Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• Managed to scrape through T5:
    zjbigmy2cpb1.png
  • Eb0nHawk wrote: »
    Latest Old Republic event is ****, I've got high level OR and they just don't compete vs Jedi Rey with Heroic finn/poe, C3PO, and holdo.

Eh, I beat it with r5 revan, r5 jolee, g12 bastilla, g12 juhanni, g12 zalbaar. Wasn't really all that bad.
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Was a tough one but i only had one relic OR. Got 2* at t7 with

r3 jkr, g12 jolee, g11 ****, g11 juhani, g11 t3
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    rokota wrote: »

Wow. Juhani? for the dispell?

I cleared T6 with the more useful in GA Mission/Zaalbar, but might have to mod and try T3 and Juhani for the dispels on T7. The RHeros are really tough, even with my R7 JKR R4 Jolee
  • rokota wrote: »

Wow. Juhani? for the dispell?

I cleared T6 with the more useful in GA Mission/Zaalbar, but might have to mod and try T3 and Juhani for the dispels on T7. The RHeros are really tough, even with my R7 JKR R4 Jolee

I didn't really think about how useful juhanni was, she was just OR and jedi, so she boosts revan lead more and was revivable unlike the other choices.

I just focused down finn, killed him, then killed poe. If jolee didn't have middle up or need to revive i used event special to clear burns.
  • rokota wrote: »

Thanks. I would have never thought that taking out well modded G12 Mission and Big Z for GX/GXI Juhani and T3 with super sus mods would have allowed me to beat T7 with everyone standing (Juhani revived once).

I suppose that's why some of these GCs are actually well and thoughtfully designed. You win this round CG.... *shakes fist at clouds*
  • Cand makes life much easier
  • I'm getting g12 toons taken out without time to act. They're not being one-shotted, but when the enemy gets their first moves, the TM swap + the resulting bonus action of the next turn (always RH Poe) will take out a g12 character. with no opportunity to do anything in between.

...and this is on T5.

So how is it that I'm supposed to beat this again? Just do it over & over waiting for RNG where they don't crit their way through my entire squad in the first 10 turns? Tried the Carth lead, but there's no time for the healing. Tried relic Revan lead, that doesn't work either.

Honestly, I believe y'all that you beat it with whatever teams, but what's the actual strategy? Is there any other than praying for RNG to protect you from damage?
  • I'm getting g12 toons taken out without time to act. They're not being one-shotted, but when the enemy gets their first moves, the TM swap + the resulting bonus action of the next turn (always RH Poe) will take out a g12 character. with no opportunity to do anything in between.

...and this is on T5.

So how is it that I'm supposed to beat this again? Just do it over & over waiting for RNG where they don't crit their way through my entire squad in the first 10 turns? Tried the Carth lead, but there's no time for the healing. Tried relic Revan lead, that doesn't work either.

Honestly, I believe y'all that you beat it with whatever teams, but what's the actual strategy? Is there any other than praying for RNG to protect you from damage?

I focused down HFinn first (mainly to stop the extra turn you are correct on being a pain). If I landed the JKR stun and ability blocked him, I'd blind Poe. Then, after finishing off HFinn, focused Poe. Honestly, I barely had to touch Rey, because of all the stacks on burning she had. I used JKR lead, Bastila, Jolee, Zalbar and Mission for T7. (JKR and Jolee are both R3 - otherwise the rest are g12+
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Canderous is mental. I had 27 DoTs on HFinn at one point. Trying him in place of Zaalbar on T6.

I beat T5 once earlier today but can't figure out a way to beat T6 with the same exact team I used on 5. Oh well. Keep trying different low gear combos
  • Boom: T6 done.

cc6zfzqzicnf.png

xfrcsk9r9rvz.png

Almost no speed on Canderous. I threw my B2 all potency and protection set on. Focus on HPoe first on the winning attempt. Completely ignored everyone else. The DoTs spread as he attacks so he just machine guns one character and then they all die when they take a turn except JTR.

• Hah. Duh...

Work smart not hard:

"Mandalorian Veteran

...Whenever Canderous deals damage to an enemy, he inflicts a Damage Over Time effect for 2 turns."

Then the event modifier causes him to damage everyone with True Damage when he attacks.
  • I got T7 it with R5 JKR, G12 Basti, G12 Jolee, G12 Zaalbar and G12 Canderous. But after 34 tries :disappointed: Canderous and patience is the key ;)

https://youtu.be/Xb_t_7JA8fA
  • I enjoyed this one. Felt like the right mix of achievable and RNG.

Managed all the OR feats with JKR, Bastila, Jolee, Canderous and Juhani.

JKR, Jolee r2, the rest g12
  • My Canderous is gear lvl 7 and total speed 135 and health+protection roughly 30000 so basically slow as molasses and can’t survive one hit. Managed to finish t7 with 10 retries. JKR is relic, jolee bastilla & zaalbar (my Juhani was too squishy) are gear lvl 12.
  • Finally managed T7 without changing anything. Took about 50+ attempts. Definitely a challenge without at least G12 on them.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    > More GC per week
    > Rancor Raid Challenge Tier

Dang, CG is ending 2020 in a very strong note
  • Asylumwar8 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    > More GC per week
    > Rancor Raid Challenge Tier

Dang, CG is ending 2020 in a very strong note

You are assuming they don't nerf the rewards. Why did we need the challenge box system?

