Is my idea better than the current 9th movie?

I had an idea from a forum post I made. Here is a much better version of the 9th movie that I came up with. I know the movie came out a while ago at this point, but I still had some ideas I wanted to expand upon.

- After the events of the 8th movie, Kylo Ren has completely taken on the role as Supreme Leader of the First Order, however he feels that his power is not as great as it should be.

- Kylo Ren becomes consumed with his obsession of being as powerful as Vader, to the point where out of frustration he cuts Vader's helmet in half with his lightsaber.

- He seeks out the wreckage of the death star to find Vader's lightsaber or some kind of object owned by Vader, but is unsuccessful.

- He encounters the force ghost of Palpatine, which would be more of a shadow than a glowing projection since he is a Sith.

- Palpatine claims that he can help Kylo Ren become far more powerful than Vader ever could

- He instructs Kylo to take his cane with him back to Kylo's throne room in the First Order command ship.

- There, Palpatine becomes his secret military advisor, only appearing when Kylo is alone. Palpatine slowly begins to corrupt Kylo and causes him to go much further into the dark side.

- Around this time, Rey, Poe, Finn, Chewbacca, and BB-8 are sent on a special mission by Leia to a distant world to gain intel on the First Order.

- After Hux informs Kylo that the First Order has found the location of the main Resistance base (the one seen in the beginning of the 9th movie), Kylo personally leads his Knights of Ren and a small military force to destroy the resistance.

- He catches the Resistance off guard; his command ship hovers over the base, preventing any escape.

- Kylo and his Knights of Ren slaughter the resistance troops, even destroying both R2 and C-3PO.

- When Kylo encounters his mother, he raises his blade at her to strike her down. He hesitates though, when she says his name (Ben), and he begins to lower his blade.

- However, Palpatine's voice can be heard in Kylo's head saying "Do it". Kylo raises his lightsaber again, but cannot bring himself to do it.

- Kylo then hears Palpatine's voice in his head again, saying, "Weak. Fine, I'll do it". A force noise can be heard (the noise when Vader is about to force choke someone), and Kylo's arm raises and strikes Leia down.

- Kylo is shocked by what has just happened. Sensing the death of his mother through the force and seeing her in front of him, Kylo drops to his knees.

- Rey also senses her death, and this shared sadness causes them to see each other through a force-link (when they could see each other in the 8th movie). Rey is stunned by what she sees, and tries to strike Kylo down with her lightsaber. A shadow grabs the blade of the lightsaber, however, and ends the link. Kylo and Rey both feel that their force link has been destroyed.

- Rey tells Poe, who is piloting the Millenium Falcon, that they need to return to the base immediately.

- Kylo's only focus is now finding Rey, whom he is informed by one of the Knights of Ren has not been found after a perimeter sweep of the entire base. Kylo then force chokes the Knight, but stops right before the Knight dies.

- Kylo orders the Knight to round up the rest of the Knights of Ren and find Rey's location somewhere in the galaxy.

- He also orders Hux to burn the base to the ground. Hux has several First Order stormtroopers with flamethrowers incinerate the base.

- Kylo and his troops retreat to their command ship, which enters hyperspace and exits above Coruscant, the current capital of the First Order.

- When Rey, Poe, Finn, Chewbacca, and BB-8 later return to the base in the Millennium Falcon, they find it burned to the ground. They find Leia's skeletal remains (what happened to Luke's uncle and aunt in the 4th movie), and after they mourn, Rey buries Leia's remains. Finn says that this has to be the work of the First Order, and they set off to do whatever they can to defeat it.

- Realizing that they are completely alone, they begin to argue on the Millennium Falcon. However after arguing for a while, Luke's voice can be heard yelling "Stop!".

- Force ghost Luke appears to them and convinces them to continue to work together, and that not all hope is lost. He also tells them that the opportunity to end the First Order is nearer than it has ever been. He tells them that "the force has been and will continue to be with you, always", and disappears.

