Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• MasterSeedy
    4993 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    @Vendi1983

Wow. Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. That said, I've got no Imp tanks. My best is Stormy at g10. But if you think I can do it without a tank (or with a g10 ST), I'll give it another go.

My Piett is 6*/g8.... LOL - I thought he was g8, but I haven't touched him. I guess he's 6* / level 1/ g1, but I'll fix that now

And... finishing g7 requires 3x Mk3 holos or 900 crystals. I have them, but wondering if it's worth it. Hmm.
  • Watch the BitDynasty walkthrough of the GC on YouTube, it makes it much easier to understand how to work this event in your favor.
  • Can either mod Vader to be faster than Hux, or let them go first, which might cause death... My first attempt was 296 on Vader and he went first, I've beaten it a few times with different Empire comps since then and Vader only 250 (went after Hux).

Trigger Merciless on KRU. Mass-assist. Then Force Crush Hux for another mass assist. Then basics on FOST/Kylo, then Culling on Sith Trooper for death. Can also swap and go after Hux for first death instead of ST. I've won both ways. Then just crowd control and feed turns to Vader for the mass assist specials.
  • He usually releases one a few hours after a new GC drops.
  • Watch the BitDynasty walkthrough of the GC on YouTube, it makes it much easier to understand how to work this event in your favor.

Thanks for this, helped me understand how to start a winning run. Next thing to add is that you can sub in a strong 5th non empire, as the summon counts as empire. I tried Wat a few times before putting in SLKR for the ultimate win.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I did all feats with zvader lead relic 7, zthrawn relic 4, zpalps relic 4 and zpiett gear 12 took a few attempts to get it right but easily doable with just these 4 as long as you have Vader zetas an pietts

Thanks for this, helped me understand how to start a winning run. Next thing to add is that you can sub in a strong 5th non empire, as the summon counts as empire. I tried Wat a few times before putting in SLKR for the ultimate win.

It can also be done with GML in place of SLKR. He goes first, gets DM and then basically eats damage while the rest of your team goes to town.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Managed tier 7 finally. Ran vader, palp, piett, thrawn and veers.

Tough but fun
  • I like the new reward structure, but think it needs a little improvement.

There should be 8 reward tiers, with the final tier requiring 100% feat completion. As it stands there are 7 reward tiers, with T7 starting at 110 tokens or tickets or zip drives or whatever we're calling them. I did everything except Full Empire Team for T5-7, putting me at 98/110 with 17 potential tokens left to gain.

I'm completely fine with not getting the highest reward, my team isn't good enough, that makes sense. But it just doesn't make sense that there are more tokens available than you need for the highest reward (unless there already IS a T8 reward which requires 115 tokens--in which case the T7 reward is what makes no sense because if you get 110, then you've gotten 115, which gives you the T8 and makes the T7 irrelevant.).

So, actionable feedback: Add an 8th reward box, rescale the thresholds to compensate. Alternatively, add EVEN MORE tiers, and add more feats to achieve them, then create a more granular reward gradient.

Thanks!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

I tried this and it didn't work, is there a win condition here? I used malak as my 5th and didn't get the empire feat, do I need a surviving empire character? I won with only malak standing
  • MasterSeedy
    4993 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    @Fingolfin26

Your summoned Empire needs to survive.

The feat counts "active & defeated" empire characters. Summoned characters don't count as "defeated" (since they can't be resurrected by EE or daka) and can only be resummoned (but not even always that). But of course if they're still alive & kicking they do count as "active".

So if you want your summoned character count, it has to live to the end. Other Empire characters can die without affecting the feat.

(Hint: Therefore use SnowGuy's stealth ability early and often to ensure survival. And kill Hux right away to avoid counter-attacks.)
  • @Fingolfin26

Your summoned Empire needs to survive.

The feat counts "active & defeated" empire characters. Summoned characters don't count as "defeated" (since they can't be resurrected by EE or daka) and can only be resummoned (but not even always that). But of course if they're still alive & kicking they do count as "active".

So if you want your summoned character count, it has to live to the end. Other Empire characters can die without affecting the feat.

(Hint: Therefore use SnowGuy's stealth ability early and often to ensure survival. And kill Hux right away to avoid counter-attacks.)

Thanks for the confirmation, appreciate it. I suspected and so I kept plugging away. Managed to do it with gear 12 thrawn, and vader, gear 11 palps, gear 9 tie pilot, and relic 5 malak lol
  • Nice work!
  • How is it we went from the February Q&A with the promise of new content this year to a few new character and this one weekly Galactic Challenges event?

CG hyped the "new content" so much and then gave us this. It is not that Galactic Challenges are bad, they are OK. Galactic Challenge in no way live up the hype from CG.

This year is pathetic. CG can keep saying whatever they want and add a new community manager but they still have not shown us much of anything at all. I tired of the promises and then the result fizzling out.

This year isn't over they still have time to deliver on oceans of new content and characters for players to have fun with in 2020.