, fine. But act responsibly, have some tact, explain what and why you’re doing what you’re doing. You make a lot of other people completely miserable yesterday to the point they’ll likely be quitting the game entirely.

If posting memes and tagging everyone on a completely dead server of 50 people made them all "completely miserable", those people probably need to work on their real life emotional balance.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Can probably add these guys to the list as well: https://swgoh.gg/g/8115/sand-people-are-people-too/

Isn't it a bit elitist to assume a guild is cheating because they have lower gp than yours?

A little lower, sure. This is something else.

Other than the one guy doing 144 mil dmg, as far as I have seen it should be theoretically possible for a 200 mil gp guild to legitimately clear the raid. I have no idea if they have the teams to do so or not. So accusing them of cheating based on the pics shown seems a bit wrong to me.
    Not possible, I’ve spoken to guilds at that level and nope.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Regardless of how everything went down, I think both sides could've handled it better.

What's important is that Doja, and Leviathan are aware of this incident, and they are actively hunting out any other players using illegal methods to clear the raid :smile:
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    1raek25w1at3.png

And what about the other person above posting that he faced him in TW and posted about cheating and nothing done. Looks more like he was left to his own device because he brought a eb to the guild and why complain about that right. Didn’t get noticed or booted but now this really comes out in the light of day just how greedy he is once he posted a score line that and oops, now you want to talk about him.
  • sndnichols wrote: »
    Just another example of CG catering to whales. Us regular folks can't even field a team. Still no content for dolphins or FTP. Imagine that

If you can’t field a team, what do you need r8 material for?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Regardless of how everything went down, I think both sides could've handled it better.

What's important is that Doja, and Leviathan are aware of this incident, and they are actively hunting out any other players using illegal methods to clear the raid :smile:

Agreed, but I had fun...If people really had their feelings hurt, I would and do apologize...but nothing that was done should've hurt any normal sane person's feelings...
  • No matter how how you try to spin this or other players try to highlight or “what about” other situations, and the end of the day, what occurred during the attempt to track down the cheating player was harassment.

At this point there is a small handful of guilds who likely have no legitimate claim to have completed the Rancor+ raid and something illegitimate occurred. I’m speaking up because my people were needlessly attacked for a situation they were frankly not aware had occurred. If it happened once, how many other predominately innocent guilds and players were harassed and bullied yesterday?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Are those screenshots appropriately reported to LD and Doja? No.

This part is 100% false.
  • No matter how how you try to spin this or other players try to highlight or “what about” other situations, and the end of the day, what occurred during the attempt to track down the cheating player was harassment.

At this point there is a small handful of guilds who likely have no legitimate claim to have completed the Rancor+ raid and something illegitimate occurred. I’m speaking up because my people were needlessly attacked for a situation they were frankly not aware had occurred. If it happened once, how many other predominately innocent guilds and players were harassed and bullied yesterday?

Provide screenshots because nobody was attacked, you are making this out to be far worse than what actually happened. Nothing inappropriate or rude was ever said. No threats were made. Just a couple people having fun on a dead server. In fact, one of the old guild members of the sandpeople watched it all and was laughing around with us...
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited December 2020
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    How else did that picture come about? That’s an internal picture and someone posted it. Why I’m not sure. But it wasn’t because they wanted to report cheating that’s for sure. Now it’s backpedal time lol! Too late since nobody in the guild came forward first.
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    How else did that picture come about? That’s an internal picture and someone posted it. Why I’m not sure. But it wasn’t because they wanted to report cheating that’s for sure. Now it’s backpedal time lol! Too late since nobody in the guild came forward first.

One of the members of the guild, did in fact, provide it to us. I was going to take my account to the guild and get it myself, but the guy came through first. I personally shared it with a person in the community with connections to CG, so dont believe jrod in the slightest here.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited December 2020
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Me, Khal, Brownie went to their server and asked them to post the raid results since we suspected someone in their guild cheated, and we wanted to investigate our assumptions

A few guild members got defensive and didn't want to out their own members, even if they are cheaters, so stuff was said, guild leader (I believe) came in, shared the screenshot of the raid results, promised to get the member kicked and is against cheating and told us he will handle it internally and discuss it with the guild on how to avoid this further

we thanked him and left

Take that information as you will

I did share the image here (obviously) which I guess was a poor judgement on my part

jrod has been starting this drama in other discord servers too, and honestly, its not something i want to entertain, so I haven't given him a direct reply or will be commenting further on this subject

This isn't the thread, and if he wants to continue this we can in any of the discord servers he's going around in and shaming us or handle it privately, like brownie has been trying to do - which he refused

Their server is publicly available to join, so anyone can read up on what we did, and said
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Me, Khal, Brownie went to their server and asked them to post the raid results since we suspected someone in their guild cheated, and we wanted to investigate our assumptions

A few guild members got defensive and didn't want to out their own members, even if they are cheaters, so stuff was said, guild leader (I believe) came in, shared the screenshot of the raid results, promised to get the member kicked and is against cheating and told us he will handle it internally and discuss it with the guild on how to avoid this further

we thanked him and left

I did share the image here (obviously) which I guess was a poor judgement on my part

jrod has been starting this drama in other discord servers too, and honestly, its not something i want to entertain, so I haven't given him a direct reply or will be commenting further on this subject

This isn't the thread, and if he wants to continue this we can in any of the discord servers he's going around in and shaming us or handle it privately, like brownie has been trying to do - which he refused

Their server is publicly available to join, so anyone can read up on what we did, and said

👍
  • Can probably add these guys to the list as well: https://swgoh.gg/g/8115/sand-people-are-people-too/

Isn't it a bit funny how one of the guild leader's from his alliance actually called him out on cheating in this same exact thread?
  • F2p chatter was kinda more fun than mud throw race, lemme know if you want that back :P
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    1raek25w1at3.png

Did you try kicking them from your discord instead of caving to the demands?

Sounds more like you are trying to do damage control than resolve the cheating situation.

But thats just my opinion.

I also dont think the rest of those players cheated.... so take back the rewards CG or give to the community. Problem solved
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Man, all these 🌎🥇 going on lately, from 🌎🥇 Rancor Challenge to almost 🌎🥇solo of Rancor Challenge, and...

...now CAW is the 🌎🥇to be top PVP and PVE guild in the game!

4lgtari1e189.png
    q1r50o36g4qi.png
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    everyone in CP should have their discord id as <discord_name>#1111

we thanked him and left

it's incredibly funny to look back at this and see that you blatantly lied about not causing the trouble you did but people believed you anyways