- Poe asks what Luke meant by the opportunity to end the First Order being nearer than ever. Right after he asks this, the Millenium Falcon shakes violently, and they rush to the cockpit where they realize that they are about to be boarded by the Knights of Ren ship. Seeing the First Order symbol on it, they realize that they have been captured.

- They try to hide, but after the Knights of Ren board the ship, they realize that they are going to be found and killed.

- Rey realizes that being captured may be the best way to reach Kylo Ren. She quickly reveals herself right before the Knights find Chewbacca, Finn, and Poe. They capture her and leave the ship stranded in the middle of space, not realizing that Chewbacca, Finn, and Poe are all still on-board.

- After the Knights take Rey, who goes with them without putting up a fight, and leave the ship. Finn runs to the cockpit and watches the ship go into hyperspace. Poe then pilots the ship to try to follow them and rescue Rey, and sends the Millennium Falcon into hyperspace.

- Kylo Ren, in his throne room, is informed by General Hux and one of the Knights of Ren that Rey has been captured. Kylo angrily asks if the rest of her crew has been captured as well. The Knight says that he was only told to find the girl.

- Filled with an uncontrollable rage, Kylo Ren uses force lightning (thus showing how powerful in the dark side Palpatine has made him) to kill the Knight.

- He than orders Hux to find them immediately, and then he will kill Hux too. As Hux leaves in a panic to find Rey's crew, Palpatine's laughter can be heard echoing throughout the throne room.

- Poe pilots the Millennium Falcon to the command ship, but realizing that the Millennium Falcon stands no chance against it, lands on Coruscant in search of a First Order vessel that can get them past the command ship's security. They land outside of a First Order military base located in the city, and they attempt to break in and steal a First Order ship.

- By this point, Rey is brought to Kylo. One of the stormtroopers that brought Rey to the throne room gives Kylo Ren Luke's lightsaber. Kylo orders both of the stormtroopers that brought in Rey to leave the room.

- Kylo takes off his helmet, and it becomes clear that he is very sleep-deprived. His eyes have turned yellow, just like the eyes of the sith.

- Rey sarcastically asks Kylo if he wanted to offer his hand again. Kylo shout, "Where are they!", fully consumed by his anger due to Palpatine's influence on him. He begins to force choke Rey while having her float over to him, where he tells her that he is "done playing games".

- Poe and Finn capture two patrolling First Order stormtroopers outside the base and put on their armor. Chewbacca and BB-8 are told to stay in the ship, and make sure that it isn't captured while they are gone.

- They get past the guards of the military base, and are able to get into two First Order Tie fighters and leave to the command ship. After being questioned over a speaker by a First Order officer, they are permitted to land inside a hanger in the command ship.

- There, they sneak into the detention center and discover that Kylo Ren has ordered that she be taken directly to him.

- Poe and Finn are questioned by an officer in the detention center, and after the officer realizes they are lying to him, he sounds an alarm.

- A shoot-out begins between the two resistance members and a battalion of First Order stormtroopers.

- Rey, after refusing to give Kylo the information he wants, is struck by his force lightning and thrown to the ground.

- Palpatine's voice can be heard echoing throughout the chamber, laughing and encouraging Kylo to give in to his anger. Kylo draws his lightsaber. Rey uses the force to grab Luke's lightsaber, and they engage in a duel. Palpatine can be heard laughing hysterically in the background.

- Kylo quickly gains the upper hand, and begins to use his force lightning on her, which she desperately tries to block.

- When Rey seemingly is about to be defeated, Palpatine suddenly stops laughing, and hisses, "You!". Both Kylo and Rey feel Luke's presence. Kylo stops his force lightning, and they both momentarily stop fighting.

- Force ghost Luke reveals himself, and tells Rey that Kylo has been consumed by the dark side because of Palpatine.

- Kylo shouts that Luke has no power over him anymore, since he is dead. Luke reminds Kylo that so is Palpatine. Kylo then says, "then try to stop me!".

