Anyone want to talk about the new stuff Disney dropped yesterday??

DarthVenomis
473 posts Member
edited December 2020
Disney dropped so much new news about Star Wars, Marvel, and Disney/Pixar. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go to https://starwars.com/news/future-lucasfilm-projects-revealed
But, I know we (I) are most excited about is Kenobi, Ahsoka, and all the Star Wars stuff in general.
Thoughts?
“But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
Post edited by DarthVenomis on

Replies

• Excited for Kenobi but there is too much light side stuff coming. Need more dark side stuff.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Excited for Kenobi but there is too much light side stuff coming. Need more dark side stuff.

So much this.

I was also hoping that the success of Mando (season 1) would also push the more neutral/scoundrel side of things.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Excited for Kenobi but there is too much light side stuff coming. Need more dark side stuff.

Its all marketing.... they will make new shows where the cash flows
  • Just frustrating knowing how many people love the dark side stuff and Lucas and Disney just ignore it.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
    Just frustrating knowing how many people love the dark side stuff and Lucas and Disney just ignore it.

If anything, Disney ignores the Dark Side, along with everybody on the light side EXCEPT Rey.

Rey:

Rey has never lost a single lightsaber fight. She has beaten Kylo twice (7th movie and 9th movie), she has beaten Luke (although it was a staff fight) in the 8th movie, and she has beaten Palpatine.

By the 9th movie, Rey was given the roles of Poe (the pilot) and Finn (the informant/inside information provider). Both Poe and Finn were just along for the ride in that movie, and were both useless due to terrible writing that allowed this stuff to happen.

Dark Side:

- They killed off Snoke for no reason other than to have a cool death scene. He was hyped up so much in the 7th movie but died during the middle of the 8th without even getting any background story.

- They brought back Palpatine in the 9th movie just to kill him off the same movie. He didn't need to be brought back; they already had a great villain being hyped up, Kylo Ren. He was nothing like he was in the prequels. In the prequels, he started an entire war and played both sides of it in order to destroy the entire Jedi Order. He was a genius mastermind in the prequels. In the originals, he was the mysterious sith lord who was always two steps ahead of the rebels. What was he in the 9th movie? A 1-dimensional, all-talk-no-show Marvel villain. He was just there because Disney needed a villain.

- Kylo Ren was just a whiney child in the 7th movie, even more of that in the 8th movie, and completely useless in the 9th. All he did was slow Rey down, get stabbed by her, then switch sides to help her. He didn't even fight Palpatine, he just came in again to give his life-force to Rey. His only purpose was to sacrifice himself for Rey.

Everyone Else on the Light Side:

- Poe was no longer the pilot in the 9th movie. There was even a joke in the 9th movie where Poe was flying the Millennium Falcon ,and Chewbacca complained (in wookie) that he wasn't as good as Rey. Poe then sarcastically apologized that Rey isn't there to pilot instead. Why is Rey a better pilot then Poe, when she is supposed to be in the Luke (Jedi) role and Poe is supposed to be in the Han (pilot) role?

- Finn has no purpose in the 9th movie. Since Rey can force link herself to Kylo to see where he is, and since she can use the force to sense where her friends are being held on enemy star destroyers (seen when she realized Chewbacca was still alive on Kylo's command ship), she is now the one with inside information. Finn did absolutely nothing in the 9th movie.

- Luke Skywalker was a useless old man in the 8th movie. He acted nothing like he used to, and he was just a whiney old man. Look, no matter how upset with himself he is, he would have NEVER tossed his FATHER'S lightsaber behind him like a piece of trash he wants to throw away. That whole scene at the beginning of the 8th movie where Rey first encounters Luke was just meant to be a joke, and yet it took a lot away from Luke's character. All he did in the entire movie was complain and whine, to the point where it was no longer about him giving up hope. It was just poor writing that neglected his character.

- Leia was just killed off in the 9th movie in order to let Rey beat Kylo because apparently the writers of the movies think that the good guys aren't supposed to loose occasionally. Yes, I know that they had limited footage of Leia from the 7th movie, and that the 8th movie performed so poorly in the Box Office that they couldn't afford to CGI her in the 9th, but that was no excuse for how pointless she was in the 9th movie.