"These Reward Crates roughly match what you would have earned for completing the original tiers, but with their prizes focused into compelling loot."

So we are getting (cg) -roughly- 2x the rewards per week.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    I'm cautiously optimistic about these new changes. I do like the idea of events running twice a week. Not a huge fan of the rewards being changed to end of the event. My caution is regarding the rewards themselves. They mentioned the rewards would be near what the original payout was, but now we have "compelling" rewards. What exactly constitutes "compelling"? It would be nice if we had more pictures of the new gear boxes to learn the answer to that question.
  • Fatal
    59 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I'm hoping we can return to 3 a week instead of 2, but 2 is a start.

The rewards being end of the event does drain a bit of excitement out of Galactic Challenges, though. I know there's functionally no difference but it probably means I'll just procrastinate the event until it's about to close instead of rushing to do it the moment it was available.

And please avoid bringing back the gear tiered feats. It completely kills interest in the event to know it's themed for a faction you haven't worked on (and have no reason to).
  • HK22 wrote: »
    I'm cautiously optimistic about these new changes. I do like the idea of events running twice a week. Not a huge fan of the rewards being changed to end of the event. My caution is regarding the rewards themselves. They mentioned the rewards would be near what the original payout was, but now we have "compelling" rewards. What exactly constitutes "compelling"? It would be nice if we had more pictures of the new gear boxes to learn the answer to that question.

I'm taking a guess; originally you could ignore some of the feats as they are merely giving out some extra gear which doesn't matter towards the real juice (new mod mats). Now since everything contributes into one pool, you better get all that you can at the highest tier you can.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »

I'm taking a guess; originally you could ignore some of the feats as they are merely giving out some extra gear which doesn't matter towards the real juice (new mod mats). Now since everything contributes into one pool, you better get all that you can at the highest tier you can.

Which overall could be a benefit to some players depending on how things are weighted. Previously, you might lose out on some good rewards because you couldn't complete a specific series of feats, but now the overall pool of rewards could be better. I have no problem with that if the rewards are about equal to what they were. The uncertainty of the word "compelling" is mainly what I am concerned about.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »

Which overall could be a benefit to some players depending on how things are weighted. Previously, you might lose out on some good rewards because you couldn't complete a specific series of feats, but now the overall pool of rewards could be better. I have no problem with that if the rewards are about equal to what they were. The uncertainty of the word "compelling" is mainly what I am concerned about.

Yes, I thought so as well if you are able to semi complete things. Compelling might be the difference between %90 and spamming a hard feat to squezze the last %10 until you get the right conditions in a match. And ofc such a thing will **** many xD.
  • I just hope those screen shots don't mean that they are bringing back the much-maligned "relic requirement" feats. :/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Just hoping that the graphic showing a gear gated feat is a dated visual that doesn't reflect the actual version we're getting. That would really really decrease the positive aspects of this update
  • The gear has gotten way worse, no mk5 stun guns, no stun cuffs, no carbantis. We got a little gear 12 salvage, but I believe it is all left side stuff and thus merely ok.

This was supposed to focus rewards into meaningful stuff, but we're getting mk4 stun guns, mk 6 furnace, and mk6 chiewab. All of that is just about useless. The remaining gear is merely OK which doesn't qualify for meaningful as cg described it. This is the highest tier of rewards too!

The only good gear is 5 kyros, 5 injector salvage, and maaaybe the mk6 droid callers. At this point the only great stuff in there is the mod slicing materials and even then that's rng whether they really help you (read roll speed). Pretty underwhelming change here, that looks to me like they tried to quietly nerf the rewards since they're increasing the cadence per week
  • I'm kinda liking the new system.

I've gotten everything except the top 3 tiers using Empire-Only squads. My Imps are pretty pathetic in the grand scheme, with only Palp & Vader relic'd and only 2 more at g12, unless I use TFP. With the new system, I'm sure I could beat t5 if I tried a few times and got the right RNG. But I can't get the highest prize box unless I beat t7 with Empire and I'm not getting that one done, for sure. So now I know there's no point trying repeatedly for t5/t6 and can call it a day.

Gotta say that even with GL Rey it took a few attempts to finish without losing anyone, so that was tuned pretty rough. I imagine it's pretty hard for someone without a GL to get it. And that isn't necessarily bad, but I also noticed while I was doing it that Scavenger Rey does pathetic damage against them even though she's r7. I would think a glass cannon of her caliber ought to hit harder - at least against the non-tanks like Sith Trooper.

So I did it just fine (except the Empire bits, which I didn't expect to do), and I'm not complaining for me, but really CG? Why should an attacker like Sith Trooper be so hard for a toon like ScavRey to damage?
  • @MasterSeedy you should be able to beat 6&7 with what you have.

I did it with g13 zVader lead, G13 Palp and Thrawn (doesn't really need to be g13), G12 Shore (or any tank really), and my first win on T7 I used a G8 4-star zPiett. I've beaten it again with Snowtrooper in his place, G12.