- Kylo resumes his force lighting on Rey, and when Luke tries to use the force to block it, a shadowy force ghost of Palpatine shoots force lighting at Luke.

- Poe and Finn, having defeated the first wave of stormtroopers, try to destroy the hyperdrive reactor of the command ship as a last ditch effort of stopping the First Order. Poe, who suggests the plan, is reminded by Finn that Rey is still on the ship.

- Poe asks, "what choice do we have?". After calming himself down, Finn says "she will make it, I can feel it". They set off to the hyperdrive reactor of the ship, hoping that destroying it will cause the ship's systems to fail and the ship along with it.

- Rey, while blocking Kylo's force lightning, begins to move closer to him, and he ignites his lightsaber again. Kylo stops the lightning, and begins to clash lightsabers with Rey.

- Force ghost Palpatine, while shooting his force lightning at force ghost Luke, mockingly tells him that his father is no here to save him anymore. Palpatine also tells Luke that he will erase his existence and connection to the force from the galaxy.

- Palpatine intensifies his force lightning and Luke begins to be overwhelmed by it until he is no longer able to block it. He is electrified by the full power of force ghost Palpatine's lightning, and slowly begins to fade out of existence.

- Realizing that he can no longer protect himself from Palpatine's lightning, he decides to use the force to do the same to Palpatine. He tells Palpatine that there is no saving himself this time, and that a true Jedi is willing to lay down their life (in this case his existence) to stop evil.

- Realizing what is occurring, Palpatine shouts "No!", and continues his lightning assault even harder. Both Palpatine and Luke begin to fade out of existence as they continue to attack each other. Palpatine shrieks, and both Palpatine and Luke are faded out of existence.

- Rey, distracted by the destruction of Luke, shouts, "No!" and Kylo stabs her in the stomach. With Palpatine gone, Kylo connection to the dark side is severely weakened and he turns off his lightsaber. Rey crumbles to her knees, and Kylo catches her.

- As this is happening, Poe and Finn are seen fleeing the hyperdrive reactor as it explodes, running to the hanger bay.

- Tears in his eyes, Kylo apologizes for everything that he has put them through, and that she is going to live. Rey, weakly, calls him Ben Solo, a name that he hasn't been called in a long time.

- Emergency sirens are heard, and Ben Solo picks Rey up, and begins to carry her to his personal shuttle.

- At the hanger bay, Finn and Poe see Ben Solo trying to carry Rey to his shuttle. They rush over to him, pull out their guns, and tell Ben Solo to hand her over. An explosion occurs in the hanger, and the Tie fighters that Finn and Poe piloted are destroyed by debris.

- Ben begs them to help him bring her on his shuttle, and that he is not their enemy. Seeing no other option, they reluctantly agree, all of them taking off in the shuttle.

- Just after they leave, the command ship explodes, the wreckage of it crumbling into the abandoned factories on Coruscant (the ones where Dooku met Palpatine in the end of the 2nd movie).

- Thus, the First Order has fallen, most of its top officials have been killed on board (aside from Ben, who no longer deems himself a part of the First Order).

- Poe pilots the shuttle away from the planet as Finn tends to Rey. As Ben Solo takes a seat in the shuttle, he takes off his cape, revealing that a piece of scrap metal from the explosion is lodged in the side of his back. Realizing that his time is nearly up, he stumbles over to Rey, who is barely alive, and gives her one last hug before they both die together.

- As both Finn and Poe watch, Rey and Ben both disappear, becoming one with the force.

- Tears in their eyes, Poe and Finn have no choice but to keep moving forward. They land the shuttle on Coruscant and return to Chewbacca and BB-8 in the Millennium Falcon. They all mourn Rey's death, but know that the war is over.

- They leave in the Millennium Falcon, having finally freed the galaxy from the terror of the sith and the First Order.