- C-3PO was treated horribly in the 9th movie by the writers. In the trailer we were click-baited to believe his death would be super emotional and upsetting. In reality? He was just casually whipped of his memory with several jokes in order to make sure that it was anything but sad. They didn't seem to care that he had no memory either, aside from how they were very vocal that he was annoying them. Even after that, J. J. Abrams had the audacity to just give him his memory back as if nothing ever happened at all. We were click-baited into believing C-3PO was going to go out emotionally like Han Solo did.

So yeah, you are partially right, Disney does ignore the light side. They also ignore the dark side. They ignore everyone except Rey, to be exact.
  • LordDirt
    4982 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Rey lost to Kylo in 9, his mom distracted him with her death and Rey pulled a cheap shot and stabbed Kylo.

I liked Kylo killing Snoke. We needed him to accend to be the main bad guy. I didnt like them bringing back Palpatine to take his place. Why can’t we see someone kill their master and take their place? Should have had Kylo take an apprentice other than Rey.

I saw no issue with Luke. Time changes everyone and he saw how the Jedi were just as bad as the Sith.

They should have had Kylo kill Palpatine, maybe even go back to Ben Solo later and he and Rey could combine to create a temple of force users who use all of the Force since they both did. Then you could have balance once and for all. At this point the Force will create another dark side user to match Rey.
    Rey lost to Kylo in 9, his mom distracted him with her death and Rey pulled a cheap shot and stabbed Kylo.
    She still won though, she stabbed him and he gave up.

I liked Kylo killing Snoke. We needed him to accend to be the main bad guy. I didnt like them bringing back Palpatine to take his place. Why can’t we see someone kill their master and take their place? Should have had Kylo take an apprentice other than Rey.

It was more about the fact that Snoke was hyped up so much and was just killed of without warning or explanation of who he was.

It's the reason why J. J. Abrams had to add in that cloning tank with spare Snokes in them in the beginning of the 9th movie; Rian Johnson ruined a character and created a plothole that J. J. Abrams patched up.

I don't have a problem with Kylo being the one to do it. But we did see someone kill their master and take their place before. Vader killed Palpatine and briefly was the Sith Master (although he was the last sith at that point since there was no apprentice).

\
    I saw no issue with Luke. Time changes everyone and he saw how the Jedi were just as bad as the Sith.

They never argued that the Jedi were just as bad as the sith. Luke's argument was that the Jedi had become blinded by their hypocrisy, which would refer to how the Jedi were supposed to be peacekeepers but were instead warmongering by getting involved in the clone wars.

That had nothing to do with Luke's behavior though. According to the movie he was acting this way because he failed to train Kylo Ren and as a result Kylo killed the rest of Luke's students. That is why he isolated himself and refused to be useful.

But the thing is, that is the complete opposite of what Luke from the originals would have done. Luke would have never tried to strike down Kylo in the first place, if he refused to do it to his father then he wouldn't have done it to his nephew.

Luke always believed that people could be redeemed, and that the hope of someone being redeemed is never lost. When he looked into Kylo's mind, he would have left the room and would then start focusing Kylo's training elsewhere to help him stay on the path of the light. He spent an entire movie trying to redeem Vader, so there is no reason why he wouldn't try to redeem Kylo.

That is the major problem a lot of people have with Luke from the 8th movie. His actions don't seem realistic for his character, which leads me to believe he isolated himself just for the sake of the plot.
    They should have had Kylo kill Palpatine, maybe even go back to Ben Solo later and he and Rey could combine to create a temple of force users who use all of the Force since they both did. Then you could have balance once and for all. At this point the Force will create another dark side user to match Rey.
    They shouldn't have had either kill palpatine. The whole thing was that if you kill a sith they possess you. Not sure why that didn't happen to Vader when he killed Palpatine, idk. Or when Rey killed palpatine (she deflected his lighting back at him). He should have been just a force ghost in the movie or something. You know what? Here is what would have been better:
    (I am just gonna make a forum post on it cus its actually kinda good)