Is my idea better than the current 9th movie? 13 votes

Yes
30%
ObiMagniiDarthVeritlynmInEcRaFtEr0617RattyBatty 4 votes
No
69%
StarSonNikoms565UltrachpMINIsolo_77Salatious_ScrumSebekmadhaderlittleMAC77DarthVenomis 9 votes

Replies

• Yes
    Keep in mind this post took about an hour to make, whereas J. J. Abrams had over a year to write his
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Voting in your own poll lol
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Yes
    TVF wrote: »
    lol
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    No
    Keep in mind this post took about an hour to make, whereas J. J. Abrams had over a year to write his

maybe yours could be as good as his if you also took a year to write it
  • zx9b2if9qwx3.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    lol

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I don't know if it is better than Episode 9 but i enjoyed reading it. Give it some time to polish it more and who knows? Still better than The Last Jedi though.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Yes

Kisakee wrote: »
    I don't know if it is better than Episode 9 but i enjoyed reading it. Give it some time to polish it more and who knows? Still better than The Last Jedi though.

thnx :)
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Ultra wrote: »

Let's be fair, ep.9 felt like Abrams wrote the script in 5 minutes without thinking further about it, then just spent the year to make it look good enough for Hollywood. B)
    I have my problems with op's version too because it still contains some of the same biggest logical mistakes. Starting with existing wreckage of the Death Star at all, it should have been pulverized, directly after the explosion there was clearly nothing left.
  • Sebek wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »

Let's be fair, ep.9 felt like Abrams wrote the script in 5 minutes without thinking further about it, then just spent the year to make it look good enough for Hollywood. B)
    I have my problems with op's version too because it still contains some of the same biggest logical mistakes. Starting with existing wreckage of the Death Star at all, it should have been pulverized, directly after the explosion there was clearly nothing left.

Battlefront II Would disagree
    Don't get me started on that one, lol. The story was just as implausible, nobody switches sides so easily... I don't get why those makers didn't get a really good author such as T. Zahn into the boat.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Sebek wrote: »

The story was just as implausible, nobody switches sides so easily...

Kylo Ren and Darth Vader would like a word with you. :D
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »

The story was just as implausible, nobody switches sides so easily...

Kylo Ren and Darth Vader would like a word with you. :D

Vader is an icon in the Star Wars universe and his path to the Dark Side was believable, tragic and kind of inevitable taking the prophecy into account. Cry-Low on the other hand... badly written character and part of the problem why I can't take the sequels serious! :DB)
    But as for BF2, I wasn't talking about a Force User (avoiding spoilers for anyone here) .
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Talking about how quickly they both went to the light side.

PS: Kylo Ren was one of the few things good with 7-9. Sorry you think people should always be calm and rational. I am sure you never get mad. ;)
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    edited December 2020

PS: Kylo Ren was one of the few things good with 7-9. Sorry you think people should always be calm and rational. I am sure you never get mad. ;)

I don't know why you feel the need for prejudging, as if you know anything about what I think from those few short posts, lol. I have read a lot of Star Wars books, played the games and so on - there are so many characters that are better written, with love for the details and where the story goes deeper into the mind of those characters. That's what makes a character feel authentical. Where have I stated he should be "calm and rational"? He should be more diverse, that's the point. He always looks as if someone has just stolen his favourite toy.

Edit: I missed your first sentence - for Vader it was believable because he was the Chosen One, and in that specific moment finally realized how Palpatine had always played his games with him.
  • CadoaBane wrote: »

I don't know why you feel the need for prejudging, as if you know anything about what I think from those few short posts, lol. I have read a lot of Star Wars books, played the games and so on - there are so many characters that are better written, with love for the details and where the story goes deeper into the mind of those characters. That's what makes a character feel authentical. Where have I stated he should be "calm and rational"? He should be more diverse, that's the point. He always looks as if someone has just stolen his favourite toy.

Edit: I missed your first sentence - for Vader it was believable because he was the Chosen One, and in that specific moment finally realized how Palpatine had always played his games with him.

Ben Solo was ignored as a son by his parents and sent to go live with his crazy uncle. Then his uncle turned on him. The guy had some family issues and lashed out when angry. Pretty believable character.

Vader didnt turn back because he realized Palpatine was messing with him as Palpatine did it pretty much day one and Vader knew it. He switched because of his love of family, it is the whole reason he did everything he did. His love for his son was stronger than his anger in the end. His love for Padme and the way the Jedi treated him forced him to turn. Jedi really couldn’t free his mom? Once again, family issues. See the parallels with Ben Solo?
  • Pretty much any idea would be better than what we got...

Mine... At the end of episode 9...QuiGon opens his eyes from meditation on Tatooine. "on second thought, I won't train the boy". Que dramatic Star Wars music end credits

Yes...even the obnoxious waking from a dream retcon would have been better than the sequel nonsense
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    The Rise of Skywalker was only bad because it tried to fix TLJ, which didn’t fit with TFA because Disney didn’t create a vision before they started making a new trilogy. It’s hard to try to fix one movie at a time when they already don’t fit with each other.
  • Yes
    im going to make an edited version of this, and hopefuly it will fix some of the other problems in the 9th movie. The only problem that I tried to fix with this was the whole Palpatine cloning plothole.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Once again, family issues. See the parallels with Ben Solo?

I see parallels with literally every Ubisoft game.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • LordDirt wrote: »

Ben Solo was ignored as a son by his parents and sent to go live with his crazy uncle. Then his uncle turned on him. The guy had some family issues and lashed out when angry. Pretty believable character.

Vader didnt turn back because he realized Palpatine was messing with him as Palpatine did it pretty much day one and Vader knew it. He switched because of his love of family, it is the whole reason he did everything he did. His love for his son was stronger than his anger in the end. His love for Padme and the way the Jedi treated him forced him to turn. Jedi really couldn’t free his mom? Once again, family issues. See the parallels with Ben Solo?
    Well then blame the actor too because he didn't reflect any of the things you named? Those conflicts were not really perceptible in the movies imho.
    As for Vader, of course it's more complex than what I wrote but I can't type whole books here, hehe. It all came together for him in that moment, he couldn't save Padmé but he could still save his son. Still my point is also a part of the whole thing.
  • Yes

Ben solo was meant to be Darth Vader. Remember how the entire plot of the 7th movie was a carbon-copy of the 4th? Yeah, that extended to the characters too.

- Han Solo was put into the Old Ben Kenobi role (they both die in front of the "Jedi" role character)
    - Rey was put into the "Jedi"/Luke Skywalker role (they both can use the force but are just learning their powers)
    - Poe was put into the pilot/Han Solo role (At least until things got lazy in the 8th and 9th movies and Rey got that pilot role instead)
    - BB-8 was put into the R2-D2 role
    - Snoke was put into Palpatine's role (He was the master, and Kylo was the apprentice)
    - Kylo Ren was put into Vader's role (He is the former Jedi who was seduced to the dark side by a dark lord, and must be turned back by those who love him)

So don't think it was creative genius or anything like that. It was just the same exact laziness that resulted in a carbon-copy of the 4th movie that was rebranded as the 7th movie. J. J. Abrams just couldn't be bothered to do something as trivial as to do his actual **** job.
  • I think any attempt to fix the sequels would have to pretty much remove all of 8 and 9 at the very least. And at that point you might as well remove the whole trilogy and start over.

Personally I would have loved to see a new trilogy based loosely on the Yuuzhan Vong war.

Luke has rebuilt the jedi order and the new republic has achieved victory over the empire. But a new threat looms from outside the galaxy. It doesn't have to be the Yuuzhan Vong but they would make good villains.

Then Luke and his jedi must meet the test to see if the order he rebuilt can protect the new republic from that threat without losing themselves to the darkside.

I think that would have been a fresh take on star wars. Hardcore fans would have recognized the source material but to most audiences it would have been completely different than anything before. Much better than the carbon copy of ep4 we got.